Visual Player Attributes - Do We Still Need Them?

Any ideas whether something like this will be made for FM14? Alternatively would the old files still work?

Think I'm gonna play the game with reduced information on attributes available, though I'd also like to find a way to hide all info from scout reports that relates to potential ability (including stars and descriptions such as "Could be a top Premier League Player")

There are new files available for FM14 now, here:

http://footballvideogames.weebly.com/fm14-mod-downloads.html

Haven't had time to check them with custom skins but they work with the light default skin, so class them as beta files until I get some feedback.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks very much for this, it seems exactly what I'm after. I never use the player search facility anyway as I consider it cheating and makes the game far too easy. I'll probably try this out on the demo for FM12. It would be good if the attributes panel could be replaced with the player stats screen ie, successful passes, tackle percentage etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who wants to play like this. For a while I felt like a seedy masochist wanting to punish myself by playing FM on ultra-realistic mode. Now, at least, I'm not alone. :)

So hang on, you wanted a set of attributes of 'skills' replaced with stats on how a player plays, i.e a set of ratings and numbers? Are you not totally contradicting yourself just a freaking little.

Ideally for Luka Modrić:

defending (tackling, positioning, marking) : average

creativity (creativity, flair, decisions, passing) : excellent

finishing ( finishing, composure, decision...) : average

movement (off the ball, anticipation...) : excellent

phisycal (strenght, balance, natural fitness, ...) : good

technique (technique, dribbling, first touch...) :good

some would stay as they are like speed, jumping, heading...

Yeah, this is how I'd envision player strengths and weakness could be displayed with the optional new scouting and attribute feature. It leaves more ambiguity than the current method of showing numerical values. It makes manager decision making more important when weighing up who to buy. Adds a better element of risk in buying duff players. I'm sure it could be fleshed out even further but as a start of a new way of player team building and added extra challenge to the system its a pretty adequate start.

I haven't seen a skin that can do that unfortunately. The closest I've seen was one in the skinning forum last year that turned the numerical values into coloured boxes. Check out the older threads for FM13 in the skinning forum as it may still be available for download somewhere.

Personally I just remove attributes completely and rely on all the other info we're given when scouting players and team building.

Archived