What causes Opp. Instructions to get reset during a match ?!?!

I have noticed this though numerous times in my game.

I let my ass. man assign opposition instructions before the match, then randomly at some point I will go to Tactics > Opp. Instructions and see there are no instructions set. I will then have my ass. man assign instructions again. Later in the match *AGAIN* I will notice nobody has any instructions on them.

What causes these to get reset during a match? If the AI makes a sub does it reset the entire opp. instructions? If the AI changes formation for a second does it reset?

It's the random man marking of opposition players in player instructions that's baffling me. Happens at least once every four or five games where one or two of my players are randomly set to mark a specific player, usually someone not playing directly opposite them position wise too.

Happens when your opponents change their shape & you have OI set to a position that they no longer have a player in or you change to one of your alternate formations.

Okay there is something definitely up where it's not just an AI formation change that resets it. Just played a game where the AI never switched from their 4-4-2 but at least 3 times my opp. instructions were reset in the game.

If the AI changes their Philosophy does that also reset instructions ???

It's the random man marking of opposition players in player instructions that's baffling me. Happens at least once every four or five games where one or two of my players are randomly set to mark a specific player, usually someone not playing directly opposite them position wise too.

Random man marking? I've never seen the ass. man assign specific player man-marking. This happens? Where do you see this? I only thought we could on the Tactics > Player screen.

Random man marking? I've never seen the ass. man assign specific player man-marking. This happens? Where do you see this? I only thought we could on the Tactics > Player screen.

Yes it happens all the damn time. You see it in game in your individual player tactics. It is really annoying.

Yes it happens all the damn time. You see it in game in your individual player tactics. It is really annoying.

It comes up as assman feedback in games: "Player X is being completely drawn out of position due to his instructions to man mark Player Y".

It's not assigned by the assman, he's the one who just lets you know that your right winger is randomly man marking the opposition right back. your striker is man marking their left winger, your dm is man marking their centre half etc etc, presumably for the laugh, after about 20 minutes of the game. When you go into player instructions then they'll have mark specific player added which you will have in no way, shape or form have previously assigned to them as it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Archived