Tutoring options

When you mentor off the pitch, you can completley change a newgens personality. While you've been able to do this to some extent in previous versions, you could never really change the players personality like you can now. You could only alter the hidden attributes ever so slightly. But now you can change them completley but it only works on newgens, that's what the feature is. Existing DB players it doesn't work with, they have to be newgens.

Hey, I want to test this, but am unsure if generated players at the start of the game to fill out the youth squad would qualify as NewGens for this purpose :) ... do you know?

Hey, I want to test this, but am unsure if generated players at the start of the game to fill out the youth squad would qualify as NewGens for this purpose :) ... do you know?

Not sure in all honesty.

How do you plan on doing this test?

Look for messages like this;

1.png

and then you'll notice the dramatic changes.

I had hoped that it was enough to check their stats after 181 days. As I don't have all the news items from the previous 180 days. Can this be changed somewhere?

Anyways, below is the result of the tutoring sessions, I did with 9 generated youngsters from my U18 squad. It also seems that the old requirement that they have to play same position have been relaxed a bit. Some of the youngsters do not play MC like all my tutors do.

I found no news items from my AssMan like the one you posted. So unsure if I can even test this properly.

FM12_Tutoring_Result_GeneratedYoungsters.PNG

Its not an over the night thing it can take time especially if the player has poor hidden stats. It could take a few sessions and it doesn't happen for every player. I'm in 2027 atm and I get them regular now but I didn't at the start of the game. But everyone apart from Neymar and Ganso in my squad are all regens.

Its not an over the night thing it can take time especially if the player has poor hidden stats. It could take a few sessions and it doesn't happen for every player. I'm in 2027 atm and I get them regular now but I didn't at the start of the game. But everyone apart from Neymar and Ganso in my squad are all regens.

I guess that will become a little difficult to test then :) ... but seems personality altering is as much alive as before, just by moving the stats.

Are we sure that the off the pitch events only happen during tutoring?

I read a thread today: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/312841-Determination-drop-what-can-be-done about a 23-year old who suffered a drop in Determination, even though not being tutored. I know this is a drop, not a gain, but still, I wonder if these are specifically connected to tutoring sessions.

I guess that will become a little difficult to test then :) ... but seems personality altering is as much alive as before, just by moving the stats.

Are we sure that the off the pitch events only happen during tutoring?

I read a thread today: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/312841-Determination-drop-what-can-be-done about a 23-year old who suffered a drop in Determination, even though not being tutored. I know this is a drop, not a gain, but still, I wonder if these are specifically connected to tutoring sessions.

Not always from tutoring, if it is, you normally get a coach report too on the same day.

Archived