How do you Analyse?

I hope this is a useful thread, I am genuinely interested in getting your views on this question.

How do you guys use the Analysis options?

When you reply, please cover the following points if you can.

* Do you use the analysis after every match?

* Do you view analysis of upcoming opponents and tweak your tactics accordingly?

* How in depth do you go with it?

Thanks, I've started going into more detail to get the most out of my players. I'm not a TT&F purist but I enjoy working these things out rather than just picking my team for each game.

Cheers.

i use this option, once my team has settled and gelled, to look for weaknesses and strengths in my own team. I alter my tactics according to my needs. I then play a few matches and use the analysis again. Also, when I lose a match, i always have a quick glance at where my tactics failed me.

I als use custom views to analyse the statistics in depth.

I've never really analysed during FM. I will make necessary tweaks during a game (if I feel we're not holding the ball up well enough, if we need to get forward faster etc) but for the most part I stick to a standard formation and style for the team and watch them work their magic.

I'll make personnel changes for certain games, but I don't like tinkering with tactics too much.

I will use it at half time and full time. The most used tool at half time is the Action Zones. I find this to be a very useful graphic of what is actually going on with the possession.

Below is what I like to look at, you can see that I (red) had a lot of possession in their half and 21% in the danger zone, while they only had 5% in my penalty area. I had 26 shots 7 blocked and 12 on target and they had 5 shots 1 blocked and 3 on target. If I find that the bar graph is more evenly spread I will use what I have actually watched on the pitch to tweak or change to another tactic, I always watch the matches mostly in full or at least extended.

ManUtdvFulhamAnalysis_ActionZones.png

I will only analyze the opposition to see if they have a player I can wind up in the press or I they have some real talented players, I never pay them to much attention as they come to me as underdogs and I believe they would of made changes to their style to fit this occasion.

As for how in depth I go, I have to change how I read the stats because of what I have asked my players to do, If I use a more direct system I expect to see a drop in passing accuracy whereas my high possession tactic will yield a much better percentage in passes completed but a fall other areas such as runs past an opponent. The formation and philosophy of the opposition will also impact of these figures depending on how defensive or attack minded they are and what the actual shape of their tactic is on that day.

It is a very welcome set of screens for us to use and ponder over and I do think that I get a good overall picture of the how the match went but watching the game is a much better way to see what you need, lets face it, you can have 99% of every stat on their and still lose 1-0.

I have to admit that I don't bother myself with the analyze screen. To much numbers and honestly I find it boring and although it gives alot of details I don't have the braincapacity to get the big picture from all those tiny little details. So what I do instead is just watch the match in full and analyze it myself. I personally find that I get a much better picture of my teams/individual performance that way.

Archived