How accessable is EHM?

By that I mean for people who perhaps don't have much of a deep knowledge of hockey, or drafts and such.

I watch games on tv few times a week, and used to love NHL 2k7, but I don't really know tactics and stuff.

I tried OOTP once, and was pretty much overwhelmed with it. I'd still love to give this a pop though, if it's reasonably easy to get a grip on.

By that I mean for people who perhaps don't have much of a deep knowledge of hockey, or drafts and such.

I watch games on tv few times a week, and used to love NHL 2k7, but I don't really know tactics and stuff.

I tried OOTP once, and was pretty much overwhelmed with it. I'd still love to give this a pop though, if it's reasonably easy to get a grip on.

There are European leagues on the game too, which follow a more football way of doing business, you trade players and buy players and sign plays with no current contract ect. Scout other teams/leagues/countries. The NHL is the top league and does take some time to get used to if you are totally new to hockey. If you take it slowly the game will teach you what you need to do. Each league has an information page that tells you everything you need to know about the league and it's rules.

I hear you about OOTP. I learn't what baseball is through that game but it took A LOT of time figuring it out, luckily because EHM is based on FM it's easy to get used to just clicking around and reading the info available.

EHM series are very 'novice' friendly. Most things are optional - you can take it over or leave your head coach and other assitants to take care of it (rosters, lines, tactics, training, games and I believe drafts as well).

There are European leagues on the game too, which follow a more football way of doing business, you trade players and buy players and sign plays with no current contract ect. Scout other teams/leagues/countries. The NHL is the top league and does take some time to get used to if you are totally new to hockey. If you take it slowly the game will teach you what you need to do. Each league has an information page that tells you everything you need to know about the league and it's rules.

I hear you about OOTP. I learn't what baseball is through that game but it took A LOT of time figuring it out, luckily because EHM is based on FM it's easy to get used to just clicking around and reading the info available.

I'd definitely want to end up in the NHL, even if it was eventually, perhaps try in Europe first and move on later.

I'd definitely want to end up in the NHL, even if it was eventually, perhaps try in Europe first and move on later.

You can do this, you can start unemployed and work your way up too. As Kozorog mentions you can set what options you control and which your Head coach (manager) controls. If you just want to buy players and set the teams for the games but ignore setting tactics you can do this, or you can do it all.

• Administrators

There are some basic tutorials inside the game to help you along in the first instance, plus it's worth checking out the manual (available through Steam in PDF form) as that'll go into greater depth in many areas, particularly tactics.

Cheers guys, went for it, worst comes to worst(I doubt it) 12 euros isn't much of a gamble.

Good luck! Thanks for supporting EHM (because I love it so much!) and hope you enjoy it. As you can see we are all pretty friendly here so ask away/PM me if you need an help

Good luck! Thanks for supporting EHM (because I love it so much!) and hope you enjoy it. As you can see we are all pretty friendly here so ask away/PM me if you need an help

Thanks! Having a look at it now, and it looks more familiar than OOTP, so I should have less trouble.

A long time ago I wrote an introductory guide to EHM 2005 and then added an addendum to cover EHM 2007. They cover the basics which apply equally as much to EHM:EA. Here are the links:

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=107

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=108

A long time ago I wrote an introductory guide to EHM 2005 and then added an addendum to cover EHM 2007. They cover the basics which apply equally as much to EHM:EA. Here are the links:

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=107

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=108

Thanks for these, very helpful!

Archived