How is wage demand calculated?

However 'milnerpoint' you are suggesting that the player is not accepted due to 'ego'. Which implies that emotions of this nature are coded in the game.

No no i'm not suggesting ego at all, the game definitely will not simulate ego to the manor we think. The game works off numbers, not emotions. I was mearly putting the situation into a context you could relate to real life. He has not left your club because of ego, and he did not turn down a smaller contract because of ego.

@BobDBuilder: Fined him once, albeit your points stands as I would have fined him further if he wouldn't have accepted mutual termination.

@x42bn6: That amount would be termination of contract, no? Mutual termination is basically 'free'. The bottom option when you click on it, I was even surprised to see a fee.

Mutual termination isn't supposed to be free... Basically, if it is in the interests of both the player and club for the player to leave ("mutual"), it will cost you less money to terminate their contract. Here, it is clearly not in Uche's interests to terminate the contract, so mutual termination and contract termination should be about the same.

With FM12 I find it strange how the players know exactly how much your wage budget is.

Example: lots of times I have tried to sign a player and they always ask for a bit more than I can offer.

I.e. Just now I've been trying to sign a midfielder from Cheseterfield, who's on £2.8k a week.

I have an offer accepted and he wants £4.5k a week, but I can only offer £3.8k.. after lots of negotiating he comes down to £3.8k but he wants loads of stupid addons/ high loyality/ agent fee.

So I reject the offer, go to the board room and adjust my transfer budget onto the wage budget, so I can offer him the £4.5k he wanted.

Then I make another offer for the player, and now all of sudden, he's asking for £5.75k a week! So after more negotiating I can only get it down to 4.4k a week this time, with all the stupid addons etc.

So I changed my budget once again, then make another offer for him, and now he wants £7k a week.

I give up with how the FM tansfer system works sometimes, he's gone from wanting £4.5k (reduced to £3.8k with addons) to wanting £7k (reduced to £5.7k with addons)

He must be in contact with somebody on our financial side of the club. :p

It seems your better off having a smaller wage budget if you want to keep things low, because the players know how much your wage budget is, and will demand more if it's bigger.

I have seen the same as OP.

I had a guy who was my star striker, but I couldn't pay what he wanted to extend his contract (he wanted ~10 times more than current deal), so I sold him. Now he is 1 or 2 divisions higher, but at wages less than what he had. It doesn't make sense to go up a level or 2 and then take a wage cut.

I have seen the same as OP.

I had a guy who was my star striker, but I couldn't pay what he wanted to extend his contract (he wanted ~10 times more than current deal), so I sold him. Now he is 1 or 2 divisions higher, but at wages less than what he had. It doesn't make sense to go up a level or 2 and then take a wage cut.

This one I don't think is a huge problem, but is just unlikely - in the sense that a league one or two levels up should be paying you more in general, with a few exceptions (i.e. youth players who would prefer to stay in a lower league because there's less opportunities at a higher league).

It does depend on things like his squad status with the new club and his age, of course, but I don't think this one is necessarily a huge bug.

I do think there is a severe ego problem or just expectation mismatch, though, as he wanted 10 times more than his current deal but took a wage cut instead.

Archived