FC Ilves - The Lynxes Of Tampere 2

col_nufc1

I agree, mixed month for you. Do you get a place in Europe competitions (CL or EL) if you finish in top 3 or 4?

The winners qualify for the Champions League

Team placed 2-4 qualify for the Europa League (depending on the winner of the Suomen cup)

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.png

August 2015.

ResultsinAugust2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofAugust2015.jpg

We have had another super month in the Veikkausliiga and we only lost once this month, albeit it was against MYPA who were bottom when we played them. It looks like we are going to be apart of the race for the title this season as we are still top but just two points seperate the top three teams, it's going to be a close finish with eight games left to play.

After beating Brann again in the second leg we got drawn against APOEL of Cyprus in the Europa League playoffs and we beat them in both games to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League.

We have been given a tough group and I don't think anyone expects us to finish anything but bottom of the group and I would probably agree with that even though we will give it our best shot.

EuropaLeaguegroupBinAugust2015.jpg

September 2015.

ResultsinSeptember2015.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofSeptember2015.jpg

With four games left to play in the Veikkausliiga we are still at the top of the table. Three points are still the difference between the top three teams but we have one game inhand due to our exploits in the Europa League.

We have shocked the football world by beating former European cup winners Hamburg 1-0. It should of been by a bigger margain on the day as we were well worth the 1-0 win with our star striker Cristian Dănălache scoring the only goal of the game.

October 2015.

ResultsinOctober2015.jpg

EuropaLeaguegroupBinOctober2015.jpg

That's the Veikkausliiga finished now and I'll do a season review later tonight or tomorrow night. I'll leave you all guessing at were we finished in the league until I post the season review.

In the Europa League we have had another two fantastic performances with a win in Belgium against Genk and a superb draw with our backs against the wall in Russia against Zenit. I am shocked at how well the players have taken to life in the Europa League and let's hope it continues as it looks like we have a very good chance of qualify from our group now. We have three more games to play in November and December and then we'll see what happens.

November - December 2015.

ResultsinNovember-December2015.jpg

EuropaLeaguegroupBinDecember2015.jpg

We finish the season off with one win and two defeats in our Europa League group. We have qualified for the knockout rounds after finishing 2nd, I hope we get one of the smaller sides in the knockout rounds because I can see a good hiding coming our way if we have to play one of the big boys.

Season 2015 Review.

In our first season in the Veikkausliiga we finished as champions in a close fought title race between three clubs. HJK and Honka both put up a good fight be we were lucky enough to claim the title in our first year back.

I was disappointed at how poorly we did in both domestic cup competitions but I am delighted by our performances and results in the Europa League. Whatever happens now, we have overachieved for a small Finnish club.

Veikkausliiga

VeikkausliigaendofSeason2015.jpg

Veikkausliiga Player Stats

VeikkausliigaplayerstatsendofSeason2015.jpg

In The Cups

Suomen cup 7th round : VPS 1-0 Ilves

Veikkausliiga Liigacup quarter final : Ilves 1-1 FC Inter (Ilves lose 4-2 on penalties)

After finishing second in our Europa League group we have be drawn against FC Basel in the first knockout round. It'll be a hard game but I am glad we didn't get a bigger team to save us from a hammering.

The Squad

Squadendofseason2015.jpg

Star Player

Cristian Dănălache had a great first season at Ilves, he scored 22 goals and made 14 assists in 44 games. He is starting to decline now attributes wise so I hope we can get another season or two out of him.

CristianDatildenatildelacheendofseason2015.jpg

The Future

Quite a few players has left the club either after there contracts have ran out or retired so we will have to replace them. We need two left wingbacks, a couple of central defenders and a few defensive midfielders and possibly another top striker as Cristian Dănălache will need more rest after games now.

I think the club also has to look into either buying the stadium in order to expand it or look at building a new stadium because we need get more bums on seats to give us more income. The prize money from the domestic competitions is poor so we need to look at other ways to make cash.

Season Expectations for 2016.

SeasonexpectationsinJanuary2016.jpg

The wage budget has been increased quite a bit but the transfer budget is poor, so it looks like I'll have to sign more free agents this year.

Board Expectations:

Veikkausliiga: Challenge for the title.

Veikkausliiga Liigacup: Not important.

Suomen Cup: Minimum expectation is that the team are competitive.

My Expectations:

Veikkausliiga: I would like us to win it again but as long as we are in the title race then I'll be happy.

Veikkausliiga Liigacup: I'll be using it to look at players on trial and basicially as a friendly competition.

Suomen Cup: I want a much better showing in this than last season, if we can make the semi final then I'll be happy.

Congrats on the title :cool: That's weird looking formation but hey it's working for you :D

Cheers mate. I wanted to play with three at the back and it was a toss up between the 3-6-1 that I am using or the 3-2-3-2 but I haven't got anybody good enough to play as a Libero so I chose the 3-6-1.

January - February 2016.

ResultsinJanuary-February2016.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupendofFebruary2016.jpg

We have qualified from the group stages of the Veikkausliiga Liigacup with a game to spare. I managed to sign Vágner Love on trial and in his only game for the club he scored five goals :eek::cool:. Unfortunately he wouldn't sign a contract with us (I'm surprised he came on trial) and signed for Brazilian side Sport C Recife after the FC Lahti game :(.

Our European adventure continues after we beat Swiss side FC Basel on the away goals rule after two draws between the sides. We will play AS Roma in the 2nd knockout round so that is were this fairy tale adventure will stop for us.

March 2016.

ResultsinMarch2016.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupendofMarch2016.jpg

We have lost the Veikkausliiga Liigacup final on penalties after dominating the game to the point that FC Honka could only muster two shots all game, oh well theres always next year.

As expected our run in the Europa League is now over, we put up a brave fight but in the end Roma's quality was too much for us. Reaching the 2nd knockout round was a massive achievement for us though and hopefully it will help Finland climb the rankings a little bit.

April 2016.

ResultsinApril2016.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofApril2016.jpg

Teams are starting to park the bus against us now and hoping to take a goalless draw, most teams aren't even having any shots at our goal and quite frankly I feel a little bit embarrassed for them. That being said after our first four games in the Veikkausliiga we have picked up four points and kept a clean sheet in every game, the downside is we have only scored five goals in four games.

We are through to the next round of the Suomen cup after beating HJK on penalties after they tried to park the bus, which worked over 90 minutes but we won the resultant penalty shootout (I think it's the first one we've won since I've been in charge at Ilves).

MiquelNelominApril2016.jpg

We have signed Miguel Nelom who was a free agent and has been on trial with us for a while. He gives us good competition down the left flank now with him and Abel Tamata fighting it out for the left wingback slot.

May - June 2016.

ResultsinMay-June2016.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofJune2016.jpg

We look like we are going to walk away with the Veikkausliiga title, after 15 games we are top of the table and ten points clear. Our defence continues to be untested in the vast majority of games but our attack could do better, especially in games were teams are parking the bus against us.

We are out of the Suomen cup early again this season after losing on penalties to IFK Mariehamn. Nothing unusual about that you say until you see what the score on penalties was, we lost 23-22 and thats the highest penalty shootout that I've ever seen.

TimVaumlyryneninJuly2016.jpg

We have signed Tim Väyrynen on a Bosman free transfer after his contract at Borussia Dortmund expired. He was the top goalscorer in the Veikkausliiga last season when he was on loan to FC Honka.

I am going to have to change my formation from a 3-6-1 to a 3-5-2 so I can accommodate both Tim Väyrynen and Cristian Dănălache in the same team and hopefully they can form a lethal striker partnership for us.

July 2016.

ResultsinJuly2016.jpg

VeikkausliigaendofJuly2016.jpg

As I had hoped Tim Väyrynen and Cristian Dănălache have formed a amazing partnership upfront for us and in there first month together they have scored an amazing 20 goals :cool:.

We have increased our lead at the top of the Veikkausliiga now to 14 points but we also have two games in hand over IFK Mariehamn who are 2nd in the league. I seriously doubt now that anybody can catch us unless we suffer a almighty **** up. I think the challenge for us now is to go after the record number of points in the Veikkausliiga which currently stands at 81 points by HJK in 2011. We could also try for the record for most team goals in the Veikkausliiga but that is 86 goals again from HJK in 2011 but with only 39 goals and only 13 games to play I don't think we'll get near it.

We beat Estonians Flora in the Champions League 2nd qualifying round to set up a match with Georgians Dinamo Tbilisi in the 3rd qualifying round. In one of the most entertaining games I have ever watched on Football Manager we beat them 7-2. I think with seven away goals I can rest a lot of players in the 2nd leg and still go through comfortably.

Archived