High scoring games

Hello All

Played quite a bit of EHM last couple of days and am really enjoying it so far but am finding that the games are very, very high scoring and some players are collating 50+ points before christmas.

I should add that this was based on a North American game and doesn't reflect the real life scoring of leagues there.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

I have the same feeling playing in the SHL (Swedish Hockey League), although I'm not even half-way through the season. My distinct feeling is that there are a bit too many goals being scored and GAA/Save pctg. for goalies slips a bit too much.

WAYYYY too many goals right now. Playing in the WHL as Portland and averaging 5.31 GF/gm, 4.38 GA/gm. For comparison sake here's my game and actual WHL stats.

In-Game:

GF - Highest: 5.31 GF/gm, Lowest: 3.38 GF/gm, Average: 4.21 GF/gm

GA - Highest: 4.73 GA/gm, Lowest: 3.08 GA/gm, Average: 4.21 GA/gm

Actual WHL:

GF - Highest: 4.72 GF/gm, Lowest: 2.63 GF/gm, Average: 3.31 GF/gm

GA - Highest: 4.28 GA/gm, Lowest: 2.54 GA/gm, Average: 3.31 GA/gm

1.8 more goals per game in my game currently. =/

It's certainly better than it was. In EHM 2007 we had to significantly reduce the Consisteny ratings of forwards in order to reduce their points scoring. However, we are now using the normal full range and getting lower figures than EHM 2007. Definitely a step in the right direction, but I still think it is too high (IIRC from some earlier tests I seem to recall PIM being quite high too).

Archived