Life as a lower League manager.

So I started of as manager of Tonbridge and after back to back promotions I find myself in League 2,I then use the TC which I now love and think it is great.

With the help from the TC I am now in Division 1 and this is were I am struggling,not with the game but the options.

I can not get a parent club,I keep asking but the board,although they agree,they can not find a parent club,there is also almost no players to come on loan,either the team do not want to loan almost their entire reserves or their under 18's,or the player does not want to come on loan.

I do enjoy a challenge but has the loan system been changed a lot in this version?

I mean I am in league 1 and it is hardly unheard of for the young guys from Premiership teams to come on loan,also why can my board not find a parent club? They have now looked for a parent club some 7 times and still nothing.

A bit off topic but is it normal that I am now in Division 1 and still I can not scout outside of the UK and Ireland?

We do not have any money but surely at Division 1 I should be able to send my scouts at least to France?

I think that probably is the hardest thing this year. Not been able to get high quality loans wanting to join your club. I'm not complaining as every other year I would loaned the best youth the prem had to offer then rip the leagues apart till I got to the championship. Not realistic.

The loans are spot on as irl life you dont normally get a loan in thats ten times better quality than the players you have, they are about the same level. So alot of the loans would be players around about the same sort of ability as the ones you have.

Its not a win button irl. Div 1 clubs arent figting over loaning all the best youth the prem has to offer, even the championship dont really, its mostly to smaller prem sides they go.

I'm bromley at the minute. 2nd season, have a total wage bill of 1.4K, £600 of which used on the team and already 250K in debt. Yep, that must happen irl.

Did you have this problem before League 1? I started at Chester myself and had no problems with loan signings until I reached League 1 where I couldn't sign anyone good enough for the same reasons you state or the fact that the owning club wanted their player to be out at a higher level.

Got into the Championship and managed to get 2 good loan signings again which is helpful as my squad for the level really is fairly awful.

Did you have this problem before League 1? I started at Chester myself and had no problems with loan signings until I reached League 1 where I couldn't sign anyone good enough for the same reasons you state or the fact that the owning club wanted their player to be out at a higher level.

Bang on,I got 5 decent loan signings in division 2,I had no problem getting them and they did help me in promotion.Come this season in division 1 I can not get any players interested in coming.

Born2killzone I am not looking for a 'IWIN' button but surely as a Division 1 side I should be able to get a parent club,or at the very least expect to see top clubs willing to let their under 18's go out on loan,I spend hours looking for new players for my team and I yet to see so many players either not willing to join a club giving them first team football or their team not allowing them to go out on loan.

If the SI guys see it as being to easy for the lower league managers to get better players then they need to make the AI for the other teams better to look for players and not take it away altogether.

I have had that problem from the start, I had a parent club and the players still didnt want to come. Most of my loans are backup quality, In older FMs I would have a team of star loans playing in all the important positions and be now I only have 1 whos a bit better than what I got.

maybe it was the patch.

In League 2 I managed to loan 3 players for the season of which 1 later became a permanent signing. In League 1 I couldn't get anything worthwhile. Our saves are pretty similar as well in the regard that we both started in the lowest playable league and worked our way up.

It is fair to say in League 1 that both of our clubs are comfortably the lowest reputation and miles smaller than the biggest team in the division (in my case Leicester). I just wonder if people who have started in say League 2 and got promoted have found it easier to get loans than we have or it is just a problem for everyone?

Tbh I am not looking for 5 star players,My team has no money,I mean none.

I am looking for players that could even be used as backups with no cost to me,I can not get anyone at the moment,I have had to sign a striker for 400 pounds a week(a lot of money for my side)as I lost 3 of my strikers for anywhere between 6-8 weeks,I normally use a parent club or loan signings to back my team up,also it is nice if you can get a real star player.

I can not get a parent club and the pickings for loans is really poor so for a poor side like mine we are gimped,In the past we did have options but not this year ..at least it seems that way.

I have had that problem from the start, I had a parent club and the players still didnt want to come. Most of my loans are backup quality, In older FMs I would have a team of star loans playing in all the important positions and be now I only have 1 whos a bit better than what I got.

maybe it was the patch.

The patch didn't change things, and having one player better than the rest of your squad on loan is good, IRL most teams don't have their best player as a loanee, a few do but most don't. I think there should be more movement in general, including loans, in the lower levels so I'm not arguing with the main point here, but not seeing a problem if you can sign a few with one being very good for your level.

Lower league management. I love it. The struggle is half the fun for me. Just recently started a Havant & Waterlooville save. Sitting 2nd in the BSS at Christmas and currently have 5 forwards out injured. Frantically scrambling around 3 days before a fixture trying to get a striker in on non contract terms and failing so doing a Di Matteo and putting a AMC at the top of a 4-6-0 type formation and scraping a lucky 1-0 win at Welling. Magical stuff.

I'm bromley at the minute. 2nd season, have a total wage bill of 1.4K, £600 of which used on the team and already 250K in debt. Yep, that must happen irl.

Hehe you think that is bad?

I am in my 4th season,I have won promotion every season and now in Division 1,my top earner is on 2.5k and at the end of this season I am going to lose my 5 best players,their contracts are up then and when I try to offer them a new contract my board will only allow for a maximum of 2.5k per week,the players are looking for around 4k but there is no way for me to match this.

My top striker who scored 44 goals in 44 games last season has a 500k buyout clause in his contract(I had to give him it or he would not have joined my team),I am trying to get him tied to a new contract but it is impossible,he is valued at 1 million now but of course a team can buy him for 500k.

I have a choice to make come January,either I try to sell all 5 players and get some money from them or I let there contracts expire and lose them for nothing,I have a pretty small squad of 22 players and I am under the wage budget.

Although money is coming in the stadium expansions have killed my finances and I am now close to 1 million in the red.If I could get a few decent players in on loan then I would just have to sell the players to balance the books and look to rebuild my squad,it is important though for us to remain in the first division.

It is nice to have a good challenge but also seems a tad unfair that after my many,many hours of searching for the talent I have I will now have to let them all go as my board will only allow for 2.5k per week for a key player,I cant blame the player for asking for 4k when he is scoring a goal a game throughout an entire season.

Luckily for you, nobody will ever bid 500K for him., So dont worry about that.

Tems that have 500K wont want him, and teams that do want him wont have 500K.

My wage bill goes down every season as my debts get higher, so it gets harder and harder each year.

It takes about 4 pomotions to have a wage bill higher than the one you start with.

I've had some success with loan signings as Cambridge Utd, but I've found it difficult to get them in at the start of a season. I found there was much more interest in the January window which makes sense as by then players would be frustrated at not breaking into the first team and be more open to going out on loan. This can be a real boost to your season and helped get me promoted three seasons running.

Bizarrely I was able to get Shola Ameobi and Stephen Hunt on loan in my second season (13/14 in League 2). Their stats were far superior to the rest of my squad but their performances, especially Hunt who was far too good for League 2, were garbage. I thought this was a nice touch for the game; they just didn't have the motivation and I ended up using players I'd signed for free from dutch amateur clubs (That second nationality really helped).

Archived