Signing on fees\ Loyalty Fees.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one, for years I have just given what they have wanted or offered amounts without thinking about it, now though I want to be more financial aware and was wondering if anyone uses self made restrictions.

Do you, offer an amount per year of the contract i.e. 50K per year so a 3 year contract would give 150K

Regards,

Blackthorn

I suppose you could always haggle.

I for example always put my foot down on agent/loyalty/signing on fees and have them as a non negotiable £0 unless I absolutely have to and if I have to I always give them less than what they ask for even when it's reasonable.

I've had to walk away from some signings in my Belgium save because when the team was still semi-pro, the board only gave me $32,000 in transfer fees, and a striker's agent was adamant that he receive $50,000 in addition to the player getting another $25,000. And since the player wanted close to $2,000/wk on a salary budget of only $14,000/wk, I walked away and signed an agent-less free transfer that banged in 19 goals and got us promoted.

Loyalty fees are fine to keep a player happy at higher levels, but when I've got kids on my squad who are playing non-contract, I don't feel right in rewarding someone who's already getting a weekly wage plus appearance fees. And I'm not letting an agent eat my entire transfer budge.

Archived