How many job offers?

I would like to start a new journeyman game unemployed, sunday league rep and work my way up.

I was just wondering though if somebody could tell me what job approaches are like when you are employed and doing well. Do you get many or do you have to apply to the vacant jobs yourself as I find this would take the realism out of the game. I always only sign one year contracts as to keep compensation low.

My save was started unemployed, sunday league rep and have found interview offers coming through semi regularly.

Not so much when my contract had time to run but certainly in the final six months every now and again I get an interview offer.

Moving up is much harder though as offers tend to come from clubs in leagues around a similar rep level, to really improve your rep you need to be in a country with higher leagues that you can get promoted into or something which seemed to work well in previous versions was taking an International job.

Thanks for replying. So what leagues would you suggest I load up?

Really depends on your PC and what you want from the save in terms of countries to manage in.

For me the bigger the gameworld the better and I started this save with every league loaded. For a smaller number of countries I would pick a continent to manage in - Europe, America or Asia.

Presuming you go down the European route I would load something like England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain as a minimum then add say Portugal, Netherlands, Scotland, Belgium, Greece & maybe Russia. After that its a case of how many other countries you want. This should give you a fairly good balance and keep European competitions competitive.

You could even try to regionise it by loading all Western European or Eastern European countries but I would always load the big five as a minimum.

I've been managing Lincoln of Gibraltar for...52 years now. I've won 180 trophies in my time (it sounds impressive, it really isn't in Gibraltar) and have been in the group stages of either the Champions or Europa leagues for the past twenty years every single season. I've reached the semi-final of the Europa League once, the quarters several times, and the first knockout round of the CL twice.

I've had one job offer in that time. For Maidstone United. I sought out the Scotland job and was rejected.

For me, job offers are definitely down on what they used to be. Is this realistic? In my case, I'd be edging towards "yes", as even though I've pretty much won everything for my entire career, am I still "unproven" elsewhere? I would probably say that my European performances should make me more attractive to employers, but *shrug* I'm not too bothered. I can see why it would be annoying in a journeyman save though.

It's all too tightly tied into the rep system IMO. I don't think that's quite correct yet, so other features will suffer.

I always load england down to bss/bsn, scotland down to l2 and then the top leagues from spain, france, germany, italy, holland and portugal. I am tempted to also add english regionals and welsh premier. Will this be good enough?

Archived