Loaded with youth...how to get the most out of them?

So I have a save in the 2040s on FM10, finally came from L1 to PL, and after 5 years in the PL instead of building my team to become champions, now being champions, I am trying to sustain dominance.

I have bought about 15 players in the last 2 years who are all under18. They all have a PA of 3.5 or 4 stars, however all but a couple have their CA at 1 star. One of the players I brought into first team immediately has gone from 1 star to 4 stars, and is absolutely dominating the game. Has like 40 goals in 30 games so far this season.

I want the players I bought to become dominating players like him, but they are not good enough for my starting 11. They suck in the first team (kids who are 15, 16 especially).

My training facilties and youth academy etc are all top notch as high as you can get (cannot upgrade either for last 3 years), all excellent or w/e.

Currently I am having one or two on the subs list per game, and sometimes will call them into the game if i'm desperate or have a safe lead. They all play on the u18 team, which freaking rapes everything and everyone. And they are all available for reserves team, and I'm leading reserves table as well.

Question I have is, is this the way to do it? They aren't getting much (if any) time in my starting 11, they play reserves and u18s. But my training facilities are all excellent, and if i send them out on loan to a L1 side or something, I'm thinking they wont get their CA higher instead of staying in my program.

Do I loan these kids out to lower leagues or even EPL sides? Do I keep them in my u18 exclusive and have them play random EPL/Cup game? Or keep them current, and have them in reserves and u18 with random EPL/cup game?

The very short answer:

Match experience > training

But match experience needs to be at a sufficient level to benefit the player, i.e. a player of Championship quality will not benefit from playing in L2 etc. And you will still want your players to spend some time training with your presumably much better coaches and on your excellent training grounds, in order to turn CA gains into gains in the right attributes.

You should probably be keeping the best (i.e. most developed) youth players at your club and giving them semi-regular game time. Start them in the cups against weaker teams and against the league's cannon fodder, and bring them on as you have been when a game is won.

So I have a save in the 2040s on FM10, finally came from L1 to PL, and after 5 years in the PL instead of building my team to become champions, now being champions, I am trying to sustain dominance.

I have bought about 15 players in the last 2 years who are all under18. They all have a PA of 3.5 or 4 stars, however all but a couple have their CA at 1 star. One of the players I brought into first team immediately has gone from 1 star to 4 stars, and is absolutely dominating the game. Has like 40 goals in 30 games so far this season.

I want the players I bought to become dominating players like him, but they are not good enough for my starting 11. They suck in the first team (kids who are 15, 16 especially).

My training facilties and youth academy etc are all top notch as high as you can get (cannot upgrade either for last 3 years), all excellent or w/e.

Currently I am having one or two on the subs list per game, and sometimes will call them into the game if i'm desperate or have a safe lead. They all play on the u18 team, which freaking rapes everything and everyone. And they are all available for reserves team, and I'm leading reserves table as well.

Question I have is, is this the way to do it? They aren't getting much (if any) time in my starting 11, they play reserves and u18s. But my training facilities are all excellent, and if i send them out on loan to a L1 side or something, I'm thinking they wont get their CA higher instead of staying in my program.

Do I loan these kids out to lower leagues or even EPL sides? Do I keep them in my u18 exclusive and have them play random EPL/Cup game? Or keep them current, and have them in reserves and u18 with random EPL/cup game?

A couple of points:

Low CA to start with will hinder their initial performances, but this is the under-18 leagues and so it shouldn't matter too much.

If you are able to, hire an absolutely awesome coach to take the matches. The better he motivates them, the better his tactics are, the better their perfomances and the faster their growth.

Players hit peaks at their level of football. This is when you know they can learn no more where they are. Keep an eye on your youngsters. If their stats go up quickly they are learning well, if their stats go up slowly they are reaching their peak at that level. If their stats DECLINE they have learned all they can learn in the youth team. Either start playing them in your First or loan them out.

Get rid of all your reserves. This is key. This gives under-18's experience of reserve football which is a higher level. Who cares if you come bottom of the reserve league? Make sure your youngsters get all the match experience at the highest level of football they can at your club.

Match Experience x Football Level x Personality is absolutely KING. Mentor them, make sure they play alot, play them in the highest levels of football you can. The game is about improving their personality so they perform like demons and develop like demons, giving them games to either add or shift CA, and playing them at a level where they bomb up in attributes then start to decline after a bad performance because they have hit their peak and then moving them to a higher level.

At some point in the game X player will hit their peak at Barcelona and simply cannot move up a level. The same happens at all top clubs that play well and win heaps. Players have a few bad games and decline because they have not kept up the same performance level at the peak of the game. For all other levels it's about moving them up a level when they start to drop, but make sure it's because they have learned all they can learn and not because they are absolutely rubbish.

This is something I forgot to add to my guide ;)

You can also loan them out to a lesser club for a few months. They won't get the same high quality training and they can't be tutored in the mean time (I think) but they will get regular first team match experience which is very valuable and it makes this a good option for players who can't play in the first team yet.

I agree with the match experience x football level x personality.

What I do is keep the ones that are really worth it and in the positions I know I need cover so they get more playing time, and I loan the others out. The ones I keep I get them tutored. I play them in all cup games, from first round to final, all home ECC group stage games and about 2 away games usually against the third and fourth seeded teams, and in latter stages, if I have a comfortable lead, I play them, except against the likes of Barcelona. And in league games, I take in consideration the strength of the team I'm playing.

I currently have four in my squad. The DC I signed for 1.7mil at 19 is now a wonderkid in the second season and worth 7.5mil, the other 3 are 21 now and all four of them start for their international teams.

Though, I hate it when the transfer market comes around. Constantly rejecting bids from the likes of Barcelona and R. Madrid and when I reject them, their stupid agents request for improved contracts even though they have 3 years left on the contract.

Archived