On my Sunderland save I am two seasons in, in my first season I finished 4th which was amazing, but the main reason I finished there was my CM partnership of Flamini and Piatti. Flamini in particular was outstanding. I got him on loan from Arsenal at the start of the season. When his loan deal expired he said that he was very pleased with how the move worked out for him and 'hinted' at a permanent move, anyway I was delighted at this and immediately slapped a £4 million bid in for him which to my delight was accepted. So anyway I offered him a (great) contract, and I was safe in the knowledge that I had my cherished CM partnership available to me for the next four years atleast. Then to my dismay, he rejected my contract offer and stated the reason as: 'Feels the move would take him in the wrong direction'.

That was on transfer deadline day and I managed to scrape the signing of Vayrynen to partner Piatti, and while he seems to be a good enough player, the partnership just will not work, as a result I have exited the ECC and I'm clinging onto hopes of a mid-table finish though I'm not overly confident of achieving it.

Why did Flamini reject me just a week after he hinted at a permanent move?

What? Just for the record, yes he did hint at a permanent move mate.

Because he didn't mean it. The media items are not always linked correctly to the players wishes and also the tranfer system within FM. Its a bug.

I have it even better. The player in question even has my team is his favorite teams after having been there on loan for 2 years in a row, hinted at a permanent link, but refuses to come to me - both transfer and loan by now.

Which is pretty funny, seeing how he didn't mind playing in my team when I was in the BSP and L2, but now I'm in L1, he doesn't want to go to me anymore. It's not like he gets any more time to play at his own team either ...

Archived