Doing a Davids - Barnet FC FM14

Beest4ever

PRE SEASON

The starting squad at Barnet FC is very very good considering we are competing in the Skrill premier, the 5th division in English football. Suffering relegation last season, the club managed to hold onto most of its core of players, probably due to the fact that Edgar Davids carried on as manager. The likes of David Stephens and Louisma Villa should be far too good for this division. Deciding to take the cut throat approach I negotiated mutual termination of my entire back room staff (aside one U18 coach who looks OK for a cheap wage), costly, but an evil necessity if i am to garner a decent set of coaches and start bringing my players potential to fruition. With some pestering of the board I was able to get an extra coach and an extra physio (*Coughs = another coach!) So including the assistant i have 5 first team coaches. Very happy with that, and especially with the increased wage budget (increased from 18k to 22k a week :D)

The playing squad also endeavored big changes. Many new faces were signed on free transfers, to be honest the preseason campaign could not have gone sweeter, both on and off the field. Gambling on Mike Grella whom is eating up a £2600 contribution of the wage budget! But he looks a classy player, one that can really excel in this division. Considering the squad I have I am super happy with the fact we are only spending £17k a week on wages, leaving me over £5k to play with when the January transfer window opens.

Friendlies consisted of traveling away to local nearby teams. Although playing lots of home matches generates a better income, it cuts up the playing surface, something i do not want, as my team will be looking to get the ball on the deck and play attractive football. Home matches were against Aberdeen, Bristol City and the most hated... Enfield! A dramatic late winner saw off their attempt to get something other than abuse form the match... A vital victory for fan confidence... Very pleasing results against Bristol city confirmed the 451 defensive tactic is looking good for shutting up shop.

SEASON EXPECTATIONS

SKRILL PREMIER = WINNERS

FA TROPHY = WINNERS

FA CUP = 2nd ROUND

TRANSFER HISTORY

4q3b0p.png

FRIENDLIES

dq69fr.png

AUGUST 2013

The opening match of the campaign saw Barnet kicking off against Chester, fresh from a promotion last term. Any dreams the Cheshire side harbored of victory were dealt a killer blow as after only 6 minutes new signing Mike Grella neatly tucked away a Villa cross with his head. A perfect start for the American whom etched his name in the clubs history books as the first goal scorer at the clubs new stadium, The hive, and a hopefully a sign of things to come. Villa skinning his marker with consummate ease.

Despite the influx of new players we were moving the ball about like a well oiled machine, the mix of Fitness training and team cohesion clearly proved its salt like worth. An unbeaten run saw us into second place. The only blemish being the away fixture at Gateshead, where despite falling behind twice, we fought back for a well earned point.

Memorable moments

* Pipping Everton to the signing of 16 year old English CAM Tom Perry - Initial scout reports suggest this young man can become a leading premiership player one day. Perry subsequently became Barnets youngest ever player, earning a place in the starting line up for the away win at Tamworth.

* Mike Grella scoring Barnets first ever goal at the Hive on his debut.

* Luisma Villa and David Stephens winning player, and young player of the month awards respectively.

302t6if.png

2898qc9.png

2r5wbxz.png

SEPTEMBER 2013

The month of September somewhat strangely started with a fixture in August due to Bigfrys inability to decipher the Gregorian calender. Dan Thompson was firing on all cylinders. The big man took up responsibility of lone striker in Bigfrys more favoured defensive 4411 approach. A 4 goal haul at home to the struggling Hyde... was followed by another hat-trick seven days later versus Lincoln. The bees faithful fully appreciative of the pace and power the former Bognor Regis player possesses. Signed as cover for Jake Hyde, Thompson is a real menace. Six foot four tall with great athleticism. If you are managing Skrill premier, he is a must, Skrill N or S and, if you can get him, you should be laughing all the way to the championship.

Still undefeated, although slightly worried by the amount of goals conceded. Four matches without a clean sheet.

Fantastic news on the transfer front as Luis Boa Morte pens a one year deal. His recent spell in the South African Premiership didnt go as planned and a move back to Englands capitol seemed just what the doctor ordered. Having played 36 times for Portugal, Bigfry is claiming this as a massive boost to his young sides championship credentials stating. "Players like Luis, simply put, are too good for 5th tier football."

Memorable moments

*Dan Thompsons outstanding goal scoring.

* Beating table topping Macclesfield 5-1 in front of the TV cameras.

* Signing 36 year old Luis Boa Morte on a free transfer.

148llbd.png

24vmses.png

2q9jbc4.png

Archived