Backroom Advice: Whats Needed For Each Category

Hi Everyone,

After recieving some information from furiousuk I had to go back to the drawing board, so everything has been sorted now so the new table is below, which shows the attridutes required in order to achieve a high percentage in the Backroom Advice Panel on your coaches:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Category

[/TD]

[TD]Attribute

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Man Management

[/TD]

[TD]Level of Discipline, Motivation and Man Management

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Squad Management

[/TD]

[TD]Judging Players Current Ability and Man Management

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tactical

[/TD]

[TD]Tactical Knowledge or Tactical Coaching (Disregards Lowest Amount)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Training

[/TD]

[TD]See Description Below

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Youth Development

[/TD]

[TD]Working With Youngsters and Judging Players Potential Ability

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Recruitment

[/TD]

[TD]Judging Player Ability or Judging Player Potential (Disregards Lowest Amount)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Training Category

Three are 2 groups that effect the total percentage of the Training Advice bar, they are:

Group 1.) Attacking, Defending and Fitness Attributes

Group 2.) Mental, Tactical and Technical

This is the awkward part trying to explain this, so I hope it does the job in giving you an understanding. If group 1 attributes are lower than 17, Group 2 will have to be 20 otherwise Group 1 attribute will be used.

Scenario 1

Group 1 Attributes between 1 - 16 and Group 2 Attributes 20 = 100%

Scenario 2

Group 2 Attributes 20 and Group 1 Attributes 17 - 20 = 85% - 100%

Scenario 3

Group 2 Attriubutes 1 - 19 and Group 1 Attributes 9 -16 = 45% - 80%

Well I hope that made sense. The GK attribute has now barring on Advice so if your Assistant Manager is a GK Coach then you would need one of the Group 2 attributes to be 20.

The Welsh Lad

Hi steve I hope this will answer you question:

1.) JP CA 20 + JP PA 1 = 100%

2.) JP CA 1 + JP PA 20 = 100%

3.) JP CA 10 + JP PA 10 = 50%

EDIT: To Get 100% in reruitment you will need only One to be 20 anything else will result in a lower % if you have 19 for both it will only show 95% becuase the 2 are not added, thats why I said it was a strange category

I thought I'd do it beause I was trying to find a youth coach who would take charge so odviously need someone with good Youth Development but becuase I thought it involved Working with youngster and motivation when I found a coach with 20 in each the youth development was not full, so tried googling it and searching on here but could find anything, so I looked into it myself.

Good work Welsh Lad.

Setting up a good backroom staff is often overlooked. It's not the deepest area of the game but is still deep enough to be interesting and there are some extremely subtle mechanisms at work.

Since I've started to really flesh out my backroom staff with motivators and psychologists the effectiveness of my training is far better than simply maxing out the star ratings. My morale is far more stable and despite a few irksome players who like to have the odd bad month the effect of training is far more stable as well.

The Tactical and Training categories are wrong.

I have a coach with 100% in Tactical but he has only 15 for tactical knowledge (he's got 20 for tactical coaching though).

I have another coach with 20 for Mental coaching but only 70-80% for Training. His 12 Mental coaching colleague has about 90% for Training. Both coaches produce 4.5 stars abnd have decent attributes for determination, discipline and motivating.

Also, any ideas why my 13 Tactical Knowledge coach keeps giving tactial advise when I think I have coahces who could provide better opinions?

The Tactical and Training categories are wrong.

I have a coach with 100% in Tactical but he has only 15 for tactical knowledge (he's got 20 for tactical coaching though).

I have another coach with 20 for Mental coaching but only 70-80% for Training. His 12 Mental coaching colleague has about 90% for Training. Both coaches produce 4.5 stars abnd have decent attributes for determination, discipline and motivating.

Also, any ideas why my 13 Tactical Knowledge coach keeps giving tactial advise when I think I have coahces who could provide better opinions?

Better knowledge of the players?

Well I'll go over my findings again. But has the thread is based on Backroom Advice, Specific coaching attributes werent touched i.e attacking, defending, technical, tactical, fitness, gk. because they along with determination and motivation and level of discipline greate the star rating, But I was interested in the Blue bar in the advice section. I will widen my peramiters that I used and if need I will amend the OP

I've just had a quick staff search and the Training Bar seems to take the highest attribute from Attacking, Defending, Fitness, GK, Mental & Tactical i.e. all the training categories except for Technical (not sure why).

There is more going on here though as I can find a couple of examples where 20 Technical gives a full bar and other examples where 20 Technical does not. The same can be said for Tactical.

One thing Ive noticed with backroom advice which is a little confusing is when my assistant says something like I think player A should stop shooting so hard and the other staff members will either disagree or strongly disagree. Who do you trust!? As you've mentioned theres different stats that affect the judgement of the decision so whats the best way to know whos right?

I've also had the very annoying situation where my assistant has suggested a player work on a PPM and Ive said it to the player only for them to think Im an idiot and then get the hump with me and then theyre unhappy! very annoying

Determination, level of discipline and motivation are what self raising flour does for a light sponge, they give all the other staffing attributes a lift, try using plain flour and it will never reach it's peak.

I have a staff search filter with all three of these mentals set to 15 and then just look at who comes up. I will then lessen all three stats to 14 and search again. For example, you will never get a 5 star Goal keeper coach through a goalkeeper setting of 20.

I have found this to be true :-

Attacking helps Attacking - Shooting - Set pieces.

Defending helps Defending.

Fitness helps Strength - Aerobic.

Goalkeeping helps Goalkeepers.

Mental helps Ball control - Set pieces.

Tactical helps Tactics - Defending - Attacking.

Technical helps Ball control - Shooting - Set pieces.

Whereas the three mentals help all the above categories albeit in a slightly less amount.

Determination, level of discipline and motivation are what self raising flour does for a light sponge, they give all the other staffing attributes a lift, try using plain flour and it will never reach it's peak.

I have a staff search filter with all three of these mentals set to 15 and then just look at who comes up. I will then lessen all three stats to 14 and search again. For example, you will never get a 5 star Goal keeper coach through a goalkeeper setting of 20.

I have found this to be true :-

Attacking helps Attacking - Shooting - Set pieces.

Defending helps Defending.

Fitness helps Strength - Aerobic.

Goalkeeping helps Goalkeepers.

Mental helps Ball control - Set pieces.

Tactical helps Tactics - Defending - Attacking.

Technical helps Ball control - Shooting - Set pieces.

Whereas the three mentals help all the above categories albeit in a slightly less amount.

Yes these stats do help in improving the coaches Star rating for a specific coaching category. But for the Advice Section in the coaces personal screen only Level of Discipline and Motivation are used for Man Management. Determination does not have an influence in this area.

Archived