Champions Playoff and Past Winners

El_Ricardo

I'm in the middle of editing a very large fictional edit for the Scottish pyramid, and the Premiership includes a 6 team champions playoff. However, the game seems to be registering the top team as the past winners regardless of who wins the final (for example, St. Mirren (2nd) beat Aberdeen (6th) in the final, however Celtic (1st) were still classed as the past winner).

Is there something I have missed to enable the history to show correctly?

I'm having the same problem. This problem has been around since FM13 (maybe even 12 as I never played that one).

The interesting thing is the correct team are shown as champions in the table (they have a green background and are marked with a 'C') and the right team also qualify for continental competitions. The problem lies with the competition history as it seems to be reading this from the league table rather than taking the playoff into account.

There should be an option in the advanced editor for which stage to take the history from, but I'm not sure where.

OK, so thanks to Dave Fairbairn, I've got this working.

You need to set up the ranking levels for the competition, and set the rankings in both the league stage and the playoff rounds. You also need to enable, but untick "Top team are Champions" in all league/group stages. It's probably a good idea to set up a fate action in the cup stage to set the final winner as league champions in all league/group stages.

You need to set up the ranking levels for the competition, and set the rankings in both the league stage and the playoff rounds. You also need to enable, but untick "Top team are Champions" in all league/group stages. It's probably a good idea to set up a fate action in the cup stage to set the final winner as league champions in all league/group stages.

I just did all of that and it still doesn't rectify the problem.

Cambodia has three stages, since there is also a relegation playoff. Canada has only two, but neither work correctly.

I've set all the ranking levels accurately and I set different current, highest and lowest rankings for the teams that finished in the playoff spots during the league stage, then finalised their rankings in the cup rounds.

Did you set both rankings for each individual position and also set the rankings for playoff teams? I don't know if that will make a difference, but that's what I did and it's working. In Cambodia, if the second stage is also league or group, you should probably tick "don't rank teams on this stage" (I forget the exact wording).

Archived