Players Becoming Managers Too Soon - Messi The Manager at Only 28!

I'm not sure if this has only happened since the update, but I'm finding that players are open to management much sooner.

I noticed Messi had a view to going into management after retirement, and so I suggested it to him. At the age of only 28 he now has a staff profile. I found this unusual and so offered him a non-playing contract as assistant manager which he accepted.

What I'm wondering is what effects this will have. If he stays as a player will his attributes decline quicker? Will he retire earlier? If he becomes a coach or assistant manager will it still be possible to offer him a playing contract after as he has yet to announce retirement?

So to clarify, you suggested to Messi at 28 that he'd be good for going in to management. Then on offering him a staff contract at that age he binned playing?

That's a bug if so, but to be fair to SI, probably nobody was mad enough to offer up that scenario in testing? :D

To want realism, and then bend the bounds of realism in your game (offering Messi at 28 a non-playing role?) is pushing it a bit to blame the game don't you think?? :(

I didn't fully offer the contract! I just wanted to see if he would take it, and so got to the scenario where he said my terms were acceptable. At that point I walked away.

I'm just a bit concerned that players can be classed as staff so early, especially Messi in his prime.

Post it in the bugs forum please. Players shouldn't be doing this until their 30s as far as I know.

Since 13.2.3 (methinks) almost all players start thinking about non-staff roles at 28, a few go ahead and bite when you tell them they'd be an excellent [whatever role], most don't.... but they all get the moral bump....cause you care about them :rolleyes:

Was trying to sign a striker for my Tubize team.

He was 28 and wouldn't budge an inch during the contract signing.

He wanted to be player/u19 manager.

Decided to give him that status as he was too good of a striker to miss out on, considering my wage budget.

But that felt a bit too early considering he was very much an active player.

Signed him before the latest big patch.

Archived