Quality of graphical representation going downhill?

To me I think FM15 has marked a point of no return with the game graphics, it's just my opinion and everyone is welcome to object but it seems that SI have gone as far as they can go with the 3D graphical representation, to me this year is the first year the standard has actually gone down. That's not to say the graphics aren't more polished, it just seems that being able to turn the player stats, preferred moves and tactics into a fifa like graphical quality (because that's what their hoping to do to please all) is impossible. Personally I only play extended on 2d and goal highlights on 3d, but even the goal replays annoy me as the physics don't look right, especially when players are striking the ball they seem cack footed, there are still plenty of positional problems and goalkeepers reactions make great goals look rubbish, I'm sure it was better in FM14, although I didn't play it too much as I could never get into it. If I had my way SI would just concentrate their efforts on streamlining the game such as in classic mode (which has been great for people with less spare time) and making it ultimately more playable, if that was done I will be happy to never see 3d again, that is what most people want isn't it? You never know the game price might also go down if less graphical content research was made.

This is the first year that SI went from hand drawn animation to motion capture animation, this means that FM14 was the end point of how far those 3D visuals could be developed with FM15 representing the start of a new development phase.

The 3D is here to stay, I don't think the game would ever survive it it was pulled & the move to mo-cap can only be a good thing, I except to see even move improvements for FM16 & beyond,

Ahh that would explain it. I does seem that it has gone backwards, but I suppose sometimes you have to go back to move forwards. Still will remain on 2D for this version and await the hopeful improvement on FM16

I thought the same thing when I first saw the game, but the animations have vastly improved!

Archived