Should i teach these two wingers look for pass rather than attempt shot

They both have rather low finishing, and tend to miss a number of chances. I currently play a 4-2-3-1 so they are quite important goal contributors to the team (with only having one striker) I was also considering round goalkeeper for finishing

Player 1 - http://img577.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110329at124.png

Player 2 - http://img651.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110329at124.png

EDIT, unfortunately the pictures dont appear to be working, can only apologise for that. Not entirely sure how to fix it :p

EDIT 2- Changed the images to links, think its working now

Considering they've both got fairly decent composure it might be worth getting them some intensive training and tutoring to see if you can raise their finishing to a slightly more respectable level. They've both got good Decisions attribute so might be they're shooting and missing so often as there's no better pass available anyway.

If it works like the long shot ppm then it maybe only reduces their long shot setting by -1 (if on often then reduced to mixed, if on mixed to rarely, if on rarely then stays on rarely). Just speculation though so as with everything in this game give it a bash and accept the consequences (or cheat if doing so ruins your enjoyment of the game :D).

If your 4231 involves the wingers pushing onto the opposition back line, playing narrow, fed in behind the FBs onto goal and getting as many chances as the striker then why pigeon hole players who aren't performing to your expectations? I would look at crossing versus finishing, decide which is more important then start to look for young strikers to retrain. They have a good assist stats between them so ultimately it is up to you to balance it out to get what you want.

Their finishing attributes are both 10, which is decent, and composure is high. They could get away with it.

Looking closer, Benali isn't really a winger anyway, so I suggest you recruit someone better for that role if possible. As for Joao, he's technically excellent but fairly weak mentally (OTB+anticipation), so I'm not sure how suited he is for a goalscoring role anyway. I'd have him hug the line and float crosses in. Having said that, he's scored 7 goals in 33 games, so he's clearly doing okay!

I find that the AMC is the player who tends to add the most goals on this game, perhaps even ahead of the striker, so as long as he's banging them in it shouldn't really matter if the wingers score 5 or 10 a season.

Archived