FM on a MacBook Air 11"?

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy a new laptop and I'm looking to go for the new Macbook Air 11". 9 hrs battery capacity (albeit I reckon it'll be lower playing FM) and the form factor makes it almost look like it's designed to play FM with. The only think keeping me between the 11" and the 13" is the resolution - and the playability of FM on it.

Does anyone here have any experiences with playing FM on a Macbook Air 11"? How suited is it to play FM at? I like to do multiple things whilst playing FM, and I know the resolution is too small to play in windowed mode. Since I've never owned a Mac before - how does the full screen mode work? Is it possible to cmd+tab to a new window or use gestures to bring up the spaces?

And how does the gameplay feel - does the small display make the game feel cramped?

Any experiences will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

haaX

I played many years on a Macbook 13", awful for the eyes...and for the neck and the back also... I suggest everyone to get a desktop if you're going to play many hours.

I played many years on a Macbook 13", awful for the eyes...and for the neck and the back also... I suggest everyone to get a desktop if you're going to play many hours.

Even on a 13"? Must be the game, not the screen size... 13" is almost huge.

Even on a 13"? Must be the game, not the screen size... 13" is almost huge.

I'm already 37, unfortunately. That's maybe why I'm so keen about screen size and ergonomics :lol:

What is the game like on Macs in general? I'm considering getting a MacBook pro (latest one) and it's handling of Football Manager is quite important. Does it play as well as the windows version?

And whilst I'm asking about Mac's, are they worth the investment over an equivalent PC?

What is the game like on Macs in general? I'm considering getting a MacBook pro (latest one) and it's handling of Football Manager is quite important. Does it play as well as the windows version?

And whilst I'm asking about Mac's, are they worth the investment over an equivalent PC?

I find my 2010 Macbook Pro w/2.66 GHz to be somewhat slow with processing, and especially during the matches. I'd want at least a 3.3-3.5 GHz processor, and I know that my GPU is also pretty crap. It's great to have for travel though. :cool: Keep in mind though that you can't ever manually upgrade Macbooks, and they're going more and more down that route. As far as I know, you can't even change out the batteries on the new ones. I will keep this Macbook for using Logic Pro, but otherwise I think I'll be going to a PC-based laptop in the future.

Archived