Liverpool 4-2-3-1

Hi, just wanted advice particularly on a few players. At Liverpool playing mainly 4-2-3-1, I am playing Raul Meireles and Lucas as my two midfielders, normally playing them both as central midfielders with Lucas defensive and Raul Meireles supporting, is this the best way to play them in the two? Also with Gerrard I have him in the middle of three attacking midfielders as an Advanced Playmaker, again is this the best position for him?

I would personally change one or both the MC's to deep lying playmaker as I like to give my players more freedom and in this formation I like the MC's to stay deep and play throughballs or recycle possession so DLP fits them well IMO. For Gerrard advanced playmaker is fine, you could think about making him an inside forward or attacking midfielder to get more out of his gaol scoring skills. It also depends on the roles of the wingers and striker.

I use 4-2-3-1 too in my Liverpool save, but i use meireles and lucas in DMC role with lucas (defend) n meireles (support). I give meireles train to be DMC. And Gerrard i put in middle of 3 attacking midfield. This work well until 23 match in premier league my Liverpool position 1st with 19 win 3 draws and only 1 lost away at Chelsea.

this is how i play in my lfc save

----------------suarez----------------

---maxi------gerrard--------kuyt---

------------lucas-merieles-----------

----------------------------------------

-robinson-agger-wilson-johnson-

maxi is a inside forward, garrard attacking mid and kuyt also a inside forward who also switches with suarez whos a advanced forward. lucas is my ball winning mid on support duty whilst merieles is a box to box mid

Archived