Best way to make many changes to multiple nations?

naxself

I've been running into problems re-doing CONCACAF so I got to thinking that it might be the way I've set it up. What I'm wondering is: what's the best way to make many, many changes to many, many nations?

For reference, I've been making all the changes in one big file, then adding nation rules when I'm done. In theory, this shouldn't be causing any conflicts but I've been getting one over and over that I've been too annoyed to look further into for the last week or so.

Anyway, any advice/suggestions is appreciated.

Cheers.

Last year (FM11) To make multiple changes to nations using a template Db was the way to go to avoid conflicts however this year it seems it causes more problems than it solves as you've discovered. Each nation has to be built separately this year and as long as there are no conflicts within the nations ie your not using the same competitions or have team/people changes across the Dbs or have team/people changes this is the way to go this year. Continent and international files should be built using as few database changes as possible though if you've changed a nations continent or a teams nation then these change should be duplicated in said files. Hope that helps.

Make sure the nation rules files do not contain any database changes. Also, make sure the file that contains all of the changes gets loaded by FM first (It should be the first file in the configuration list in FM).

Make sure the nation rules files do not contain any database changes. Also, make sure the file that contains all of the changes gets loaded by FM first (It should be the first file in the configuration list in FM).

How do you make database changes and yet have a file with nation rules that doesn't contain said database changes?

The way I've been doing it is to make all the changes in one file, then add nation rules to separate files. That is, to make 5000 database changes, for example, then copy that and make each nation rules file. So, I'll have, for example, a file for the USA, a file for Canada, and a file for Jamaica, each with 5000 database changes. The only difference would be the individual nation rules.

Last year (FM11) To make multiple changes to nations using a template Db was the way to go to avoid conflicts however this year it seems it causes more problems than it solves as you've discovered. Each nation has to be built separately this year and as long as there are no conflicts within the nations ie your not using the same competitions or have team/people changes across the Dbs or have team/people changes this is the way to go this year. Continent and international files should be built using as few database changes as possible though if you've changed a nations continent or a teams nation then these change should be duplicated in said files. Hope that helps.

I think that helps. What you're saying to make the large changes first (i.e., renaming nations) so they're common across all files. Then, in each file do the individual nations without duplicating UIDs. That sounds like how FM 10 worked.

EDIT: When I'm creating the nations, should I add anything to them? That is, should I add the cities and clubs or just do that in the individual nation files?

Archived