Tig's Training Guide

Maybe he is unhappy with the current schedule cause the workload is too high for him. I check my players once a month to see if they are still happy with their schedule. And if they are not sometimes lowering the workload is a good option.

i will try it, it is strange because it says 'happy with sched', i have checked and he has no problems, he had some injuries and i know players decrease during and for a little period after but i got him back slowly and he is fully fit, winning MoM awards etcetra, yet still all his stats are apparently going down.

maybe it is a minor bug.

Originally posted by bananbulgaren:

Hi, thanx for the nice thougths about training.

However i wonder about the "assign player" function, the one where you players can learn a new position/side. How do i use this effectivly? Is it useful at all?

Basically, each player has their positions (which you can see by looking in their Personal Page (ie clikc on their name), and then click on the "positions" tab (underneath transfer).

Each position the player can play will be shown, I belive from:

Natural

Accomplished

Competent

Unconvicing

Ineffectual

With position training, you can teach a player a position from nothing, all the way to Accomplished (or at least competant, and then accomplished by playing them in games).

Some examples, might be training a midfielder or centerback as a Defensive Midfielder, or a midfielder or strikers as and Attacking Midfielder, or a wingback as a midfielder. Or giving a "center" player the ability to play on a wing.

Sometimes it can take a while.

Thanks for your vote of confidence el_campeon, I hope more people find my training guide helpful like you.

Sorry I've not posted for a while, been on a short holiday but here's a few answers to some of the questions thus far:

arrug - what about part time players

There are part time schedules included mate! icon_smile.gif or are you having trouble accessing them?

ednab - I increase strength and aerobic or will the workload then become to high?

You can do that but as you said, it will dramatically increase workrate and the chance of your players getting injured. Please, change the schedules to your liking, whatever works for you.

dj domo - you know when your training and got a player whos a mr, st do u just keep him in one training schedule or switch him back and throw between two soo he doesnt lose states on one...becoz when u got injury's problems u wont players to be able to cover. ta mate

Where do you want to play him? MR or ST? There's your answer.

michiel8044 - is it me, or dont the strikers score and hardly any goal get's scored with this training????

i played all day, and they all miss, like 10 chances, none goes in. it's frustrating or i'm just terrible!

Training can't effect strikers' chances of scoring, besides shot-to-goals ratio has been significantly reduced in FM07 anyway so what you're experiencing is probably due to that.

Thanks again David Bowie for helping to some of the questions on the thread, it's a great help.

To all the people who are using my training guide and aren't satisfied due to players still having red arrows next to their names, I just want to remind you once again...

It's meant to be that way, SI have intentionally made training more difficult in FM07 as training in FM06 was so easy. Tell me, in what realistic world does every single players improve all the time?

Originally posted by leeds 1970s:

Hey!!!

Tigsaw,

Could you please give me a new link, so that i can download these training schedule's.

As the link you have given on page 1 for your training schedule's has now expired.

Thanks icon14.gif.

Here you go:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ghengis2k/Training%20Schedules%20Revised.rar

(Thanks El Padre for uploading it)

People keep asking for Part Time Schedules, there are PT Schedules included! icon_smile.gif

hey thanks for such an informative guide.

but the word is that there is a bug for the freds and training doesnt do much for the players and the freds.

i dont know if you know about the bug but apparently, the freds become really good phyically but technically they suck. so i was just wondering if you could hook up some screenshots to see if your training is helping them improve, esp. for the youths.

thx

Thanks for the guide - it has been very helpful!

I have a few questions that I was thinking about though. Do you have a pre-season schedule for intensive training for 4-6 weeks before the season begins? Aswell, how long would you advise as a resting time between seasons in FM07 before stats really suffer?

Along with this, a good feature in 07 is to have players stats go down during injury, but how would you advise to get them back up to normal after injury? Is it best to give them intensive training or just light stuff to start with?

Thanks.

Guest Incitatus

My 1st post in this forum in a long time.

Just to say thanks Tig, I wasn´t used to this kind of training, and I´m starting now, I´ll give U some feedback...

Regards.

I have always used TUG training to good effect, tweaked a little, especially midfield. I want midfielders to train set pieces. I rarely have problems with injuries because I always use easy tackling.

I'm gonna give this one a go, always fun to try something new.

I think this schedule needs to be taken down a few levels, its too intense. I'm getting an obscene amount of injuries, and a lot of them are ligament damage.

I've taken it down a few notches in one of my games to see if it helps.

I currently have 16 players out injured due to training. icon13.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by eccabro:

for some reason even my coaches with 20 for technique can't get 5 star for set pieces. they can only get 4

Coaches training set pieces also need to have good mental and attacking attributes. Mine has 18 for technique, 16 for mental and attacking, getting 5 stars.

Hope this helps.

Great stuff on training!

I'm tweaking my training during the seasons (almost every month) - just one notch lighter or heavier depending on how much the player has actually played and what my assistant reports me - this seems to work well. I'm not sure if it has any real effect but at least it gives me the "hands-on" feeling icon_smile.gif

Good discussion and great work Tig. I do things differently, but these discussions are always interesting.

One issue that I think has become more important in FM07 is trainings effect on match performance. The guide cover trainings effect on attributes, but it seems to me that training also influence how players react in matches

For instance I always have my strikers one notch above High in shooting, cause I found that this help my strikers in matches. I don't think the shooting attribute get any significantly bonus from this, but since I started doing it, it seems the strikers match performance has improved.

I think it is quite possible that set piece training could have the same effect, and since that has become more important in the match engine, I wonder if it wouldn't be worth getting some extra set piece training?

• 2 weeks later...

Ignore the arrows, they are not a true indication of training. As they fluctuate month by month and the arrows are a indication of training compared to last month. 6 weeks is not long enough to see improvements, you are talking 6 months atleast to see any sort of sustained improvemnts.

Hi tig,

nice schedules. However, i got some long term injuries due to training. Most of them are because of weight lifting etc. Am I doing something wrong? MY coaches are pretty well. I tried to reduce the workload on fitness but I got some injuries again. Should I have tweaked the workload as I did or can I benefit from the unchanged schedule in the long run? thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Nørbæk:

I'm undefeated in 30 matches, but immediately after applying this transfer scheme, I lost 3 in a row. Including a 7-1 defeat against a lowly ranked team icon_confused.gif

Any connection?

Seriously. This training scheme is ruining me team. Also, all their stats are red in training.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
yeh, is it valid with fm09?
Trainings asn't changed much since being called FM in all honesty so all this can still be applied. And the higher the intensity the more risk of getting training injuries.

There you go. :)

There's a few good training schedules around, and all should work for FM09 as well as they have done for all previous FM releases. I'm using training schedules that I used for FM07 and FM08, that I just imported over to FM09.

I've uploaded them here...

http://files.filefront.com/Tugs+Training+2008+Youthtsh/;13338489;/fileinfo.html - Youth Schedules

http://files.filefront.com/Tugs+Training+2008tsh/;13338490;/fileinfo.html - Senior Schedules

Just a few quick notes:

* Strength - Natural Fitness, Stamina, Strength, Work Rate.

* Aerobic - Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace, Reflexes.

* Goalkeeping - Aerial Ability, Handling, Kicking, Throwing, One on Ones.

* Tactics - Anticipation, Decisions, Positioning, Movement, Teamwork, Command of Area.

* Ball Control - Dribbling, First Touch, Technique, Flair, Heading.

* Defending - Tackling, Marking, Concentration.

* Attacking - Passing, Vision, Creativity.

* Shooting - Finishing, Long Shots, Composure.

* Set Pieces - Crossing, Corners, Free Kicks, Penalties, Long Throws.

Keepers - Why bother with Ball Control. Since when do keepers need stuff like Flair and Dribbling. At the very least, switch Tactics and Ball Control around, I'd also get Goalkeeping as intense as possible.

Defenders - Again, they don't need as much ball control, and also don't need as much set pieces. Drop those 2 down for more Tactics and Defense.

Strikers - Strikers don't need as much of the "attacking" set. If anyone should have that much "Attacking" it's the AMs. Strikers need more shooting.

Execute me : i don't understand why workrate of mental section train by strength,

i think strength is physical section

Answer me please .

Archived