[FM12] Psycho1970's English Regional League System

Psycho1970's English Regional League System

Last year (Nov 2011) I had an idea after seeing on SI games forum a few regional databases floating around and thought about creating a database that would change Europe solely into england ie each nation would become a county with the continent becoming England the other continents would become the other 4 nations of the United Kingdom and the 6th one would be for the larger European nations, however when I realised the amount of time this would take I approached a renowned editor to work with me on this project alas he turned the offer down.

However Last week I had a eureka moment and decided to pick the project up once again albeit on a smaller scale heres how it works -

All 775 Teams from england in the Database have been sorted into their ceremonial counties

Greater London - 68 teams

South East - 171 teams

South West - 97 teams (contains Welsh teams that were in the current League system)

East of England - 114 teams

East Midlands - 83 teams

West Midlands - 76 teams (contains Welsh teams that were in the current League system)

North East - 37

North West - 77

Yorkshire & Humber - 52

Each Ceremonial county has up to 8 leagues, a League Cup and 2 of the counties have a lower league cup and theres a FA Cup competition involving all teams

No team will get promoted or relegated to the wrong ceremonial county league.

To get around the European club competitions qualifying at the end of the season there is a Playoff invoving the 9 Premiership champions with the top 4 entering the Champions League and the following 3 depending on the winner of the FA Cup (gets automatic place) in the Euro Cup.

The top team in the playoff also play the FA Cup winners in the community shield.

And as a pre-season cup I have created the Old Prem Cup, everyone knows that their have only been 4 teams that have won the Premiership but did you know that only 8 teams have been runners up - Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Blackburn all winning and finishing runners up with Liverpool, Aston Villa, Newcastle Utd and counting this years runners up to be ;P Man City.

A little bit of tweaking and a final test should see this uploaded late tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

My idea to turn the world into the United Kingdom is something I'm still interested in doing and will be approaching a few editors to see if there willing to help for a FM13 release, if you would like to take part in this project then PM me and I will give you more details.

Thanks.

Psycho1970

Ps can someone tell me why I cant upload screenshots to this site yet can on others and give me a pointer on how to:confused:

Psycho1970's English Regional League System

A quick Summary

All 775 Teams from england in the 12.2 Database have been sorted into their ceremonial counties

Greater London (London) - 68 teams

South East (SE) -171 teams

South West (SW) - 97 teams (contains Welsh teams that were in the current League system)

East of England (EE) - 114 teams

East Midlands (EM) - 83 teams

West Midlands (WM)- 76 teams (contains Welsh teams that were in the current League system)

North East (NE) - 37

North West (NW) - 77

Yorkshire & Humber (Y&H) - 52

Each Ceremonial county has up to 8 leagues, a League Cup and 2 of the counties have a lower league cup and theres a FA Cup competition involving all teams.

No team will get promoted or relegated to the wrong ceremonial county league.

THE LEAGUE SYSTEM AND CUPS

English Regions Level 1 - The Premiership Leagues

Each ceremonial county listed above has a League consisting of 16 Teams that play each other twice.

At the end of the season to get around the European club competitions qualifying there is a Playoff involving the 9 Premiership champions with the top 4 entering the Champions League and the following 3 depending on the winner of the FA Cup (gets automatic place)entering the Euro Cup.

Relegation - 2 team automatically relegated to the correct Championship league and 1 team relegated via a playoff.

Level 1 Champion of Champions Cup

At the beginning of the following season theres a small cup competition involving all the premiership champions from Level 1.

The teams are split into 3 groups playing each other once with the winner of each group and the 2nd best placed team overall progressing to the semi final (1 leg) and the winners of that going into the final (1 leg) to be crowned Level 1 Champion of Champions.

English Regions Level 2 - The Championship Leagues

Each Ceremonial county has a league consisting of between 16 - 22 teams and plays each other twice.

Promotion - 2 teams automatically and 1 team via a 4 team KO (2legs) playoff are promoted to the correct Premirship League.

Relegation - depending on the size of the league, relegation can vary from 2-3 teams getting relegated automatically and 1 team via a playoff.

Level 2 Champion of Champions Cup

At the beginning of the following season theres a small cup competition involving all the Championship champions from Level 2.

It follows the same format as the Level 1 competition mentioned above.

English Regions Level 3 - The League 1 Leagues

Excluding the North East each Ceremonial county has a league consisting of between 18 -22 teams and plays each other twice.

Promotion -depending on the size of the league promotion can vary from 2-3 teams getting relegated automatically and 1 team via a playoff.

Relegation - depending on the size of the league relegation can vary from 2-3 teams getting relegated automatically and 1 team via a playoff.

Level 3 Champion of Champions Cup

At the beginning of the following season theres a small cup competition involving all the League 1 champions from Level 3.

The teams are split into 2 groups playing each other once with the winner and runner up of each group progressing to the semi final (1 leg) and the winners of that going into the final (1 leg) to be crowned Level 3 Champion of Champions.

English Regions Level 4 - The League 2 Leagues

Excluding the North East and Yorkshire & Humber each Ceremonial county has a league consisting of between 18 -23 teams and plays each other twice.

Promotion -depending on the size of the league promotion can vary from 2-3 teams getting relegated automatically and 1 team via a playoff.

Relegation - depending on the size of the league relegation can vary from 2-3 teams getting relegated automatically and 1 team via a playoff.

Level 4 Champion of Champions Cup

At the beginning of the following season theres a small cup competition involving all the League 2 champions from Level 4.

Due to there being 7 teams involved, this one starts with a KO round involving 2 of the teams, with The winner joining the remaining 5 in 2 group stage playing each other once with the winner and runner up of each group progressing to the semi final (1 leg) and the winners of that going into the final (1 leg) with the winner crowned Level 4 Champion of Champions.

English Regions Level 5 - The Conference Premier Leagues

Involving only South East, South West and East of England Counties each Ceremonial county has a league consisting of between 20 -22 teams and plays each other twice.

Promotion - 3 teams get promoted automatically and 1 team via a playoff.

Relegation - 3 teams get relegated automatically and 1 team via a playoff.

Level 5 Champions Cup of Champions

At the beginning of the following season theres a small cup competition involving all the Conference Premier champions from Level 5.

The teams play in a single League playing each other once with the winner and runner up progressing to final (2 legs) and the winner crowned Level 5 Champion of Champions.

English Regions Level 6 - The Conference League 1 Leagues

Involving only South East and East of England Counties each Ceremonial county has a league consisting of between 20 -22 teams and plays each other twice.

Level 6 Champion of Champions Cup

At the beginning of the following season theres a small cup competition involving all the League 2 champions from Level 6.

Due to there only being 2 teams involved this one is a 2 leg KO round with the winner crowned Level 6 Champion of Champions.

English Regions Level 7 - The Conference League 2 League

Involving South East county it has a league consisting of 22 teams that play each other twice.

English Regions Level 8 - The Conference League 2 League

Involving South East county it has a league consisting of 22 teams that play each other twice.

The League Cups

Each Ceremonial County has a league cup consisting of 6 -7 single KO rounds apart from the semi final which is a 2 leg KO.

Below is a List of Ceremonial counties with the levels of which leagues are involved ie Greater London L1 = Greater London Premiership L2 + Greater London Championship etc

Greater London - L1, L2, L3, L4

South East - L1, L2, L3, L4

South West - L1, L2, L3, L4, L5

East of England - L1, L2, L3, L4

East Midlands - L1, L2, L3, L4

West Midlands - L1, L2, L3, L4

North East - L1, L2

North West - L1, L2, L3, L4

Yorkshire & Humber - L1, L2, L3

The Conference Cups

South East (L5 - L8) and East of England (L5-6) ceremonial counties both have a Conference Cup, leagues that are involved in brackets. 7 single KO rounds in South East and 6 single KO rounds in East of England.

FA Cup

All 775 teams are involved in the FA Cup there are 14 single KO rounds with teams entering at different stages depending on League and club reputation so the likes of Man Utd enter at the 9th stage as they do in real life.

The Old Prem Cup

And as a pre season cup I have created the Old Prem Cup, everyone knows that their have only been 4 teams that have won the Premiership but did you know that only 8 teams have been runners up - Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Blackburn all winning and finishing runners up with Liverpool, Aston Villa, Newcastle Utd and counting this years runners up to be ;P Man City.

DOWNLOAD

PLEASE NOTE - since I wrote those there was an error with the Level 2-6 Champion of Champions Cup where teams were chosen randomly rather than picking the league champions, so for now I have removed the competitions affected.

As soon as I have figured out why, I will fix them and re-upload a version with them included.

Installation

Download file to

C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data

Start Football Manager 2012

Start New Game

In the chose database pop up box check that you have the 1 file enabled at the bottom next to Editor data files,

if you do press OK, if not or you have more or less enabled tick change to the right of enabled, click OK

If you had 1 file enabled you can skip this bit and go to select nations screen, if not your now looking at a list of databases click clear (bottom right of screen) Tick the one named Psycho1970's English Regions league system and click proceed

Now your in the select nation screen, choose the nations you wish to play alongside England

In the new game overview screen choose which level you want to play (loading all Levels with a small database size gives you 13000 players) and advanced options you require, I usually tick add key staff and add players to playable teams to enable a decent amount of players/staff for the smaller clubs

Press Start Game and your ready to Play

ENJOY

Psycho1970

Any issues or Questions please feel free to post in thethread.

Found a minor fault with the Community shield, Due to the fact parent competitions don't record the history even if theres a final play-off it was only picking Man Utd and the FA Cup winner.

I've now changed the format to a group stage involving all Premiership winners only with 3 groups, the winners of the groups and the best placed runner-up will go into the semi-finals with the winners going onto to the final.

Running a holiday test now and if successful will add a similar competition for all Levels.

If for some reason it doesn't work I will abandon the community shield, so no matter what happens this will be available to download this evening.

Something strange has happened, the Level 1 Champion of Champions cup works as it should but the others are picking random teams rather than the league winners though there set up almost identically ???

Now I have a dilemma, if I cant figure out the reason do I leave them in and see if someone else can spot what Im obviously missing or take them out for this version so people can have a 100% (hopefully, as long as I haven't missed anything else) database, as this is getting released tonight no matter what :)

Any feed back ?

One thing I worried about when making this is the reputation gap between teams in their leagues and stadium sizes, so I'm going to make a version with increased rep and stadium capacity changes, this is what I'm thinking -

Premiership Leagues

Minimum rep - 6300 / minimum stadium size 23500 with min attendance 12000

Championship Leagues

Minimum rep - 5500 / minimum stadium size 18500 with min attendance 9000

League 1 Leagues

Minimum rep - 4750 / minimum stadium size 11500 with min attendance 6000

League 2 Leagues

Minimum rep - 3750 / minimum stadium size 9500 with min attendance 4000

Conference Premier Leagues

Minimum rep - 2600 / minimum stadium size 7000 with min attendance 2500

Conference League 1 Leagues

Minimum rep - 1800 / minimum stadium size 4500 with min attendance 1600

Conference League 2 Leagues

Minimum rep - 1000 / minimum stadium size 3000 with min attendance 800

Conference League 3 Leagues

Minimum rep - 500 / minimum stadium size 1500 with min attendance 450

Changed stadiums with 11500 - 18500 to have expansion capacity set at 35000

4500 - 11499 20000

1500 - 4499 10000

your thoughts welcome

thanks :o, what do you think about the proposed changes. Who are you managing and where are you in the table/cups ?

im managing my favourite team hereford in the west midlands first division. and im 4th which i see as good and positive i want to do a few seasons. with the changes i will probz start in the lowest league and work my way up for more of a challenge.

Not sure Blackpool should be in the East of England

Your absolutely right they shouldn't be they should be in the North West, will fix for Version 2.

To explain why there might be some geographical errors, first I used a hotels index website to place teams and used the regional divisions in FM12 before halfway through realizing that some towns were listed in the wrong counties so switched to wikipedia and did town by town but only after already placing 300 odd teams. Anyone else spotted any other teams misplaced ?

Your absolutely right they shouldn't be they should be in the North West, will fix for Version 2.

To explain why there might be some geographical errors, first I used a hotels index website to place teams and used the regional divisions in FM12 before halfway through realizing that some towns were listed in the wrong counties so switched to wikipedia and did town by town but only after already placing 300 odd teams. Anyone else spotted any other teams misplaced ?

fleetwood should be north west and not south west

boreham wood should be in london i feel

skelmersdale should be north west and not south east

Fleetwood - North west

Skelmersdale - North West

Boreham wood - East of England (they are on the border but wiki has them down as East of England)

What I'm going to do is leave the update for a week Saturday (starting date) to allow any other mistakes to be seen. I will try and go through them again but with 775 teams thats a lot of checking so if theres anyone willing to check teams from a region then that would help a great deal just post what region before you begin, if a team is wrong then post which region they should be in and the region they currently in, some teams play in a different town/city than there name suggests so give a reason why they should be moved as I chose based them according to where there stadium is.

Thanks..

North West Checked, 3 mistakes found :(

Stavesley MW - New Region East Midlands

Sunderland RCA - New Region North East

Silsden - New Region Yorkshire

East Midlands Checked, 3 mistakes and 1 split decision

Grimsby - New Region Yorkshire

Morecambe - New Region North West

Royston New Region East of England

Sheffield FC - Club formed in Yorkshire but currently based in East Midlands, due to sheffield Utd & Wednesday playing in yorkshire and the club was formed by fans of both Utd & Wed clubs - New Region Yorkshire

249 clubs checked so far with 8 clubs to be amended

Now Checking West Midlands

London checks out fine

South East

Banbury i would put into West midlands

Molesey to London

Carterton to West Midlands

Shrivenham to West Midlands

Just suggestions :)

thanks for checking them, saved me a bunch of time, anytime you need help with anything give us a shout, and if you want a custom db built or a team adding/enhanced ie real players/staff adding to this one more than happy to do it:)

Keynsham Town should be in the South West, but they don't appear at all. Could they be added please, possibly to make up the numbers as Fleetwood have been removed? I'm sure that there are teams below them in the pyramid appear in the game. Thanks

Keynsham Town should be in the South West, but they don't appear at all. Could they be added please, possibly to make up the numbers as Fleetwood have been removed? I'm sure that there are teams below them in the pyramid appear in the game. Thanks

supply me with team/stadium details and I'll put them in, that goes for anyone that wants their local club in, will only be basic details though, no players/staff don't have the time for that

All teams now in correct regions, now resorting leagues/comps and hopefully fixing champion of champions cup for lower levels.

Version 2 will be out within 24 hours (hopefully this evening all going well)

A 3rd version will be released with reputation and stadium upgrades (see post 15) and if anyone wants teams adding then more teams as well, the cut of point for supplying teams info is midnight Friday.

Anyone wanting a team must supply the info needed and they must be an active team (no teams that no longer exist or are a figment of your imagination :p

Info required is :-

Team Name

Region

City

stadium

stadium capacity

kit colours

I wont be adding players and staff as this takes to long and all new teams will enter at the lowest level so don't go asking for them to be put in the premier leagues.

supply me with team/stadium details and I'll put them in, that goes for anyone that wants their local club in, will only be basic details though, no players/staff don't have the time for that

They should already be in the SI Database. However,

Team Name Keynsham Town

Region South West

City Bristol

stadium Crown Field

stadium capacity 1000

kit colours (H) Amber Shirts with a single black hoop, Black Shorts, Amber and Black Socks (A) Blue Shirts with a single white Hoop, Blue Shorts, Blue and White Socks.

Finished Version 2, however I am reluctant to release it due to believing someone is using my research in their database and which they have taken the idea from my first post.

Now I don't mind people using my research or ideas to create their own but what I do mind is that they don't have the courtesy to a) ask to use the research b) credit the person who did the research and finally c) claim to have come up with the idea, yet their first thread on it was 5 days after mine and the fact that they cant get all nations to work together due to the fact they've built all nation rules from the same file, which I suspect is my original.

So I'm sorry to the people that have been waiting for this update but until they release theirs and or publish their 1st attempt this will be kept to myself.:mad:

Get some proof before you start accusing people. Mine is completely different to yours mate!

All of it is my own work!

You want me to send you the file I originally tried to build the editor files from as proof? Seriously mate, I was on here telling you I was impressed with your thread.

I know it's nothing like your file, as I have had to change the nationalities of players, clubs etc... you didn't.

Deluded? I don't know the details here, but the primary reason I backed away from the editing scene was people passing off my work as their own.

Tip: Always insert an easter egg or two in to your edits, so that you can prove your work is your own. I always added a few token referees ;)

Psycho you have to calm down fella

You are deluded to think that someone has stolen your work

LOL , I've never said he's stolen my work, its the fact Glenn may have used my research without giving credit, but hopefully were going to resolve this very soon

Deluded? I don't know the details here, but the primary reason I backed away from the editing scene was people passing off my work as their own.

Tip: Always insert an easter egg or two in to your edits, so that you can prove your work is your own. I always added a few token referees ;)

I used to add a little extra to mine but have been a bit slack recently doing this, however with this Db there are a few errors so should be easy to spot if my research has been used and to add its a shame you've backed off as your level 11 Db was superb and was greatly missed last year, though good to see Gason and co are on the right tracks with it this year and Uncle Rons is on par with yours but doesn't go down far enough.

Archived