Rules for signing youth players?

So I have a player that is coming through the youth ranks at my team, In all the years of playing I have never had such a talent come through the youth ranks.

My scouts are saying he could be a world class striker of the future, the only problem I have is some of the big clubs are sniffing around him.

Now can these teams just come in and sign him at anytime without me being able to stop them?

He is due to sign a professional contract in 18 months, to be honest I am worried sick some other team is going to steal him from me, I find myself checking his transfer screen every week.

I would hate to lose the only world class prospect I have ever had.

Here is a screenshot of the guy that has me so worried. :p

j81n.jpg

Steam screenshot for better res. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/470920157727944936/03E68DD7670805971C747257811FDBB8A46F2E97/

Pretty sure they can snap him up without you being able to do anything, you just get compo. That way in England at least, maybe different in Germany, not sure.

I would be pretty worried too! Had some good ones come through but no 5* PA's yet. Hopefully you get to keep him and he realises all that potential (I've had a fair few who have not, one was a 17yo £30m signing 4.5 PA, now hes 21 and not looking half the prospect he did when I paid the dough) I like that that can happen though instead of players being guranteed to reach their potential like in some of the previous years games.

Anyway, good luck :)

If he's agreed to sign a professional contract with you then no other club can approach him during this time.

Nice one thank you, yes he has agreed to sign a professional contract with us, it is a provisional contract but he has still agreed to sign it.

Archived