Goals From Corners? 11.3

And far post corners also rack up goals. I'm sure that you could aim in the middle and get a decent amount of goals with some set-up. The best I've had is with two aerially dominant players at the far post and a great corner taker in a lower league, but I'm sure they would have worked fine at any position.

I think that there's a few good ways to organise your players for a corner:

1. Make a unit of your best headers/jumpers all in one spot and always aim for that spot. (for example: stand on far post + attack far post, aim for far post)

2. Distribute the best headers/jumpers evenly. (attack far post + attack near post + attack from deep, mixed corners)

3. Make a unit of your best Jumpers in one spot and have an average jumper but good header at another spot. The jumpers work as a decoy. (Jumpers at near post as in 1., good Header attacks far post, aim at far post.)

I use each method depending on what sort of players I have. 1 is good if you have a small team with a couple of big guys, 2 is good if you're strong in the air throughout the team, 3 is good if your big guys aren't that skillful and you have a smaller but more adept header. A good corner taker helps a lot as well and I don't think that the corner taking attribute is the only thing that matters here. You'd better look at the corners that your guy is giving and if you're not happy you might want to give a chance for another player.

I use a version of the near post tactic. It is good, but not anywhere near as good as the best corner tactic was on FM 10. I am not even top team with goals scored from corners with the near post tactic on this year's FM - though a good second will do for me :)

Archived