and i know others are going to say weve bought it but we havent weve had a number of youngsters come through and have also made some very cheap signings that have turned out to be priceless eg schmeichel/ cantona/ solsjkaer

yeah you've spent money recently for sure but you've still got history!

The name George Best is enough for me and you won things before old Eric came along.

Chelsea however were an F.A cup team and have bought success without a doubt, he's spent like 600 million on that club since buying them. That's just madness he's never gonna see that money again!

Chelsea are like his little toy really and in a way it's a double edged sword, on one hand he's brought them the success but on the other is clearly not content to let manager's do there jobs, buy who they want.

just look at the Shevcenko deal. All they did was spend 30M ruining a fantastic players football career essentially. I'm almost positive that Mourinho left because of him interfering aswell, what says he's ever gonna change?

It could all go very wrong for them if he get's bored with his "toy". Being in like 500 - 600 million worth of debt isn't great either.

Chelsea however were an F.A cup team and have bought success without a doubt, he's spent like 600 million on that club since buying them. That's just madness he's never gonna see that money again!

Chelsea are like his little toy really and in a way it's a double edged sword, on one hand he's brought them the success but on the other is clearly not content to let manager's do there jobs, buy who they want.

just look at the Shevcenko deal. All they did was spend 30M ruining a fantastic players football career essentially. I'm almost positive that Mourinho left because of him interfering aswell, what says he's ever gonna change?

It could all go very wrong for them if he get's bored with his "toy". Being in like 500 - 600 million worth of debt isn't great either.

Well we were a champions league team under Ranieri before Abramovic came along. And we were getting better and better every year without any help from him. We also had a couple of seasons under Gullit and Vialli where we really should have won the league. As for debt, Man Utd have external debt of £666m. Chelsea have external debt of £0m. And Chelsea are only a toy in as much as United, Liverpool, Aston Villa (and one day every club) are.

I'm not sure what your point is with Sheva. We have bought many top class players and of course not all of them are gonna work out. No-one would have predicted what happened. And Sheva is happy to stay at Chelsea and doesn't want to go anywhere - if he did we'd let him go. We also haven't really played to his strengths. Did we ruin his career? No.

And as for Roman interfering with Jose, we'll never really know what happened. But Scolari made it very clear when he signed that he would have complete control over all player acquisitions.

I'm not having a go at you mate, I just get so tired of all the negativity. What no-one mentions is we have done many things right and also brought a lot of money and attention to the premier league. We have also tried to build the foundations for future success - not just bought a bunch of overaged starts. We signed a lot of young exciting players - many of them english. We have incredible training facilities. We have put a lot of money into our academy and also into establishing our name all over the world. The entire system Chelsea have put in place for the future is amazing. Our stadium is in a nice part of London and is not expandable so we don't have the luxury of a huge stadium like Man Utd do. They earn a million quid more per game in gate receipts than we do. Every club "buys" success, it's just how you get the money varies.

Whatever anyone says this is a beautiful thing. I remember standing on the falling-apart-terraces in the rain in the old second division drawing 0-0 against teams like Shrewsbury and we still sung our hearts out all game and gave our all for the team we loved. We went from near-bankrupcy and a falling-apart stadium to one of the best teams in England and a nice stadium all without Roman's help. If we hadn't achieved all that, Roman would never have bought us in the first place.

Yeah fair enough but can't you understand why everyone's so negative about Chelsea? The way you just throw money at everything and pay average players like John Terry 135,000 p.w!!! It's insanity and you've also single handedly distorted the transfer market. I haven't always hated Chelsea see this post i made.

Is he a Chelsea fan???

He's probably supported them pre - Abromivich though which is cool,

I just hate all these bandwagon fans as I like to call them and I know a couple. All of a sudden there like "I support Chelsea" and i'm like "I thought you were a newcastle fan?" or something like that. Also I just don't like the way they go about things. They just throw money at everything and if it doesn't go right they throw more money at it. 30M for Shevcenko and all they did was get a couple of goals and effectively destroy an awesome footballers career/confidence. That's just one example.

I used to like them when they were the Italy squad with the likes of Zola, Di Matteo, Vialli etc and did things the right way. i don't like the way they booted Ranieri out either he was a good manager.

Anyway I could go on and on about it, but I won't.

Rant over. :D

:thup:

I used to like you as a club but now, I, like many other people have grown to really dislike your club.

Nothing personal mate it's just the way i feel.

:cool::thup:

Yeah fair enough but can't you understand why everyone's so negative about Chelsea? The way you just throw money at everything and pay average players like John Terry 135,000 p.w!!! It's insanity and you've also single handedly distorted the transfer market. I haven't always hated Chelsea see this post i made.

I used to like you as a club but now, I, like many other people have grown to really dislike your club.

Nothing personal mate it's just the way i feel.

:cool::thup:

Firstly I love that you dislike us. We LOVE to be hated! :) But what exactly do you dislike? You haven't really explained. You think John Terry is an average player that we pay a lot to? That's your opinion, mate but most non-chelsea fans rate him as an excellent defender. He's been Chelsea and England captain for some time and he is a world class defender and leader for us. He's Mr Chelsea - the heart and soul of our club. I doubt we pay him THAT much more than Utd/Madrid/Barca/etc pay their top stars. Any club pays what they can afford and players know they can bargain for a big contract and JT and Frank have done that.

Next you say we single-handedly distorted the transfer market. Huh? What did we do? All we did is distort the price WE have to pay for players. And we've even taken steps to prevent that from happening now - like we did with Alves. We haven't changed the transfer market for any other buying clubs. Torres & Keane etc cost just what they would have cost if Abramovic had never come along.

Next….bandwagon fans. I'm with you there, mate! It drives me nuts. Actually what really drives me nuts is telling someone I'm a Chelsea fan and then them thinking I'm a bandwagon fan when that couldn't be further from the truth. Anyone who ditches the team they "support" for another club that's doing well is pathetic.

Next…Shevchenko. I just don't understand all this. Yes we threw 30M at him. That's what it costs to get probably the best striker in the world over the last 10 years. The only reason people now don't like this is because he's had a hard time adjusting. Well we've bought many top players - there was bound to come a time when one of them didn't fit in very well. If he had played great no-one would say a word about it. Is it ok that Man Utd are throwing 28M at Berbatov? Or 32M at Tevez? Or is that ok because it's Utd? Or will it become not ok if they don't have great seasons?

Bottom line is mate, every club throws as much money at transfers and contracts as they can afford. And everyone's always going to be jealous of the one who can throw the most.

Also I looked and JT earns 131k p/w. Gerrard earns 120k p/w. I know which one I'd rather have any day!!! Ronaldo is already on 119k p/w which is extremely high for his age. We don't pay any of our young players that much. Owen is on 110k p/w. Owen!!! LOL!!! That's 20k p/w more than Drobga and much more than Joe Cole, or Essien or Cech etc!!! We do not overpay players. We just buy the kind of players most people can't afford to pay.

i agree with Jt being worth his money but not Lampard never liked him and always prefered Gerrard to him. Would rather see Barry/Hargreaves and gerrard in CM for england. As for wages in general i think there should be a cap as no man is worth paying 100k+ a week it should be capped at 20k at the most and that should be worldwide nobody can spend the amount of money they get paid. It should all be invested back into the clubs and back to the fans! after all it us who pay their wages

Sorry to keep mentioning this But this forum need a clearup! It should be soley used for FMH discussion.

There is a football forum for this stuff, link below.

Football Forum = http://80.64.58.203/forumdisplay.php?f=14

or for non football, non FM discussion visit OTF

Off topic = http://80.64.58.203/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Archived