United we Stand, United we Fall

mark wilson27

November 1st: I was presented with the Manager of the Month Award before the match against Tottneham.

Tottenham Hotspurs v Manchester United:

We got off to a poor start as Tottneham sent the fans wild as Torje fired them into the lead. A lapse in concentration costing us dearly again. After the goal though we started to get back into the game and began to dominate proceedings. On the 17th minute we managed to equalise as Tevez fired in a shot off the crossbar to silence the home crowd. It got even better for us as two mintues later we went into the lead as Hargreaves headed in a Giggs cross. We were beginning to look very much in control and on the 31st minute we went further in front as Anderson rattled in a cracking freekick after he was fouled 25 yards out. Tottenham looked rattled and even more so a minute later as Rooney got into the scoring with a fine individual goal.

The second half was alot more tighter as Tottnehma went for damage limitation and stifled my midfielders. The only piece of action to call was Tottnehma pulling a late goal back on the 88th minute as Dixon fired in from short range. It wasn't anything more than a mere consolation.

Tottneham Hotspur 2 Torje 7, Dixon 88

Manchester United 4 Tevez 17, Hargreaves 19, Anderson 31, Rooney 32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 5th: Manchester United v Galatasaray; Champions League Group Stage

My team went straight for Galatasaray in search of an early goal, Unfortunetly the Turkish defence was very stirdy. On the 15th minute we got our first real chance as Tevez's shot went just wide of the upright. Galatasaray then came close as an error by Ferdinand was fired just over.

The second half was just as tight as the Turks kept a brick wall in front of there goal, yet on the 61st minute we managed to break our way through as Giggs ran onto a Tevez pass to slide the ball past the keeper and into the net. Galatasaray then started to come at us more knowing they neede the win as much as we did and on the 80th minute Van Der Sar somehow managed to deny them the chance of the equaliser. Four minutes later we killed the game off as Owen headed in with a great bravery to give us a good 2-0 win and all three points

Manchester United 2 Giggs 61, Owen 84

Galatasaray 0

Sorry to dissappoint you Spav but no I'm still in charge

November 8th: Manchester United v Manchester City:

We began the better as we controlled the ball alot better than City, on the 8th minute we had our first chance as Ronaldo headed just wide from a great cross by Giggs. Ronaldo then had another chance on the 15th minute with a fine rasping effort from 18 yards. He was beginning to dictate the pace of the game and it was his cross that set up the first goal as Carrick headed in but unfortunetly for us the assistant referee had noticed Carrick's high elbow on the keeper. Just before the break we had another bit of bad luck as we had to replace Ronaldo after he was clattered by two City defenders (the dirty tw@ts).

The second half began with City testing our keeper after Ferdinand failed to intercept a great throughball. After the scare we began to get into our rythmn again and on the 72nd minute we went into the lead as Owen fired in from 10 yards after sprinting clear of the City defence. We continued to press forward and got our reward on the stroke of full time as Owen volleyed in a Tevez cross. The perfect way to end the game but I wasn't happy with the referee for his lack of action with the tackle on Ronaldo ealry in the game

Manchester United 2 Owen 72, 90

Manchester City 0

Injury News: Ronaldo will be out of action for up to two months after fracturing a couple of ribs

November 19th: More injury worries see's Wes Brown out for up to three weeks after injuring his foot during the Internationals, also Ben Foster will missing for two weeks with a strained wrist again done during the Internationals. Not the news I needed especially three days before the trip to Liverpool

November 22nd: Liverpool v Manchester United

We got off to a terrible start as after only 37 seconds we were a goal behind after Torres had broken clear of my defence and slotted past Van Der Sar. I was livid especially after telling my players before the kick off that we needed to concentrate. Liverpool were full of confidence and it showed as they pounded us and we never got a touch of the ball. On the 20th minute we went a further goal behind as Torres again slipped through my defence to fired past Van Der Sar. I couldn't contain my anger as I ranted at my playersfrom the touchline. I was warned by the 4th official to calm down otherwise I will sopend the rest of the game in the stands.

At the half time interval I laid into my players and told them thye were embarresing and should be ashamed of themselves.

The second half started ok for us as Liverpool gave us a chance as Hypia was sent off on the 52nd minute for a two footed lunge on Tevez. Despite the sending off Liverpool were the better team and we were lucky not to go further goals down during the remaining minutes of the match. I was livid with my players at the full time whistle and had to get my assistant to do all the media crap.

Liverpool 2 Torres 37secs, 20

Manchester United 0

• 3 weeks later...

Spartak Moscow v Manchester United: Champions League Group Stage

After the effort against Liverpool I wanted an immediate responce from my players and within four minutes of the start they gave it me as Giggs opened the scoring on four minutes with a rasping effort from the edge of the area. We piled on the pressure and it wasn't long till the Spartak keeper was tested as Owen fired just wide of the post but it was enough to make the keeper dive like an Olympic diver. The first was hafl was nearly over when a slip in defence nearly cost us the lead as a poor back pass was intercepted and Van Der Sar had to dive to save it.

At half time I told my players to concentrate and for once don't let the lead slip.

The second half started ok for us as we controlled the ball we against a poor Spartak side. Ten minutes into the half we went a further goal in front as Owen fired in a screamer from 20 yards after brushing off three defenders. Spartak looked shell shocked and we took full advantage as we laid seige to there defence. Despite all our pressure we could only muster one more goal as Owen fired in a simple shot in on the 81st minute to give us the three points we needed to qualify for the next round

Spartak Moscow 0

Manchester United 3 Giggs 4, Owen 55, 81

A good win especially with a game against Chelsea coming and we now are in the 1st Knockout Round with a game to spare

29th November: Manchester United v Chelsea

We started well against Chelsea as we confined them to there own half, it wasn't long till we managed to test the keeper as Owen fired towards goal only to see his effort tipped round the post. From the resulting corner Rooney headed wide. On the half hour we lost concentration for a second and Lampard fired in a scorcher which ahd Van Der Sar at full stretch to save it. My players however came straight back at Chelsea and on the 42nd minute we took the lead as Owen slotted past Cech to make the Old Trafford faithful go wild.

The second half was much the same as we dominated much of the play and on the 67th minute we doubled our lead as Rooney slipped past the keeper to score, unfortuntaly the assistant referee called him up for offside much to his disgust. Rooney was then booked for his usual outburst of four letter words.

Despite controlling the game we didn't manage to add any further goals to the tally and ran away with all three points, but there are still a few things concerning me about my teams lack of concentration sometimes.

Manchester United 1 Owen 42

Chelsea 0

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Arsenal 34pts (14)

2nd: Manchester United 34pts (14)

3rd: Newcastle United 31pts (14)

December 1st: Anderson has been named the Young Player of the Month.

The FA Cup 3rd Round draw has taken place and we have been pitted against Norwich City at Old Trafford

December 3rd: Manchester United v Derby County

Derby began brightly, keeping the ball alot better than we were. On the 5th minute they had the first effort of the game as Howard fired towards Van Der Sars net, luckily he was awake enough to be able to tip it round the post. From the resulting corner Derby managed to score but the referee cancelled it out for a foul on Brown. In my opion a slightly dodgy descision but hey who am I to complain. Ten minutes later we finally managd to keep the ball long enough to have a chance to score but Owen's effort was better suited to a rugby field as his effort went high into the Stretford End. Derby again started to control the game and began piling pressure on my defence yet against the run of play we took the lead on the 26th minute as Nani got the ball on the half way line and ran clear to slot home past the onrushing Derby keeper. It got even better as eight minutes later we doubled our lead as Anderson's cross was headed in by Rooney to give him his first goal in nearly a month.

During the interval I told my players that despite leading 2-0 they didn't deserve to be and that there play was sometimes on par with a bunch of Sunday leaguers.

The second half was alot better for us as myn players upped the tempo alittle and began to play football. This didn't deter Derby who were still coming at us with everything they got and late in the half they scored, but yet again it was ruled out by the referee for what he called a foul. The Derby manager was irate and let the fourth official know what he thought about the desicion. Which led him to being sent to the stands.

Manchester United 2 Nani 26, Rooney 34

Derby County 0

After the game the press asked me what I thought about the referee's performfance and I told them in truth it was shocking and that I felt sorry for the Derby manager.

December 6th: Sunderland v Manchester United

We got off to a cracking start as after only four minutes we went into the lead as Owen headed in from an Anderson cross. Two minutes later Rooney came close with a thunderbolt that went just over the crossbar. Sunderland looked out of the game already and we had nearly 80 minutes left to play. On the 22nd minute we came close again as Hargreaves somehow got into the area and managed to head the ball towards the Sunderland goal, luckily for Sunderland there keeper was on hand to save well. It was completely one way traffic and on the 31st minute we was rewarded for our pressure as Owen added another goal to his tally with a snap shot from 16 yards.

The second half was much the same but unfortunatly our finishing was quite wasteful with Rooney being the main culprit. We did however add one more goal in the half as Owen completed his hattrick on the 73rd minute with a simple tap in after a fluff by the Sunderland keeper. An execellent performance which will hopefully set us up nicely for the game against Lyon in the week.

Sunderland 0

Manchester United 3 Owen 4, 31, 73

December 8th: Injury news see's us lose our recent top performing player Anderson to a chest injury sustained during training. He will be out of action for up to three months

December 10th: Manchester United v Lyon; Champions League Group Stage

A perfect start saw us a goal up within 19 seconds as Rooney fired in from 20 yards which left the Lyon keeper dumb struck. Yet our concentration didn't last as on the 7th minute Lyon equalised as Amauri fired in. I was furios with the lack of defending on him. Lyon then startd to attack us more and on the 14th minute they came close to taking the lead as Amauri again fired towards goal. Luckily his effort went just wide of the upright.On the half hour and slightly against the run of play we retook the lead as Rooney fired in again but this time from short range. It was becoming end to end football but no goals were scored in the remaining 15 minutes of the half.

The second half started well as five minutes in we went a further goal in front as Rooney completed his hat trick. Nine minutes later our game was marred as Hargreaves had to be replaced with a badly injured leg. This seemed to affect my players for alittle while as on the 63rd minute Lyon pulled a goal back as Arfa was on hand to deal with Van Der Sar's fumble. We couldn't seem to get back into the game and on the 74th minute Lyon equalised as Amauri headed in. My players still looked down hearted yet on the 82nd minute we retook the lead again as Rooney made it four goals for him but there was no celebration. Late into injury time we added another goal as Carrick headed in from Gigg's cross.

Manchester United 5 Rooney 19sec, 30, 50, 82, Carrick 90

Lyon 3 Amauri 7, 74, Afra 63

Injury News: Hargreaves will be missing frokm action for five months after breaking his leg

December 13th: Manchester United v Reading

After the great win against Lyon my players were looking alittle jaded and it showed as we let some sloppy passes go astray. Despite this we were in control of the game and didn't let Reading venture too far forward. We got our first chanve to open the scoring on the 23rd minute as Owen ran forward and fired towards goal, but his effort was deflected wide by the defenders foot. We were starting to mount alittle pressure and on the half hour Rooney fluffed the chance to make it 1-0 with an open net gaping in front of him. Five minutes before half time the game changed as Reading were reduced to ten men after Dawson was sent off for a proffesional foul on Owen which resulted in a penalty for us. Rooney stepped up for the kick and despatched it neatly into to left corner. It got even better as on the stroke of half time we doubled our lead as Ferdinand headed bravely in from a Giggs corner.

The second half was much the same as the first as we dominated the ten men of Reading yet it was Reading who scored first as Riordan fired in after breaking clear of the defence. However on the 70th minute we had the chance to go a further goal in front as Chimbonda brought down substitute Tevez in the area, Rooney stepped up for the penalty but his effort went high over the crossbar. (Johnny Wilkinson would of been proud). Rooney didn't let it bother him as he caused Reading all sorts of problems and on the 81st minute he made amends with a rasping effort which gave us a 3-1 lead. Late into injury time we wrapped up the game as Tevez fired in from short range to give us a convincing 4-1 win.

Manchester United 4 Rooney 41 pen, 81, Ferdinand 45, Tevez 90

Reading 1 Riordan 61

December 19th: The draw for the 1st Knockout Round of the Champions League has taken place and we drawn Dutch team PSV.

December 20th: Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United

We started brightly and within two minutes had the Balckburn keeper diving at full stretch to save his team. From the resulting corner we had the ball in the net but the referee ruled it for the goalscorer Rooney barging into the keeper. Five minutes later we caem close again as Rooney latched onto a Ronaldo throughball but his final effort went wide of the upright and he was beginning to get frustrated. Blackburn then came close as my defence seemed to fall asleep and we had to thank Brown for a brilliant last ditch tackle to prevent us going a goal down. Despite our domination we did go a goal down as Rooney's frustration got the better of him and a silly tackle earnt Blackburn a freekick and Rooney a yellow card. The freekick was despatched brilliantly by Pedersen and it left Van Der Sar with no chance. Five minutes later though we equalied as Ronaldo broke clear of the defence to fired in a rasping daisy cutter past the diving Blackburn keeper.

At half time I replaced Rooney and told him it was for his own good, he wasn't happy about it but what's he going to do.

The second half was only 17 seconds old when we took the lead as Ronaldo again fired in a screamer to give us the lead. Ten minutes later we had our keeper to thank as Balckburn came very close to equalising. The game was becoming end to end stuff yet noone managed to score again and we got a deserved 2-1 win but the performance was marred by the mardiness of Rooney.

Balackburn Rovers 1 Pedersen 23

Manchester United 2 Ronaldo 28, 46

Decmber 21st: I pulled Rooney into the office and told him that that sort of behaviour wasn't acceptable at my club. I told him also that he will not be playing in the next fixture and that he will be playing for the reserves.

December 26th: Derby County v Manchester United

Within five minutes of the start the home fans nearly had something to shout about as Derby came very close to opening the scoring with a fine long range effort which had Van Der Sar scrambling across the goalmouth to save. Derby were probing into our half more than we were in there's and on the 11th minute they tested the keeper again with a header from 6 yards, but our keeper was on hand to tip the ball round the post. We had our first effort on the 20th minute and it led to our first goal as Tevez fired in from 15 yards after a poor clearance by the Derby defence. Six minutes later we came close again as Tevez fired just wide of the upright. We were beginnging to get back into our stride and started to dominate Derby, yet we couldn't find that killer touch in front of goal.

The second half started with me changing the formation to a 4-3-1-2, but it didn't seem to work as we still struglled to finish off our numerous attacks. Eventually our wasteful finiching cost us as on the 73rd minute we conceded the equaliser as Feilhaber fired in a great effort. I was gutted as we had dominated so much of the second half. We tried in vain to get the winner but failed and the game ended in a disappointing draw

Derby County 1 Feilhaber 73

Manchester United 1 Tevez 20

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Arsenal 50pts (20)

2nd: Manchester United 47pts (19)

3rd: Newcastle United 41pts (20)

January 1st 2009:

The annual World/European Footballer Awards have been handed out and only one of my players came back with an award as Rio Ferdinand was named 3rd best Defender in Europe behind Mexes and Ramos

January 3rd: Manchester United v Norwich City; FA Cup 3rd Round

Its that time of the year again where the big boys join the FA Cup and we faced a potential banana skin against high flying Championship side Norwich. They certainly didn't lay down for this match as they came straight at us from the start and on the 11th minute they tested Foster with a long range effort which only just magaed to tip over the crossbar. Two minutes later Foster was again called upon as Norwich came close. I was getting worried as my players didn't seem to be controlling the game as they should've of. We finally made inroads into there half as Owen sprinted clear of the defence and fired towards goal but his effort sailed just wide of the upright. Just after the half hour we came close again as Owen rattled the upright when it was easier to score.

The second half began alittle better for us as we started to contrl the game more and on the 50th minute we came close again as Ronaldo's freekick was well saved by the Norwich keeper. We piled forward and we finally broke the deadlock on the 81st minute as Anderson fired home from 18 yards to send us into the next round.

Manchester United 1 Anderson 81

Norwich City 0

A hard fought game in which Norwich probably deserved at least a replay.

January 5th: Transfer news see's back up player Darren Fletcher agree terms to move to Valencia on July 1st. There will be no transfer fee as his contract runs out at the end of June.

The draw for the FA Cup 4th Round has taken place and we have been drawn away to Arsenal.

Norwich did themselves proud, was very lucky to get the win to be truthful Viper. Derby finished 14th I think last season so they did quite well not like the real team, but less said abiout them hehehe

January 7th: Aston Villa v Manchester United

The first match in a double header against Villa. We started brightly with some good passing and it wasn't long till we managed to test the Villa keeper as Tevez rattled the upright from 20 yards. This was quickly followed by Owen firing just wide after a great team move. On the 23rd minute we lost Tevez to injury after he suddenly pulled up on a run, this mean't I had no option to bring on Rooney for his first game since December 20th. On my part it was an insprired substition as a minute after coming on he sent us into the lead with a thunderoud effort from 25 yards which nearly ripped the net out. The game continued with us firing shots at Villa left right and centre and on the 44th minute Villa were thankful for a great block on the line by Melberg.

At half time I told the players to keep on the good work and be patient.

The second half was very quiet ass Villa seemed happy enough to soak up our pressure and try for the counter. It wasn't till the 84th minute that we wrapped the game up as Rooney doubled his and our tal;ly for the game with a fine headed from Ronaldo's cross. However a minute later we we peeged back a goal as Carew fired in from short range after barging his way through my defence but it was too little too late

Aston Villa 1 Carew 85

Manchester United 2 Rooney 24, 84

Injury News: Tevez will be missing for 3 months with a torn hamstring, not the greatest of news for the club

January 10th: Manchester United v Aston Villa

The second in our double bill with Villa and again we started the stronger and on the 11th minute Ronney nearly conitued his scoring from the last game but his shot went inches wide. Seven minutes later an old face came back to haunt us as Loui Saha fired Villa into the lead, it was a bitter pill to swallow as he made a point of coming past the bench whilst celebrating (the bast@rd)

Despite going a goal down we continued to press forward and on the 23rd minute Owen fluffed the chance for an eqauliser. It looked like ti was going to one of those days but on the 40th minute we finally got the equaliser we deserved as Owen fired in from short range to make it 1-1.

The seocnd half started well enough yet on the 50th minute Ronaldo killed our game as he stupidly got himself sent off after performing a vicious two foot lunge on Saha. The referee had no option but to send him off, meaning he will miss the forthcoming game with Arsenal.

After the sending off we failed to get going again but luckily for us Villa were struggling to make a decent attacking move and the game petered out into a 1-1 bore draw.

Manchester United 1 Owen 40

Aston Villa 1 Saha 18

Again I was left fuming at the stupidity of one of my players and all I could do was fined Ronaldo the maximum two weeks wages and told him anymore of that and he will be doing a Rooney and playing in the reserves for awhile. Now we just have to wait to see what the FA do about it but I know deep down they will extend the ban and rightly so

January 13th: More injury news see's Paul Scholes out for up to four months with a torn calf muscle sustained in training, meaning I now have three long term injury worries aswell as everything else like suspensions and minor injuries, just what I want before the games with Arsenal. No wonder managers go grey so quickly

Here you go Spav, get ready

January 14th: Arsenal v Manchester United

We got off to a great start as after only six minutes we went a goal in front as Owen fired in from short range to silence the Emirates crowd, yet four minutes later we let ourselves down as Adebayor fired in the equaliser. Ten minutes later though we came close to taking the lead again as Nani fired just wide after some great team work. Arsenal then came close as they fired just over with a rasping long range effort. The half was becoming very open and just before the half hour we took the lead as Aimar headed in from Nani's corner but it was ruled out after Aimar was adjudged to have fouled the keeper.

The second half began very well for Arsenal as they went into the lead on the 50th minute as Adebayor fired in from ten yards. Arsenal started to come at us more and began to dominate the game and on the 68th minute they went a further goal in front as Senderos headed infrom a Van Persie cross. I was furious with the lack of defending going on in my team. We just couldn't manage to get any sort of attack going and on the 89th minute we compounded our misery as a slack pass by Nani was intercetped by Adebayor who wasted no time in firing it past the diving Van Der Sar. I was disgusted with my teams second half performance

Arsenal 4 Adebayor 10, 50, 89 Senderos 68

Manchester United 1 Owen 6

I was furious with my players for there complete lack of effort in the second half, the team play was crap and it showed as Arsenal bossed our so called brilliant defence and midfield. Not discounting my attack who just failed to turn up. I was god damn livid

January 17th: The FA have informed me that Ronaldo will be suspended for an extra two matches following his sending off against Aston Villa, meaning he will be missing from todays game against Watford and the FA Cup tie against Arsenal

Manchester United v Watford:

After the crap against Arsenal I demanded a amuch improved performance. We started brightly and it wasn't long till we tested the Watford defence with a rasping effort from 10 yards from Rooney, unfortunetly the keeper was there to save well. On the 14th minute we broke the deadlock as Rooney fired in from ten yards after a great team move. It got even better as four minutes later we had doubled our lead as Nani fired in a great freekick after Owen was fouled on the edge of the area. It was becoming very one sided and on the half hour we added a further goal as Aimar rifled in after a great ball from Nani. I was very happy with the response from my players.

The second half start well for us as after only seven minutes we added another goal as Ferdinand headed in from a Nani corner. Watford finally got a shot off on the 61st minute but Van Der Sar was on hand to catch the effort. We conitnued to pile forward but the Watford keeper was there saviour with a string of fine saves. Late into injury time Watford pulled a goal back as Smith fired in from short range after some poor communication in my defence. However a minute later and with the virtual last kick of the ball we added another goal as substitute Fangzhuo fired in to wrap a convincing win against a very poor Watford side.

Manchester United 5 Rooney 14, Nani 18, Aimar 30, Ferdinand 52, Fangzhuo 90

Watford 1 Smith 90*

(*) Denotes first goalscorer

Next up is Arsenal in the FA CUp 4th Round

January 23rd: Reserve player Sam Hewson signed for Balckburn for a fee of £625,000

January 24th: Arsenal v Manchester United: FA Cup 4th Round

Our second game in seven days with the Gunners and I told my players they had to get some sort of result after the effort against them in the League.

Despite my team talk we did little in the first few minutes to show we were up for the game and it was left to Arsenal to entertain the fans. On the 11th minute Adebayor tested Van Der Sar with a cracking shot but our keeper was up to the task. Five minutes later we had Ferdinand to thank for a great block after the keeper had fluffed his catch. It was becoming very one sided and on the 31st minute we went a goal behind as another **** up in defence cost us a goal as Gallas headed in. I was furious and my mood didn't improve as on the 36th minute we lost club captain Gary Neville after he got himself sent off for a two footed lunge on Adebayor.

I couldn't speak to my players at half time and it went from bad to worse as two minutes into the half we went a further goal behind as Adebayor fired the Gunners into a two goal lead. Arsenal kept pressing forward and we just let them play, I was disgusted with my team. Three minutes from time Arsenal were reduced to ten men after Toures recieved his second yellow card of the game

Arsenal 2 Gallas 31, Adebayor 47

Manchester United 0

Alot of silly errors are creeping into my team and will try my best to get them out,

Thought you wouldn't appreciate the two losses Spav. Im getting my P45 ready for the board lol

January 28th: Manchester United v Everton

We started poorly as Everton passed the ball aorund alot better, despite there early pressure it was us who had the first real effort of the game as Rooney fired just over the upright. Everton then came close with a stunning effort from 25 yards. They begam to pressurize us alot more and it wasn't long till they opened the scoring as Yakuba fired in from short range after another silly slip up in defence.

At the half time break I told my players I wanted alot more from them and I changed the formation to a 4-3-3.

The change in formation took a few minutes to show rewards as my players began to control much of the attacking play yet my forwards seemed to struggle with the concept of scoring. On the 81st minute we finally got our reward as Fangzhuo fired in the equaliser. A minute later though Everton fired the ball into our net but luckily for us had it ruled out for a foul on Ferdinand. I was becoming more and more frustrated by my team but on the 90th minute we won the game with a fluky shot by Rooney. Despite the win I still wasn't happy with the performance and I let my team know

Manchester United 2 Fangzhuo 81, Rooney 90

Everton 1 Yakuba 34

January 31st: Coventry City v Manchester United

The last game in a hard month for my team and we began reasonably well as we controlled much of the play against a struggling Coventry side. We had to wait till the 22nd minute for our first real effort though as Owen could only head wide after a great cross by Nani. Three minutes later we came close again as Anderson rattled the upright with a corker from 20 yards. Our play finally got its rewards as on the 29th minute we went a goal up as Rooney who had been a spectator for most of the game came up to fire in from short range. Coventry were then reduced to ten men on the 42nd minute as Denilson was sent off for a blatant elbow on Ronaldo.

The second half was alittle tighter as Coventry pulled the remaining men back into defence, however we still controlled the game and on the 67th minute we doubled our lead as Rooney added another goal to his tally. (Maybe I should throw all my players into the reverves for a month if they come back playing this well)

However Rooneys goal was marred by Coventry's Giddings who wasn't please with Rooneys celebrations and got himself a second yellow card and then the red. Coventry were down to nine men yet they began to play better and on the 72nd minute they pulled a goal back as Gray fired in from short range. Just before the full time whistle they came very close to equalising but a great save by Foster denied them. I was happy with the three points but not happy with how we relaxed after the second sending off

Coventry City 1 Gray 72

Manchester United 2 Rooney 29, 67

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 60pts (25)

2nd: Arsenal 57pts (25)

3rd: Manchester City 50pts (25)

February 1st: Despite the loss in the League to Arsenal I still picked up the Manager of the Month award, which was a nice surprise after a month I and the board would rather forget

February 6th: Pablo Aimar has come back from his International match with Argentina with an ankle injury and will miss around a month. Also Wayne Rooney will miss around a week with a facial injury. Meaning for my next match against Bolton I will be without five first teamers

February 7th: Manchester United v Bolton Wanderers

We began slowly with alot of the players on the pitch strugling. Bolton were the first to have a shot but it was very poor and went wide of the mark. Bolton then came close with a much better shot which had Foster diving well to his left to save. On the 34th minute we had our first effort as Owen ran clear of the defence but his effort went wide. It looked like it was going to be one of those matches especailly as on the 44th minute Owen managed to miss an open net after he rounded the Bolton keeper.

I told my players at half time they needed to up there game and put more effort it.

The second half was alittle better as we begna to control the game and on the 50th minute Owen again came close with a long range effort. However nine minutes later substitute showed the experienced Owen how to do it with a great header to give us the lead. After the goal our dominance started to show as we piled forward and on the 76th minute we killed the game off as Owen finally put the ball into the net. Boltons misery was compounded as O'Brien was sent off for a second bookable offence

Manchester United 2 Brandy 59, Owen 76

Bolton Wanderers 0

My players will now be off to there respective National teams, I'm quite nervous especially after losing Aimar for a month

February 18th: PSV v Manchester United; Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

With a virtual full squad to choose from I was quietly confident of getting at least an away gola from the tie, and my players didn't dissapoint as they went straight on the attack from the whistle. Despite going all guns blazing we didn't get our first real effort on target till the 16th minute as Owen rounded the keeper and shot towards the goal, unfortunatly a PSV defender got back just in time to clear on the line. Six minutes later we came close again as Ronaldo fired in a great keeper which beat the wall but not the post. PSV were not getting anything of the ball and on the 36th minute we made the breakthrough as Rooney slipped past the defence to slot home. It got even better as a minute later Owen fired home to give us two away goals. The second goal seemed to spark something in PSV and they started to come back at us more and just before the break Van Der Sar at to be at his best to tip a long effort over the crossbar.

At half time I changed the formation to a 4-5-1 to shore up the midfield.

The formation worked as we started to second half controlling the play. PSV didn't manage to get anything towards goal during the remaining 45 minutes and we got a good win and more importantly we got two away goals to take to Old Trafford.

PSV 0

Manchester United 2 Rooney 36, Owen 37

February 22nd: Portsmouth v Manchester United

A very entertaining game for the fans as both teams went for it. Portsmouth were the first to come close with a good freekick after O'Shea fouled on the edge of the area. Luckily Van Der Sar was on hand to grasp the ball from the air, from his resulting throw out we set up a counter attack which was nearly finished off by Nani. Twenty minutes in we tested the Portsmouth keeper with a rasping effort which went nicely into his hands. Within a minute we came close again but yet again the Portsmouth keeper managed to block the shot. Portsmouth then came close but Ferdinand made a great last ditch tackle to save us going a goal behind. Just before the half hour we finally took the lead as Owen was first onto the rebound after the Portsmouth keeper fumbled a Ronaldo header. Portsmouth however didn't back down and continued to press forward at our goal. It was a real stormer of a game and the fans weren't happy when the referee blew for half time.

The second half was again an entertaining half with Pompey being the first to get an effort close to goal with Ferdinand on hand again to clear up. Just before the hour we got the chance to add another goal but Ronalo couldn't direct his freekick and it went wide of the upright. On the 62nd minute and after much pressure Portsmouth broke clear of my defence to fire home the equaliser via the right boot of Kranjcar. Both teams kept on pressing forward and depsite numerous shots the game ended as a very entertaining 1-1 draw.

Portsmouth 1 Kranjcar 62

Manchester United 1 Owen 29

February 28th: Manchester United v Newcastle United

Newcastle started brightly as they kept possesion of the ball alot better than we did. It wasn't long till Van Der Sar was called upon as he dived at full stretch to his left to save what was sure to be a certain goal. Two minutes later he rescued us again as my defence seemed to be still in the changing room. I couldn't believe what I was seeing by my defence. Again on the 17th minute the defence seemed to disappear and Van Der Sar was having to save our bacon. On the 38th minute we finally got an attack going and we nearly scored but for a couple of inches.

At half time I told the players I needed more from them especially the defence. They felt the full brunt of my anger after what was a very very poor first half by them.

The second half was much the same as Newcastle peppered my defence, yet on the 52nd minute we opened the scoring as Ronaldo broke clear from a counter attack to slot past the Newcastle keeper. Completely against the run of play. Newcastle though nearly hit back immediatly but Van Der Sar was there to rescue us. On the 57th minute Newcastle were reduced to ten men after Barton was given a second yellow card for dissent. The red card killed the game and we ended up with a very flattering 1-0 win.

Manchester United 1 Ronaldo 52

Newcastle United 0

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 67pts (28)

2nd: Arsenal 60pts (27)

3rd: Manchester City 54pts (28)

March 1st: I have been awarded the Manager of the Month award again for my unbeaten month which has seen me open a seven point gap on nearest rivals Arsenal

March 4th; Manchester United v PSV: Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg (agg 2-0)

With one foot in the 1/4 finals I told my players not to get complacent and to go out and make it safe. We began well and on the 11th minute we came close to taking the lead but the assistant referee ruled it out for offside. Two minutes later we came close again as Owen headed just wide after a great cross by Ronaldo. We were looking dominant and on the 21st minute we took the lead as Owen fired in after a good team move left him one on one with the keeper. My players continued with the assualt and on the half hour we doubled the lead as Ronaldo fired in a freekick from 25 yards after Owen was fouled on the way to goal. Our two goal cushion lasted one minute as PSV pulled one back through Budan. Two minutes later PSV's hopes of a comeback were dashed when Rau was sent off for a two footed lunge on Owen. We made them pay as on the 35th minute Owen fired in his second of the game. it got even better for us and Owen as he completed his hat trick on the 40th minute with a simple tap in.

The second half began well as we continued our forward pressure but we were beginning to get cocky and it showed as our finishing seemed to go astray. I wasn't happy with my players for the lack of respect they seemed to be showing to PSV. On the 70th minute PSV pulled a goal back on us as Adu fired in, despite PSV pulling a goal back they couldn't finish the job off and we ended with what should of been a far more convincing win

Manchester United 4 Owen 21, 35, 40, Ronaldo 30

PSV 2 Budan 31, Adu 70

Manchester United go through 6-2 on aggregate

March 6th: The draw for the Champions League 1/4 final see's us pitted against Lyon and the chance for us to get revenge for last year

Authors Notes: Due to playing the game so much over the last few days whilst the missus was away I'm going to do larger updates so I can catch up with where I am at the moment

March 14th: Manchester United v West Ham United

A game for the fans as they were treated to a goal frenzy, it all started in the 4th minute as Rooney opened the scoring with a good volley from Nani's cross, this was followed tywo minutes later by Menez equalising for West Ham. West Ham cintinued forward and on the 10th minute they went a further goal in front with a brave diving header by Menez again. On the 20th minute we had our chacen to eaualise but Browns header went wide. We came close again on the 31st minute but Rooney's effort was wide. He made up for it nine minutes later though as his pin point pass was latched onto by Owen who wasted no time in firing past the Hammers keeper. Our joy was short lived as two minutes later West Ham retook the lead. We ended the half with Owen rattling the crossbar late into injury time to bring an enthralling half to a close.

The second half was much the same as both teams piled forward at every opportunity. West Ham had the first effort of the half as Rio's brother Anton headed into the goal but had it ruled out for a foul on Van Der Sar. It wasn't long till we had our next chance as O'Shea's header went wide of the post. We finally equalised on the 89th minute as Giggs fired into an open net after he had rounded the Hammers keeper. We had to share the points but in truth it was a fair result and at least the fans were entertained

Manchester United 3 Rooney 4, Owen 40, Giggs 89

West Han United 3 Menez 6, 10, Ljungberg 42

This was the last match of the month due to Internationals meaning we had only played two matches.

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 68pts (29)

2nd: Arsenal 66pts (29)

3rd: Manchester City 57pts (30)

April 1st: Manchester United v Lyon; Champions League 1/4 Final 1st Leg

A rerun of last seasons 1/4 final and I told my players I didn't want to fall at the same stage.

My players did me proud as they came out all guns blazing and we didn't have to wait long for us to test the Lyon defence as Ronaldo tied the Lyon defence in knots with his trickery. It was his trickery that set up the first goal as Owen benefited from his cross to head the ball in on the 18th minute. This was quickly followed by Rooney doubling our lead with a daisy cutter from 18 yards. We were all over Lyon and on the 29th minute we went a further goal in front as Owen doubled his tally for the night and added our third. Yet as has happened so often recently we fell asleep and Lyon pulled a goal bacok on the 34th minute via the right boot of Fred. At half time I told the players to carry on with how they are playing but whatever they do don't concede antoher goal, we can't afford to go back to France with away goals hovering over our heads.

Lyon started the better in the second half with some great passing moves which carved open my defence, luckily for us Van Der Sar was on hand to get his bopdy in the way several times to prevent Lyon scoring. It didn't take us long though to get back into our rythmn and we began to cause Lyon some problems, yet it took us till the 82nd minute to kill the game off as Owen completed his second hat trick in three games.

Manchester United 4Owen 18, 29, 82, Rooney 22

Lyon 1 Fred 34

April 4th: Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspurs

After the effort my players put in for the Lyon game I expected my players to feel alittle jaded but they surprised me as we completely dominated an in form Spurs side.

The fans only had to wait two minutes to see a chance as Owen fired just wide after recieving a great throughball by Ronaldo. From the goal kick we nearly got punished as Spurs managed to test my defence's resolve, luckily for onbce they were up to the task as Ferdinand cleared the danger. On the 15th minute we took the lead as Owen continued his excellent scoring to make it 10 goals in 7 games. Unfortunatly three minutes later whilst trying to score again we had to replace him after he was barged high in the body. Tevez came on to make his return after a torn muscle nearly three months ago. Losing Owen seemed to ruin our flow and we struggled to get any real shot on target but we controlled the game enough to make sure Tottenham were getting nothing of the ball.

The second half began well again for us as we kept Tottenham on the back foot. We were still struggling though to carve an attack out, but on the 74th minute we finally got our act together and scored as Ronaldo fired in from 12 yards to double our lead. We kept on pressing forward and on the 90th minute we killed the game off as Carrick fired in against his old club. Late into injury time Tottenham pulled one back as Pongolle headed in but it nothing more than a consalation goal.

Manchester United 3 Owen 15, Ronaldo 74, Carrick 90*

Tottenham Hotspurs 1 Pongolle 90

(*) Denotes first scorer

Injury News: Owen's injury will see him miss around a fortnight after straining his neck, Other new's see's Aimar damaging his foot very late in the game he will be missing for around three weeks. Which is a blow after it was his first game back since his Ankle injury playing for Argentina

April 8th: Lyon v Manchester United; Champions League 1/4 Final 2nd Leg (agg 4-1)

Only a miracle would stop us going through to the semi's and there was none tinight as my Manchester United side showed the French how to play football. We took ahile to get our first goal as Nani broke clear of the defence to fire past the stranded keeper on the 16th minute. Nani then came close with another effort as he fired towards goal on the 25th minute but the Lyon defence managed to save the ball at the last minute. We were all over them and on the 32nd minute we doubled our lead as Tevez fired past the onrushing keeper after a great through ball by Ronaldo. It continued to be one way traffic and on the 40th minute we made it 3-0 as Tevez again fired past the keeper.

At half time I congratulated the players on the perfect half and told them they were 45 minutes from the semi's.

The second half was all us again as we controlled every aspect of the play and the only reason we didn't add to our tally was some poor finishing by the team. On the 87th minute Lyon's night was made worse as Kallstrom hacked down Nani to earn himself a striaght red card.

Lyon 0

Manchester United 3 Nani 16, Tevez 32, 40

Manchester United progress to the semi finals 7 - 1 on aggregate

April 10th: The draw for the Champions League semi finals has taken place and we will be facing Porto with the first leg being played away in Portugal

Manchester City v Manchester United

We now had a tough local derby against City and unlike Lyon they didn't roll over and die, they came at us from the start and caused my defence alot of problems and on the 14th minute they had the first shot of the night as they fired from 15 yards. Luckily O'Shea was there to block the effort. Two minutes later Van Der Sar was on hand to rescue us after City came close again, it was getting very one sided and on the 28th minute we went a goal down as Dzsudzsak fired past the out of position Van Der Sar. We continued to get pummelled and I was very glad for the half time whistle.

At the break I laid into my players telling them they were embaressing themselves with what they were calling football.

The second half began alittle better for us as we managed to string more than a couple of passes together and on the 55th minute we came close to equalising but Tevez's shot was saved well by the City keeper. After the shot we seemed to struglle again as City's passing game kicked in. Late in the game City killed it off with a fine team move which ended in Bojinov firing past Van Der Sar. I was fuming and so were the away fans who booed us off the pitch

Manchester City 2 Dzsudzsak 28, Bojinov 90

Manchestre United 0

April 13th: Manchester United v Liverpool

Another tough game but my players began well and we didn't have to wait long till the first shot was fired off as Owen came close to scoring against his old club but his effort was wide. Liverpool then showed about of attack clout as they tested Van Der Sar twice in a matter of seconds but he was up to the task and stopped Liverpool taking the lead. On the 38th minute we got the break we was looking for as a poor pass by Carragher was picked up by Tevez who wasted no time in firing it past the keeper to send the Old Trafford faithfull wild.

The second half started better for Liverpool as they began to dominate the play and on the 55th minute they caem close to firing in the equaliser but Neville was on hand to clear. Five minutes later though we did concede as Lucas jumped highest to head into an open net after Van Der Sar failed to grasp the ball. We tried to get the winner but Liverpool sent all ten men back to defend and my team struggled to break them down.

Manchester United 1 Tevez 38

Liverpool 1 Lucas 60

April 18th: Chelsea v Manchester United

The third tough game in a row and this time we had to travel to Stamford Bridge. It didn't take long for us to ge the chance to take the lead as Ronaldo's freekick was headed into the net from Brown. Ten minutes later we had the chance to double our lead as Ronaldo lined up a freekick from 20 yards after Tevez was fouled. Unfortunatly he couldn't get the ball past the wall and Chelsea cleared the ball. We pressed forward and on the 35th minute we doubled our lead as Rooney fired in a daisy cutter, I was delighted with the way the team were playing and at half time I told them to carry on.

They did just that as four minutes after the restart we went 3-0 up as Rooney again scored. It was getting very one sided but after the goal my players seemed to relax and on the 64th minute we were punished as Pandev fired in Chelsea's first. Chelsea stepped up a gear and began to piled forward at every chance and on the 67th minute they pulled another goal back as Lampard fired in a great freekick after Neville gave away a silly foul just outside the area. Chelsea were coming at us all guns blazing and on the 85th minute they came close to snatching the equaliser but Van Der Sar was on hand to save our blushes. As the whistle blew I blew a sigh of relief. We were very lucky not to lose the three goal lead and the three points

Chelsea 2 Pandev 54, Lampard 67

Manchester United 3 Brown 7, Rooney 35, 49

A good win going into the semi fianl against Porto and hopefully I wont need to get my P45 out ready for Spav

April 22nd: Porto v Manchester United; Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg

We seemed to struggle in the opening minutes as Porto kept possesion alot better than we did. However despite this we managed to have the first effort as Owen fired just wide of the upright after a good ball by Nani. Porto then had there chance and unlike us they took it as Postiga fired them into the lead on the 22nd minute. Soon after Porto came close again as my team looked half asleep.We were beginning to get overwhelmed by the constant Porto attack and on the 38th minute our cause wasn't helped as G.Neville got himself sent off for a very silly two footed lunge on Gonzalez. I was furious. Porto continued to pile forward and just before the break they scored again but luckiyl for us the attacker hadn't timed his run right and was caught offside.

At the break I told my players they just needed to keep Porto out of our half and make sure they don't score again so we had a chance in the second leg.

The second half was again mainly Porto as we struggled with ten men, yet on the 59th minute we somehow managed to scrabble an equaliser as Ronaldo bundled in a fumble by the Porto keeper. Our joy was short lived though as seven minutes later Porto retook the lead as Lulinha fired past Van Der Sar. Despite the loss I was pleased with my ten mens performance and the fact we got an away goal is even better news.

Porto 2 Postiga 22, Lulinha 66

Manchester United 1 Ronaldo 59

April 26th: Manchester United v Sunderland

A real dire game as my playres didn't put any effort in, whether it was the fact they were jaded or just plain laziness. Sunderland did try to liven the game up but due to there passing and my team tackling when needed to they never got in a position to trouble Foster.

A real bore draw the fans wished they'd not bothered coming to see

Manchester United 0

Sunderland 0

My only worry about the last game is that if we play like that against Porto they will rack up a cricket score against us, plus we need to score at least one goal to stand a chance of reaching our first final since 1999

April 29th: Manchester United v Porto; Champions League semi final 2nd leg (agg 1-2)

Before the match the Uefa representative informed me that G.Neville has had is ban extended by two matchs meaning he will miss the Final if we reach it and the first European match of next season if we qualify.

My players knew what they ahd to do and they came straight out at Porto, who looked alittle shocked especially with way we played against them in the first leg. It wasn't long into the match that we tested the Porto keeper as Tevez headed into his hands after a great long pass by O'Shea. On the 26th minute we had our next chance as Owen rattled the upright after Tevez had done all the hard work to send him clear. Porto then came close two minutes later after a poor clearance by Brown let them through, luckily for Brown and the rest of the team Van Der Sar was there to react well with a cracking save. Five minutes before the break we got the break we needed as Ronalod dived in to connect his head onto a Nani cross to put us a goal up and level on aggregate.

the second half was more open as Porto started to come at us more and on the 54th minute they tested our resolve again and Brown made up for his ealrier mistake with a great tackle to stop the Porto attack. On the 78th minute we should've wrapped the game up but Owen again managed to fluff his chance, it was one of those games for him. A minute before the end he should've killed the game off again but he sent the ball high over the crossbar. Despite the miss we won the game 1-0 and due to the away goal rule we were through to the final.

Manchester United 1 Ronaldo 40

Porto 0

Manchester United advance to the final on the away goal rule after a 2-2 aggregate scoreline, where we will be facing English opponents Arsenal after they overcome Barcelona 7-4 on aggregate

Premiership Top Three:

1st: Manchester United 76pts (34)

2nd: Arsenal 74pts (35)

3rd: Manchester City 70pts (36)

May 2nd: Reading v Manchester United

We began well in this potentialy tough game and on the 7th minute we had the chacne the open the scoring but Owen fluffed his shot again and his confidence looked to be waning. Five minutes later he again missed an easy chance to score when it was easier to score. On the 24th minute we took the lead as Tevez showed Owen what to do with a good 18 yard effort. Reading then woke up after the goal and started playing alittle better and on the 34th minute they broke clear of the defence but Foster was on hand to tip the ball round the post, from the resulting corner Foster caught the ball and set up a counter attack but again Owen missed the chance the score. Just before the break we doubled our lead as Ronaldo fired in a freekick after Tevez was hauled down 25 yards from goal.

At half time I took Owen off and brought Rooney on.

The second half was alittle quieter but we still managed to dominate much of it but unfortunatly couldn't finish off any of our attacking moves. On the 78th minute we had to replace Ronaldo after he gashed his arm after a bad foul.

Reading 0

Manchester United 2 Tevez 24, Ronaldo 45

Injury news: Ronaldo will be missing for around a week after recieving a gashed arm which need a couple of stitches

May 4th: Middlesbrough v Manchester United

We made a good start to the game and on the 5th minute we should have gone into the lead but the Boro keeper dived brilliantly to stop Rooneys effort. Boro responded well and it took them till the 18th minute to get the first effort off which Foster did well to block. Luckily noone was there to fire in the loose ball and it was cleared by Ferdinand. Ten minutes later we went into the lead as Owen finally broke his dry spell which had lasted since the start of April. It got even ebtter for him as eight minutes later he doubled our lead after a slip in the Boro defence let him through. A minute later though Boro pulled a goal back as Lita fired in.

The second half began well for us as within three minutes we had regained our two goal cushion as Owen completed his hat trick. We kept on going forward and this time it was Tevez who began being wasteful with his efforts and by the end of the match he could of got himself a hat trick aswell.

Middlesbrough 1 Lita 39

Manchester Untied 3 Owen 28, 36, 48

Even better news was that the evening kick off had seen Arsenal lose 2-0 to Blackburn Rovers which meant we had regained our Premiership title.

The chairman was elated for the team but informed me that we still had two league games left and the Champions League final to contend with and that any partying would have to be done after them.

May 7th: West Bromich Albion v Manchester United:

My players looked alittle jaded today, whether they had partied hard or the fact this was our third game in five days I can't say.

After only 13 minutes we had gone a goal behind as Miller fired in from distance to beat Van Der Sar. I was worried as WBA were beginning to dominate the game and four minutes later they nearly scored again with a rasping effort. On the 26th minute against the run of play we pulled a goal back but WBA were still piling forward and on the 32nd minute they retook the lead as Vaughan fired in. Eleven minutes later we managed to equalise again against the run of play as Owen headed in.

The second half began poorly for us as we struggled to contain WBA nad on the 59th minute they scored the winner as Vaughan fired in after some sloppy tired play by my defence. I wasn't best pleased with my team but I couldn't get too angry as they had played well for the majority of the season and we had the Premiership title in the bag.

West Bromich Albion 3 Miller 13, Vaughan 32, 59

Manchester United 2 Owen 26, 43

The players were now looking forward to the final game of the season were we can lift the Premiership Trophy in front of our own fans

May 10th: Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

Balckburn were cheered onto the picth as if they were the home team after there win over Arsenal handed us the title.

The fans might of welciomed them but my players didn't as we destroyed them in the first half. On the 14th minute we started the scoring as Rooney fired from short distance to virtually rip the net open. We piled forward and on the 26th minute we doubled our lead as Owen continued his scoring form with a great header. Nine minutes later it got even better as Rooney fired in after a good team move left him with a near empty net to shoot into. It seemed everything was going our way and on the 38th minute a fluffed effort by Owen crept in to make it 4-0 and we still had 45 minutes to play.

The second half was a different story as Blackburn came out and scored with the first two minutes as Cruz fired in. This was quickly followed by a second by Cruz on the 49th minute. Still I wasn't too worried as my team started to get back into the game and on the 63rd minute we had to chance to go further in front but Ronaldo's effort went just over. On the 68th minute Blackburn pulled another goal back as Cruz completed his hat trick. This however was the last goal of the match.

Manchestre United 4 Rooeny 14, 35, Owen 26, 38

Blackburn Rovers 3 Cruz 47, 49, 68

My players collected there medals and we all went to the fans and celebrated. But I knew we had one last game to get through and already I was planning who would play and how I would cope with an Arsenal team who will definately be up for some sort of revenge on us

May 11th: The end of season awards have been handed out and Ronaldo has won the Footballer of the Year with Owen 2nd and Fabregas completing the top three.

Anelka was the top scorer with Owen 2nd and Van Persie 3rd

Elano was voted Players Paler of the Year with Rooney 2nd and Lampard 3rd

Anderson has been named Players Young Player of the year with Bendtner 2nd and Aissati 3rd

I have been voted Manger of the Year

Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Owen and Aimar have been voted into the Players Team of the Year

May 13th: This seasons Euro cup has been won by Palermo with a 2-1 win over Real Zaragoza

May 16th: The FA Cup has been won by Liverpool with a 2-0 win over Blackburn Rovers

May 20th: Manchester United v Arsenal; Champions League Final (Olimipco, Rome)

We got off to a great start as after only ten minutes we were a goal up as Rooney fired in from short range. Arsenal came close soon after to equalising but Van Der Sar was in the right position to save. On the 15th minute we came close to doubling the lead but a poor finish by Rooney cost us. Six minutes later Arsenal hit us on the break and scored the equaliser as Adebayor ran clear of my very sluggish defence to slot past the despairing Van Der Sar. It was bcoming a very entertaining game and on the half hour Owen had the chance to give us back the lead but a brilliant save by the Arsenal keeper rescued them.

The second half began at a slow pace as both teams seemed to be feeling each other out. Arsenal were the first to test the resolve of the opposition as Ferdinand had to time his tackle perfectly to save us. On the 70th minute we got the goal we were looking for as substitute Tevez headed in from a Giggs cross. Arsenal had no option but to pile forward in search of the equaliser but failed to score anything else which meant we had won the Champions League.

Manchester United 2 Rooney 10, Tevez 70

Arsenal 1 Adebayor 21

Me and the players were celebrating round pitch and when we lifted the Trophy the crowd went wild. I was over the moon with my players in what had been a difficult season. I told the players to enjoy the win.

May 21st: After the jubilation came some more awards for my players as Owen was named the best Champions League player with Rooney 2nd and Giggs 3rd.

Van Persie was the top scorer with Owen 2nd and Eto'o 3rd.

Rafael, Ronaldo, Anderson, O'Shea, Giggs, Carrick and Owen were all named in the Champions League select xi

Final Premiership Standings

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Pos ¦Inf ¦Team ¦GP ¦ W¦ D¦ L¦GF¦GA¦PTS¦Last Season ¦

1st ¦ ECC¦ Manchester United ¦38 ¦26¦ 7¦ 5¦84¦42¦ 85¦ 1st ¦

2nd ¦ ECC¦ Arsenal ¦38 ¦23¦ 9¦ 6¦81¦45¦ 78¦ 3rd ¦

3rd ¦ ECC¦ Manchester City ¦38 ¦23¦ 4¦11¦66¦46¦ 73¦ 7th ¦

4th ¦ ECC¦ Newcastle United ¦38 ¦22¦ 5¦11¦62¦36¦ 71¦ 4th ¦

5th ¦ EC ¦ West Ham United ¦38 ¦19¦ 9¦10¦63¦38¦ 66¦ 11th ¦

6th ¦ EC ¦ Chelsea ¦38 ¦17¦13¦ 8¦57¦35¦ 64¦ 2nd ¦

7th ¦ EC ¦ Liverpool ¦38 ¦19¦ 7¦12¦60¦44¦ 64¦ 6th ¦

8th ¦ EV ¦ Aston Villa ¦38 ¦15¦13¦10¦61¦53¦ 58¦ 15th ¦

9th ¦ Blackburn Rovers ¦38 ¦16¦10¦12¦54¦50¦ 58¦ 16th ¦

10th ¦ Tottenham Hotspurs ¦38 ¦15¦12¦11¦62¦60¦ 57¦ 9th ¦

11th ¦ Portsmouth ¦38 ¦16¦ 5¦17¦57¦54¦ 53¦ 8th ¦

12th ¦ Everton ¦38 ¦14¦10¦14¦51¦59¦ 52¦ 17th ¦

13th ¦ Bolton Wanderers ¦38 ¦14¦ 9¦15¦62¦62¦ 51¦ 13th ¦

14th ¦ Middlesbrough ¦38 ¦14¦ 8¦16¦59¦70¦ 50¦ 5th ¦

15th ¦ Sunderland ¦38 ¦11¦ 7¦20¦46¦65¦ 40¦ 12th ¦

16th ¦ Derby County ¦38 ¦ 9¦13¦16¦46¦66¦ 40¦ 14th ¦

17th ¦ Reading ¦38 ¦ 9¦ 7¦22¦48¦67¦ 34¦ 10th ¦

18th ¦ R ¦ West Bromich Albion ¦38 ¦ 5¦10¦23¦51¦83¦ 25¦ Championship ¦

19th ¦ R ¦ Watford ¦38 ¦ 6¦ 5¦27¦39¦88¦ 23¦ Championship ¦

20th ¦ R ¦ Coventry City ¦38 ¦ 2¦ 7¦29¦29¦84¦ 13¦ Championship ¦</pre>

Authors Notes: Just about died of shock at actually getting the coding right for the Table above

Competitions Entered:

Premiership: Champions

FA Cup: 4th Round

League Cup: 3rd Round

Community Shield: Winners

Champions League: Winners

Top Scorers:

Owen 39

Rooney 25

Tevez 16

Ronaldo 12

Anderson 6