Norn Iron Filings

ron6632

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Progress Chart Åsane 2019

1st o o
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd oo oooo o oo
3rd ooo o oo oo
4th oo
5th o o
6th
7th o
8th
9th o
10th
11th
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12th
13th
14th

Game 14 FP-LA3 (h) v Randaberg 0-4 Engen (46), Karttunen (52, 60, pen 68) att 307

They sit in 4th in a tight top end of the league. Both sides have chances in an even first half, it is them that take the lead though, as our defence switches off completely at the start of the 2nd half not once, not twice, but three times. We even give away a penalty to compound the disaster. A disgraceful performance that drops us to 2nd and revenge for the side we beat 4-0 away on the opening day.

Game 15 FP-LA3 (a) v Vidar 2-0 Bjornsson (10), Kilpinen (62) att 108

They sit mid-table as we look to bounce back from the previous mauling. We start well and take the lead when Bjornsson sneaks the ball in past the keeper at his near post. We score our second in the 2nd half when Kilpinen heads home from a corner. We remain in 2nd.

Game 16 FP-LA3 (h) v Vard 0-1 Ness (6) att 327

Another mid-table side comes calling. They take the lead on the counter-attack, with my oh so fragile defence all at sea. We dominate the rest of the game but our play in the final third is shocking. Another dreadful home defeat, although we do stay in 2nd.

Game 17 FP-LA3 (h) v Voss 1-1 M Johansen (74) - Kilpenen (o.g. 83) att 315

Must win game against a team just above the relegation places. It takes us 73 minutes and 10 chances to open the scoring, a fine long shot by Johannson. they equalise through an O.G. from a cross. We have 63% possession, they have 1 shot on target. I'm furious but we stay in 2nd.

Game 18 FP-LA3 (a) v Sola 3-0 Rozhat (2), Saltvig (46), Dale (77) att 49

They are in the relegation zone - anything other than a win and players will be hit in their pokiest. Rozhat scores his first goal of the season from the kick off to settle my nerves. Saltvig comes on at half time and scores from the kick off to make it 2-0. Dale heads a third from a freekick to make it safe. The result keeps us in 2nd.

Youth intake crap - only one player at 3 start potential.

Game 19 FP-LA3 (a) v Lov-Ham 0-0 att 707

We visit the league leaders in what is a potential promotion decider. We suffer against a particularly biased ref. We finish the game with four players carried off and one sent off for a second yellow. I am glad to take a point which drops us to 3rd and 5 points off the lead.

Game 20 FP-LA3 (a) v Notodden 2-0 J Tamm (61), Schmitz (86) att 209.

We travel to 4th place needing a win to close the gap at the top to 3 points. Due to injury and suspension I am forced into deploying a more traditional 4-4-2. A poor 1st half see no goals. Joonas Tamm opens the scoring midway through the 2nd with a thundering volley from a corner that nearly takes the net off the goal. Dale gets himself sent off for being last man, but we manage to extend our lead, Schmitz heading home a corner. A hard 3 pts won, that moves us to 2nd.

League Table

FairPlay-ligaenAvdeling3Overview_Stages-3.png

Game 21 FP-LA3 (h) v Algard 1-2 Ojamma (45+2) - Farooq (27), Knudsen (72) att 310

The visitors sit 1 place and 1 point outside the relegation zone. Another must win game, but I worry due to our poor recent home form. Inevitably we go one down midway through the 1st half with their first effort on goal. Ojamaa gets the equaliser in 1st half injury time with a calm finish. They score again from a freekick - their 2nd shot at goal. We finish the game with 64% possession and only conceded 2 shots at goal. The results drops us to 3rd and effectively ends our promotion hopes with 5 games left.

Game 22 FP-LA3 (a) v Mandalskameratene 2-1 Bjornsson (71), J Tamm (90+2) - Kvikve (73) att 481

We visit another side languishing in the lower half of the table with our promotion dreams in tatters. In a game that we just about edge, Bjornsson gives us a lead halfway through the 2nd half. MK, who have not been in the game at all equalise immediately - I feel like the game is in you are not allowed to win mode again. Joonas Tamm redeems us with a thunderbolt in injury time. 3 vital points leaves us in 3rd, 6 points behind the leaders with 4 games left.

Game 23 FP-LA3 (h) v Kopervik 1-0 H Tamm (39) att 303

The visitors lye in the relegation zone. Another must win game. Hannes Tamm fires us into a late 1st half lead in a game that we again are dominating. Despite our best efforts we just cannot find the elusive goal. We are never in any real danger though and see out the game comfortably for our first home win in 5 attempts. We move back to 2nd and with leaders Lov-Ham drawing we are 4 points behind with 3 to play.

Game 24 FP-LA3 (a) v Nest-Sotra 2-0 Schmitz (52), Hogetveit (o.g. 58) att 127

A difficult away tie against a solid mid-table side. An end to end game with chances for both sides finishes level at the break. Schmitz beats the keeper to an up and under freekick to give us the lead early in the second half. A defensive mix up after good play by Joonas Tamm gifts us a second vain an o.g. The win keeps our slim hopes alive as we remain in 2nd, 4 points behind with 2 to play.

Game 25 FP-LA3 (a) v Fana 0-3 Hermansen (45+3), Iversen (64), Lundby (83) att 467

Our penultimate fixture sees us away at rivals Fana who are in 6th. We have to win and hope Lov-Ham lose to stand any chance of promotion. Once again we suffer at the hands of a biased referee, Joonas Tamm being sent off at the end of the 1st half. We go on to lose a goal in injury time. It is all over halfway through the 2nd half when no2 goes in. They add a third late on to confirm another year in the 2nd division. With Lov-Ham winning the result was irrelevant as they claimed the title with a 4-0 win. We drop to a guaranteed 3rd, a point behind 2nd.

Game 26 FP-LA3 (h) v Ardal 3-1 Saltvig (31), Moberg (55), Schmitz (77) - Maeland (75) att 356

Ardal sit 2nd bottom of the league. We are needing a win to secure a runners up spot. The ref from the previous game managed to knock out 5 players for this game. Saltvig gives us the lead, nicking in front of the keeper to head home. Moberg makes it 2 early in the 2nd half with a good finish. They score from nothing with 15 minutes to go as we start to look nervous. Schmitz restores the lead with a fine header shortly after. 2nd place Vard win, meaning we finish 3rd in the division.

Final Table

FairPlay-ligaenAvdeling3Overview_Stages-1.png

Season Review

A season that was ultimately one of disappointment. We performed for most of the season, but just flagged at the end - mainly due to our home form which was pretty appalling towards the end.

Tight budgets meant that I really had to work with what I had. I am very aware of how poor my strike force has been this season, and I obviously have concerns for next year. My defence performed (with one or two exceptions) far better than expected, although I do need to add at least one player for quality cover.

Key Players

Rauno Ojamaa - The left winger was superb all season, creating and scoring. Has been looked at for the full Estonia National aqua.

Kjetil Knudsen - Played mainly as a DM and has been a rock for us. Does the dirty work really well, but also can drive the team forward with his distribution. Sorely missed when not in the side.

Magnuss Bjornsson - My other winger, the Iclandic is the top scorer this season and has weighed in with some important assists.

Truls Sandven - The youngster has been superb at left back. The team is always worse off without him and he has become a first choice when fit.

Competitions

2nd Division (Gp 3) - 3rd

Norwegian Cup - 2nd Round

Awards

2nd Div (Gp 3) Top scorer - Joachim Karttunen 21 (Randaberg)

Summary

Winners:- Lov-Ham

Runners Up:- Vard

Relegated:- Kopervik, Ardal, Sola

Top Goalscorer:- 21 - Joachim Karttunen (Randaberg)

Most Assists:- 11 - Herve Traore (Lov-Ham)

Highest Average Rating:- 7.58 - Joachim Karttunen (Randaberg) (24 apps)

Overachievers:- Asane

Underperformera:- Notodden

Asane player of the year:- Rauno Ojamaa

Season Preview

Board Want -

Mid Table

2nd round of the cup.

I want -

A promotion push

During the close season I trim the squad while bringing in some young potential. I am looking for a title push with a fairly settled squad which I feel is entirely possible.

Game 1 FP-LA3 (h) v Fana 3-1 Gooderham (o.g. 36), Ojamaa (pen 61), Kilpinen (70) - Hermansen (67) att 626

A bumper crowd turns up to see us play our rivals in the 1st game of the season. We take the lead when a tackle on Joonas Tamm goes horribly wrong and trickles past the keeper and into the net. Ojamaa extends the lead from the spot but they manage to pull one back soon after. Kilpinen seals the win battering home a after Schmitz heads back across goal from a corner. We go 2nd.

Game 2 FP-LA3 (a) v Randaberg 3-1 Putans (19, 60), Ojamaa (pen 87) - Sandven (o.g. 45+1) att 340

The last time we played Randaberg we lost 4-0. I returned to the 4-1-2-2-1 that had served us so well last season. Putans scores his 1st for the club, turning in a low Ojamma cross. They equalise in 1st half injury time when Hansen turns out a cross which rebounds off the defender and is fired into the net by Sandven in a desperate attempt to clear. Putans scores his 2nd from a through ball which is well finished and we end the scoring when Ojamaa thumps home a late penalty. Of particular pleasure was the poor performance of contract rebel Dale who had refused to re-sign and had joined Randaberg in the close season. We stay in 2nd.

Game 3 FP-LA3 (a) v Nest-Sotra 1-2 Bjornsson (51) - Skaane (45+1, pen 90+4) att 173

We visit a side sitting in the relegation zone with only 1 point from two games. We are the better side but it's them that takes the lead in 1st half injury time. Bjornsson gets us back on terms after a fine team move. We lose the game to a dubious penalty in the 4th minute of injury time - they score their 2nd with their second effort on target. We should have won this game, instead we come away with nothing. We stay in 2nd.

Game 4 FP-LA3 (h) v Fyllingen 4-2 Tamm (25,50), Ojamaa (64), Johansen (85) - Jakobsen (4), Haugen (62) att 843

Another game against a rival team. We lose an early goal and struggle to get into the game until Joonas Tamm stabs in from a cross. He gets his 2nd right after the break, firing home from a superb team move. We concede an equaliser out of nothing when they turn in a freekick but Ojamaa scores from the restart. He taps in after Joonas Tamm's shot rebounds from the post. We make the points safe when Johansen thunders a long shot in off the stanchion with 5 minutes to go. Good performance that puts us top.

Game 5 FP-LA3 (a) v Sandnes Ulf 0-2 Halling (pen 37), Ulseth (66) att 414

Sandnes sit in 4th. We are dreadful and thoroughly deserve the defeat from goals in each half, the first from a penalty. We drop to 5th in quite possibly the teams worst performance so far.

Game 6 FP-LA3 (h) v Mandalskameratene 5-1 Bjornsson (10), J Tamm (46), Schmitz (62), Borge (83), Ojamaa (85) - Poulsen (5) att 315

They sit in a relegation place so I am looking for a good win. We fall behind when the stand in keeper makes a complete hash of an easy back header to leave the striker with a tap in. Bjornsson heads us level a few minutes later and it stays that way until half time. Joonas Tamm gives us an early 2nd half lead with a clever finish then Schmitz's diving header makes it 3. Borge adds a 4th with a shot on the turn before Ojamaa slides a late 5th for a very convincing victory that moves us to 3rd.

Game 7 FP-LA3 (a) v Jerv 5-2 Schmitz (13, 28, 71), J Tamm (36), Putans (51) - Hatlo (o.g. 32), Haugstad (48) att 474

We travel to the division new boys who are sitting in an impressive 6th. It is an even start in an end to end game in which we take the lead, Schmitz heading in a corner. He goes on to score a 2nd with a diving header from a freekick. From the restart Hatlo nods in an own goal under no pressure. We make amends when Joonas Tamm deflects the ball into the net via his backside. They pull one back after half time as my defence switches off from a cross ball. Putans again restores our lead with a fine finish from a Borge through ball, then Schmitz seals his hat-trick from another corner. A great away performance - the only downside - 3 players taken off injured. The win moves us to 1st.

Game 8 FP-LA3 (a) v Voss 3-0 Arild (o.g. 2), Schmitz (45+2), Kilpinen (79) att 146

They sit firmly in the relegation zone making it vital that we win this away game. We strike early when Kilpenens header is turned into his own net by a defender. Schmitz keeps his remarkable run of goalscoring going, brilliantly volleying in a corner in 1st half injury time. Kilpenen extends the lead from another corner to make the game safe in the second half. We stay in 1st.

Game 9 FP-LA3 (h) v Vindbjart 3-0 Bjornsson (32), Borge (60), Pohlak (85) att 323

We can really assert our title ambitions at home against the team lying in 3rd place. We start nervously conceding a penalty which Hansen saves well. We grow into the game and Bjornsson finishes off a brilliant move in style. Borge heads home a cross midway through the 2nd half as we turn the screw. Pohlak scores his first for the club with a neat finish towards the end to cap another fine performance. We remain in 1st and have opened a 4 point gap.

Game 10 FP-LA3 (h) v Vard 2-0 Sandvik (o.g. 36), Borge (85) att 333

We play a side that we have only beaten twice in 12 attempts. They lie in 7th. It is an even game with few chances until an Ojamaa header rebounds off the bar then keeper to put us ahead. We have to wait until the last five minutes when Borge seals the win, skipping past a defender and firing past the keeper. The win keeps us in 1st and I begin to believe that we could go all the way this season.

Game 11 FP-LA3 (a) v Vidar 0-1 Stray (65) att 160

A vital match for us against a side that is lying in 3rd place. We lose to a 65th minute header despite creating plenty of good chances. 1 shot on target out of 11 is just not acceptable. We stay in 1st.

Game 12 FP-LA3 (h) v Algard 1-1 Sandven (33) - Berntsen (88) att 321

They lie in 4th place, again making this an important game. We take the lead when a Sandven cross flies inadvertently into the net. As is the way with FM you completely dominate a game, create loads of chances that the strikers spoon wide or over the bar, and fall victim to a late goal. This was no exception and I could feel this one happening from early in the 2nd half. They equalise in the last minute with their only shot on target. Oh, did I mention it was offside as well? With 2nd place not playing for another 24 hours we stay top - for the moment.

Game 13 FP-LA3 (a) v Orn Horten 1-2

In a poor game we fall behind at the start of the 2nd half. gusted comes on and scrambles a goal home via the post. They win the game from a corner, heading home unmarked. We drop to second.

Game 14 FP-LA3 (a) v Fana 4-0 Bjornsson (51,71,80), J Tamm (76) att 374

We start the 2nd half of the season away and in 2nd place. We completely control the opening stages doing everything other than scoring. Bjornsson eventually puts us in the lead, tapping in to an open goal after Borge cuts it back. He gets his 2nd after intercepting a poor pass to have a free run at goal. Joonas Tamm makes it the, brilliantly controlling a punt over the top to knock it past the keeper an tap in. His turn and shot is the parried out to Bjornsson, who gleefully completes his hattrick. The win over our rivals keeps us 2nd.

League Table

FairPlay-ligaenAvdeling3Overview_Stages-2.png

Game 15 FP-LA3 (h) v Randaberg 3-1 J Tamm (24), Schmitz (43), Borge (79) - Alstad (83) att 317

Although we beat Randaberg away, both this and the previous season, there are no guarantees of a result. They beat us 4-0 at our place last year so I am cautious about this game. It is end to end stuff with both sides creating half chances until a brilliant through ball allows Joonas Tamm slot home. Schmitz makes it 2 tapping in from about a yard after a scramble in the box. Sub Borge seals the win after latching on to a through ball and thumping it home. They pull one back, undeservedly so, late on with a fine finish to blot our copybook. The win puts us top, at least until Sandnes play later.

Game 16 FP-LA3 (h) v Nest Sotra 2-1 J Tamm (5), Borge (79) - Gundersen (76) att 313

We lost the away fixture against Nest, who are now in a deep relegation battle, sitting 13th in the table. We take an early lead after a brilliant counter-attack is thundered home off the bar by Joonas Tamm. They get an equaliser with 15 to go as we fail to capitalise on our chances. Borge glances in from a cross though to restore our lead. We are awarded a penalty deep in injury time that Ojamma proceeds to miss. A vital win though that keeps us 2nd.

Game 17 FP-LA3 (h) v Sandnes Ulf 1-1 Bjornsson (9) - Stangeland (88) att 365

The league leaders visit us in what could be a title decider. They are only 1 point ahead of us. We get in front early, a speculative Bjornsson header turned in off the post. We soak up a lot of pressure and Kilpinen gives away a stupid penalty, only for it to be missed. Borge then has a goal chopped off for offside. Bjornsson is then sent off for his second booking. They get their equaliser with a minute left. We come away with a point the keeps us in the hunt. We stay 2nd.

Game 18 FP-LA3 (a) v Fyllingen 3-0 Kilpinen (22), Putans (77), Ojamaa (pen 81) att 335

We beat our rivals 4-2 in the 1st game at home. Kilpinen gives us the lead from a corner and despite our best efforts in the first half, we can't add to it. Putans settles my nerves with a fine finish after a long ball over the top with the game running towards its end. Ojamaa slots home a penalty a few minutes later to seal the points. The win puts us top, at least temporarily.

Game 19 FP-LA3 (a) v Mandalskameratene 4-2 J Tamm (12), Borge (84, 90+3), Kilpinen (88) att 496

We go one down within seconds in this game. Joonas Tamm wanders through their defence to score a superb equaliser. They take the lead again, midway through the second half. Borge taps in after a fine short passing move to get us back on terms late in the game then Kilpinan puts us ahead moments later from a corner. Borge seals a remarkable win deep in injury time with a fine finish as MK push forward. We remain in 1st, thanks to this deserved, if a little shaky win.

Game 20 FP-LA3 (h) v Jerv 1-0 Ojamaa (34) att 343

The new boys are performing well in the division, sitting mid-table. We make heavy weather of the game but we take the lead when Ojamaa fires home from a corner. We are poor in this game and fortunate to take the win, a very valuable 3 points.

Game 21 FP-LA3 (a) v Vindbjart 5-0 Kilpinen (8), H Tamm (11), J Tamm (33), Ojamaa (pen 48), Pohlak (87) att 174

They sit in the relegation zone and are fighting for their lives. Kilpinen heads us in front from a corner after a steady start. Hannes Tamm adds a second a few minutes later after bursting forward from midfield. Joonas Tamm then thunders the ball into the side of the net to make it 3 from an Ojamaa cross and we are cruising at half time. We get a penalty right after half-time and Ojamaa buries it to ensure my Estonian contingent all score in the same game. Pohlak, my other Estonian, comes off the bench to thunder one home late in the game. 5-0 was a well deserved result - made in Estonia! We stay top.

League Table

FairPlay-ligaenAvdeling3Overview_Stages-3-1.png

Game 22 FP-LA3 (h) v Voss 4-0 J Tamm (9, 51), Borge (63), Putans (90+2) att 324

Bottom side Voss come calling - with Sandnes only 1 point behind this is another make or break game. Joonas Tamm scores his 10th of the season with a fine turn and shot after we nearly gift Voss the lead. We dominate the game but find Voss difficult to break down, our finishing poor when we do create an opening. Joonas Tamm though gets his and our second, finishing well after a superb passing move. Borge makes it three to secure the points, collecting an Ojamaa cross and finishing easily. Putans makes it 4 at the death, expertly taking the ball round the keeper. A well deserved win that keeps us just ahead in the title race.

Game 23 FP-LA3 (a) v Vard 1-1 Borge (64) - Nilsen (15) att 550

The first of two huge away games in what is now a two horse race. Vard sit in 3rd making this a very hard match indeed. We are poor and fall behind after 15 minutes from a freekick and are lucky just to be one down at half-time. We are better 2nd half, and a determined Borge gets the leveller with a fine effort that takes a lucky deflection. Kilpinen could win it at the end, but he somehow batters the ball off the post. I am happy with a point, though but Sandnes win to put them top with three to go. The Kilpinen miss could be crucial at the end!

Game 24 FP-LA3 (a) v Algard 5-0 Bjornsonn (32), Kilpinen (31), Hatlo (45+5), Lyse (50), Borge (82) att 174

Another tough away game that will prove vital. We control the game well, and the opening goal eventually comes when Bjornsson taps in from a well worked throw in. Kilpinen makes it 2 from a corner before hall-time then full-back Hatlo scores with a fantastic effort off the bar, his first for the club. After the break my other fullback Lyse gets in on the act, heading home a deep cross. Borge gets a tap in after a quite superb move as we romp home at the end of the match. A superb victory that keeps us in the hunt. 1 point in it with two to play.

Game 25 FP-LA3 (h) v Vidar 3-2 Schmitz (34, 45+2), Ojamaa (74) - Schmitz (o.g. 44), Refvik (70) att 369

Vidar sit in 7th and could prove tricky opposition. In a game that we dominate Schmitz nods us in front from a freekick. Then it all starts going wrong. A player is sent off, and just as it looks like we have cleared the danger after a defensive lockup, Schmitz turns the ball into his own net. He goes on to get an unusual hat-trick, heading home a corner in first half injury time. They get a 2nd equaliser from a corner. Ojamaa fires home as we retake the lead and we hang on to take a deserved and vital win. With Sandnes winning 7-0 at home, the race goes to the wire. We have to better their result in the final game to take the title.

Game 26 FP-LA3 (h) v Orn Horten 2-1

The title decider! The previous game left me with three players out for this tie and I am forced into a 4-4-2. They take the lead 15 minutes in with a lucky strike. Ojamaa gets the equaliser after a well worked freekick. Ojamaa wins the game in injury time, but the result is irrelevant as Sandnes win at home to claim the title. We finish 2nd in the league, only a point behind the winners.

Final Table

FairPlay-ligaenAvdeling3Overview_Stages-4.png

So close, next year surely.
Abulezz[/b ]Hard luck coming in 2nd in the League!

Cheers Guys. I have have a sneaky feeling next year might be a half decent one!

Season Review

Ultimately a season of disappointment, despite our finishing place in the league. It sounds harsh, and it is, the players performing superbly for most of the season. In the end it was our early blip that cost us dear and a couple of games where a win or draw was in our grasp that we let go. I can't take anything away from Sandnes though. We went the second half of the season undefeated, only dropping 4 points! The fact that Sandnes held on means that they probably deserved the title.

I am pleased with the squad development though. I now have a good nucleus of players, and while the squad is small, I have great flexibility in terms of positions that each player can play. One or two additions during the close season I feel should be enough to get through all but the worst crisis. I have also picked up one or two promising youngsters who will soon be on the fringes of the first team.

Key Players

Andreas Hansen - The keeper had 9 clean sheets and conceded only 23 in 25 this season. He is still only 22. He should be my first choice for years to come.

Erik Hatlo - My right full back probably has the worst stats in my 1st team and at 31 goes against my better judgment in using older players. He has been a rock for us this season and we seem to perform worse without him. An average of 7.20 shows how good he has been. I hope he has one more season like that in him.

Espen Schmitz - Centre back with a rating of 7.50. Has been a rock at the back and has weighed in with a hefty 8 goals. More to come from him, although he is ageing now at 30.

Jimmy Gullvag - A young DM cast off from Start who only really plays in my 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Solid, unspectacular, breaks up play and a mean passer he is now the beating heart of the team.

Hannes Tamm - Another young player and one of a growing number of Estonians. Doesn't score many, but his 14 assists last year (most from corners) shows just how important he is, along with his rating of 7.32 Has been capped once at U-21 level.

Magnus Bjornsson - Plays to the right of my attacking 3. 8 goals and 9 assists helped us on our way. Quick player who terrorises the opposition with his running. Could improve his crossing though.

Rauno Ojamaa - Club captain at 20, the young Estonian is a huge prospect and forms the left hand side of my attacking 3. Scored 10 and created 7 he has the ability to cause havoc to defences. Has picked up 4 full caps for his country.

Competitions

2nd Division (Gp 3) - 2nd

Norwegian Cup - 1st Round

Awards

2nd Div (Gp 3) Top scorer - Atle Ulseth 13 (Sandnes Ulf)

Summary

Winners:- Sandnes Ulf

Runners Up:- Asane

Relegated:- Fyllingen, Nest-Sotra, Voss

Top Goalscorer:- 13 - Atle Ulseth (Sandnes Ulf)

Most Assists:- 14 - Hannes Tamm (Asane)

Highest Average Rating:- 7.50 - Espen Schmitz (Asane) (24 apps)

Overachievers:- Jerv

Underperformers:- Nest Sotra

Asane player of the year:- Espen Schmitz

Åsane.jpg

Season Preview.

Two pieces of good news. Junior coaching is improved - now average, and the board has agreed to upgrade the youth facilities.

I let a number of contracts run their course in the close season, including some favoured personnel, as I try to keep the wage bill right down. I am going to be operating with a small squad, but I am now happy that every single player will be able to make an effective contribution.

Board

Mid-table

2nd round of the Cup

Media Prediction - 3rd

Season Ticket Holders 139 (up 2 from last season!)

Me

Promotion

Anything in the cup!

Transfers

In

Erik Lindstad - Norwegian U-21 international. Can play DC, DR or DM and will be cover for Eric Hatlo. Good prospect

Mustapha Brewah - Recommended by my backroom staff, he is a 17 year old winger/striker. Dual nationality means he is a Sierra Leone U-21 international while holding a Norwegian passport too. Will be a while before he features in the first team squad.

Out

Christer Johansen

Morten Johansen

Vegard Moberg

Magnus Pettersen

Lars Martin Husby

Shaswari Rozhat

With the exception of Pettersen they were all surplus to requirements, never performing well enough when in the side to convince me that they were long term players. Pettersen was a contract rebel so was let go. The mini-clearout has just about got my wage budget to a manageable level.

Season 10

Game 1 FP-LA3 (h) v Tornado Maloy 4-0 H Tamm (4), Borge (10, 34), Ojamaa (20) att 355

Our opener is against league new boys at home. Hannes Tamm opens the scoring for us early, his freekick deflecting past the keeper. Borge cooly slots home a through ball a few minutes later to give us a perfect start to the game. Borge turns provider for number three, setting up Ojamaa who stabs home at the third attempt. Ojamaa returns the favour, feeding Borge in the box to make it 4 with only 34 minutes on the clock. We struggle to make an impact 2nd half as they improve slightly. It is a deserved result, but it is more reflective on how poor Maloy were as I feel we were not particularly great. A better performance could have seen us score twice as many. The win puts us top.

Game 2 FP-LA3 (a) v Algard 2-1 Ojamaa (24), Putans (70) - Abelsen (o.g. 27) att 219

Algard had a poor start this season and they line up to be hard to beat. We struggle to get into the game early and have to thank Hansen in goal for keeping things level. Eventually we get in behind them, Abelsen's cut back being turned in at the far post by Ojamaa. They hit back immediately, a deflected shot foxing the keeper and flying into the net. Ojamaa misses a gorious opportunity as the game descends in a scrappy mess. Bjornsson misses an easy header in the second half as we continue to struggle to break them down. We finally take the lead again via route 1, Lyse putting a through ball for sub Putans to beat the defender to the ball and finish superbly. That gave us a just about deserved win although we drop to 2nd on goal difference.

Game 3 FP-LA3 (h) v Vard 2-1 H Tamm (18), Ojamaa (pen 80) - Isaksen (12) att 351

Vard have had a good start and sit one place below us in the table. We fall behind due to slack defending, Lyse the culprit. Hannes Tamm scores a screamer to level it up. We toil away and get our rewards when Ojamaa slots home a penalty with 10 minutes left. It is a deserved win, although we do make it hard work. The win puts us top.

Cup Game 1 NC 1st Rnd (h) v Vidar3-0 Abelsen (33), Borge (49), Kilpinen (62) att 208

We dominate the game from the start and after a period of extended pressure we take the lead through Abelsens first for the club. Sub Borge fires in from the edge of the box for number two at the start of the 2nd half. Kilpinen knocks in from a corner to ensure our progression with just under half an hour to go. Our domination is near total - 23 shots to 3 shows how far on top we were. We qualify for the 2nd round.

Game 4 FP-LA3 (a) v Fana 2-1 Putans (65, 88) - Riis (7) att 438

We visit our rivals looking to extend our good run. The sit in the relegation zone. We fall behind in the 1st few minutes as Schmitz looks like he bundled over as they fire home. We toil to get back in the game, even missing a couple of sitters. We change to a 4-4-2 and immediately sub Putans fires us back on terms. He pops up again with two minutes left to finish superbly from outside the box after a good passing move. A great late comeback, and we just about deserve the 3 points. We stay top.

Cup Game 2 NC 2nd Rnd (h) v Odd Grenland 3-2 Knudsen (6), Borge (15,50) - Gonzalez (23), Dahle (68) att 455

We host a top division side and start superbly, Knudsen opening the scoring in the 6th minutes. Borge is upended in the box and Ojamaa hits the post. Fortunately Borge is on hand to slot home the rebound. They pull a goal back from a corner to set the tie alight. Borge gets his second right after the break to finish a fine move that restores our two goal lead. They pull back again with 20 minutes left after a scramble in the box but they are reduced to ten men shortly after.

Game 5 FP-LA3 (h) v Vidar 3-0 Putans (2), Pohlak (23), Gaustad (87) att 342

The second home game against Vidar this season. They lie just outside the relegation zone in 11th. We strike early, Putans brilliant diving header coming from Hatlo the fullbacks deep cross. Pohlak, on for the injured Putans, makes it 2 with a deflected freekick inside half an hour. The game is poor after the break with few chances for either side until Gaustad, on as a sub, is brilliantly put through for an easy finish at the death. Good 1st and not so good 2nd half performance. We open up a 5 point gap at the top with the win.

Game 6 FP-LA3 (a) v Orn Horten 1-1 Gullvag (35) - Belaska (80) att 162

We lost this fixture last season which, incidentally, was the last competitive match that we lost. Can we avoid a repeat. Our cause is not helped when Abelsen is sent off within 5 minutes for a karate kick on an opponent. It gets worse when we lose Bjornsson to an injury after half an hour. Amazingly we take the lead, Gullvag thundering home from the edge of the box for his first ever Asane goal. We hold out until the last 10 minutes when they manage to put away a rebound off the post. In the end, I am happy to escape with a point after playing virtually the whole game with 10 men. We stay 1st.

The injury to Bjornsson is serious. A torn calf has put him out for at least 4 months.

Cup Game 3 NC 3rd Rnd (h) v Lov-Ham 2-0 H Tamm (20), Knudsen (37) att 481

A derby match in the cup against Lov-Ham who are in the division above us. WIth injuries mounting up, I now only have enough players to fill the squad and no more. We start really well and deservedly take the lead when Hannes Tamm dispatches a superb freekick over the wall and into the back of the net. Knudsen makes it two after surging forward from midfield to collect a pass which is slotted calmly past the keeper. We don't add to the scoring, but it is all very comfortable as we progress to the 4th Round. The downside is we receive another two injuries in this match to exacerbate our mini-injury crisis.

We draw Rosendorg in the 4th round away.

Cup Game 4 NC 4th Rnd (a) v Rosenborg 0-3 Benjaminsen (29, 60), Gamwanya (90+2) att 18879

My biggest game so far in charge of Asane. We are under the cosh for the opening of this game with the defence performing heroics until the half-hour when our resistance finally crumbles. We go in at the break somehow only one down. Putans misses a golden chance to score, just before they take a 2-0 lead. We drop to 10 men when Joonas Tamm is mercilessly chopped down in the box and injured, all our subs having been used. We are awarded a corner. They get a third in injury time, re-affirming their superiority over us. An easy win for Rosenborg, but we come away with a bit of a payday.

Game 7 FP-LA3 (a) v Mandalskameratene 3-0 H Tamm (55), Gaustad (75), Lindstad (o.g. 83) att 493

We need a good performance to bounce back from the Rosenborg game. We gave MK a hiding twice last season, but this could be a different kettle of fish. They lie in 10th. We start well but our finishing is utterly appalling. Hannes Tamm finally opens the scoring, slotting home an Ojamaa cut back. Gaustad comes off the bench to get the second with a fine turn and shot from the edge of the area. We get a deserved third as the ball hits a defender at a corner to end in the net. We stay top.

Game 8 FP-LA3 (h) v Randaberg 2-0 Borge (30), Schmitz (62) att 290

The visitors have not had a great start to the season and sit in 8th. We take our time in this game, for a while we look like we give up the momentum to the opposition. Borge give us the lead though with a fine header from a whipped Ojamaa cross. It takes until the 62nd minute to get the 2nd, Schmitz heading home a corner. They give us a few concerning moments towards the end, but it is another clean sheet and 3 pts.

Game 9 FP-LA3 (h) v Stord 3-0 Borge (32, 69), Schmitz (59) att 342

The visitors are having a steady season so far sitting in the top half. Worryingly, the 2 competitive fixtures we have played against them have both finished 0-0. It is a scrappy affair summed up by our opening goal. The keeper drops the ball at the feet of Borge who has the simple task of slotting home. Schmitz gets our second from a corner then Ojamaa feeds Borge who taps in the cross at the back post after some superb wing play. Despite the scoreline an unconvincing win that, on another day, could have been quite a different result. We stay top.

Game 10 FP-LA3 (a) v Vindbjart 1-2 Pohlak (24) - Tungesvik (pen 33), Thorsen (90+3) att 224

We visit a side that has improved dramatically from last seasons near relegation. The sit in 6th. We start slowly but as the game progresses begin to rip their defence to shreds. Pohlak, in for Putens who's finishing has been shocking lately, opens the scoring with a fine effort from the edge of the area. Lyse gives away a needless penalty which they emphatically dispatch, undoing all our good early work. We go to pieces at the back in the second half and squander a load of chances. Predictably we lose a late goal deep in injury time. We stay top despite the defeat.

I wasn't going to update for a while but then this happened - they were sitting four points behind me in second and I was actually worried about this away trip after our previous defeat.

Game 11 FP-LA3 (a) v Fjora 9(nine)-1 Schmitz (9, 83), Ojamaa (12), Pohlak (18, 26, 48, 55, 57), Knutsen (o.g. 31) - Bulbul (24) att 169

FjravsaneInformation_Overview.png

Arguably the most important game of the season so far as we travel to the side sitting in 2nd. After the defeat of the previous game this takes on a much greater significance. Schmitz heads us into the lead after 10 minutes from a corner then just two minutes later a deep cross from Borge finds Ojamaa unmarked who puts a superb header beyond the keeper. It gets even better in the 18th minute when Pohlak takes a snap shot that proves just too strong for the keeper. They pull one back before the half hour mark from a freekick only for Pohlak to reaffirm the lead from the kick off. They score a quite impressive o.g on the half hour (think England v Croatia a few years ago) to make the score 5-1 and end the first half scoring spree. Pohlak secures his hat-trick right after the restart then is played in by Hatlo for his 4th. He then scores his 5th of the game after a defensive mistake then Schmitz makes it 9(nine) with his second from a corner. I am genuinely speechless and can't quite believe we have beaten our nearest rivals in the league 9-1 away from home! For some strange reason we stay top!

A few stats have come out of the previous game

Asane

9-1 is our record win

9-1 is our highest scoring game

Pohlak's 5 goals in a game is a club record.

FP-LA3

9-1 is a league record score

9-1 is the leagues highest scoring game.

Pohlak's 5 goals in a game is a league record

Fjora

9-1 is a record defeat - sorry guys!

Game 12 FP-LA3 (h) v Egersund 3-0 Pohlak (30), H Tamm (48), Putans (78) att 323

We welcome bottom side and general whipping boys Egersund to our ground. They have shipped 39 goals, scoring only 4 and securing a solitary point so far in the league. Their point came against Tornado Maloy who sit second bottom - with only a point. By FM logic that means we are on for a defeat at home to quite possibly the worst team in Norway at the moment!

It is all one way traffic, but they prove hard to break down until Pohlak skips past a defender and scores with a super drive to settle my nerves. After the break Pohlak turns provider, Hannes Tamm heading home his cross. We get a 3rd when Putans is on hand to slam the ball home from close range. A thoroughly professional, if a little unspectacular performance, and I am happy to escape the potential banana skin unscathed. We remain top with a 7 point lead.

Game 13 FP-LA3 (a) v Jerv 2-1 Pohlak (13, 81) - Stensland (24) att 667

The last game of the 1st round of fixtures sees us travel to 4th placed Jerv. We have a shaky start in this game until Pohlak scores a brilliant individual effort in the 14th minute. They equalise when Schmitz is fouled in the box, only for the ref to wave play on. We then have a player sent off for a crude tackle to make things really difficult for us. We keep them at bay until the 81st minute and it us that take the lead, Pohlak somehow directing his header beyond the keeper. It is a backs to the wall job, not helped by an extremely biased ref (we are not a dirty team by any means but a 20-6 foul count seems skewed to me - especially when some of their tackles are outrageous) who seems intent on helping Jerv to a win. We hold out though and take what could be a vital 3 points at the end of the season. We maintain the 7 point lead at the top.

Pohlak, who has been a revelation for us recently was hacked down at the end of the match (no foul given). He is now out for at least 7 weeks with a fractured wrist. I really, really hate that referee.

League Table at the Halfway Point

FairPlay-ligaenAvdeling3Overview_Stages-3.png

Game 14 FP-LA3 (a) v Tornado Maloy 3-0 Borge (12, 23), Putans (43) att 147

A double from Borge and one from Putans seal this game in the first half against a side that are pretty much doomed to relegation

Game 15 FP-LA3 (h) v Algard 1-0 Kaju (42) att 341

Kaju scores on his debut to give us another 3 points. More comfortable than it looks against a mid-table side. We have 13 shots to their 2 and 61% of the possession.

Game 16 FP-LA3 (a) v Vard 2-2 Gullvag (51), J Tamm (90) - Isaksen (16), Eliassen (79) att 442

We welcome Bjornsson back to the squad after his injury, he will more than likely make an appearance from the bench. They get their noses in front as my defence switches off and leaves a moon unmarked at the back post in a non descriptor first half. Gullavg gets the leveller, heading home a corner at the start of the 2nd half. They looked to have sneaked a late winner, but sub Joonas Tamm pops up in the last minute with his first of the season. We probably were the better side, but conceding late on means I am happy take take a point away. We increase our lead

at the top to 8 points.

Game 17 FP-LA3 (a) v Vidar 1-0 Schmitz (43) att 147

They sit lower mid-table as I look to bounce back from the previous draw. It is another poor match with few chances, although we do force a large number of corners that Schmitz eventually scores from. The 2nd half is more of the same with neither team really dominating, although we do keep up the procession of corners. In the end it is a deserved win, although we lose Bjornsson to injury again during the game.

Game 18 FP-LA3 (h) v Fana 2-1 Putans (47), Eidsvag (84) - Thun (12) att 586

We welcome rivals Fana in another crucial game for us. They take the lead after injuring Hannes Tamm in a tackle and refusing to put the ball out of play. They then have a player sent off but lead at half time. In the end it is just a hoof over the top that undoes them, Putans given a clear run on goal and finishing well. We are poor for the rest of the half, but mange to produce a fine move that results in Eidsvag thunder home from the edge of the area. It is a fortunate win, but I will take three points while giving the players a rocket. We have a 10 point lead with 8 games left.

Game 19 FP-LA3 (h) v Orn Horten 2-2 Daud (70, 90+2) - Anier (41), Hagen (63) att 390

The second of three concurrent home games. Orn are the closest club to us, 10 points behind. A win here could all but secure us the title, meaning we would have to secure a further 8 points to win. Injuries, suspensions and international call ups force me into a 4-4-2 with a few fringe players making the starting lineup. We miss chance after chance only to pay the price a few minutes before half time then we concede a second after the break. Daud heads in from a cross to pull one back, his first for the club. He then scores his second deep into injury time to steal us a point that. We deserved to win this game overall, but it was more important not to lose. Our lead drops to 9 points.

Game 20 FP-LA3 (h) v Mandalskamerayene 1-0 Pohlak (58) att 344

I have virtually all my players back for selection against an MK side who are in a relegation battle. We survive an early scare in a dire first half and have to wait to the 2nd to open the scoring. Pohlak chasing down a long ball to finish well on his return from injury. Another game in which we are unconvincing, but it is a win that restores our 10 point lead with 6 games left.

Game 21 FP-LA3 (a) v Randaberg 3-1 Kilpinen (14), Ojamaa (pen 31), Kaju (90) - Alstad (50) att 30

Another side in a relegation battle, and I suspect this is going to be a tough game. The opening is one way traffic, and is no surprise that we take the lead, Kilpinen head a rebound in from a corner. Ojamaa is knocked over in the box on the half hour and we have a penalty which is blasted into the net. They pull one back after the break with my defence all at sea. We seal the game in the last minute, Putans doing the hard work leaving Kaju the simple task of tapping the ball into the net. We maintain the 10 point lead with 5 games left - the title must surely be ours.

Game 22 FP-LA3 (h) v Vinbjart 2-1 Pohlak (40, 83) - Lyse (o.g. 44) att 344

The visitors are the only side to defeat us this season, and I am out for a little bit of revenge. A win here would also put us within 2 points of the title. We are well on topbut our finishing is dreadful - we would have racked up an impressive score in gaelic football. We have our first shot on target in the 40th minute, which also serves a dual purpose as our opening goal, Pohlak being fed by Ojamaa and tucking the ball under the keeper. The equalise immediately,Lyse heading a cross past his own keeper. The shot count reads Off 14 On 1 - Off 2 On 0. In a quite awful 2nd half, Bjornsson finally makes a difference, his cross well headed home by Pohlak for his second of the game. As we head to full time their keeper keeps them in the game. It finishes 2-1 and we extend our lead at the top to 12 with 4 to play. One point now for the title!

Game 23 FP-LA3 (a) v Stord 5-1 Pohlak (1, 50, 64), Borge (6), Putans (72) - Nilsen (55) att 69

We visit the side currently occupying the final relegation place. If we avoid defeat we win the league and promotion. We open the scoring in 45 seconds, Pohlak turning his defender inside out before thundering an unstoppable shot into the top of the net. We are two up in 7 minutes when Gullvag sends Borge through on goal to finish superbly. Pohlak finishes the game off early in the second half with another quality finish. They pull one back from a corner before Pohlak completes his hat-trick with a howitzer. Putans comes on for Pohlak and dutifully scores a goal, set up by Ojamaa. The three points give us the title in style with three games still to play. It's just a pity only 69 turned up to watch it!

Game 24 FP-LA3 (a) v Egersund 4-0 H Tamm (35), Abelsen (69), Bjornsson (78), Kilpinen (87) att 43

We play the bottom side, relegated a while ago. They have no wins and have amassed the grand total of 5 points over the season. Now, where did I put that banana? It is a drab game, lit up when Hannes Tamm scores from outside the box with a superb drive. Abelsen comes off the bench to fire home a quality effort from outside the area with 20 minutes left. Bjornsson then scores with a super individual effort, his first of the season. Kilpinen profits from a mistake at the back to make it 4. Superb professional performance - they don't manage even a single effort at goal.

Game 25 FP-LA3 (h) v Fjora 0-1 Hauge (57) att 455

They are still in the hunt for second place, our 9-1 victory over them not having any lasting effect. I will be very surprised if there is anywhere near a repeat. The only similarity is that they score one goal. We don't score any in a very poor performance. We lose our long standing home record

Game 27 FP-LA3 (h) v Jerv 1-1 Ojamaa (pen 64) - Aase (25) att 954

The finale of the season is played in front of a bumper crowd. Despite our total domination, we give the ball away to easily and the score on the break. We toil away without much success until a penalty award in the second half that Ojamaa puts away superbly. That's the way it finishes despite our best efforts, and I am disappointed that we can't win the game for the fans that have turned out.

Final Table

FairPlay-ligaenAvdeling3Overview_Stages-2-1.png

They have just won the Division 2 title in Group 2 - so I will be meeting them in the 1st division next season. It is their 1st promotion so far, although they have been runners up in the division 5 times since I added Norway. They are currently expanding their ground (1900 seats added to terracing) although they have had an average gate of around 300. They have not progressed beyond the 3rd round of the Norwegian Cup - so far.

They have kept faith with their manager Erling Moe, who has survived two take overs, one a local businessman in 2016 and a consortium in 2019.

League Record

KristiansundHistory_Competitions.png

Overview

KristiansundOverview_Profile.png

Season Review

The good

Winning the Title and promotion

4th round of the Norwegian Cup

9-1. We really did win a league game 9-1. I still can't believe it.

The performance of Rohsak (when not injured). A revelation up front.

The bad

I wasn't happy with the way we capitulated against Rosenborg in the cup - we made it a bit too easy for them in the end.

The players going on holiday two matches before the end of the season.

Losing at home to a team we had beaten 9-1. It always comes back to bite you on the arse.

The board putting in undersoil heating and cancelling my training upgrades - we are going to be having words!

Overall

Super season. We dominated the league from start to finish and thoroughly deserved the title. A good cup run gave us a nice payday which was a huge bonus. I have been operating with a small squad this season and it was pleasing that almost every single player had a part to play in our success. I see only four players leaving in the close season, to trim the age of the squad down slightly. My only gripe was the teams performance in the last two home games with the title won. That had been our first home defeat since Lillestrom dumped us out the cup in the 1st round the previous season. Much to look forward too next season with a maturing side.

Key Players

Defence - The whole of my back line has been superb

Andreas Hansen - 11 clean sheets this season at 6.88 Has put in some super performances and still only 23. Will only get better.

Erik Hatlo - Full back is rapidly turning into binary man, but has been a key performer this season. Will not be with us much longer as he is refusing to sign a new deal. No great worries as he is 32 and I do have suitable replacements in the team.

Espen Schmitz - 30 year old central defender has been superb this season. 5 goals as well and a rating of 7.47 he has easily been one of my key players. If he stays fit I am hoping for at least another 3 seasons from him.

Saku Kilpinen - 23 year old Fin has come on leaps and bounds playing next to Schmitz. Rating of 7.32 he has been another major contributor to the teams success.

Truls Sandven - The 23 year old Norwegian has a bit of a discipline problem, but we just don't perform as well as when he is in the side. Is one of my most influential players and vice-captain.

Midfield

Jimmy Gullvag - 24 year old played the anchor role perfectly, and gets the odd assist or goal. Is just superb at breaking up play and starting off moves. Does the simple stuff so effectively. Rating of 7.10 in the league just doesn't show how good he has been.

Hannes Tamm - Major player for us. Great corner and freekick taker, which is where most of his assists come from. The 22 year old Estonian is getting better all the time.

Rauno Ojamaa - 22 years old and club Captain. Capped 9 times by Estonia - scores goals and creates them. More to come from him, but a rating of 7.44 is well deserved. Super player

Gier Ove Borge - Played more a central striker last season, but with Bjornsson out injured he was shunted out to the right where he made the spot his own. 8 goals and 8 assists was a good return from the winger.

Attack

Stanislav Pohlak - Another Estonian. At 21 he was brought in as a prospect last season. Injuries and poor performances gave him his chance - he scored 5 in the 9-1 victory. He was never out the side other than for injury from then on in, and produced a tidy haul of 16 goals from 17 games. Rating of 7.65 in the league. I hoping he will only get better

Competitions

2nd Division (Gp 3) - 1st (Champions and Promotion to Adeccoligaen)

Norwegian Cup - 4th Round (Lost to Rosenborg)

Awards

2nd Div (Gp 3) Top scorer - Tommy Hauge 19 (Fjora)

Summary

Winners:- Asane

Runners Up:- Fjora

Relegated:- Stord, Egersund, Tornado Maloy

Top Goalscorer:- 18 - Tommy Hauge (Fjora)

Most Assists:- 18 - Fabian Stensrud Ness (Vard)

Highest Average Rating:- 7.65 - Tommy Hauge (Fjora) (21 apps)

Overachievers:- Fjora

Underperformers:- Randaberg

Asane player of the year:- Espen Schmitz - The fans must really love him as he has now become a club legend after only 165 appearances in his 9 seasons at the club.

Year | Season Tickets | Club Value | Season Ticket Price | Club Rep | Transfer Fund | Wage Budget |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021 |     139        |    250k    |        £129         | One Star |      0k       |   £5,365
2022 |     360        |    ????    |        ????         | ???????? |    £86,709    |   £7,818

Åsane.jpg

Season Preview

Board Want

Avoid Relegation

2nd Round of the Cup

Bookies - 80-1 for the title

Media Predict 15th.

I want

Season of consolidation. I will be happy just to avoid relegation.

Anything in the cups

Overall

Not many changes to the club over the close season. We move stadium while the undersoil heating is installed. If we avoid relegation it will be a superb effort after most of the promoted clubs seem to be relegated. I feel I now have a very good squad for my budgets and I can bring players in with the modest 80k I now have to spend.

We get another boost to our junior coaching budget which is a big bonus, but my long term aim is to get our facilities upgraded. The opening few results will be a good indicator of how we are going to perform. 35 points seems to be the safety point - so that is the first aim.

Transfers

In

Mats Daehli - One time Man U player the midfielder looks to be a good acquisition. I do have concerns over his physical stats though.

Mike Smith - Young American midfield gives us extra options in that area

Out

Trje Naess Kjosnes - Had been a backup player - with my back line playing so well he never got a look in.

Erik Hatlo - Sorry to see him go, even at 32 he could have had one more season in him. His stats though were failing miserably so probably time to move on.

Joonas Tamm - Looked a super player when I bought him - he broke his leg in his 1st pre-season and never really recovered, his stats just falling away like confetti. Did a job for us though in his second season with 11 goals.

Einar Saltvig - Not a bad player, but could never really find a place for him. Probably suffered due to others performing so well on a regular basis.

April

Game 1 Adeccoligaen (h) v HamKam 1-2 Tamm (23) - Saeed (39), Anyanwu (74) att 1138

We have a home game to start our 1st division campaign. HamKam have played us only in friendly matches and beaten us both times. It takes us a full 4 minutes and 38 seconds to a) get meaningful possession and b) actually complete a pass. It is us that open the scoring though, Tamm having a go from long range and curling it in superbly. The defence is static as we allow them to run through it for an easy goal before half time. In an even second half we create a few chances, but it is HamKam that get the goal, a cross deflecting off an attacker and into the net. We deserve a draw from the game but lose to a lucky goal. It is going to be a long hard season.

Game 2 Adeccoligaen (a) v Sandefjord 0-2 Rodriguez (pen 33), Johansen (45) att 4106

We visit the side sitting in 2nd. We ride our luck, with them having a perfectly good goal disallowed. The luck is only short lived as we give away a penalty to put us one down. They get their second right on half time as they profit from some dire defending. We improve second half and begin to create chances but it is too little too late. We drop to 15th.

Game 3 Adeccoligaen (h) v Moss 0-3 Voll (28, 81), Carrick (53) att 913

Possibly the most important home game in the past two seasons against 7th place Moss. We need a performance here, or the season could be curtains after three games. We are better, but still fall behind on the half hour. We are hit by the sucker punch midway through the second half, that kills off any hope of a comeback. Their 3rd comes from a freekick with 10 minutes to go. I wonder what has to be done to change this. We stay in 15th with no points.

Game 4 Adeccoligaen (a) v Kongsvinger 4-4 Schmitz (2), Borge (56), Abelsen (71), Kaju (87) - Sadeh (20), Gholami (62, 81), Sannerud (69) att 2786

We visit 8th place Kongsvinger in disarray. A team meeting has gone badly wrong. If we don't get a result in the next two games I will be moving on. We come out the blocks superbly with Schmitz emphatically heading home a corner. Their equaliser is undeserved and comes from a swift counter attack. Borge then gets his first of the season with a great finish from a through ball. We gift them a second equaliser, giving the ball away 3 times after our freekick. They then take the lead from a corner only for Abelsen to score a wonderful freekick minutes later before being sent off. They score a lucky fourth to my total disbelief then their defence has a brain fart allowing Kaju to steal an equaliser. We come away with a point, but I feel we should have won it. It is a relief to get a point on the board which moves us up to 13th.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of updating to do, but first things first...

May

Game 5 Adeccoligaen (h) v Asker 2-0 Schmitz (65), Pohlak (90+1) att 954

Huge game. They sit a point and a place above us in the table. A must win game. We dominate proceedings but struggle to create many chances, until Schmitz pounces on a rebound in the second half. Pohlak seals it on the break at the death as they push for an equaliser. A precious three points that we deserve. We move out the relegation zone up to 11th.

Cup Game 1 NC 1st Rnd (a) v Ottestad 8-1 Pohlak (16, 36, 46), Kilpinen (40), Kaju (43), Putans (64), Borge (77, 85) att 124

This is assumer performance by the team. Pohlak nets a sweet opener, before grabbing his second from close range. Kilpinen adds a third and Kaju a fourth before halftime. Pohlak gets his hattrick from the restart. Putans makes it 6 with a tap in after some scintillating wing play by Solas the Borge gets in on the act from an impossible angle. Lyse plays a stupid back pass allowing them to break our clean sheet. A fine team move sees Borge score his second to complete the rout. A moral boosting result that has come at the right time.

Game 6 Adeccoligaen (a) v Lov Ham 0-1 Traore (pen 32) att 1574

We travel to our rivals, who are sitting in the top half of the table. We are marginally the better side in a close game but we give away a penalty to fall behind. It is the only goal of the game as we can't find the goal that we deserve. We should have won the game. Not helped by a very biased ref we drop to 13th.

Game 7 Adeccoligaen (h) v Strommen 0-4

A game against a team sitting just above us in the table. The avoidance of defeat is a must here and a win could be crucial. It is an end to end game but it is Strommen who strike first then we fall two behind when my defence can't be bothered to track a striker left free in the box with the easiest of finishes. They kill the game completely midway through the second half has we capitulate far too easily, losing the fourth from the restart. We stay in 13th.

Game 8 Adeccoligaen (a) v Sarpsborg 2-4 Pohlak (21), Schmitz (84) - Jorgensen (19), Uche (28), Anarhake (74), Skartvedt (78) att 2765

We do well to start with, but we lose a goal from a corner. Pohlak, however, gets a goal from the restart. We lose a second from our corner after they counter attack. Kilpinen puts in a quite stupid clearance just as we improve in the second half and the goal virtually kills off our hopes completely. We lose an undeserved 4th to compound the misery. Schmitz pulls one back before Pohlak is sent off for diving. We drop to 14th.

Cup Game 2 NC 2nd Rnd (a) v Brodd 2-0 Kaju (73), Putans (90+) att 463

Must win game, no question. We are poor and it takes us until 73 minutes in for Kaju to gives us a lead. It is sealed at the death when Putans bundles the ball home.

Game 9 Adeccoligaen (h) v Bodo/Glimt 0-1 Johannsson (pen 90+4) att 679

Glimt sit one place above us on the same points. Defeat here and it is time to move on as I feel it is one those seasons that we are going to degenerate into a severe losing streak. It is a tight match with neither team ever in control although I feel we deserve to edge it. They win it with a blatant dive in the box in the 4th minute of injury time to end my tenure as Asane boss.

Review(ish)

The way we were playing and our results, I felt that the season would soon degenerate into a farce and that relegation was already a foregone conclusion. Asane had gone as far as I could take them, and, rather than slog through the season in the hope that we could win promotion again next year, the best thing for both parties was for them to get some new blood in.

There are a number of jobs available, including Man U who I cheekily send an application to.

My first offer is from Sweden and top division side Elfsborg then I get an offer from Kilmarnock who finished 3rd bottom of the Scottish 1st Division.

I take the Elfsborg job as I feel I have some unfinished business in Sweden.

IF_Elfsborg_logo.svg

IF Elfsborg (Swedish pronunciation: [ˈɛlfsbɔrj]) is a Swedish football club located in Borås. The club has won five national championship titles, the latest in 2006, and two national cup titles. Currently playing in the highest Swedish league, Allsvenskan. Elfsborg is based at Borås Arena. The club is affiliated to the Västergötlands Fotbollförbund.

Since the Swedish league was added they have been a permanent fixture in the Allsvenskan, although they have been a lower table side, their highest finish 6th in 2020. They have appeared in the Europa League twice, on both occasions going out before the group stages. They have, however, managed one final in 2019, losing to IK Brommapojkarna in the Swedish Cup.

I'm now through a season and a half, so squad updates will appear when I catch up :)

Game 15 Allsvenskan (a) v Malmo FF 1-0 Dahl (90) att 12228

My first match in charge as we languish in a relegation spot. We start well, creating a few chances but slowly Malmo get into the game. We keep plugging away and gain control, even creating a few very good chances. We get our reward in the 90th minute when sub Dahl fires home after some persistent wing play. We hang on during injury time for a deserved win and clean sheet. We move to 14th.

Game 16 Allsvenskan (h) v GIF Sundsvall 3-1 Bernstein (29), Loov (o.g. 51), Jansson (57) - Ali (64) att 5524

We play host to my old club who won promotion last season. It is a midfield battle initially until Bernstein heads us in front from a freekick. Early in the second half Dahl is sent through on goal, his shot deflected in by one of the defenders. Jansson then heads in from a freekick to virtually seal the points. They pull one back with a long range effort to complete the scoring. A comfortable and deserved win that moves us to 10th.

Game 17 Allsvenskan (a) v Djurgarden 1-2 Lindner (35) - Radefjall (8), Junior (51) att 6056

We travel to the side sitting one place above us and on the same points total. We lose an early goal from a corner and toil to make an impact on the game until Lindner bursts forward from midfield to level it. A wonderstrike puts them ahead at the start of the second half against the run of play. We struggle to create chances and spurn a glorious opportunity to level it in injury time. We deserve a point but it is an encouraging performance. We drop to 12th.

Game 18 Allsvenskan (h) IFK Goteborg 1-0 Jansson (30) att 9779

The visitors are unbeaten and sit at the top of the table. Despite an encouraging start we are soon put under strong pressure which we soak up well. Jansson opens the scoring for us with a superb drive from outside the box on the half hour mark. The single goal wins the game for us in a great defensive performance that puts us up to 9th.

Game 19 Allsvenskan (a) v Kalmar FF 1-1 Steiner (60) - Severs (44) att 7993

They sit in upper mid-table. We struggle to cope with them from the start and never really get to grips with the game. They open the scoring just before half-time. I change the system for the second half which lasts all of 90 seconds due to Otavio getting sent off. With no recognised striker on the pitch we get an undeserved leveller (makes a change - it's usually the other way around!) when D/MC Steiner scores on his debut. We hold out for a precious point in a game that we should have lost by a cricket score - 25 shots to 3 in the end (It really does happen the other way round - wow)!. We drop to 10th.

Game 20 Allsvenskan (h) v Vallentuna 3-1 Gauthier (65), Miller (74, 89) - Bernstein (o.g. 2) att 8216

Picked as a fan day we play the side sitting in 8th. There are only 8 points separating 15th (2nd bottom) with 6th, making every point precious. Bernstein scores an own goal within two minutes under no pressure to get us off to the worst possible start as we go on to completely control the game. We finally get a goal on the counterattack, new striker Gauthier finally scoring his first for the club. Our second comes when ex-Kilmarnock striker Miller also scores his first for the club from a fine passing move. Miller gets his second at the end prodding home a rebound to move us up to 9th.

Game 21 Allsvenskan (a) v Hammarby IF 0-0 att 13748

We travel to 4th place Hammarby who are 10 points ahead of us. It is an even game mostly although we ride our luck at times. A deserved away point that puts us 8th.

Game 22 Allsvenskan (h) v Syrianska FC 3-1 Miller (59, 69), Gauthier (75) - Pituca (74) att 6826

The visitors sit in the relegation playoff zone. A win here can give us plenty of breathing space. We control the game, again without ever really causing too many problems. We do get the opener after the break, a diving header by Miller from a cross. He then gets his second, reacting quickest to a loose ball. They pull one back when my full back gives the ball away too easily but Gauthier scores from the restart to restore the lead. A fine and deserved win that puts us up to 7th.

Game 23 Allsvenskan (a) v IFK Norrkoping 3-3 Bernstein (44, 49), Jansson (86) - Stahl (44, 46), ANderson (74) att 6953

They lie two places above us. We are the better team 1st half and get our reward when Bernstein heads in a corner. They hit back immediately with a wonder strike. They get a second from a freekick right after the break. It's our turn to hit back immediately as Bernstein scores his second header from a corner. They get their third with 15 minutes left then it's Janssons turn to score a wonder goal after a poor clearance from a corner. In the end I am more than happy to take away a point that keeps us in 7th.

Game 24 Allsvenskan (a) v Helsingborg IF 1-0 Uslu (90+2) att 16304

We travel to a side we have beaten only once in 17 attempts. Unsurprisingly they control the game, but we produce a deviant defensive display and limit them to long shots. We are probably the better side in the second half, and when Gaustad misses our best chance at the death it looks like we have to settle for a point. From the resulting corner Sinan Uslu heads in to shock the home side. A deserved win that keepsus 7th.

Game 25 Allsvenskan (h) v Trelleborges FF 0-3 Timbo (19, 63), Schon (43) att 9244

The visitors sit a place below us. They take the lead with a 35 yard freekick and get a second before half time. They seal the game midway through the 2nd half. It is a dreadful performance that gropes us to 8th.

Game 26 Allsvenskan (h) v AIK 1-1 Millar (57) - Augusto (39) att 9050

We have the possession but no chances and eventually go behind to a swift counter attack. We turn the tables second half as Miller heads in from a counter. It is another poor home performance, but we receive the point to stay in 8th.

Game 27 Allsvenskan (a) v BK Hacken 2-2Miller (30), Bernstein (42) - Holden (45), Owusu (60) att 2814

We travel to the bottom side looking for a solid three points. In a tense affair Miller gives us the lead, prodding home a cross on the half hour. Bernstein heads a second from a corner before half time. They score from the restart. They equalise with a header from a freekick to give them an undeserved draw. We stay 8th.

Game 28 Allsvenskan (h) v Gefle IF 0-1

We dominate, they take the lead. 16-4 is the shot count to us. We drop to 10th.

Game 29 Allsvenskan (a) v Osters IF 2-1 Hernandez (30), Dahl (89) - Jonasson (39) att 4854

In a tight game, Hernandez heads us in front during the first half. Csiki makes a hash of a high ball to gift an equaliser, but we hit a winner on the break late on, Dahl finishing superbly.

Game 30 Allsvenskan (h) v Malmo FF 1-2 Uslu (26) - Olsson (10), Eriksson (29) att 10,736

A bumper crowd turns up to watch us play a Malmo side that are having a similar season to ourselves. We dominate in a "nothing to play for" game, but as has been the pattern recently they take the lead from a quick counter. Uslu eventually slams the ball home after a corner turns to pinball, but we lose to a soft header before halftime to finish the season on a low note.

Season Review

A season of transition. I left Asane, hoping that they would find some kind of magic touch and avoid going into the free fall that had been threatening. In the end they had a good shot at it - they were only one point away from safety at the end but were relegated in the end.

For my new club it was all about consolidation. Solid, if a little unspectacular at times, we finished in a creditable 10th place - pretty much bang on for where the club usually finishes. We were out the cup before I joined. For a while it looked as if we could mount a push for europe, but as always, the honeymoon period didn't last and our form tailed off. A major rebuilding programme is now underway, although there is the basis of a solid squad.

I lost one or two players that we really should have held onto, including a fantastic midfielder who sign a pre-contract with Bristol City before I could sort his future out.

IF_Elfsborg_logo.svg

Season Preview

The board want mid-table and a quarterfinal cup appearance.

I am looking for an improvement in the league position and any sort of cup run in what should hopefully be a season of progression.

Players In

Dominik Holm - A young German defender with bags of ability and a bright future. May not feature immediately, but should be an able deputy

Mario Dmitrijev - An Estonian U-21 international keeper. Signed to put pressure on my other young 1st choice keeper.

Michael Griffin - 16 year old N Irish striker, found in Armagh of all places. Will gain homegrown status for Sweden as well eventually and looks a terrific prospect.

Pontus Bertilsson - Signed from league rivals Norrkoping to bolster the midfield. Classy looking DM/M C who is the new club captain.

Magnus Ramberg - Young fullback who can play on either side of defence. Current Sweden U-21 cap will look to progress into the 1st team.

Simon Svensson - Another youngster signed as backup for Bertilsson. Has lots of potential, but will he fulfil it.

James Vargas - American striker who looks to have real quality.

Peter Owino - Kenyan international who completes my midfield lineup. Looks another super player.

Players Out

9 players leave either on frees or for a small fee. A number of dissenters, while good players, are made to pack their bags as I really have no interest in players who are intent on causing problems.

April

Game 1 Allsvenskan (h) v Malmo 1-1 Uslu (14) - Ekvall (88) att 9968

We start the season as we finished the last one, with a home game against Malmo. The game is dire. We take the lead from a corner, Uslu heading home. That goal looks as if it has won the game, until they get an equaliser with 2 minutes left when the defence falls asleep at a throw in.

Game 2 Allsvenskan (a) v Trelleborgs FF 2-1 Owino (27), Bertilsson (74) - Umoh (25) att 4144

Things look grim when we fall behind to a very well worked goal. Owino scores his first for the club from the kick off, thundering home a 30 yard drive, as we pass our way through the opposition. Bertilsson is put through and scores his first for the club from the edge of the area to give us a deserved win.

Game 3 Allsvenskan (h) v Kalmar FF 2-0 Vargas (39), Gauthier (66) att 8891

A comfortable performance gives us a good two goal win. Vargas gets his first for the club, a gift from the goalkeeper who inexplicably tries a diving header at the edge of the box. The ball lands at Vargas' feet and he simply rolls the ball into the net. Gauthier catches the keeper out in the second half, back heading the ball over him from the edge of the area. They rarely threaten giving us a well deserved three points.

Game 4 Allsvenskan (a) v Djurgarden 1-1 Yli-Renko (22) - Yli-Renko (o.g. 43) att 7610

We dominate the game from start to finish but, apart from Yli-Renko's superb strike from the edge of the box, just cannot find a way past their keeper. The full-back completes a dubious double just before half time, a cross ball hitting him and rebounding into the net. Good performance against one of the title contenders.

Game 5 Allsvenskan (h) v Hammarby IF 4-1 Uslu (41), Miller (47), Vargas (66), Gauthier (pen 90+2) - Peprah-Annan (13) att 9208

Billed as a tough game against one of the top sides. They take a early lead with a superb strike to put us on the back foot. We go on to totally control events, Uslu equalising just before half time, heading in a corner. We come out in the second half and blow them away. Miller tucks away a dropped shot from the keeper after half time, and even though Uslu is sent off, we grab a third when Vargas turns and fires a super shot past the keeper. Gauthier scores an injury time penalty to give us a thoroughly deserved win.

Game 6 Allsvenskan (a) v Orebro SK 0-2 John (24), Tigre (50) att 7410

We are just about the better side against the division new boys, but we struggle to get shots on target. A goal in either half does the damage and when Vargas is sent off with half an hour left, there really is no way back. Poor performance against a team we should be beating.

Delta - It's strange, they are quite a big club - fairly new and sizeable stadium, good support and some decent players. I'm surprised they have been so lacklustre in the league so far.

May

Game 7 Allsvenskan (h) v Helsingborgs IF 4-1 Miller (2, 48), Hernandez (16), Bertilsson (76) - Okoro (87) att 9070

Convincing win against one of the countries top sides. Miller gives us an early lead after a nice passing move then Hernadez catches the keeper out at his near post. Miller gets his second early in the second half, turning in a pinpoint cross before we hit a deserved 4th when Bertilsson scores a stunning goal from 30 yards out. They get a consolation at the death to take a little of the gloss off the win.

Game 8 Allsvenskan (h) v IFK Norrkoping 2-0 Llapashtica (26), Bernstein (67) att 8282

A solid display against a solid, if unspectacular side. Llapashtica puts us ahead in the first half, somehow slipping the ball home from an impossible angle. Bernstein seals a deserved win in the second half, from a corner.

Svenska Cupen 3rd Round (a) v VMA IK 4-1 Bertilsson (11, 35), Miller (22, 38) att 734

We have a potential banana skin in our first cup match of the season. There are no worries as Bertilsson and Miller both score a brace each before half time to put us on easy street. They get a late consolation - something we seem to be making a habit of - in a professional performance.

Game 9 Allsvenskan (a) v Vallentuna BK 3-3 Bertilsson (13), Uslu (18), Miller (35) - Carlos (7, 90+1), Escobar (73) att 1500

They take the lead fairly early, only for Bertilsson to continue his goal scoring form from midfield with another screamer. We extend our lead, Uslu first from a corner then Miller with an easy tap in from Herndez's superb cross. Complacency sets in and we lose a 2nd from a corner then throw away 2 points deep in injury time. Poor second half performance cost us the points.

Game 10 Allsvenskan (a) v IFK Goteborg 3-0 Astrand (o.g. 33), Miller (73), Bernstein (80) att 19190

We travel to the champions, looking to somehow get a result against arguably the best side in Sweden. The game is an end to end affair and we take the lead when the defender heads past his own keeper under pressure from Miller. Two late goals, the first an opportune strike from Miller and a Bernstein header from a corner seal a deserved win. The scoreline doesn't show how close a game this really was though. Superb three points as we seem to be hanging around the right end of the table.

June

Game 11 Allsvenskan (a) v Halmstads BK 6-3 Miller (14), Gauthier (24, 48), Hernandez (55), Larsson (76), Uslu (88) - Trstena (6), Andersson (74), Mjallby (79) att 5042

This game was a lot closer than it looked. We fall behind to a well worked freekick only for Miller to put us level. Gauthier slots home a through ball to make it two into half time. His second comes after superb one touch passing resulting in an exquisite lob then Hernandez bundles home from a corner. They pull a goal back from a corner, but we immediately restore the advantage, Larsson slotting home a low cross. A long range strike pulls it back to 5-3, but Uslu completes the scoring from a corner for a superb win.

Game 12 Allsvenskan (h) v GIF Sundsval 0-1 Magyar (30) att 7628

My expectations are high after the previous match, going into this game with my former club. It is one of my signings for them that consigns us to an undeserved defeat, scoring in the first half. We only manage one shot on target in a game we dominate. Poor performance.

Game 13 Allsvenskan (a) v AIK 0-2 Augusto (pen 25), Gustafsson (64) att 19421

An away tie against the favourites for the title is not a good tie to face after a home defeat. We play well, but ship a stupid penalty in the first half and lose a second from a quick counter in the second. An unlucky result.

July

Game 14 Allsvenskan (h) v Osters IF 3-1 Vargas (pen 17), Miller (27), Augustinsson (pen 66) - Rajab (74) att 8145

Again a closer game than the scoreline suggests. Two penalties secure us an unconvincing win, with a superb turn and shot from Miller sandwiched in between. They get a late consolation in an uninspiring match. Important three points.

Svenska Cupen 4th Rnd (a) v IK Tord 4-1 Miller (8), Gauthier (32, 45+1), Owino (59) - Ivan (6) att 1,820

We visit minnows Tord in the cup, and receive an early shock as we fall behind from a cross that flies over the keeper and in. Fortunately Miller fires us level from the restart before a Gauthier double gets us in at the break with a comfortable lead. Owino completes the scoring with a fine drive in the second half to dispatch a determined banana skin.

Game 15 Allsvenskan (a) v Gefle IF 2-1 Miller (2), Bertilsson (39) - Mokoena (70) att 2757

Miller continues his fine run, scoring an early goal with a typical finish. Bertilson then sneaks in at the front post to double the lead. They pull one back with 20 minutes to go and it turns into a backs to the wall job. We survive to take the points, and keep us in the hunt at the halfway stage.

Game 16 Allsvenskan (a) v Malmo FF 1-0 Otavio (29) att 15510

A tricky tie against an underachieving Malmo side. It is a tense affair, but after Otavio heads us in front from a first half corner we are never really in any danger. A fine defensive display.

Game 17 Allsvenskan (h) v Trelleborges FF 5-2 Miller (13, 52), Vargas (41), Bertilsson (72), Uslu (90+4) - Mansson (38), Schon (79) att 7996

Miller gives us an early lead, scoring from a Hernandez cross. Vargas then scores from 35 yards out to give a narrow halftime lead. Miller then scores his second from a good move followed by Bertilsson smuggling home from a corner. They get a second on the counter, before Uslu heads home a freekick deep in injury time to polish off a superb performance.

Game 18 Allsvenskan (a) v Kalmar FF 3-0 Miller (4), Otavio (16), Cadao (o.g. 25) att 7328

Kalmar is always a tricky place to travel to, and it is with some relief that Miller again gives us an early lead with a rare headed goal. Otavio scores from a corner in the 16th minute as we look to have the game under control. It is over in the 25th when Hernandez's shot is deflected in. The remainder of the game is a drab affair with neither team looking particularly interested. It finishes off a suberb July in which we take 15 points from 15.

Well. Good news (for me anyway:)) I have the save back after some messing around, clearing out graphics and the cache and standing on my head while waving a blue parrot around. (I made the last bit up).

There is a bit of a side effect though - all (as in every active club in the game, including mine) league history has vanished - completely. The tables are still there, the fixtures are in the right places but a club league history has vanished.

Bummer!

But at least I have the game back.

Happy Christmas all :thup:

August

Svenska Cupen Q/F (a) v Degerfors IF 3-2 Gauthier (62, 78), Yako (o.g. 97) - Trysberg (39), Hegbardt (45+1) att 4686

We have a dreadful first half, shipping two goals as we look to be heading out the competition. The players get a rocket and lay siege to their goal in the 2nd. Gauthier heads both goals to level it, and his cross is turned into the net by a defender in extra time. Awful performance - we are lucky to go through.

Game 19 Allsvenskan (h) v Djurgarden 2-4 Miller (41), Hernandez (82) - Pettersson (29), Espinoza (51), Peterson (54), Junior (76) att 9362

Our defence goes to pieces in an even game that we somehow contrive to lose. They walk through us for the first, but Miller squares before half time with a fine goal to give me hope of a win. They score two early goals in the 2nd half to kill off our challenge. A superb freekick puts the game to bed, before Hrenandez gets a late consolation.

Game 20 Allsvenskan (a) v Hammarby IF 1-2 Otavio (28) - Ali (25, 76) att 12725

Another close game in which we fail to deliver. They take the lead from a corner, which we instantly reply to through one of our own. Otavio volleying home. They score a stunning second to consign us to our second successive defeat, and blow the title race wide open.

Game 21 Allsvenskan (h) v Orebro SK 4-2 Uslu (26), Bertilsson (43), Gauthier (65), Miller (89) - Ahmed (23), Mehmeti (58) att 8306

We fall behind again in this match, but as has been the way recently we hit back pretty much immediately, Uslu heading home a corner. Bertilsson fires us into the lead from long range to give a half time lead, but more sloppy play gifts an equaliser. Gauthier then scores a breakaway goal to restore the lead and Miller seals the win at the death with a fine finish.

Game 22 Allsvenskan (a) v Helsingborgs IF 0-1 Messi (7) att 13381

Our mixed form continued against a solid Helsingborg side who are competing for a European place. We lose an early goal, and despite the remainder of the game being an even affair, cannot find a way back. The defeat leaves us top of the table, but there is only a three point gap covering the top 4.

September

Game 23 Allsvenskan (h) v Vallentuna BK 1-0 Hernandez 42 att 7675

More comfortable than it looks with 60% possession and 17 shots to 5. Hernandez fires the winning goal just before half time in a game that we just had to win.

Game 24 Allsvenskan (h) v IFK Goteborg 3-3 Uslu (51), Hernandez (54), Bernstein (60) - Newton (14), Bergqvist (48, 66) att 11969

Another vital game, this time against an underachieving Gothenburg side who have fallen away towards the end of the season. Things look bleak as we fall 2-0 down just after the interval. Uslu quickly pulls one back from a corner, then we equalise from the kick off, a fine solo effort from Hernandez. The turnaround looks complete when Bernstein forces home a corner, but they come back to level it. A draw about the right result which keeps us in the hunt.

Game 25 Allsvenskan (a) v IFK Norrkoping 2-2 Miller (9, 88) - Falk (13, 74) att 5729

A rip-roaring game. Miller lobs us in front, but they are back on terms within five minutes. Cue an end-to-end game in which neither side really has the upper hand. They score with 15 to go which sparks an all out assault on their goal. Miller prods home a cross at the death to salvage a point, which miraculously keeps us top. How important could that goal be?

Game 26 Allsvenskan (h) v Halmstads 2-0 Miller (10), Hernandez (83) att 8254

Miller slots us on our way early, and it is relatively plain sailing for most of the match. Hernandez finally seals the win in the 83rd minute to keep us top on goal difference.

Svenska Cupen S/F (a) v Malmo FF 1-0 Owino (26) att 23672

A tense and scrappy affair, Peter Owino is the difference as he scores a sublime effort from well outside the area to send us into the final. Both sides have further chances, but we hold on to our hopes of a domestic double.

October

Game 27 Allsvenskan (a) v GIF Sundsvall 2-1 Augustinsson (39), Gauthier (90+5) - Magyar (33) att 2671

We are poor in the first half, falling behind to a through ball. Augustinsson gets the leveller with a rare goal and we pound their goal for the remainder of the game. Gauthier is there to prod hame a cross deep into injury time as we snatch the three points which keeps us top - just.

Game 28 Allsvenskan (h) v AIK 2-0 Owino (31), Hernandez (86) att 11124

With AIK in the hunt for the title a win here was vital. Owino scores another fine goal in a game that we control easily. Hernandez seals it near the end to destroy the AIK title hopes and maintain ours. With Hammarby winning it has become a two horse race.

Game 29 Allsvenskan (a) v Osters 3-2 Gauthier (42), Selimagic (o.g. 72) - Luambano (24), Rajab (34), Dyrestam (65) 4477

We don't turn up to this game. We are two down before half time and although Gauthier scores a smart finish we concede another midway through the second half. Gauthiers shot hits the bar then the keeper to give us hope, but we can't find a way back. The only consolation is a defeat for Hammarby meaning we maintain our position at the top. A win in the final game will give us the title.

Game 30 Allsvenskan (h) v Gefle ?-? att 12407

On paper an easy win for us, Gefle sitting in the bottom half of the table. We concede a soft goal from the kick off and it feels like it is going to be one of those games. We go in at the break 1-0 down, and with Hammarby leading things look a little bleak.

We come out with some major changes for the second half and immediately look more dangerous. We finally get the breakthrough we deserve when Gauthier thunder home a Hernandez pass in the 66th minute, although we need another as Hammarby are still winning. With just over 10 minutes to go we work a throw in for Hernandez to ghost to the back post and nod in from point blank range. The champagne looks like it is back on the menu! We seal the victory in the 82nd minute, Bernstein heading home a corner, just as the news the Hammarby are now losing filters through. There is time for one more, Gauthier nodding a deep cross over the stranded keeper. We leave it late for the victory, but it is academic as Hammerby lose to hand us the title.

Archived