Contract clauses in players

Hello guys,

I have several players in my team that I will have to pay to a third party a percentage of a future sale, or clauses where I will have to pay a percentage to his last club of a future sale.

I think in the last FM there were some buyout options in order to get out of this clauses, is this still the case in FM13 as I cannot find the option?

Thanks in advance

In the Transfers > Clauses section is where the buyouts of any clauses will be found, but it is not a given that you can do it for every clause. There will be a list of clauses, and ones with a negotiated buyout option will have a mark next to them. When you click on the clause to bring it up i nthe larger window in more detail you will see the option to sell the clause, if it exists.

There seems to be a random element attached to the availability of the option, I guess designed to replicate the negotiations between clubs to settle the clause possibly failing.

I personally haven't ever seen a buyout of a fee owed to a 3rd party, but I could be wrong.

In my experience it is impossible to say if an amount of clauses is normal, as different clubs have had different histories.

Portuguese and Brazillian clubs, for example, have had much more dealings with third parties and so on than, say, English clubs, so it won't be normal for an ENglish club but might be for one in another country. If you mean once the game is a few years in then it depends on manager activity, I have thousands of clauses at my current save cos of the way I do transfers.

I would repeat my warnign that, unfortunately, I haven't ever seen the option to buyout a 50% owed to 3rd party clause, but I think sometimes you can buyout if it is a fee to an old club.

It also seems that the option to buyout arises much more regularly to clauses created after the game starts, but this could just be an assumption on my part.

talking about clauses, when i buy players or even sell them, the news article talks about something called a Solidarity Fee for all the previous clubs the Player played for.

in one example, the Selling club had to pay Solidarity Fees to 4 other clubs.

i dont see this Clause being mentioned anywhere in game. is it possible to see if I have to pay these Fees, before selling a player?

talking about clauses, when i buy players or even sell them, the news article talks about something called a Solidarity Fee for all the previous clubs the Player played for.

in one example, the Selling club had to pay Solidarity Fees to 4 other clubs.

i dont see this Clause being mentioned anywhere in game. is it possible to see if I have to pay these Fees, before selling a player?

I think they are to all clubs he played for before the age of 24, and no matter how many clubs they are the total amount won't go above a set percentage, it is just distributed pro-rata to all the clubs on the basis of how much time he was at them.

I could have made up the 24 bit, but I think its right, so you can tell by going to the histroy and seeing who they played for at what age.

In some leagues it is just a given you have to pay this figure when buying a player, but you don't need to worry about how much as it is always the same maximum percentage (Reduced if he had spent some of his u24 years at the buying/selling selling club in question).

In direct answer to your question, I don't think there is a specific way to check though.

I think they are to all clubs he played for before the age of 24, and no matter how many clubs they are the total amount won't go above a set percentage, it is just distributed pro-rata to all the clubs on the basis of how much time he was at them.

I could have made up the 24 bit, but I think its right, so you can tell by going to the histroy and seeing who they played for at what age.

In some leagues it is just a given you have to pay this figure when buying a player, but you don't need to worry about how much as it is always the same maximum percentage (Reduced if he had spent some of his u24 years at the buying/selling selling club in question).

In direct answer to your question, I don't think there is a specific way to check though.

i see. it would be nice to know though.

i'm sure most of us decide on a Selling Price for a player, based on what Clauses we have to pay out.

if i have to pay a 20% sell on fee to a previous club, when i sell one plyaer, i'm going to try to inflate the Selling Fee by 20%.

i see. it would be nice to know though.

i'm sure most of us decide on a Selling Price for a player, based on what Clauses we have to pay out.

if i have to pay a 20% sell on fee to a previous club, when i sell one plyaer, i'm going to try to inflate the Selling Fee by 20%.

I agree it would be nice to know, but at least you get to know before you finalise the deal.

Is it ever as high as 20%? I was under the impression that the total solidarity fees never ended up being more than around 5%, but I won't claim to be 100% on this.

Of course if you are making a huge sale 5% is no trivial figure...

I agree it would be nice to know, but at least you get to know before you finalise the deal.

Is it ever as high as 20%? I was under the impression that the total solidarity fees never ended up being more than around 5%, but I won't claim to be 100% on this.

Of course if you are making a huge sale 5% is no trivial figure...

sorry, i didn't mean to make it sound like it was 20%. that was just a number i plucked out of the air to illustrate my point!! :D

i guess i just believe it should be showing in the Clauses Page.

lets put forward another argument.

if i know that i have to pay a certain amount of Solidarity Fee to a club when I later sell on their player, i am more likely to take that into account when negotiating the Transfer of their player to me in the first place as it basically amounts to a Sell On Fee.

sorry, i didn't mean to make it sound like it was 20%. that was just a number i plucked out of the air to illustrate my point!! :D

i guess i just believe it should be showing in the Clauses Page.

lets put forward another argument.

if i know that i have to pay a certain amount of Solidarity Fee to a club when I later sell on their player, i am more likely to take that into account when negotiating the Transfer of their player to me in the first place as it basically amounts to a Sell On Fee.

Agreed!

I guess the only reason they don't show it is that it is a given for certain leagues if the player in question was at other clubs before being 24 (if 24 is the rule).

If that is the reason, then that doesn't mean it makes sense, and they could indeed show it somewhere.

Although now I am asking myself, when you make, or perhaps only when you accept a bid, doesn't it show in the top right corner? At work just now so can't check.

Archived