FM 12... Its all about the Silverware!

JerseyShoreDave

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regensburg First Division 2017-2018 Champions League Update

The battles vs. Barcelona

Leg 1 - At Home, Lionel Messi was hot scoring in the 15th minute... following our fullback getting injured. Right before the half we tied the score to make it 1-1. In the Second Half we got feisty and brought the game to them, and Messi both scored again. The match ended with 2-1 loss. The story of the game is the stats, we kept up with Barcelona and Coronel even hit the post!. We're proud of this match.

Leg 2 - At Barcelona started out bad. In the 8th Minute Luca Vargas scored, and right before half time our fullback got injured. In the second half Moises scored in the 52nd minute... we replied in the 57th with a great shot by Milios Ilko before Lionel Messi finished us off in the 79th minute. Losing the match 3-1, losing in aggregate 5-2. Barcelona picked up a lot of cards, we were making runs and trying to level the game, it didn't work.

Now we have to focus on the League and Cup!

Exactly, I thought we did damn good with youngsters that we're building up. Their coach praised us too, which better then most in the Bundesliga... lol Scoring in both legs was particularly pleasing, considering we haven't been hitting on all cylinders in League matches as of late.

Regensburg First Division 2017-2018 Year End Results

Morocco wanted me as a Manager, turned them down for say a European nation someday, maybe after the 2018 world cup.

We upped the rest of the year results to "Title Challenge"

Both Youth and regular facilities are finally going under necessary upgrades

Our backup creative midfielder got the Champions League Goal of the Season as a substitute lol.

First Division Results - Solid 2nd place performance, Dortmund is just too good still.

Past Position - it took 15 weeks to determine the outcome for the season

First Division Award Winners go to Antonio Mirante for German Goal Keeper of the Year, and Milan orsula was the 2nd best Striker in the league as named by the players!

First Division Team of the Year - Antionio Mirante for Goalie and Tarcisio our creative midfielder!

German Cup... Can you sing We Are The Champions! Semi Finals was Pepe's last match before his forced retirement due to injury... The Final was special too... All matches were hard fought victory... our first National Silverware!

German Cup Final - Very hard fought battle as Gergely Rudolf scores his last competitive goal before retiring from the game...

Finances - Almost 46 million in cash!

Transfers - We brought in more secondary talent to solidify the team at every position. Our purchase of Ernesto Broli and Amar Smajlovic are obvious our most important purchases... Broli is too volatile long term and we'll sell him if 2 midfielders of sufficient quality become available.... We also got 2 stop gap left and right fullbacks... as we need 1/2 midfielders and a sufficient left and right fullback to create the core of our champions League endeavors in the future. Also with our keeper getting league honors we've got him on contract 2 more years... unless we find an awesome young goalie to replace him in the meantime.

The guys leaving us on free transfers were the last of the originals who were unwanted by anyone else just finding their ways back to the lower divisions... Kunchev our former Bulgarian Goalkeeper went to Fiorentina for 3.2 million. Francesco Renzetti was an ok right back who messed up a lot for us, so when interest was high in him we went for 8 million and got 7.5 million so we took it. Peter Pekarik was wanted in spain and the price as right. Those on loan will probably try to leave again thats how it works... no one wants to be a team player.

The Squad - stronger then ever and ready to play

Retirements

Pepe - our 35 year old Portuguese player retired after damaging his Cruciate Ligaments... he's expected to be out for 6-7 more months which made him retire. He's leaving football and we're going to miss him, he play solely in the mdifield this season and did great. In 33 appearances he scored 1 time with 3 assists, got 6 yellow cards and had a 6.98 rating.

Gergely Rudolf - our 33 year old Hungarian has been backup for awhile now and led to his retirement after being unable to find a new club. He played this season 10 times, got 2 goals and 1 assist.

Star Players

Oscar Coronel - Our 23 year old Agentinian Striker had a great year. He played his first international match for Argentina. For us he played 48 times, scoring 25, missed a penalty kick, assisted on 12 goals, had 5 MOM performances and got 7 yellow cards. just keeps on getting better!

Milos Ilko - is one of our 22 year old Slovakian Strikers had a great year too. For his country he played 9 times and got 4 goals with an assist and a MOM performance! For us he played 46 times, got 18 goals, made 3/4 of his penalty kicks, got 10 assists with 2 MOM performances and 13 yellow cards. He can combat and win. He's showing his worth.

Milan Orsula - Our other 22 year old Slovakian Striker was also in great form this season. He played 9 times for his country and scored once. For us he played 47 times, scored 16 goals with 20 assists and 3 MOM performances. He's continueing to prove his worth.

Tarcisio - is our star 20 year old Brazilian playmaker. In 43 games he scored 4 goals and had 22 assists with 4 MOM performances and 8 yellow cards. He's the man who gets the strikers the ball... he's the engine of the team.

Leonidas Ioannou - Is our 22 year old greek defender. He played 5 times for Greece and did well. For us he played 45 matches and scored 10 goals, had 1 assist and 5 MOM performances w/10 yellow cards. When he goes forward his fellow central defender always stays back, its a match made in heaven as they work great.

Antonio Mirante - is our 34 year old Goalkeeper who will be with us for 2 more seasons played in 45 matches conceding 50 goals, had 12 clean sheets and 4 MOM Performances! His days as starting keeper might last this next season, as we have more important positions to solidify, but he earned his starting spot for now.

Upcoming Season

We need a young hot starting Left Fullback, Right Fullback, and 2 great young midfielders before we can think of getting the last addition a great young goal keeper. Otherwise we need to keep good quality secondary players and keep on winning. A double is possible but who knows.

Regensburg First Division 2018-2019 Christmas Break

Shareholders took 5 Million

Oscar Coronel is the Fan's player of the year

Paraguay, Australia, USA, and Scotland all wanted me for their national teams

Season ticket sales went from 8402 to 11245

We added 8850 seats to our stadium

Season expectations - chose Champions League qualification... will go to winner in changing expectations...

45th Richest Club...

World Cup 2018 - Uruguay beat Brazil in penalty kicks... We had 1 player in the World Cup... Broli... 25 million minimum release clause activated by Valencia

German Super Cup - We lost to Dortmund 3-1

German First Division - We are in first place, so far undefeated, leading by 5 points, the season isn't over by any means.

Fixtures - Only hiccup was the German Cup match vs second Division Bochum that went to penalties... Our new goalkeeper blocked 3 penalties :)

European Champions League.... the Group Result speaks for itself.

Champions League Fixtures - We did well and now we face an Intermilan team that lost 7-0 to Rosenborg... We have a chance!

ECC 1st Knockout Round 2018-2019

First Leg - We went to Milan where we coming into the match with a few injuries and Suspensions but the match was very evenly played except for the score 3-1!

2nd Leg - at home we took the early lead again, Inter tied, then we took the lead and held them off for a 2-1 victory... 5-2 on Aggregate.

Next Opponent is Tottenham... if we get past them its either Napoli or Ajax.

ECC Quarterfinal Round 2018-2019

Leg 1 - It was a rough match, got 6 bookings, we didn't give up but we clearly had our backs up against the wall during the match, 2nd leg we'd have to play them better or loose at home... The match ended in a tie 2-2

Leg 2 - The match started out badly but by half time we tied the match 2-2. We made 2 subsitutions, one was a midfielder, the other was our left back and in the second half we exploded on the counter attack. The team performed as I always wanted to, this team is built for this and I hope as they grow older this will be more common... the match ended 6-3 with 8-5 on aggregate.

Next match Napoli.... if we survive I bet another encounter w/Barcelona unless PSG can beat them.

ECC Semifinal Round 2018-2019

1st Leg - Close back n forth battle, I thought we'd pull it off after Napoli went down a man but it didn't happen. 2-2 in the first leg.

2nd Leg - We took the lead in Napoli only to lose it in a lame booking before half time, we couldn't get the winning goal and got another tie... 1-1 which mean 3-3 on aggregate and due to away goals Napoli goes thru.

I'm thrilled we made it this far, this is better then I expected... Napoli ended up losing 3-0 to Barcelona in the final.

Here's the Tree showing the best teams in Europe.

Regensburg First Division 2018-2019 Year End Results

First Division Results - We were in 1st place most of the season, at one point we dropped to 4th as the top 6 at the time were separated by 4 points, but in the en we edge out the result.

Fixtures - besides March/April pretty much a solid performance!

German Cup - Solid performances to win the title.

I am the Manager of the Year as well as the Players Manager of the Year

Finances - 70 Million in da bank.

Aston villa wanted me... not good enough to leave... Tunisia wanted me for their national team... no chance there either.

Facilities and Undersoil Heating are being improved as well. I am now listed as a club Icon.

Team of the Year - Amar Smajlovic, Leonides Ioannou, and Oscar Coronel

First Division Award Winners

Souza 2nd for Players Goalkeeper of the Year

Amar Smajlovic 1st for Players Defender of the Year

Oscar Coronel 1st for Players Striker of the Year

The Transfers - We finished the main recruiting drive now, we have the core of our team that should lead us to Champions League AND World Club Cup Titles in the next few seasons. We imported in 75 million worth of players and sold off 53 million. We flipped one guy within half a year. Got Victor Sanchez in the summer on a free transfer and sold him to Sampdoria for 6 million 6 months later. We'll have to solidify the second team as many are disgruntled and want first team football, unless we find some better young players while trying to create a better secondary team then we'll splurge. Over all I do think Jamelao and Ilko might have to go at some point early for better players, but it shouldn't kill us to keep them, if options appear we'll take them... I think.

The Squad - The Strongest Squad we've ever had. Got 2 players on Minimum Release clauses of $50 Million, at which point I'm sure we could find a suitable replacement. Our secondary squad is thin and can't really handle the rigors of the Bundesliga so we need solid secondary squad to rotate in during Champion League times so we can rest the best. No let up in spending, just working on the second string players now for the most part.

Key Players

Oscar Coronel - Is our 24 year old Argentinian center forward who gets ignored by Argentina but for us is our top Goal Scorer. In 45 matches he scored 20 goals with 10 assists, 7 MOM performances. Still hoping he'd score more goals but at 24 I think there's more to come!

Milan Orsula - Our 23 year old Slovakian striker also didn't perform as well as I thought he should. For his country he scored 3 goals in 8 appearances, for us he played 41 times, scored 19, made 1 out of 4 penalty kicks, assisted 11 times with 2 MOM performances as well as 1 Red card. Hopefully this upcoming season he'll produce more.

Milos Ilko - Is our other 23 year old Slovakian Striker. He didn't score for his country but for us he did ok. In 43 matches he scored 11 goals, had 8 assists and 3 MOM performances. I think if I shake up the offence... he's the first to go...

Tarcisio - Is out 21 year old brazilian playmaker. Not sure if I can hold on to him as we just did a contract renegotiation that is upping the max salary to 37,500/week. Not sure if he's really going to resign, another player with a 50 million release clause. He played in 44 matches, scored 9 goals with 18 assists and 5 MOM performances. I expect him to get even better!

Amar Smajlovic - Our 21 year old Bosnian central defender has exploded this season... He played twice for his country scoring a goal. For us he played 42 times, scored 8 goals with 7 MOM performances and got a red card that was uncalled for. His progression is awesome, he's a great player and will lead us for years to come.

Leonidas Ioannou - Our 23 year old greek central defender is also a star who played 45 matches and scored 5 goals with 4 MOM performances. His partnership with his bosnian teammate is great which makes our defense that much stronger.

Amauri - He's our new 22 year old brazilian left back... I wish my right back was as good, but we'll try to fix that. In 43 matches he scored 1 goal with 9 assists and 4 MOM performances. He's an awesome winger and gets the job done defensively as well. He got 2 assists in our critical Champions League match vs. Tottenham which got the attention of many managers. His assists were well welcomed, and I hope we get more!

Souza - He's our 25 year old brazilian goalkeeper who played in 49 matches, conceding 39 goals with 22 clean sheets with 3 MOM performances. I'm not sure if he'll be number 1 keeper... if find another uber keeper that looks better I won't hesitate. For now he's getting the job done and there probably 2 other positions I'd fill in first... depends on the quality available :)

Overall great progress is being made at the club, our substitutes need upgrading, and we need to see if anyone can be replaced by a superior player at reasonable cost. Also we're going to get a great new Assistant Manager... we picked one out and he rocks.... cross our fingers there. We'll see how many 2nd string players want to leave and replace them, and see if there's anything left to get maybe a new first string players. Time will tell.

Regensburg First Division 2019-2020 Christmas Break

Season Ticket Sales went up from 11245 to 13627 this season

German First Division - is ranked the 5th top league in Europe, down from 4th.

Last Season in the Champions League, Tarcisio was named to the Dream Team. He was also the fan's player of the year.

We picked title challenge at the beginning of season, will change expectations to winning.

German Super Cup - We killed Bayern Munich 4-0.

German First Division - We're winning by 6 points.

Fixtures - speaks for itself.

Champions League Group H - 1st Place

Champions League Match Results - PSG was one of the semi finalists last season in the ECC so to get 2 0-0 ties rocks. Arsenal will be a tough battle but I think we can do it.

Many of our secondary squad already want to leave, hopefully we can overcome it we need the backup squad.

ECC 2020 Update - Regensburg vs Arsenal 1st Knockout Stage

1st Leg - Couldn't of worked out better for us. We were superior in every way, and earned our 3-0 victory at Arsenal.

2nd Leg - Arsenal was getting the better of us but we kept up with them thru half time, making the score 2-2. Second half was all Arsenal and they almost pulled it off, but only beat us 4-2.... which means we win 5-4 on aggregate.

Our next opponent knocked off Barcelona by a similar 5-4 aggregate... Manchester United is next up!

ECC 2020 Update

vs. Manchester United

Quarter Final Leg 1 - At home we played Manchester United in what became a pretty good match in our favor. We scored first, they tied it back, we took the lead and never looked back. We both battled hard but the good guys won 3-2

Second Leg - In the second leg it was all Manchester United the first half, they scored 11 minutes in. Second half we tried and pretty much failed to do much of anything, we got the Penalty kick in the 81st minute, got lucky... score ended up 1-1... 4-3 on aggregate in our favor

Semi Finals vs. Manchester City

First Leg - At home we were going to Manchester City First half ended 0-0 it was pretty hard fought battle... Manchester City took the early lead but we pegged back 3 minutes later. Then in the 75th minute we took the lead and kept it too the end... we won 2-1

Second Leg - A bad tackle started us out bad, as Manchester City took the early lead... before halftime we tied it back... very close to the end of the match they made it 2-1.... with meant we were tied 3-3... and went into overtime... no one scored and it went to penalty kicks... we lost 4-3...

The final saw Manchester City win over Real Madrid.

Regensburg First Division 2019-2020

Athletic Club of Spain wants me - its not a bad offer, but we still have work to do here. When I do leave it'll be to bring up a low level club to the highest highs...

First Division Results - We win the Division again, 6 points separated us from second place.

Fixtures - Our domestic campaign and friendlies turned out very well for the most part

German Cup - Pretty solid performance... The Third Round Matchup was less then perfect since we used our backups to play to keep the team rested for their Champions League Obligations, otherwise we did well.

Finances - 43 million in the bank...

The Squad - got a bit larger this year to shore up the team, should be able to sell a few of them for a decent profit and bring in new ones. Everyone wants to be a starter which leads to a huge turnover

The Transfers - brought in a lot of people to backup the starters, sorting them out, most can leave lol... Our new midfielder Gilmar is a great acquisition, he's a new starter for us in the midfield. Everyone else is a back up. Enrique Lucero came to us for 5 million not long ago, we sold him for 10 million as he requested. Will continue to build up the quality of our second string players.

Team of the year - Souza, Amauri, Amar Smajlovic, Oscar Coronel

First division award winners -

German Players' Goalkeeper of the Year: Souza

German Players' Defender of the Year: Amar Smajlovic, 2nd place Leonidas Ioannu

German Players' Striker of the Year: Oscar Coronel

Key Players

Souza - Our 26 year old Brazillian Goalkeeper ad quite a season. He played his first 5 caps for the Brazillian national team, conceding 2 goals, and 3 clean sheets. For us he played 53 matches in which he conceded 44 goals, had 26 clean sheets and 1 MOM performance. Since he's good enough for Brazil, he's good enough for me

Milan Orsula - Our 24 year old Slovakian striker was our best goal scorer this year. For his country he played 8 times, scoring 5 goals, 1 assist and 1 MOM performance. For us he played 38 times, scoring 26 goals, made 3/4 of his penalty kicks, assisted 11 times, and had 9 MOM performances.

Oscar Coronel - Our 24 year old Argentinian striker did well again this year. He played once for his national team. For us he played 42 times, scoring 23 goals, had 15 assists with 5 MOM performances.

Milos Ilko - Our other 24 year old Slovakian striker didn't do as well as the others did this year. He played 8 times for his national team scoring twice and having 3 assists. For us he played 38 times, scoring 18 goals, was 1 for 1 on penalty kicks, had 6 assists and 4 MOM performances. If I find another hot young striker, he might become backup in the future which is a shame since his stats are damn good.

Tarcisio - is our 22 year old brazillian creative midfielder. Still uncapped but for us played 42 games this season, scored once, and had 17 assists.

Jamelao - is our 25 year old Brazillian right back. He played in 42 matches and had 9 assists with 2 MOM performances. I'm very happy that he participates in our attacks now

Amauri - is our 23 year old Brazillian left back. He played in 40 matches and had 10 assists. Another great defender as well as assister

Amar Smajlovic - Is our 22 year old Bosnian central defender who played in 40 matches, scoring 7 goals, 5 assists and 10 MOM performances!!! Probably the teams star player of the year.

Upcoming Season

Manage the team, sell those who want to leave, bring in better back up players and make a run for the Champions League title again... a year older and better could be the difference this time

Regensburg First Division 2020-2021 Christmas Update

The 2020 European Championships saw England defeating Russia 3-1 in the final!

Amar Smajlovic is the fan's player of the year!

Our season ticket holders went from 13627 to 15164!

Start of Season expectations... I think I went for winner, can't remember.

German First Division - Only 3 points separate First and Second Place. I just captured first place 2 matches before the end of the season, its a tough ride this time.

2020 Fixtures - You can see we didn't do bad at all. German Super Cup was weak, we won on Penalties.

Champions League Group - Indeed first place...

Champion League Fixtures - Other then our Loss against AC Milan we did well. We thrashed Basel at home 6-0. And Yes we face yet ANOTHER English club, this time Liverpool. And before we beat AC Milan at home... They sent me this offer to become their new Manager... Not that bad, but not good enough to give up all this work.

Season Notes:

One of our Key players sold for $17.75 million since we found a better person for the job and he didn't want to be backup... so Intermilan bought him... He's a 22 year old South African, and I paid 0 for him... I have no idea how Karabukspor let him go for nothing, he's already worth 9 million and is superior to the player he replaces... Fortunately he won't miss too much action thanks to the African Cup of Nations.

I bought a new backup striker for $6.75 Million and attribute wise he's not as good as my best... but with injuries and what not he's played 21 times 7 as a substitute... and scored 16 goals, 9 assists, and had 5 MOM performances... If he complains I hope I can send him back to south america cause well I don't want him in Europe lol.

I have another 17 million to play with as well, maybe another great back up acquisition or if he's good enough an upgrade could happen again...

Liverpool is beatable... just ask West Brom, and Tottenham in the League Cup... they're only 3rd place in the Premier League too...

2021 1st Knockout vs. Liverpool

1st Leg - Went to Liverpool where the match didn't get off to the best start... in 8 minutes we were down 1-0. In the second half off a corner kick Amar Smajlovic tied it 1-1 in the 61st minute! Which is how the match ended.

2nd Leg - At home our greek defender couldn't start... so Jerome Boateng was brought in as our substitute which became an utter nightmare when he did a horrible tackle in the 5th minute and got a red card for it. First half ended w/Liverpool getting 4 yellow cards in that time and the match was 0-0. In the 61st minute we got the penalty kick and Milos Ilko got it in... 5 minute later we got another but he hit it wide... In the 88th minute though with the best possession we had in the match outpassed and Milos Ilko got his Brace making it 2-0. Should be noted that Liverpool got 10 yellow cards including a red for a second yellow card. Most Important thing is we advance 3-1 on aggregate.

Tottenham is our next opponent...

2021 Quarterfinal vs. Tottenham

1st Leg - plenty of yellow cards went around in this one... First half went scoreless, second half though Amauri got an awful foul and Stevan Jovetic off the free kick scored... Thankfully Milan Orsula tied it up in the 62nd minute. Bad thing is 4 starters will miss the second leg due to yellow cards and injury....

2nd leg - It was a battle at home, hitting the back of the net was the problem until the 56th minute when Oscar Coronel hit the only goal... winning the match 1-0 and giving us the 2-1 aggregate victory...

AC Milan is our next opponent... we played them twice in the group phase, beat them once 1-0, lost the other 2-1. They also offered me the job to be their manager so I gotta win this one... Winner faces the winner of Barcelona/Athletico Madrid....

Archived