Questions

On fm14 is training youth players the same as it was on 13 meaning if I put them on heavy for a few years, their stats go up or do I have to do it differently and if so how or if there is a thread I should check out?

Check out this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380395-Ajax-When-Real-Life-Meets-Football-Manager-FM14?highlight=ajax

A lot of good information there regarding youth development and training (thanks Cleon).

My question is

A) what do u need to edit the database?

B) can u just add teams to the leagues or are they hard coded as thn u have to replace the team...

C) there a place where I can get jerseys for custom teams as I wanna try putting a Canadian team for fun in the skrill south or north league

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently working on my Guiseley story which i will post in the story section but my question is beginning of February our U21 assistant coach asked us to see if we can upgrade our youth facilities so after i talked to the board, i seen this in the news..

President Phil Rogerson is pleased to announce that plans are in place to improve the clubs youth facilities. This upgrade is expected to cost in the region of 210,000. The construction work will begin at the end of the season and is currently scheduled to be completed by 8/10/2014.

Does this just mean stuff like the weight room and such will be better or our youth scouting is better to find and scout better players?

You have training and youth facilities for your squad. Training facilities are used by your 1st team and reserves. The youth facilities are used by your youth squad. Call it what you will, I see it as the weight room, training pitch, etc. so you're on the right track.

Your youth intake each year is only benefitted by increasing your youth coaching and your recruitment. Youth coaching is your Under-15 and lower programs and how well they're coached. Recruitment covers things like area of control and how in-depth your recruitment base is. Hope that helps.

Yah my U18 coach i def have to fix as he has 6 in attacking, 5 in defense and 1 in goalkeeping, however he is 17 in working with youngsters which is good, Youth Development is 3 in attacking, 5 in defense and 1 in goalkeepers, our U21 assistant is 5 in attacking, 4 in defending and 1 in goalkeeping so got a few staff positions to replace in the off-season.

Just about to finish my regular season... havnt resigned any of my players yet as they are all not that great however i will resign some of the better players out of the group. With all of the other players leaving via free agent or however u call it soccer term how do you go about signing players for next season is there a ufa list or something or we just base it off of the free transfer list?

You can sign anyone without a current contract. There is no such thing as "limited free agent" or something like that in european football. If you want to sign someone on a contract with another club you have to reach an agreement with their current club however.

It is possible to filter out players without contracts using the player search function. You can also see whos contract will expire in 1,3, and 6 months if you want to start planning ahead.

Archived