Concentration Attribute...

This may seem like a stupid question, but is the Concentration attribute necessary for more attacking-minded players such as AMCs and FCs?

Actually I think it is quite important for attacking-minded players too. With poorer concentration you will see more ball losses. I have a forward with concentration 6 I think I've conceded at least two goals because he easily lost the ball in the opponent's half. It was even stated in the commentary line, that these goals were result of his mistakes.

I've always thought it wasn't that important, which is why I tend to have zero defending in their schedule. The same goes for Composure for goalkeepers and defenders. I usually have them low but some in-match commentaries state "he showed good composure there." Which makes me wonder if these attributes are necessary despite them being very low on the pecking order.

Composure is actually quite important for any player who gets under pressure often. If your DC's have to make a clearance while an ST is storming towards him his composure will decide whether he will keep his cool and pass to a FB or GK or will lose his cool and make a wild clearance. Same with MC's getting closed down, if they have good composure they will still be able to use all their mental skills and play a good attacking pass, if they have low composure they will more often just pass it sideways or hoof it upfield. Composure is the ability to stay cool under pressure so any player who comes under pressure often and still has to make good decisions will benefit from having it.

Concentration for attacking players is also beneficial as being focused all game will certainly help a bit but it's far more important for defenders as one laps in concentration can cost you the game.

No problem :)

A good example of a very focused striker is Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. He is known (or was known in his ajax days at least) for never letting an opportunity go to waste. If you gave the kid a chance he would always take it and he would never miss a throughball or other opportunity. He was focused throughout the game and this is probably the reason he has 19 concentration in FM. This doesn't mean that concentration is vital or even important for strikers but it shows how it can benefit a strikers game (His anticipation and off the ball play a bigger part to his success in this area than his concentration).

Concentration is a background attribute that basically, in normal terms, contributes to how 'active' a player is, along with work rate, teamwork & determination so it's pretty important although most people would favour the other 3 background attribs as they have influence in other areas too

Archived