FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEH SORRY I DID A SEARCH AND IT TOOK ME TO JAN 06,PLUS IM ON THESE TABLETS CUZ GOT A KNEE INJURY AT FOOTY LAST WEEK LOL.OK I JUST SIGNED FAZIO OF SEVILLA,MUDANYI (SP) OF LAZIO,KALOUDA,REMY RIOU-BETTER THAN LLORIS IMO. I HAVE A FEW MILLION LEFT,I ALSO GOT SAKHO ON A FREE,BARKROTH AND IM LOOKING TO GET A LB NOW ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Gayzer

Thx for the s.s., great signings and good first season mate. Shame about Benzema and Ben Arfa will be hard to replace them. But what Hopey said the board likes the balance.

Hopey

I understand what you mean but there are plenty of young known players still out there which you haven't bought.

Skinaldo

Very very busy you mean icon_rolleyes.gif

Hanoispur

Welcome mate.

Originally posted by Skinaldo:

YEH SORRY I DID A SEARCH AND IT TOOK ME TO JAN 06,PLUS IM ON THESE TABLETS CUZ GOT A KNEE INJURY AT FOOTY LAST WEEK LOL.OK I JUST SIGNED FAZIO OF SEVILLA,MUDANYI (SP) OF LAZIO,KALOUDA,REMY RIOU-BETTER THAN LLORIS IMO. I HAVE A FEW MILLION LEFT,I ALSO GOT SAKHO ON A FREE,BARKROTH AND IM LOOKING TO GET A LB NOW ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Taiwo from Marseille is great.

And your caplock is on i think.

Originally posted by purefun:

Hopey

I understand what you mean but there are plenty of young known players still out there which you haven't bought.

-------

And your caplock is on i think.

Yeah, true ish. Oh I dunno, even if I did start again with the new patch I would still carry on with Lyon make no mistake! Don't worry purefun I am not leaving you icon_biggrin.gif

And haha, witty comment! I liked icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Yeah, true ish. Oh I dunno, even if I did start again with the new patch I would still carry on with Lyon make no mistake! Don't worry purefun I am not leaving you icon_biggrin.gif

And haha, witty comment! I liked icon_biggrin.gif

Thx mate i'm afraid of being alone in here. icon_wink.gif

And yes my commentary is legendary. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Skinaldo:

oops sorry about that. well ive 10m left as kalouda is about to join.who shud i strenghten further with??

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2816/lyonhj6.jpg

Still for DL i highly recommend Taiwo and maybe buy some younsters for the rest.

Could you post some s.s. from Mudingayi, Fazio and Kalouda if possible?

Hi Guys, after an enjoyable season with Lyon in 8.01.. im back for another go in 8.02. Doubt you'll remember me from the thread as i raced through my first season then didnt carry on for a second season. However, im looking for a long term game this time round.

Still in pre-season at the moment but this time i'm aiming to focus a lot more on french youngsters and try to sign less big names.

With a relativly strong squad already, i've snapped up Samba + Felipe (Udinese) to strenghthen my CB position. Both are young and will give me strength in depth with Squillaci and Cris.

Then i moved for J.Mathieu from Toulouse (3.2m), who looks extremly promising after the patch, to cover at LB. His tackling and marking have room for improvement but otherwise his stats look great.

Next were arguably my two big signings. Iv moved for Lloris from the off, did the business for my AC Milan team so il be putting faith in him again. Then came Briand, prehaps not the player he was but I think he'll provide good competition with Benzema and Fred. Hopefully with a strict trainning routine i'll get him banging the goals in for club + country. I'v also brought Bojan on loan.

My youngsters signed were H.Saivet, M.Sakho, D.Le Tallec, Benzerga, Sankhare, J.Delle, Saunier, Acapandie, Thiago, Tuia, Aquino, D.Buonanotte, Camacho (Loan) and Kroos (Loan).

Only major departures have been Muller and Delgado Godoy.

So my team is -

GK Lloris/Coupet

DR Clerc/Revelliere

DL Grooso/Mathieu

DC Squillaci/Samba

DC Cris/Felipe

MR Keita/Govou

ML Ben Arfa/Juninho

MC Toulalan/Bodmer

AM Kallstrom/Bodmer

ST Benzema/Bojan

ST Fred/Briand

Hey scott08 I remember you, are I see your doing like me (altho you beat me too it lol). I too and starting a fresh altho I was quite alot further than you. Anyhow GL and Welcome back icon_cool.gif

Thanks icon14.gif

Nice to hear you starting again on the new patch. Good luck with it.

Felipe cost me 4.5m upfront a 40% sell on and 1m after 1 international app. So as long as my chairman doesnt decide to sell him it shoul dprove to be a good deal.

Just drawn to league games in a row, 2-2. From 2-0 up the opposing team scored two within 4mins to draw level. 84 and 90 mins in the first game then 71 and 75 mins in the second. icon_mad.gif

That is a amazing price! Assuming he is as good as he is on the 8.01 patch! You little del-boy getting that price lol.

lol.. i always put an offer in on the first day of the game. I think you can get him slightly cheaper then.

My CL Group could prove to be a little tricky. Iv drawn Inter, Werder Bremen and Shaktar.

Just managed to off-load Boumsong to Palermo and Vercoutre to Nantes free up money for me to get Costil.

Transfer window just closed so that'll be all my dealings until January. Iv used all of my budget but am very happy with my squad.

Still trying to perfect my 4-3-1-2 though. Despite a fantastic pre-season my form's a little inconsistent at the moment.

On a plus point, Samba has won player of the month icon_smile.gif

I think I shall start a fresh with Lyon, I enjoyed my current one so much, but I think a fresh start and with my current knowledge of French football in FM08 I can build an even stronger squad with more French roots. I will keep this save still tho! But its time to start a fresh icon_biggrin.gif

Wish me luck boys icon_cool.gif

The best of luck mate.

Hmmmm french players hey, see if you can have more than me?? icon_wink.gif

Yhx Skinaldo but there is no picture inside. Sorry. And btw i was playing COD 2. icon14.gif

Scott08

Welcome back mate and those are some great signings. If you could post some s.s. of Felipe and Mathieu if possible thx.

----

Now if everybody restarting. Well maybe i'll do it too over the weekend that is. My game is patched up though but that doesn't change anything about the players.

Could someone post a s.s. of Fred they told somewhere he has been toned down. icon13.gif

COD 2? COD 4 is where its at! I shall post a screenshot of Fred prepare to be saddened.

icon_frown.gif

I have COD 4 for PC but my PC didn't cut it so next week i'm going to order a new one with far better "stuff" in it. icon14.gif

Scott08

Thx Mathieu looks great, Fred as already mentioned bad those people should be punished with whipping or something like that icon_biggrin.gif and it looks like Felipe had been toned down too but he looks good.

Skinaldo

sorry mate but what do you mean with "drewso"

Brief update, I shall do a proper pre-season and transfer update when I have gone through it.

Brought in:

* Briand (lol fan boy icon_biggrin.gif) - £8.5Million

* Felipe - £6.5Million

* Mathieu - £3.7Million (Thanks Scot, he does look class)

* Bojan - On loan

Sold:

Govou - £5Million

Now this is the question, I have £11Million left, I am looking to get a Defensive midfielder I have a deal lined up to get Makoun for £9Million, but I also need a goalkeeper. So any recommendations for a Goalkeeper?

I have looked at the usual

Ustari/Enemya(sp)/Costil/Lloris/Kameni, I think I may have to settle for Enenmya because he is cheap, I am trying to get Lloris but I fear he will be too exspensive. Kameni I can get for 8Million but then that leaves me with not much money for a DM. So any advice for a GK and DMC?

I could have got Cavani for £8Million but I cancelled it, as I have quite afair strikers already. Which is a shame but I might get him at the end of the season. Cesar Delgaldo looks abit dissapointing however, he was much better on previous patches icon_frown.gif

From what I have seen of Lyon this season they have been on and off, on a few occasions they have had to relay on the brilliance of someone like Benzema. I can't believe they appointed Perin my personal opinion of him is that he is dire. He looks out of his depth at Lyon. If Lyon didn't have Juninho/Benzema and Ben Arfa would they still be top of the Ligue? Would they have even qualified for the KO stages of the CL? I doubt that. I think they should get rid of Perrin he isn't good enough for them; I hope they do come end of the season.

Ofc Lyon are still in with a chance, but Man Utd at home with an away goal is some ask. Man Utd very rarely play poor at home. I can't see Lyon doing it unless Benzema produces another class display (which he is capable of) and scores 2 or 3 goals. I would have to back Man Utd to go through over Lyon icon_frown.gif

I agree, we're not as good as we were these past few seasons and it's really frustrating for a Lyon fan to watch the team slowly getting worse, we've been improving every season for almost 20 years now. Not saying that it won't happen anymore but my hopes of OL reaching Europe's elite will have to wait a bit longer than these past few seasons made me believe.

HoPeY

Nice Transfers mate icon_biggrin.gif

GK - Look no further than Lloris. He's superb, used him for 3 seasons on my Milan save and he produced a 10 rating in the CL final. His form has carried into this save, highly reccommended. Plus he's 20 and French! But will cost you 10-12m.

For DM, Makoun did well for me in 8.01. Otherwise i'd suggest Veloso from Sporting or Flamini (May be costly at start though).

Im looking for a bit of advice.

Im doing ok, so far this season in all competitions iv won 15, drawn 5 and lost once.

However, im having real difficulty getting my strikers to score, which i havent had before.

Im using a 4-3-1-2 with wingers that I made for my Milan team.

Could anyone suggest how to set up my two strikers? Iv tried a few combinations now and i just cant get them to make an impact on the game.

Benzema started off well scoring 9 goals in as many games but now he's played 20 scored 11. Fred has 3 in 7 games and Briand, a dissapointing 3 in 15.

Im getting goals all over though, Midfielders and Defenders are all chipping in but i just feel i need more goals out of my front two if im to have an impact in Europe.

Crikey I'm gone for just 5 hours and look at all this spam!! icon_wink.gif

gayzer - Adriano without a doubt. He'll score for fun in Ligue 1. So would Saviola, but Adriano more likely to do well in Europe.

Scott08 - I play Fred as a target man when I have 2 upfront, and have target man feed "to feet". This seeems to work pretty well for me. (And welcome)

HoPeY - Nice signings there. I'm looking at Jeremy Mathieu myself! Not sure why everyone is always after a new GK, not first season anyway. I'd have thought Coupet will be good for 2-3 seasons atleast. And Remy Vercourte has proved to be a more than capable back-up for me.

Good luck anyway!

Gayzer

Adriano mate no doubt. But isn't he loaned out?

Scott08

As Tomtuck said play to feet works well with Fred. As for Briand you need to give him some sevenstar training and he'll become good again.

Hopey

Like mentioned i would go for a DM and next season for a GK. Downside is that those GK will be more expensive though.

------

I'm having real trouble at who to sell. I have a gigantic squad and i need to sell they are all to "old" to loan out again. Should i sell players from my all winning squad or should i sell some of my future stars?? I find this difficult.

Quick update on my game am currently half way through my 5th season and am top of league by 3 pts qualafied for champions league knock out and play Inter still in both french cups aswel. My top scorer is fernandez who has 14 goals in 20 appearences so far turning out to be a good free buy. Also have 2 players arriving on free transfers at end of seaon Obertan and Prudnikov.

Heres my team

Gk Riou/Delle

Dr Saunier/Clerc

Dl Pander/Schwchlen

Dc Barzagli/

Dc Thicot/

Dmc Makoun/Toulalan

Mr Keita/Saivet

Ml Menez/Ben Arfa

Amc Fernandez/Alex

Fc Briand/Anelka

Fc Benzema/Gignac

Going to try to remember my whole team (if possible) :

GK : Kameni, Costil

Defence (only use 3 defenders) : Abenzoar, Squillaci, Bocaly, Saunier, Sakho, Clercq i use these six in rotation although i'm trying to buy Samba and/or El Mourabet for backup or maybe to replace Squillaci (still looks good)

Midfield (5 midfielders, 1 dm, 1 cm, 1 amc, 2 aml/r) also strict rotation : anderson, mattias fernandez, ben arfa, menez, keita, gouffran, iago, capel, walcott, toulalon, obi mikel, bodmer, makoun, banega, veloso

strikers (2 strikers) also strict rotation : benzema, fred, briand, saivet and also walcott

and than i have another bunch of players (always loaned out tbh) : aaron, balotelli, lulinha, alex, della valle (sp), bendtner, rajkovic (sp) a dlc (free from chelsea), barazite (looks crap imo), mehamha (still have him), accapandie (won french revelation this season on loan at nice or something scored +20) and also a load of regens some of them look quality and some more players who's name i forgot ...

There you go have fun.

Originally posted by purefun:

Going to try to remember my whole team (if possible) :

GK : Kameni, Costil

Defence (only use 3 defenders) : Abenzoar, Squillaci, Bocaly, Saunier, Sakho, Clercq i use these six in rotation although i'm trying to buy Samba and/or El Mourabet for backup or maybe to replace Squillaci (still looks goog)

Midfield (5 midfielders, 1 dm, 1 cm, 1 amc, 2 aml/r) also strict rotation : anderson, mattias fernandez, ben arfa, menez, keita, gouffran, iago, capel, walcott, toulalon, obi mikel, bodmer, makoun, banega, veloso and Adu freddy

Strikers (2 strikers) also strict rotation : benzema, fred, briand, saivet and also walcott

And than i have another bunch of players (always loaned out tbh) : aaron, balotelli, lulinha, alex, della valle (sp), bendtner, rajkovic (sp) a dlc (free from chelsea), barazite (looks crap imo), mehamha (still have him), accapandie (won french revelation this season on loan at nice or something scored +20) and also a load of regens some of them look quality and some more players who's name i forgot ...

There you go have fun.

Looks better like this. Sorry.

Archived