FC Ilves - The Lynxes Of Tampere 2

col_nufc1

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.png

FC Ilves

I have tried and failed to get into any save I have started for quite a while on Football Manager 2014, so I thought I would play with FC Ilves, who were my favourite team on Football Manager 2013. Here is the link from last years save FC Ilves - The Lynxes Of Tampere were I adhered to the rules of the Gundo challenge. This time around though I won't be doing that as FC Ilves already start in the Ykkonen (the Finnish second division).

This will be a one club career with the aim of making FC Ilves the best club in Finland, then Europe and World domination hopefully.

I have loaded all five countries from scandinavia with every league playable. I have also loaded all current international players and players from top clubs across the World so this is what I am starting with.

SelectedNations.jpg

SelectedNationsadvancedtomake34000players.jpg

I have set myself as having sunday league footballer repuatation My Profile l My Profile 2

Fc Ilves has won the Veikkausliiga and Ykkonen once in the clubs history but that was a long time ago and the club also won two Suomen cups. So it is a club that has a little bit of history.

Historyoverview.jpg

FC Ilves is a Finnish football club, based in Tampere. The first team of the club currently plays in the Ykkönen, the second highest level of football in Finland.

Ilves won the Finnish league championship in 1983 and the Finnish Cup in 1979 and 1990. In the late-1990s, they suffered financial trouble and did not have a men's team from 1999 to 2000. They have since recovered and were promoted to Ykkönen for the 2013 season (Taken from Wiki link) .

Informationgeneral.jpg

The clubs finances are poor as you would expect from a club that has just been promoted to the Ykkonen and it's been projected the it's only going to get worse for us so we really need to get promoted sharpish.

finances.jpg

800px-Tammela_football_stadium1.jpg

Informationfacilities.jpg

FC Ilves plays it football at the Tammelan Stadium which has a capacity of 5040. The club does not own the stadium and has to pay just over £2500 a year for rent so when we are in a better financial state and in the Veikkausliiga the club really needs to either buy the stadium and expand it or buy a new stadium in the future.

This is the squad of players that I have at my disposal.

Squad.jpg

2ndteam.jpg

U19Squad.jpg

Tomi Petrescu is the best player at the club by far and he really should be playing his football in the Veikkausliiga but hopefully he will be with us in the not to distant future.

TomiPetrescubestplayeraccordingtoassistant.jpg

The board expect us to win the Ykkonen and the Suomen cup this season so no presurre eh :eek:.

Best of luck in Finland. I've had lots of fun in Norway in my current save, and Denmark in the past too, but never quite got to Finland. I'll be following :thup:

Cheers mate :), I really enjoyed my save last year with Ilves and I love how Finland classes pretty much every country as EU apart from the South American countries.

Cheers mate :), I really enjoyed my save last year with Ilves and I love how Finland classes pretty much every country as EU apart from the South American countries.

Yeah, I have noticed that about the league when I've been contemplating moves. Personally I prefer having a restriction on foreign players (which means I have to identify younger talent from overseas, or buy home grown) but I can see the attraction the other way, too.

Yeah, I have noticed that about the league when I've been contemplating moves. Personally I prefer having a restriction on foreign players (which means I have to identify younger talent from overseas, or buy home grown) but I can see the attraction the other way, too.

In a ideal world I would love to bring in young talent but at the moment while our club and league reputation is so low then there is no chance signing any good youngsters :(. I would also imagine that the youth intake will be poor until we can upgrade our facilities which will take some time.

In a ideal world I would love to bring in young talent but at the moment while our club and league reputation is so low then there is no chance signing any good youngsters :(. I would also imagine that the youth intake will be poor until we can upgrade our facilities which will take some time.

Get that scouting net cast far and wide, fella.

Transfers in Pre season 2014.

Transfersinpreseasonstartofseasonone.jpg

We brung in seven players mainly to add a bit depth to the first team squad although I expect the likes of Eetu Kaipio, Daniel Caumo and Abderaouf Zarabi to be important players for the club this season.

EetuKaipiostartofseasonone.jpg

AndreasStrandvallstartofseasonone.jpg

DanielCaumostartofseasonone.jpg

AbderaoufZarabistartofseasonone.jpg

JanAhlvikstartofseasonone.jpg

LucasMondinostartofseasonone.jpg

KonstaRasimusstartofseasonone.jpg

February - April 2014.

ResultsFebruary-Aprilinseasonone.jpg

YkkonentableinAprilinseasonone.jpg

A perfect start for us after two games in the Ykkönen we have won both games. I am still not happy with how we are playing at the moment and thats probably because I still haven't decided on a formation that I am happy with.

Amongst our friendly games we also played four games in the Suomen cup in which I fielded a mixture of first team players and back up players apart from the game against Jaro who play in the Veikkausliiga, so I played our strongest possible side against them.

May 2014.

ResultsinMayinseasonone.jpg

YkkonentableinMayinseasonone.jpg

After a poor start to the month with a defeat away to FC Jazz, we then were unlucky only to draw with local rivals FC Haka at the Tammelan Stadium after dominating the game. We then finished May off with three wins on the bounce to send us to the top the Ykkönen.

In the Suomen cup we knocked out another side from the Veikkausliiga, after we beat FC Lahti in the quarter final, with our best player Tomi Petrescu getting the only goal of the game. In the semi final we have been drawn against IFK Mariehamn, so it will be another tough game for us but one that I think we could win if we play as well as we can.

June 2014.

ResultsinJuneinseasonone.jpg

YkkonentableinJuneinseasonone.jpg

I am becoming increasingly concerned about our defending in games and if it continues then it will start to cost us points because we can't keep on relying on our attacking players to get us out of trouble in games.

The board are starting to do my head in now, anything I ask for is always getting rejected. I am expected to win the Ykkönen and the Suomen cup, yet they won't back me, it's so frustrating.

July 2014.

ResultsinJulyinseasonone.jpg

YkkonentableinJulyinseasonone.jpg

My patience with our defensive aspect of our game is starting to make me pull my hair out, I have tried numerous combinations from player roles to changing the formation again. I think the problem has to be the defensive players aren't good enough especially the wing backs and it something that will have to be addressed next season, if we get promoted or not.

With ten games to go in the Ykkönen we are top of the table but only just, with our local rivals FC Haka and PK-35 only one point behind us. It should be a great finish to the season with only the champions getting promoted to the Veikkausliiga.

Guest El Payaso

Wow this is nice: a career update about Finnish team that is my second favourite in the country (I support my local team but Ilves always there as number two). Results are also excellent so far.

Enjoyed last years thread. I recall on that the big problem you had getting players through your own youth system even after upgrades so will be interesting to see if it improves this year for you.

Cheers mate. Hopefully that's something that has been addressed on this version of FM because that was really the only downside from last years save from what I can remember. The board on this save have got no intention of upgrading any of the facilities so I hope to god that changes as soon as our finances improve.

Wow this is nice: a career update about Finnish team that is my second favourite in the country (I support my local team but Ilves always there as number two). Results are also excellent so far.

Ever since my save with Ilves last year, I have been checking on them in real life and have a soft spot for them now, all because of playing as them on Football Manager :cool::brock:

August 2014.

ResultsinAugustinseasonone.jpg

YkkonentableinAugustinseasonone.jpg

With five games still to play in the Ykkönen we have increased our lead at the top of the table by three points. Our defensive woes so no sign of stopping but at least we are scoring a lot of goals at the other end of the pitch.

The board will be happy as we are now just one game away from winning the Suomen cup after beating another Veikkausliiga side in the semi final. Two goals from Andreas Strandvall were enough to secure the win against a very good IFK Mariehamn.

Youth Intake 2014.

YouthIntakeinSeptemberinseasonone.jpg

I was quite surprised with our youth intake this year considering how bad the facilities and youth recruitment are at the club. The two standout players are Tomi Heinonen and Tommi Puustinen with both of them having the potential to become star players in the Veikkausliiga. Most of the other players will be kept on youth contracts unless they impress me and then they will be rewarded with a contract at the club.

TomiHeinonenYouthCandidateseasonone.jpg

TommiPuustinenYouthCandidateseasonone.jpg

September - October 2014.

ResultsinSeptember-Octoberinseasonone.jpg

We end the season off in fantastic fashion winning all our remaining games in the Ykkönen.

We also beat VPS in the Suomen cup final.

I'll do a season review either later tonight or tomorrow night.

Season 2014 Review.

We met the boards expectations by doing the double in my first season in charge at Ilves.

When you look at the Ykkönen it looks like we won the league quite easily but that was far from the truth and it's only in these last couple of months that we put a bit of a gap between ourselves and local rivals FC Haka.

Ykkönen.

Ykkonentableendofseasonone.jpg

Ykkönen Player Stats.

Ykkonenplayerstatsendofseasonone.jpg

In The Cups.

Suomen cup final : FC Ilves 3-1 VPS.

The Squad.

Squadendofseasonone-1.jpg

Star Player.

Tomi Petrescu was our best player by absolute miles, both on paper and on the pitch. He scored ten goals and created nineteen goals for his team mates mainly from the right wing.

TomiPetrescuendofseasonone.jpg

The Future.

A lot of players that are either back up players or reserve team players will be leaving the club because I am not going to renew there contracts as they won't be anywhere near good enough for next seasons assault on the Veikkausliiga.

I am going to have to scour the globe for free agents as we can still only scout in finland. I will have to offer a shed load of players trials so I can see how they compare to the rest of the players in the squad. We need wingbacks, central defenders and defensive midfielders because I am going to be using the 3-6-1 formation I used towards the end of this season for next season.

IlvessetrecordfornumberofpointsinYkkoneninseasonone.jpg

Iamnamedmanageroftheyearinseasonone.jpg

Fourplayersnamedinteamoftheyearinseasonone.jpg

We have set the record for the number of points gained in the Ykkönen and I have been awarded the manager of the year award :).

Four of our players have been named in the team of the year, nothing strange about that for a team that has won the league you would think but surprisingly it's the goalkeeper and three defenders that have been named. I am a bit shocked because I thought we were very poor defensively this year :confused:.

IlvesturnprofessionalinJanuary2015.jpg

This is great news :), it means I can offer players full time contracts instead of part time and non contracts. It also means players will spend more time at the training ground which should help them develop better.

Season Expectations for 2015.

SeasonexpectationsinJanuary2015.jpg

I have to say I am very disappointed with the board's budgets. Nonetheless I have selected a top half finish for the extra £500 but it's going to be a tough ask.

Board Expectations:

Veikkausliiga: Respectable league position.

Veikkausliiga Liigacup: Not important.

Suomen Cup: minimum expectation is that the team are competitive.

My Expectations:

Veikkausliiga: Depending on what players are available to sign I would like to think we could finish in the top six (out of 12).

Veikkausliiga Liigacup: I will be using this to check out some players that I will bring in on trial as well as other new signings, so it's going to be used as friendlies.

Suomen Cup: I would like the team to get as far as possible but obviously the priority is to do well in the Veikkausliiga first and foremost.

Transfers so far.

TransfersattheendofFebruary2015.jpg

So far we have managed to sign these players, all of them were free agents and are big upgrades in terms of quality.

As you can see a lot of players left the club so we still need to sign a canny few more players just to make up the numbers. We have a quite a few players in on trial and some have impressed me so if we can agree terms then they will become Ilves players in the near future.

MikaelForssellatthestartofseasontwo.jpg

JanneSakselaatthestartofseasontwo.jpg

ToniLindbergatthestartofseasontwo.jpg

JesseOumlstatthestartofseasontwo.jpg

DenisAbdulahiatthestartofseasontwo.jpg

SamuNieminenatthestartofseasontwo.jpg

JoslashrnHagenatthestartofseasontwo.jpg

ZhaoJunzheatthestartofseasontwo.jpg

January - February 2015.

ResultsinJanuary-February2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupendofFebruary2015.jpg

The new signings have settled in well and along with the players on trial and we have qualified from the group stage of the Veikkausliiga Liigacup with one game to spare.

March 2015.

We have signed two more players that were free agents which add some more depth and quality to the side.

JonMasalininMarch2015.jpg

PyryKaumlrkkaumlineninMarch2015.jpg

ResultsinMarch2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupendofMarch2015.jpg

After winning our group in the Veikkausliiga Liigacup, we were drawn to play against FC Inter who finished 3rd in there group. I thought it would be a easy game but I was very wrong and we go out of the competition at the quarter final stage after losing on penalties.

Great to see you're back with FC Ilves \o/ Really enjoyed your FM13 save with them.

Congrats on winning the title last season. Good luck in Veikkausliiga.

Thanks for your kind words mate :)

I hope this years save with FC Ilves can be just as good as last years if not even better.

More Players Arrive.

We have signed some more free agents that should now complete the squad for this year unless we get a load of injuries and suspensions.

I am really looking forward to seeing what our new Romanian centre forward Cristian Dănălache can do in the Veikkausliiga this season. He looks like he will be a star player for us, lets hope he bangs in the goals.

PetteriNiemiinApril2015.jpg

CristianDatildenatildelacheinApril2015.jpg

MikaVaumlyryneninApril2015.jpg

ZatKnightinApril2015.jpg

DuduinApril2015.jpg

NiklasFriberginApril2015.jpg

AyoSakainApril2015.jpg

ResultsinApril2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofApril2015.jpg

A great start to life in the Veikkausliiga for us as we win two and draw one from our first three games. It's been a great start for Cristian Dănălache as well as he has scored four goals in his first three games for the club.

I was disappointed that we go out of the Suomen cup so early because I wanted us to defend the trophy we won last year, but it wasn't to be and VPS deservedly go through after I watched our worse performance since I have been in charge at Ilves.

May 2015.

ResultsinMay2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofMay2015.jpg

We lost our first two games in the Veikkausliiga in May and we put in another pathetic performance against VPS, who look like there going to be our

bogey team this season. The form picked up again towards the end of the month though and I am very happy with 3rd place in the Veikkausliiga after 10 games in our first season in it.

June 2015.

ResultsinJune2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofJune2015.jpg

June was a mixed month for us really but for the third time this season we couldn't beat VPS but I suppose at least we didn't lose against them this time. We have already developed a bit of a gap points wise between us and VPS in sixth place (my prediction at the start of season).

July 2015.

ResultsinJuly2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofJuly2015.jpg

A great month for us in the Veikkausliiga as we go unbeaten in July to climb to the top of the table. I don't think we'll stay there for to long but it'll be nice for as long as it lasts.

I forgot that we were in the Europa League this season after winning last years Suomen cup. We got Hungarian side Debrecen in the 2nd quailifying round and after beating them comfortably at homme in the first leg we had to settle for a hard fought draw in the away leg. We then got drawn against Norwegians Brann in the 3rd qualifying round and we got three massive away goals in a good win for us.

Archived