how Do I counter arsenals unbeatable 352 in my game?

Arsenal are dominating everything and it seems whatever tactic I play I can't beat them even if my players work their socks off. I am also a title challenging team and they play a flat 352.

I have no wingers in my team but play with wingbacks instead. I have tried, 433, 532 and 4-3-1-2 all to no avail

any ideas?

4-5-1 or 4-3-3 is THE rock to the 3-5-2's scissors. It leaves three centerbacks with the lone striker, while the wide-midfielders then pick up the runs of your wingers. The 3 in the middle mark their counterparts in your own 3 man midfield. That leaves your wingbacks free to bomb forward and overlap on the flanks. Simply put, get the most out of your wingbacks and the 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 can overwhelm a 3-5-2. Whether they help you come out on top in the midfield battle, or ensure that you attack the byline almost at will, they're the key to dismantling the system. It's what rendered 5-3-2/3-5-2 setups virtually obsolete in real life.

thanks! The problem is though is that i have no wingers, so cant make the most of it. Do you reckon strikers playing out of position will suffice a gd job? I have over run the midfield by playing 1 up front but then 5 centrally based midfielders, which i guess also thwarts my attacks right? Lots of possesion, no penatration. I usually play a 433 against everyone else with 3 out and out strikers, no wingers. So no natural wingers in my squad

If you are going to have 3 strikers narrow up top the only things I can suggest are playing very wide and to have your wide strikers with the Hug Touchline or Move Into Channels wideplay. You could also specifically man mark the full backs with the wide strikers. I haven't tried this myself (I hate narrow formations with a passion, why play narrow when there is usually plenty of space out wide to exploit?)

If you have lots of possession but no penetration then you surely would have to play a more direct approach, which suits playing wider since it gives you more areas to pass into.

I for one never play a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers on FM out of principle (since a 4-3-3 in real life only uses 1 out-and-out 'striker'), but the STCL and STCR can behave similarly enough to wingers, so you don't need to play them out of position. It doesn't matter that they're not at AML and AMR. I'd simply recommend giving them DLF(s) roles and assigning the wingbacks an attacking duty. You don't need to change your formation, you just need a different approach with it on the day when faced with the 3-5-2, one that paves the way for your wingbacks to see as much of the ball as possible and to wreak havoc. Play wider and look to overlap.

send out your best eleven that have teamwork,workrate and determination.You want to strangle their midfield so go push up to deny space,hassle opponents to close down and get stuck in to stop the flow of their play.If you say you are title challengers then attack and exploit Arsenals soft underbelly which for me is down the flanks,i always close there slowest CB with my pacey striker.You do not want to give them time on the ball to do there thing.

Archived