FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Originally posted by Ville Valo:

I think I might quit my Lyon game for a while, the chairman's trying to sell everyone. icon_frown.gif

And I lost 36-0 to PSG, after a strange bug meant that only Gignac was on the field icon_confused.gif

Did you spend a lot mate?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ville Valo:

nope, about £9 mill, and with Abenzoar leaving for £16 mill, I made a profit. I had over £100 mill in finances

Very strange mate!

Do the teams give enormous money then?

Originally posted by HoPeY:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ville Valo:

I think I might quit my Lyon game for a while, the chairman's trying to sell everyone. icon_frown.gif

And I lost 36-0 to PSG, after a strange bug meant that only Gignac was on the field icon_confused.gif

Lol that bug was fixed in patch 8.01 or 8.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on 8.0.2 though icon_confused.gif

purefun

Not really, around £20 mill per player

I started (again) a new game with Lyon.

This time i (together with Hopey) used a set of rules to make things more difficult (read fun).

Seeing that Hopey invented the rules he may have the honour to put them up. icon_smile.gif

Leagues running are France (all the way down), Belgium (first division), Spain (first and second division), England (premiership) and Italy (first division). I also loaded all the players from the countries mentioned.

-------

Ben Arfa finally signed for Marseille. Stupid peace of business imo. Why sell to your main rival? icon13.gif

purefun

The only time I've brought him on 8.02, was on my Man City save, near the start of season 1, cost around £10m(ish) so about E12.5m (Don't know how to put Euro sign in)

Played him as a lone striker and he had over 30 goals by the end of January!! Never got much further but he was brilliant for me.

purefun

I got Jimmy Briand for a straight £7.5million, - I guess in game that would be around €11millio - in my first transfer window with Lyon. (Christ that was a long time ago!!)

Dont worry, you wont be disappointed. As Ive said/posted many times before in here, he is not as good as the first 2 patches, but will still score goals for fun if used correctly.

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

purefun

I got Jimmy Briand for a straight £7.5million, - I guess in game that would be around €11millio - in my first transfer window with Lyon. (Christ that was a long time ago!!)

Dont worry, you wont be disappointed. As Ive said/posted many times before in here, he is not as good as the first 2 patches, but will still score goals for fun if used correctly.

Thx and would you be so kind to give me a s.s. of his personal instructions that you gave to him. If possible offcourse. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Hi, I know I've started as Lyon a lot of times but I'm starting a new save to run along side my Arsenal save. I will post a screenshot of my transfers etc... when I'm finished.

Welcome back than.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Hi, I know I've started as Lyon a lot of times but I'm starting a new save to run along side my Arsenal save. I will post a screenshot of my transfers etc... when I'm finished.

Welcome back than. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. The only reason I've been of and on with Lyon is the fact that it's getting to that stage where I can't find anything to keep me entertained with FM.

I started (again) a new game with Lyon.

This time i (together with Hopey) used a set of rules to make things more difficult (read fun).

Seeing that Hopey invented the rules he may have the honour to put them up. icon_smile.gif

Leagues running are France (all the way down), Belgium (first division), Spain (first and second division), England (premiership) and Italy (first division). I also loaded all the players from the countries mentioned.

-------

Ben Arfa finally signed for Marseille. Stupid peace of business imo. Why sell to your main rival? icon13.gif

Rules are already up on the previous page mate ;D

Believe it or not I have seen Briand been sold for £2.5Million to Betis (Lol wtf moment I know). But for a French rival you'll have to spend between 8-13 Euro's I guess.

Welcome back purefun, I hope you enjoy Lyon the all french way icon_smile.gif

Just for you purefun seeing as you asked:

Rules for the all French way:

- I can only sign a player who has French nationality (This also applies for those with it as a second nationality.)

- I must slowly get rid of all the non French nationals that are in the first team squad, set myself a time limit of within two years (Nothing too drastic, of course is any foreign national gains French citizenship then he may be kept as he will have French nationality.)

- I will invest heavily in youth development and improving the youth facilities aswell as the first team facilities.

- Because the first season will be the trickiest I have allowed special case where I was allowed to sign one and only one foreign national of my choosing, however that player had to be under 21 years of age.

- Any loan signing must also adhere to the French nationality rule.

And these are the rules set by

Hopey just a little reminder :

- I can only sign a player who has French nationality (This also applies for those with it as a second nationality.)

- I must slowly get rid of all the non French nationals that are in the first team squad, set myself a time limit of within two years (Nothing too drastic, of course if any foreign national gains French citizenship then he may be kept as he will have French nationality.)

- I will invest heavily in youth development and improving the youth facilities aswell as the first team facilities.

- Because the first season will be the trickiest I have allowed special case where I was allowed to sign one and only one foreign national of my choosing, however that player had to be under 21 years of age.

- Any loan signing must also adhere to the French nationality rule.

----

Well its looks like good fun to me so i'm giving it a go!!

Yes its been mentioned jonahno, and its a good move for the player.

He was said to be very unhappy at not playing much in the last couple of months of last season and felt it cost him a place in France's EURO 2008 squad.

Now he can move on and play week-in-week-out and continue his development in his homeland, rather than moving abroard and having huge pressure to perform aswell as having to adapt to another culture.

Apparently Aulas would only sell him if it was to another French side!

Nope they can't mate.

I play with five in the midfield.

Ben Arfa on the left, Bodmer is DM, Toulalon is CM, Keita for the next two seasons on the right and then he is gone fgs.

Menez will be played at the left and right if i have him.

Nasri will rotate with Kallstrom if i can buy him.

My defence is sorted.

Now i need to buy for my midfield and strikeforce.

Nope they can't mate.

I play with five in the midfield.

Ben Arfa on the left, Bodmer is DM, Toulalon is CM, Keita for the next two seasons on the right and then he is gone fgs.

Menez will be played at the left and right if i have him.

Nasri will rotate with Kallstrom if i can buy him.

My defence is sorted.

Now i need to buy for my midfield and strikeforce.

I play with five in midfield too mate ;D

Ben Arfa can play so many positions as can Bodmer. Could look at L.Diara (Although he is more of a DM but could be used as a CM), don't think you could use Obertan there. Could have a look at Piere Ducasse (again he is more of a DM but he could be converted as a CM). Also have a look at Adrien, yes thats right he has French nat icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

So you play with one striker or two?

One upfront. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm maybe i should do the same seeing that i probably don't have enough money to buy me some strikers.

I would like Cavani too but than we would have the same players offcourse. Maybe i'll go for Briand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoPeY:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

So you play with one striker or two?

One upfront. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm maybe i should do the same seeing that i probably don't have enough money to buy me some strikers.

I would like Cavani too but than we would have the same players offcourse. Maybe i'll go for Briand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stealing my players icon_eek.gif Lol.

Gignac, Briand, Marouane Chamakh (Who is one of my targets for the start of next season) there's loads of options for strikers. Plus if you want to use the "one foreign" player rule to bring in a striker you can bring in quite a few good choices to play that lone role like Huntalaar etc.

End of the day doesn't matter if you buy Cavani or bring in similar or same players as me. We are both playing with the same rules so its bound to happen that we will both have some of the same players icon_smile.gif

Hopey

Maybe an extra rule or option if you agree offcourse :

I always like to sign players of frees just to sell them on. So can we still do this? So if i sign someone on a free I have to immediatly sell him on! Agree or not?

Hopey

Maybe an extra rule or option if you agree offcourse :

I always like to sign players of frees just to sell them on. So can we still do this? So if i sign someone on a free I have to immediatly sell him on! Agree or not?

You can add that rule to your game mate I have no problem with that. Provided you do sell them on quite quickly. Myself I don't do that so I have no need for that rule icon_wink.gif

Have it as a purefun extra rule icon_biggrin.gif

Btw, I should mention have you thought about playing Ben Arfa upfront as a lone man? He can be highly effective upfront especially as he has the PPM of "places shots" at least I think he can I better double check. Either way he is quite useful upfront also. So that's another option mate icon_smile.gif

purefun bending the rules already! icon_wink.gif

When I get my my PC fixeed I'll probably start one last game as lyon, thinking about doing something like selling all players at start of the game then rebuilding a new squad of players (only Frecnh of course). How long it'll take me to fix me PC i don't know, bloody in a right state with some viruses I think, trying to get rid of them but will hardly let me see what i'm doing on screen and most programs crash as soon as I open them, can't even find the disk that came with the PC to reboot it.

Anyway be good to see Zuiverloon in the premiership next season, whether he'll look good in a Baggies defence is another question though lol, ooh and also Everton are now strongly* being linked with Pablo Aimar, I'd be pleased if we signed him (*By strongly I mean according to the BBC and a few other newspapers.)

Sorry about the likely poor spelling aetc in this post, it's taking my computer aboout 2 minutes to catch up with what I'm typing so can't see most o0f it and can't click back elxe it'll prob crash and restaert the PC!! icon13.gif

Newcastle are also linked heavily with Aimar who is on the edge of signing for Benfica but would prefer to play in the EPL.

Zuiverloon always looked quite good on FM, and when I saw him play for Holland youth team he looked quite good. But as you say weather he will look that good in a Baggie's defence which will undoubtly be under pressure and on the back front alot of the time remains to be seen. As always the three that have come up this season will be favourites to go down, and rightly so there is such a gulf between Championship teams and the Premiership lol icon_smile.gif

If you need to wipe your hdd and can't find your windows disc you can use a linux o.s. to wipe/format the hdd.

Dunno if you ever used linux or would be comfortable with linux though but its a suggest.

Of course other options are to use torrents, but I can't say any more on this on a public forum as it could be classed as illegal so I won't go there.

You can also get a Windows XP SP2 OEM disc for around 20-40 quid, but thats money you may not want to spend and you might not have been on Windows XP but on Vista.

Well if you don't use it than i will not use it.

Rules. icon_rolleyes.gif

I only don't do it because it's a hassle on FM at times to sell on players. I have no problem with you doing that as we all know at times Lyon is hard to make money with which in turn affects how often your chairman will just accept bids from players and you end up losing one of your stars.

So if you want to go ahead, I would simply say that if you were to add that rule that you must sell them within a quick time frame.

No problem with you adding that rule mate for your game, after all your meant to enjoy FM icon14.gif

LOL Domenech kept his job! I think that's a poor decision by the French FA (Can't remember there poper name so French FA will do lol.)

Only because other options are taken and Descamps asks to much money.

----

And i will make that extra rule thx. I find it easy to sell players unless they are called Boumsong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoPeY:

LOL Domenech kept his job! I think that's a poor decision by the French FA (Can't remember there poper name so French FA will do lol.)

Only because other options are taken and Descamps asks to much money.

----

And i will make that extra rule thx. I find it easy to sell players unless they are called Boumsong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I don't think Deschamps would have been that better as the national team manager, but I think it's terrible to see Domenach keep his job as-well. He is one of those managers that make me annoyed, with his negative boring style. With a French team with such good technique why not utilise it? Surely people in France don't want to see Bland France in SA 2010 :/

Not a problem, just set yourself a short time frame to sell them on then mate. icon14.gif

Not a problem, just set yourself a short time frame to sell them on then mate. icon14.gif

Well i get them on 01.07.xxxx and sell them on before the league starts. icon14.gif

Well i get them on 01.07.xxxx and sell them on before the league starts. icon14.gif

That sounds fine, not a problem.

After all, I am doing something of the sort via the youth side. With some of my talented youngsters being natured to there full potential and then they will be sold on. Obv, I am going to be holding on to the best talent but some of the guys I have brought in are what I call an investment in the fact that I will turn them into the best of there potential and then sell them on. icon_biggrin.gif

Could you give a s.s. of your transfers?

I thought you didn't buy a lot!!

I didn't, I'm still in season one from the youth side at the moment I have only brought in

Sankhare

Sakho

Acapandie

Saunier

But I will be at the end of the season and begining of next season bringing in the best talent from the under 18 league through my scouts, I have also signed a French/Nigerian on a free who has the potential to be as good as Mathieu Bodmer icon_smile.gif so I had to get him! And him being free too was even better.

You actually use your scouts to search from scratch or do you the filter and search on nationality?

I have my best scouts assigned to the under 18's and looking for French nat.

I also use the search filter and make sure it filters to only French national players are shown.

Archived