US High School/College League issues

Just got the game a few days ago and am enjoying it. However I am noticing issues with the college and high school leagues in the US.

The high school leagues (Minnesota, Wisconsin, CT, MA, NE prep, and a few others) are unable to be scouted. The reason for this is that they aren't listed under any nation - only given a reputation (local). I'd assume if they are listed as a US league, they would be able to be scouted/drafted from.

With US college leagues, they are able to be scouted, but the league alignment is off. CHA and the CCHA still exist, and conference realignment has not been changed. Such as UConn still being in AHA instead of HEA among others. Also, there is no age limit. I realize technically there isn't an age limit in the NCAA either, but very rarely are players older than 22 or 23. Seeing 30 year olds in college isn't right.

Thanks and keep up the good work with the game.

Just a follow-up on a related issue - it doesn't appear that players are even signing with NCAA teams at all. Many players are "aiming to play college hockey", but outside of those committed already in the rosters, none of them ever end up going to college (and you get a roster of 30somethings). I don't remember that being an issue in 07.

Also, there is no age limit. I realize technically there isn't an age limit in the NCAA either, but very rarely are players older than 22 or 23. Seeing 30 year olds in college isn't right.

IN EHM 2007 the colleges never recruited senior players 21 or older even when they probably should have recruited overagers from the juniors. I believe IRL there would also be different recruiting ages for Div 1 and Div 3 colleges since I'd think not many players want to commit to a Div 3 college as long as they still have a chance to play Div 1.

My suggestion would be that NCAA teams only recruit players born 1994-1997(this summer) and perhaps not let Div 3 colleges recruit the youngest. Then let them sign for ONE 4-year-contract that isn't renewed.

The league structures are likely a database issue. Not sure how feasible it will be to correct until an editor is released, by SI or a third party, that can change the new database format.

Just a follow-up on a related issue - it doesn't appear that players are even signing with NCAA teams at all. Many players are "aiming to play college hockey", but outside of those committed already in the rosters, none of them ever end up going to college (and you get a roster of 30somethings). I don't remember that being an issue in 07.

I've seen players playing in high school until they are 20 or leagues like the opjhl and mjahl for 4 years after their drafts who are 'aiming to play college hockey'. So, something is clearly broken.

I've seen players playing in high school until they are 20 or leagues like the opjhl and mjahl for 4 years after their drafts who are 'aiming to play college hockey'. So, something is clearly broken.

Yeah, what I do is I go and sign these prospects from the NAHL/USHL/BCHL etc. and send them to the CHL teams that have their rights, rather than let them sit in the lower junior leagues. And none of them end up going to college.

• 3 weeks later...

Still nothing new on this in the new update. Seeing depleted college rosters with 30 year olds and talented prospects stuck in crappy junior leagues is getting a bit bothersome, especially considering this wasn't a problem in 07.

Archived