Do you listen to or read your assistant's advice during a match?

The advice given this year is far more detailed..... and you'd be crazy not to read it. It actually tells you why you should do something, so you really should see it as mentoring or such.

Of coruse, that's not to say that you should take it everytime. Though, if he says somerthinh that correlates to what I'm seeing on the pitch, which currently seems to be three things: 1. wingers given space to cross, 2. strikers given space in the box and 3. closing down long shot players, then I will try and implement it. Though, be aware, most of his ideas will cause your side to lose it's shape, so you need to decide if that is a good or a bad thing.

LAM

The advice given this year is far more detailed..... and you'd be crazy not to read it. It actually tells you why you should do something, so you really should see it as mentoring or such.

Of coruse, that's not to say that you should take it everytime. Though, if he says somerthinh that correlates to what I'm seeing on the pitch, which currently seems to be three things: 1. wingers given space to cross, 2. strikers given space in the box and 3. closing down long shot players, then I will try and implement it. Though, be aware, most of his ideas will cause your side to lose it's shape, so you need to decide if that is a good or a bad thing.

LAM

what advise are you talking about? the only advise i'm seeing is the notifications on the upper right corner of the screen (xxxx player is good at crosses, we are dominating the match even if we end losing by 3 goals, etc etc) or are they somewhere else?

LAM

I disagree. I find assistant advice to be almost entirely a waste of time.

Although I guess advice is just advice, so you can take it or leave it. Personally, I turn it off.

In terms of team talks, If my assistant says at the end of the game 'I cant think of anything specific to say right now', i always ignore that, as if i copy that to the players, they all switch off or become angry and moan about me to the press! lol

Hardly at all , I listened to his pre-match advice about attacking movement preparation in the next match , 20 minutes in I concede and then he says in future matches you should think about defending set pieces preparation!

Absolutely. I have an assistant with high tactical knowledge stats so I believe I can trust him. (during the game, not for team talks!) I think it's a great addition. The only problem I have with it (and I raised this while playing the beta) is that IMO, the bubbles don't stay there anywhere near long enough (and I have them set to the max time). If you're immersed in a game, and then see two bubbles pop up out of the corner of your eye, by the time you've looked over and started to read them, often they've vanished.

Personally, i'd like the option to have them there all the time in like a twitter streaming sort of style with the option to click them on & off. I asked for something like this during the beta. Quite disappointed that nothing was done.

It's a redundant feature, he offers nothing to the user throughout the game.

I've not paid much attention to him this year.......do they offer genuine advice now ? If he actually gave advice on how to fix things ie push up your d-line/X would maybe have more success if he played more attacking/defensive , our short passing is struggling to break down this defence , we should try X etc etc

Stuff like that would make it usable, but telling you that your being swamped in midfield without advice on how to remedy it is pretty useless.

It's a redundant feature, he offers nothing to the user throughout the game.

I've not paid much attention to him this year.......do they offer genuine advice now ? If he actually gave advice on how to fix things ie push up your d-line/X would maybe have more success if he played more attacking/defensive , our short passing is struggling to break down this defence , we should try X etc etc

Stuff like that would make it usable, but telling you that your being swamped in midfield without advice on how to remedy it is pretty useless.

I agree that's why I rarely have listened or even read what he said in fm games i played. It's the same on fm12.

Maybe in fm13 he is good I don't know.

Archived