FM12: The Valencia C.F Thread, AMUNT!!!!!

cms186

Time for a bit of a challenge I think so I'll be taking on a Valencia game while allowing myself only Spanish players, infact I've decided that my entire club including staff will be Spanish. I had a very good save with Valencia a couple of years ago but that was a bit different with Silva/Mata/Villa all in the side, I've also played as Athletic with the restrictions on signings they have but it's pretty easy with them as the players are stronger and financially the club is in a much better position to sign almost anyone you're allowed to so with that and the added expectations at Valencia it should be interesting.

Anyway the first step is to get rid of the non Spanish players and make some sort of decent squad to go into the first season with, to help with that I'm starting in December 2010 to give me some extra time to achieve it.

Also on first look Bernat and Alcacer look very good prospects so making the most of them will be very important.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Feb 2012 and Bernat is progressing nicely for me. I also gave Alcacer about 10 games, he has done well and is doing well in training, sent him to my Feeder Alcoyono for the rest of the season and he has 5 goals for them so far. Good luck :thup: Nice to have someone in this thread rather than me on my own :D

You do look a bit lonely in here, Valencia is always a good team to manage with their relatively high expectations combined with an average team/poor finances. I've reached the summer 2011 transfer window and only Jonas and Piatti remain of the non Spaniards so hopefully I can get them off the wage bill soon, my signings so far are as follows:

Jairo 2.5m, Christian 3.4m, Alvaro 3m (All Racing Santander), Canella 3.9m, Lora 3.9m (Both Sporting Gijon), Illarramendi 5.75m (Real Sociedad), Viera 5m (Las Palmas)

Overall the team looks okayish, I have some cash to spend still in the transfer window and still need another keeper to go with Guaita and maybe a central midfielder with Albelda getting on a bit. Ass man is particularly enthusiastic about the potential of Alcacer, Bernat and now Jairo who looks like a right sided Bernat. Indeed Alcacer has already improved a lot under the tutelage of Soldado, also I will be using Jordi Alba as a left winger as I don't see him as a defender, my usual formation is a 4-2-3-1 which the players are quite suited to so no need to change there. Finally there are some very good players around that I have down as long term targets like Jordi Amat, Inigo Martinez and obviously Muniain who looks brilliant on the new update but all of them are quoting massive money at the moment.

Sounds like you're having an amazing season NorthernGooner:thup:, I'd be very happy if I can finish in the top 4.

I'm currently playing Jordi Alba at LB, set to Wing back - Attack, although like you I see him more of a winger, good pace, dribbling and crossing, but my Wingbacks are very attacking, take a look at Hugo Mallo from Celta Vigo, 20 year old and Spanish, and in Jan I brought in Munoz from Palermo, another young player, Argentinian but chose Spain instead. Never even thought of Viera from Las Palmas, brilliant player. Can't quite yet believe how well I'm doing with an average squad, I'm 2nd now but I'm only 1 point behind, so it isn't too bad. Having a squad revamp in the summer, getting rid of the likes of Mehmet Topal, Feghouli, Don't think I'm going to renew Miguel's contract and I may try and get Albelda on a pay as you play deal, because he has the experience and is a great tutor.

I'm currently playing Jordi Alba at LB, set to Wing back - Attack, although like you I see him more of a winger, good pace, dribbling and crossing, but my Wingbacks are very attacking, take a look at Hugo Mallo from Celta Vigo, 20 year old and Spanish, and in Jan I brought in Munoz from Palermo, another young player, Argentinian but chose Spain instead. Never even thought of Viera from Las Palmas, brilliant player. Can't quite yet believe how well I'm doing with an average squad, I'm 2nd now but I'm only 1 point behind, so it isn't too bad. Having a squad revamp in the summer, getting rid of the likes of Mehmet Topal, Feghouli, Don't think I'm going to renew Miguel's contract and I may try and get Albelda on a pay as you play deal, because he has the experience and is a great tutor.

EDIT: Well, things have just took a turn for the worst, played Barcelona, lost 2-0, fair enough not a big deal because well it's Barcelona and although I've beat them once I'm still happy with the result, but Roberto Soldado is now out for 5 months so that's his season over and most likely his Euro ambitions with Spain.

I do so hate the injuries these days on FM, not so much being without a player but the fact that invariably their attributes get totally ruined by it, hopefully Soldado comes back OK for you. I've had Parejo out for a month in pre season and now Pablo for 2-3 but I'm not so worried about him as he's not a fantastic tutor or player in my experience, Viera should be good cover for him. I'll check out Mallo, right back is not our best area. I'll probably have Alba as a left wingback when I need to play uber attack as Canella and Christian are decent players, also I've been disappointed that the tutoring option with Albelda has been greyed out as he's a great pro. Finally I think our transfer business could be done, signed Marino from Villarreal as reserve keeper although I was hoping to get someone a bit better and snapped up two regen CMs, Fran from Atletico and Federico Casado from Betis, both have Alcacer/Bernat potential so the weakest area of the current team could be solved in a couple of years.

Now two years down the line and the team is starting to take shape, in the first season we missed out narrowly on a top 4 place although really we had been pretty average all season and didn't deserve one. In terms of transfers the only signing during the year was Javi Garcia from Benfica who was used as a centre back alongside Victor Ruiz, after a slow start the star of the season was Soldado who banged in 28. Elsewhere there were decent performances from Alba on the left and Viera playing as a playmaker with license to roam from the right, Albelda produced some solid performances alongside Parejo in the centre and Canales was ok as an AMC.

For the second season Albelda retired so both Fran and Casado came into the frist team squad after doing well being tutored by Javi Garcia, we picked up Muniesa on a free from Barcelona and Munoz who had moved to Granada but not got enough football, he was capped by Spain under 21s so I thought I would go for him. Also got a regen centre back called Luis Manuel who I had my eye on for a year, Zaragoza let me have him for a ridiculous 550k, he has top potential. After a year of understanding the players and them learning how I wanted to play we were better in season 2, we didn't have many particularly disappointing games and were involved in a big fight for the top 4 all season and not far behind the top 2, eventually a run of 8 wins and 2 draws put us well in control of third place which we wrapped up by beating 4th place Atletico 3-1 at home ahead of 3 very difficult final fixtures, one of which was Real Madrid at home which we won 1-0 with pretty much the young players. In January we had snapped up Pozuelo from Betis who is a decent all round attacking player and also Jese from Real Madrid who is a definite talent, whether he can fulfil it is a different matter but when he played he made much more impact than I expected, playing a role in 9 goals from 9 starts.

Prior to the third season we were unable to persuade Canales to stay so I picked up Isco from Malaga to return to his former club as an almost identical player to Canales, elsewhere I signed a young DM who I will use as a right back in the future if he develops well and another young CB before splurging £14.5m on a 16 year old AM from Sevilla. He's clearly going to be a star player and the financial situation has improved dramatically, we even get to move to the new stadium at the end of this year.

Hopefully we can stay in the top 4 and get closer to the top and make an impact in the Champions League this time, right now the first team looks like this:

GK: Guaita

LB: Muniesa

CB: Victor Ruiz

CB: Javi Garcia

RB: Lora

LM: Jordi Alba

CM: Illarramendi

CM: Parejo

RM: Viera

AMC: Isco

ST: Soldado

You dont need to create the Nou Mestalla stadium in the editor, just search for "Nuevo Mestalla" and you'll find it. SI added the arena but the building was on ice until December, it's added now because the building has started agan.

• 4 weeks later...

Just about to start a Valencia save.

Haven't had a La Liga save on this FM yet so I'm looking forward to it.

Tactically I struggled on my Arsenal save so hopefully I'm more suited to Spanish football.

• 1 month later...

Just started a Valencia save, and have a couple of questions I was hoping people could help out with:

Firstly, what are people's finances like after the first season? Just seen that Valencia have two loan repayments, one for £660k a month until 2025, and the other for a staggering £3.2m a month until June 2012. Should I be resigned to losing masses of money during the first season? Any way to avoid this?

Secondly, I've let a few players go on transfers spread out over 24-48 months - how does this affect my transfer budget later down the line? Does it mean that they will be higher due to the steady flow of income?

And finally (a more generic question) if I want to bring in youngsters from those nations which only allow players to move after they become 18, does this mean that they can never become homegrown?

@numero uno gunner

Good luck with Valencia, it's a good challenge. I'm now in 2024 so I don't remember the details of the finances at the start too much but I don't recall any serious difficulties, the Spanish clubs do very well money wise plus after 2 years I think you get the new stadium which helps and you should be able to get rid of some of the clearly overpaid players, control over wages is always key at a club with some money issues. Anyway in 2024 I now have £400m in the bank although that's partly down to me making a team out of only Spanish players so I haven't splashed out on many big signings. Also my record signing was Muniain in the summer of 2014 for £25m so I must've had quite a bit of cash even then.

As for the transfers over 24/48 months it means the money comes in a steady trickle rather than one lump so initially your balance and budget will be lower, I don't know about the foreign player rule due to my Spaniards only policy.

@Cas46

Excellent news, thanks. I like the idea of an all Spanish side, but have opted for some cheap foreign signings on lower wages for now, with the aim of selling them on for a profit long term. I'm shipping out those overpaid players, and currently have over £200k excess in the wage budget, which will also help the financial stability.

No worries, make sure you keep an eye on Alcacer who is in the Valencia Mestalla team at the start, he may have a random PA but he should still be quality for you. For me he is the all time record goalscorer by a long way, I think he got 49 in the league one year and has a record of about 1 in 1 over his whole career.

• 1 month later...

Also started with this beaytiful team after i had a fantastic game with them on fm 11 and now i didnt know who to be, so it is Valencia.

Bought

Vrsjalko (att Fullback right)

Loan

Balotelli

OUT

Miguel 3m€ Sevilla

Dealbert 1.4m € Racing

Aduriz 4.1m € Atletico

Barragan (loan Deportivo 300k € + 100% wage)

Alcacer (loan Almeria 100% loan)

Won against Racing 2-0 , lost Atletico 2-0 won Litex 1-0

i play 451

Diego Alves

Vrsjalko - Rami - Costa - Alba

Maduro

Banega - Canales

Pablo --------- Piati

Soldado

With attacking Fullbacks

But it doesnt go like i want, still going on!

Amunt!

• 2 months later...

Archived