How do i stop my CB's opening up wider than Katie Price's legs?

I've still trying to get to grips with the tactics of this game and one thing i just cant seem to improve on is my defence. I tend to always have a standard flat back four with the CB's set as Central Defender/Defend. Basically, nothing fancy or out of the ordinary.

The problem i have is that my CB's seem to love leaving a massive gap either between each other or their nearest FB. Additionally, i cant seem to stop me CB's from charging around and stepping up leaving a massive hole behind them. I've tried endless tweaking of settings but nothing seems to stop it, and this is with world class CB's too.

Is this a ME bug of some sort or are there some particular settings necessary to have a solid back four?

Thanks

I have this issue too...Team works perfectly at home and im quite convincing. Away from home i may aswell not bother! I've tried tactical tweaks/shouts etc to no avail defending is still s**t.

On a similar note when using shouts Play Narrow and Play out of Defence now full backs were still far too wide and my GK still insisted on hoofing the ball long all of the time...

Good Luck!!

Archived