Managing a national team

Hello,

I took over the dutch national team in the year 2016. After 3 years (I'm currently in the year 2019) I wanted to bring some younger players into the national team since the kinds of van Persie or Sneijder are getting too old...

My question is now: How do i scout players for the national pool? Is there any good guide? My google search didn't bring much up...

Thanks!

What I tend to do:

A) If you are a club manager as well I use my club scouts and add the ones of relevant nationality to the national pool.

or

B) At the beginning of each season I flick through the club sides and add any players to the national pool that aren't there. For your Dutch example I would go through the squads of clubs from the top two Dutch divisions and then maybe clubs from the top division of other main European nations adding any Dutch players I found to the pool. Then once you have your pool send your national staff to scout them.

Overall though if you employ U19/U21 national managers they tend to do a good job of adding younger players to the pool as you go along.

Overall though if you employ U19/U21 national managers they tend to do a good job of adding younger players to the pool as you go along.

Yes, what I usually do is look at the U21 and U19 squads every time a new one has been announced and add any new players to the national pool.

Archived