Red Star - Resurrecting a fallen giant

Simke

The Eternal Derby

Eternal%20Derby.JPG

Red Star 0 - Partizan 1

My first loss against Partizan. Very physical game, as can be expected, with 7 yellow cards handed out altogether.

Napredak 0 - Red Star 1

Onyilo’s late goal gives us the victory.

OFK Beograd 0 - Red Star 4

Great win, which means we’ve won the league with 5 games to go! Our third consecutive league title.

Red Star 0 - Cukaricki 0

Decent result, as most of the first team was being rested for the cup final game.

Spartak 0 - Red Star 3 (Serbian Cup final)

Two goals from Onyilo and one from Araujo give us the victory in cup final. Another domestic double! Fantastic result, although it does look like we are getting used to this:)

Serbian%20Cup.png

Double.png

Red Star 1 - Radnicki 2

Slightly disappointed, but few of the 2nd team players got their chance, so not a bad result after all.

Javor 1 - Red Star 8

Superb victory, the result says it all.

Metalac 0 - Red Star 1

Onyilo’s injury time goal gives us 3 points.

Red Star 1 - Radnicki 1923 0

Last game of the season.

This concludes another great season, which saw us do the double 3 times in a row.

End%20of%20season%20league%20standings.png

End%20of%20season.png

Season 2016-17

New kit sponsorship deal has been announced, worth 1.4m per season.

Initial budgets have been set by the board, with 225k p/w for wages and 9.5m for transfers.

Onyilo has won Top Goalscorer award, with 29 domestic goals scored.

Transfers

Out:

Marko Trkulja (reserve team) to Borac for 60k + 10% of next sale.

Nenad Milijas to Feyenoord for 325k - At 33 he is getting old and this was a good offer.

Boban Bajkovic - Contract has expired and I decided not to renew it.

In:

Lucas from Corinthians for 6m

Lucas.png

Serbia has gained extra Champions League place.

Champions%20League%20places.png

Red Star has moved to 63 place on rich list. Loan debt is down to 14.75m, and club value is up to 50m

Rich%20List.png

CL%202nd%20qualy%20round.png

Transfers

Out:

Filip Kasalica to Real Sociedad for 1.1m

Milos Ninkovic to Real Betis for 1m

Stevan Lukovic (reserve team) to Jagodina for 35k + 45% of next sale

Piast 0 - Red Star 6 (Friendly)

Red Star 3 - Stade Rennais FC 0 (Friendly)

Champions%20League%20Logo.png

Red Star 6 - Dinamo Tbilisi 0 (Champions League 2nd qualifying round 1st leg)

We finished the job in first half, where we were up 5-0 at the end of it.

Dinamo Tbilisi 0 - Red Star 4 (Champions League 2nd qualifying round 2nd leg)

10-0 on aggregate says it all.

CL%203rd%20qualy%20round.png

Impressive stuff!

Thank you:) As I said at the beginning, dominating domestic league was never going to be the problem. But if I'm to win CL, there is still a long way to go. Money is still an issue, and although I have been getting 10m or so in transfer budget for the last couple of seasons, that is really nowhere near enough to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern, and such.

Entertaining read! Keep up the good work, like to see how Lucas will do in your team :)

Thanks:) I'm curious too, although it will probably be a couple of seasons before he becomes a regular 1st team player. But he does look very promising:)

Red Star 7 - FK Zeljeznicar 0

Our old competitor from the days of Yugoslav First League was no match for us in this game. Superb result.

FK Zeljeznicar 2 - Red Star 4

We were up 4-0 at half time, and then played most of the second half with 10 men, after Tosic got his second yellow card of the match.

CL%20playoff%20draw.png

Araujo has taken up Serbian citizenship, which means that we won’t count towards foreign player quota anymore.

Mladost 0 - Red Star 4

Good start to the domestic season, and a result which puts us right up in 1st place.

Red Star 3 - Donji Srem 1

Two goals from Onyilo and one from Zdjelar give us the victory.

Red Star 1 - Ludogorets 0

Despite our possession, we fell into too many offside traps - you can say their defence did the job very well in that respect.

Ludogorets 2 - Red Star 2

Nothing to write home about, but a win on aggregate means we’ve qualified for Champions League group stage third year in a row.

We’ve been drawn in Group H, with Man Utd, FC Porto and CSKA Moscow. A though group, certainly harder than in previous 2 years.

Group%20H.png

OFK Beograd 1 - Red Star 3

Solid win which keeps us in 1st place. Lucas made his first appearance for the club.

Been a very good career so far, well done.

You seem to have the domestic side of things well under control & regular appearances in the CL group stage will only improve that.

Watch out for Serbia joining the EU, happened on a save I had back on FM10 (I think) some time around 2018. This lifted some restrictions on foreign players eg allowed to sign all EU players. Not sure what the current restrictions are & if they're coded to join the EU, but it's something to keep an eye on which may well aid your future progress.

Been a very good career so far, well done.

You seem to have the domestic side of things well under control & regular appearances in the CL group stage will only improve that.

Watch out for Serbia joining the EU, happened on a save I had back on FM10 (I think) some time around 2018. This lifted some restrictions on foreign players eg allowed to sign all EU players. Not sure what the current restrictions are & if they're coded to join the EU, but it's something to keep an eye on which may well aid your future progress.

Thanks:) Yep I had Serbia joining the EU in FM13 as well, so couple more years and it should happen in this save I hope. Although the plan for now is to use mostly domestic talent, but it should come in handy later on when I hopefully have a bit more money to spend on buying players from some of the top clubs. For now Lucas is the only foreign citizen in the squad, as all others have taken Serbian citizenship.

Red Star 1 - Jagodina 0

An average game, but 3 points is all it matters. We are now 2nd in domestic league, tied on 12 points with 1st placed Rad, who now have a better goal difference.

Transfers

Out:

Marko Marinkovic (reserve team) to Jedinstvo Putevi for 65k + 35% of next sale.

Red Star 2 - Cukaricki 0

Onyilo scores 2 goals for victory which puts us back into first place.

Serbian Cup 1st round draws us against FK Jedinstvo Putevi.

Red Star 2 - FC Porto 1

Superb performance from everyone, with Onyilo adding another 2 goals to his tally. He scored in 51st minute, Jackson Martinez equalised in 61st, and then Onyilo added his second in 71st.

Indjija 1 - Red Star 3

Another two goals from Onyilo and one from Pavlovski give us the victory.

Red Star 2 - FK Jedinstvo Putevi 0 (Serbian Cup 1st round)

I was expecting a better result against lower league team, and we only managed to score the second goal in 90th minute. Still, we are through to the next round.

Radnicki 0 - Red Star 1

Goal from Mladenovic in 19th minute give us 3 points from this fixture.

CSKA Moscow 1 - Red Star 1

Good result in the away game, which puts is in 2nd place in group H, 2 points behind Man Utd. Darko Lazovic picked up an injury which will see him out for about 10 days.

Serbian Cup 2nd round draw puts us against Donji Srem.

Borac 1 - Red Star 2

Onyilo and Pavlovski score to give us the victory.

The Eternal Derby

Eternal%20Derby.JPG

Red Star 1 - Partizan 1

Home game which we should have won, but still happy with a draw. Partizan took the lead in 5th minute, and Onyilo scored in 71st to give us a draw.

Man Utd 4 - Red Star 0

Although I wasn’t expecting a win against Man Utd, I was hoping for a smaller goal difference. We are still second in our group, as CSKA and FCP drew in their match.

Red Star 4 - Vojvodina 3

Decent result, although I’m getting a bit concerned about our defence.

Red Star 3 - Donji Srem 1 (Serbian Cup 2nd round)

Good win which puts us through to quarter final.

Jedinstvo Putevi 1 - Red Star 3

Goals from Zdjelar, Onyilo and Pavlovski seal the win for us.

Red Star 0 Man Utd 2

At least we managed to keep the result respectable this time.

Serbian Cup Quarter final draw sees us take on Partizan.

Metalac 1 - Red Star 3

Lucas scored his first goal for the club, and Lazovic added another two to give us the victory.

Red Star 2 - Napredak 0

Own goal from Napredak and one from Onylo give us 3 points.

FC Porto 2 - Red Star 2

Good result in away game, with Lazovic scoring both goals for us. We are still second in the group - Man Utd has 12 points, and us, FCP and CSKA have 5 points each. I’m hoping that Man Utd will beat FCP in the next game, which will guarantee us at least competing in Europa league after winter break.

Rad 0 - Red Star 2

Good away win. Goals from Zdjelar and Lazovic give us the victory. Rad are still first, we are tied on points, but we have an extra game in hand.

Red Star 0 - CSKA Moscow 2

I thought that we should be able to get at least a draw, but CSKA was too good for us in this game. We’ve finished 3rd in the group, so Europa League it is for us after the winter break.

Group%20H%20final%20standings.png

Due to improvement in club’s finances, I’ve been given extra 10m in transfer funds. This will come in handy for the winter transfer season.

Red Star 2 - Spartak 0

A win here puts is into 1st place in league standings.

The Eternal Derby - Serbian Cup quarter final

Eternal%20Derby.JPG

Red Star 3 - Partizan 0 (Serbian Cup quarter final)

Great win over our rivals, and a good way to bounce back from being knocked out of the Champions League.

This brings us to the end of first half of the season. I’m satisfied with the season so far. 1st in domestic league, although by only 3 points - 2nd placed Rad have really done well this season so far. We are through to the Serbian Cup semi final. Champions League group stage wasn’t great, but it was a though group and I wasn’t expecting any miracles. At least we finished 3rd, so we are still going to be competing in Europe after the winter break.

Half%20season.png

Serbian Cup semi final draws us against Radnicki.

Training facilities upgrade has been finished, and they are now rated Excellent. I have asked for yet another improvement, and the board has agreed. Upgrade will be completed in 11 months, and will cost 4.6m.

Europa League 1st knockout round draw puts us against Dynamo Kyev.

Europa%20League%20knocout%20rounds%20draw.png

Winter transfers have started. There are a few strikers on my short list that I’m interested in signing, and whilst I do have money for the transfer fees, they keep rejecting my contract offer, saying that they don’t think the club is good enough for them.

Pogon 2 - Red Star 0 (Friendly)

Red Star 2 - Spartak Moscow 2 (Friendly)

Novi Pazar 2 - Red Star 4 (Friendly)

Europa%20League%20Logo.png

Red Star 3 - Dynamo Kyiv 1 (Europa League 1st knockout round 1st leg)

Great home result, and we were a bit unlucky to concede a goal in injury time. Marko Pavlovski was the man of the match, with a score of 9.

Dynamo Kyiv 1 - Red Star 2 (Europa League 1st knockout round 2nd leg)

Zdjelar and Onyilo scored in 90th and 91st minute to give us the victory in 2nd leg. 2nd round will see us take on Schalke.

Donji Srem 1 - Red Star 7

Great start to the second half of domestic season. Onyilo scored a hat trick, and Lazic, Zdjelar, Lazovic and Pavlovski scored a goal each.

After the performance in last game, 10 of my players were selected for the team of the round…not too bad:)

Team%20of%20the%20round.png

Schalke 1 - Red Star 0 (Europa League 2nd knockout round 1st leg)

Not a bad result, we are still in the tie.

Red Star 3 - Schalke 0 (Europa League 2nd knockout round 2nd leg)

Superb victory, with Onyilo, Araujo and Pavlovski scoring goals to secure the win. We are through to the quarter final.

Red Star 4 - OFK Beograd 1

Great result, although we again conceded in injury time.

Jagodina 2 - Red Star 4

Own goal from Jagodina helped us to get 3 points.

Red Star 3 - Mladost 0

One goal each from Onyilo and Pavlovski and an own goal from Mladost give us the victory.

Europa League quarter final draw puts us against Tottenham.

EL%20quarter%20final%20draw.png

Red Star 5 - Indjija 1

Great win, especially considering a few players were absent due to international fixtures.

Tottenham 2 - Red Star 2 (Europa League quarter final 1st leg)

Good result, which gives us away goal advantage at the moment. We didn’t start well, and Tottenham was up 2-0 after 8 minutes, but Onyilo scored 2 goals in second half to get us a draw.

Red Star 1 - Tottenham 1 (Europa League quarter final 2nd leg)

Good result which puts us through to the semi final on away goals. Onyilo scored in 1st minute, which allowed us to concentrate on defence. Napoli is waiting for us in the semi final. Darko Lazic will miss the 1st leg, due to one match ban after collecting 3 yellow cards.

Red Star 4 - Radnicki 3

Own goal from Radnicki helped us get the victory.

The Eternal Derby

Eternal%20Derby.JPG

Partizan 2 - Red Star 2

Happy with a point in an away derby game. We were 2-0 down, but managed to pull ourselves level.

Red Star 4 - Radnicki 1 (Serbian Cup semi final 1st leg)

Good result, which puts us into the driving seat for the second leg.

Red Star 3 - Borac 1

Good victory, which puts us 11 points clear in first place, with a game in hand.

Napoli 1 - Red Star 3 (Europa League semi final 1st leg)

Superb hat trick from Onyilo gives us the away win.

Red Star 4 - Napoli 3 (Europa League semi final 2nd leg)

Great match, and a superb win on aggregate. Everton is waiting for us in the final. Pavlovski has picked up a minor injury, which will see him out for 3-4 days.

Radnicki 2 - Red Star 2 (Serbian Cup semi final 2nd leg)

Decent result which gives us win on aggregate. Pavlovski scored both goals for us. Teleoptik is waiting for us in the final. They are a lower league team, so I’m expecting an easy game.

Vojvodina 0 - Red Star 1

Decent result against 3rd placed team. Onyilo scored our only goal.

Teleoptik 1 - Red Star 5 (Serbian Cup final)

Our 4th Cup win in a row. Good result, but we were the favourites against lower league team anyway.

Serbian%20Cup%20final%20result.png

Red Star 2 - Jedinstvo Putevi 0

A victory here means that we’ve taken another domestic title, with 5 games to go. Great result!

SuperLiga%20title.png

The big day is here, Europa League final against Everton. Making it this far is a success in itself, and if we manage to win it will be an important milestone in my goal to conquer Europe!

RS%202nd%20EL%20final.png

Red Star 1 - Everton 0

We've done it! My first European trophy, courtesy of getting knocked out of Champions League:) Great result, and a great way to finish off the season!

EL%20trophy.png

Treble.png

Red Star 2 - Metalac 0

Goals fron Onyilo and Lazovic seal the victory for us. Pavlovski picked up another light injury, which will put him out of action for a week.

Spartak 0 - Red Star 2

Good win with most of 1st team players being rested.

FK Napredak 1 - Red Star 4

Great win with our young and upcoming players showing what they can do.

Cukaricki 3 - Red Star 6

Another great result in a match featuring our young players.

Red Star 0 - Rad 0

Decent result against second placed team. Rad have done exceptionally well this season, and as a result of finishing second, they will be competing in Champions League qualifying stages.

And this concludes our most successful season so far - we've done the treble, winning the league, domestic cup and Europa League. This result will be very hard to beat next season.

Final%20league%20standings.png

End%20of%20season%20confidence.png

Squad%20end%20of%20season.png

Season 2017 - 2018

We’ve got new 4 year sponsorship deal worth 9m per season.

The board had set initial budgets at 250k per week for wages and 20.5m for transfers.

Club’s value has gone up to 74m, with loan debt reduced to 13.75m.

I have been listed as one of clubs icons - very nice achievement:)

Club%20overview%20start%20of%20season.png

Merchandise%20sales.png

Coefficients.png

Red%20Star%20-%20Bayern%20link.png

We’ve risen to 46th place on rich list (up from 63rd)

Transfers

Out:

Nikola Stojkovic to Radnicki 1923 for 100k

Branko Jovanovic (reserve team) to BSK Borca for 20k + 25% of next sale

Litex 0 - Red Star 1 (Champions League 3rd qualifying round 1st leg)

A disappointing game, we were lucky that they scored an own goal. I’m hoping that this drop of form is temporary, due to this being first game of the season.

Red Star 2 - Litex 0 (Champions League 3rd qualifying round 2nd leg)

A bit better than last game, but Im still not 100% happy with the performance. Bira scored his first goal for the club.

Champions League play off draw puts us against HJK.

Red Star 4 0 Jedinstvo Putevi 1

Bira scores another goal. Looks like he’s going to be good signing.

OFK Beograd 0 - Red Star 2

Lazovic and Zdjelar score to give us the victory.

HJK 0 - Red Star 2 (Champions League play off 1st leg)

Good away win which puts us in the driving seat.

Red Star 6 - HJK 1 (Champions League play off 2nd leg)

Great result which puts us through to the group stage.

Red Star 2 - Mladost 0

Bira and Kovacevic scored for us.

Transfers

Out:

Miroslav Simic (reserve team) to Radnicki for 10k + 25% of next transfer.

We’ve been drawn in Champions League Group E, with Man Utd, PSG and Viktoria Plzen. It will be tough against Man Utd and PSG.

Group%20E.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived