Sugar Daddy Chairman Canceling Expansions Due to Lack of Funds

I've had this problem for four years at Mansfield. Each of those years I have requested Training Facility upgrades, Youth Training upgrades, Academy upgrades, and in the third year a Stadium Expansion at the start of the season. The Chairman agrees and the plan is start them at the end of the season. By the end of the season the club has lost a lot of money and has hardly any money left in the bank and in Mid May the Chairman cancels all the work due to lack of funds. Late May, exactly two weeks later, the Chairman then gives the club enough money to cover the seasons budget (£6m last year). I'm not allowed to request the canceled projects to restart for a couple of months and the Chairman says it will start at the end of the season and the cycle continues :rolleyes:.

It's massively frustrating as although I'm only using Mansfield as a stepping stone in my career, I'm now managing a club in the Championship with Blue Square Premier facilities. It's just one of those times when you are playing the game and you are smacked in the face by the fact you are just dealing with a bunch numbers not real people :(.

You must build up enough money in the bank to not go in the red at the end of the season. Before that, you won't be able to upgrade anything.

It is easy to do this in the PL, a bit harder in the Championship I can imagine. Going on a profit is a matter of building the team from ground up and sell more than you buy for. The problem is that since you have a sugar daddy, you are inclined to use that fact for what it is worth and spend more than the club could really afford. In that case - why bother with the stadium? Get a promotion instead and go with a healthy profit in the PL. THEN build a huge stadium!

I've spent £600k on players in 4 years and sold £725k. The problem is that the stadium is tiny and the wage budget was absolutely massive (until this year I had it well below the budget) until I hit the Championship where it is the lowest in the league. The club loses masses of money each month, but it never goes into the red.

At the end of the season when the construction is due to start (13th May this year) the club will have about £300k in the bank. Two weeks later (27th May) the Chairman puts money into the club to help with the running costs. So the construction is canceled due to lack of funds and then two weeks later the club is awash with money. The board allowed to spend that money on a new Academy and better Youth Coaching and Network, but I couldn't request the canceled Training or Youth Training upgrades as it was too soon after last request.

I'm not that invested in the club or that bothered about not upgrading the facilities, but surely if the Chairman is going to pump over £6m into the club in two weeks time why does he cancel £600k of upgrades due to lack of funds?

I've spent £600k on players in 4 years and sold £725k. The problem is that the stadium is tiny and the wage budget was absolutely massive (until this year I had it well below the budget) until I hit the Championship where it is the lowest in the league. The club loses masses of money each month, but it never goes into the red.

At the end of the season when the construction is due to start (13th May this year) the club will have about £300k in the bank. Two weeks later (27th May) the Chairman puts money into the club to help with the running costs. So the construction is canceled due to lack of funds and then two weeks later the club is awash with money. The board allowed to spend that money on a new Academy and better Youth Coaching and Network, but I couldn't request the canceled Training or Youth Training upgrades as it was too soon after last request.

I'm not that invested in the club or that bothered about not upgrading the facilities, but surely if the Chairman is going to pump over £6m into the club in two weeks time why does he cancel £600k of upgrades due to lack of funds?

It's probably not something that is coded in the game. No connection between the two events, even though it should be, of course.

Archived