I know its me but how do i stop it

i am conceeding so many late goals, im also forever throwing away 2 goal leads i need help before i give up.

i know its more my tactics but i dont know where im going wrong.

ive tried going to control mode at 1 or 2-0 i always end up drawing with the opposition having many chances.

i go defensive or ultra defensive it just invites teams on to me, i try counter too much to the same.

if i go and try to kill off a game i get left exposed at the back.

i time waste they come at me, i rarely time waste they get the ball back and come at me, i retain possession they nick the ball of me in my half and come at me.

team talks, if i say pleased my players become complacent, if i encourage it has no effect, if i said im disapointed or dont take your foot of the gas they take it to heart have a hissy fit and disapear for the next 45

i cant win either way, anybody got any tips on how they close out games / leads, as im q.pr 3rd in january and really want to win this league this season, if id closed out my games so far and held the leads from my 7 draws id be 10 points clear

there could be a number of things that are affecting you. First off i would highly recommend against using control to try and close out games, its a dangerous way of playing and can leave you open if the opp steal the ball off you. What kind of tactics are you playing to begin with? Are you playing very attacking of just a standard tactic? In terms of player condition are you keeping an eye on this in the second half of the game, a few timely subs can make a huge difference if your team is tiring late in games, especially if you can pin point a player or position that seems to be letting you down. Training levels could also be a bit too high which means players are tired quicker than you would expect.

Thats just a tiny list of things, come back with more info and folk will help you out as much as possible, maybe even upload your tactics and see if we can have a look and advise.

What i would add is avoid major tactical changes late in games, its not going to help your team if they are trying to figure out what to do and where to be with only 10/15 mins of the game left, minor adjustments can make a huge difference.

Its all about reading the game.

My overall thought would be if it ain't broke don't fix it so don't change for change sake. Watch the game, if you are keeping the ball, having chances while the opposition are struggling to create anything stay as you are.

Look for changes in your opponents shape and overall strategy. Get a feel for the match and when you feel your team is coming under pressure thats the time to switch. I tend to use counter which narrows the play forcing your opponents wide while still trying to keep possession. Defensive as you've noticed tends to invite the opposition onto you much more. Use the shouts like clear ball to flanks to get it out of your half. Switch your fullbacks to defend and maybe your wingers to support. Sub off tired and maybe even more attacking players for more defensive minded alternatives.

The final thing I would say is don't keep making changes, select what changes you want to make all in one go and give it a chance to work.

Archived