FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Just finished my first season as Lyon and what a season. Did the treble but in the Champions League only 2nd round being knocked out by Ajax. Would like to know were you think i should improve and buy players and who maybe to sell.

[url=Transfers.jpg

[url=TropheedesChampions.jpg

[url=1stTeamSquad.jpg

[url=CoupedeFranceFinal.jpg

[url=CoupedelaLigue.jpg

[url=Ligue1.jpg

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

westmarsh7 - Good season, but why did you sell Seb Squillaci, Jeremy Toulalan, and Hatem Ben Arfa for so little? icon_confused.gif If you wanted to sell them then you should still have kept them for the first season, then you'd have god upwards of £15million for each of them.

First things first when looking to improve, Id go and have a look at the squads of both Monaco and Lens who have been relegated. They both have a few decent players who you should now be able to get on the cheap.

Id also look to get in another centre back as Patrick Muller wont be getting any younger, and lacks pace.

Well I've done some hunting of regens and caught a few that look good, here they are..

De Falco - Itailian striker, tipped by the media to become the next Luca Toni.

Fritz - German CB, only worry I have with him is that he is unambitious, anyone know how to fix this? Otherwise scout's say could reach the dizzy heights of Sakho's ability.

Zafer - Turkish DM, potential to be better than Sankhare, and Sankhare's abit good!

Joao Peixe - Portugese CB, scouts say will be a leading Ligue 1 CB.

Leos Kocian - Czech republic CM, will be a good Ligue 1 player, hopefully.

Oliver Muller - German CB, should become a leading one for the Ligue, according to the scouts anyway.

Pascal Perez - French CB, Scouts say will become leading for the League, coaches say he'll become good for the league, who cares I'll probably just sell him anyway.

Perretta - The italian Messi, Scouts all say will be as good as Messi, looks very good atm, cost bloody £7m though.

Ranjan Roy - indian attacking midfielder, will become good for the league apparently, agreed terms with him 2 seasons ago but only just he's been allowed to move.

Teddy - Young frech striker, will aparently be as good as Benzema, heres hoping!

van der Pol - Versatile Dutch defender, main position is LB where he can become as good as Armand Traore.

Vlad - Serbian RB, can be as good as Bocally, who happens to be ery good, also every team needs an angry Serb to scare the other team.

Thats the lot of them, hope the SS's are big enough for everybody this time, let me know what you think of them.

Westmarsh

Great first season mate.

But i totally don't agree with the selling of the three mentioned before.

Your squad looks just fine though. Maybe buy a DM and try to get Menez seeing that Monaco got relegated.

Liam

Great looking regens mate and love the fact that you got an indian player comming. Now you try to get a feeder in India. icon_wink.gif

Well lost my first "core"player due to the chairman (twice) in my new game. So nice when things like this happen and to think i invested a lot in my defence.

Fiorentina came with an enquiry for my big guy and i set a stupid amount which they - to my big surprise - countered with this. I offcourse offered him a new contract which he didn't sign and off he went but gladly Fiorentina couldn't afford the fee. If they could they would go bankrupt after the first french game which would be good to steal some players of them. I thought to myself good for me, he stays and he is not angry at me.

But after a couple of days the chairman stepped in again for the same team (a bribe maybe) but now only for this fee. I lost him this time because they had enough money for some reason. icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

Unlucky purefun, it's annoying feature of the game isn't it, not like you need the money!

I was quite lucky on this save because my chairman never accepted a bid for anyone, apart from when he tried to sell Toulalan for £13m but thankfully he signed a new contract with me.

Atleast you've got abit of extra cash now, any thoughts on who you'll replace him with?

Thats too late now i'm already in september!! But i'll post my update in a little while. I could offcourse still go for Bellaid in the Joker window but he is not really needed i guess. I could still do with a striker and an amc. Its going to be a tough season imho.

I'm sure you'll pull off some magic and win everything though!

I'm having problems with my defence!

I'm happy with traore at LB

and Sakho at CB

Now I'm playing Cahais who's not that great at CB and Bocally at RB who is better.

Abenzoar is still not very good so may loan him again as he's just rotting with me.

Is Bocally better as CB or RB? then I'll play him there and buy a new defender I think.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Is Bocally better as CB or RB? then I'll play him there and buy a new defender I think.

I played as DC at the left side (seeing that i play with three dc's) and he became a worldplayer and captian of the french team after that. So in short yes.

And thats the guy i'm going to buy. Thx

And thx for your other suggestions but they were all taken except that Bruins guy.

Start of the season update

I will kick this off with my transfers. As some of you know i normally buy like crazy but this time it seems that i should have bought some more. I also made some mistakes: like forgot about Govou his releaseclause, forgot about Boumsong (he is my reserves wanted by clubs and i didn't see it). Still have 30 mil euro left and that will be for the winter you can sure about that.

This is my very small team. But Fred, Coupet and Cris will return and after that everything looks better (bigger).

My tactic still looks the same although i'll probably ask for some help later on.

The start of the season including Champions Trophy were good. All wins and one draw. Kallstrom scoring six in seven and giving four assists along the way.

Any comment is helpfull and questions will be answered. I'm also open for extra s.s. icon_smile.gif

No worries mate, I take it you got your coputer fixed then, did you find out why it messed up?

Yes and i did it myself thank you. My screen always said the Launch thing is missing. Don't know what that is and i sure didn't remove it. So after a few hours i found it somewhere in a folder and i activate it and everything worked again. I needed to restart everything but now i can play in OL Land. icon_wink.gif

Lol, computers do strange things to themsleves!

And yeah OL Land is the place to be, not got it upgraded yet though.

And for some reason whwnever I ask for feeder teams, I don't get to select which type I'd like which is abot annoying because I keep having to reject until I get a good one.

I like the look of your tactic, I just don't personally like the idea of 3 at the back, I keep saying I'll try it one day though!

Some good transfers aswell, a couple I'd not heard of before, that Pjanic looks a quality player, Marseille have just signed him on mine, but I'll keep him shortlisted for when Bodmer leaves.

purefun

Not good of Mr.Aulas, he is a pain in arse in the first season or two of the game.

Some great purchases there. Loving all the youth you guys always bring in..................although (and this is a general question for everyone), why do you always bring in the same players if you have to start a new game? I know I do things my own way and bring in players that people have never heard of and I find that alot of fun.

Good money for the players to get rid f aswell, although I think Id have probably kept them, (besides Patrick Muller of course).

Decent, (though like you said), small squad. Of course it'll be better once the injured players get fit again and all the youth you signed developes a bit more.

Interesting tactic there aswell, it always good to see something a bit different to the norm. And solid start to the season there, though conceding too many goals for my liking!! icon_wink.gif

Finally, get Bojan off no.17, that number is retired in memory of the late, great, Marc-Vivien Foé!

tomtuck

The reason I tend to bring the same youth players in, is becaus eyou know they become good, and that they're cheap to start with, and it meens you don't really need to do any major transfers for a while, having said that I see what you meen, I suppose it can become repetitve with the same ones, but to be fair, they never turn out exactly the same. I did get some that I hadn't ever used before at the start of this save, a Lorenzo tafi and Eden Hazard, both turned out pretty poor lol.

liam_everton

here is my regen analysis........................

Roland de Falco - doesn't look bad, but for a 19 year old he probably should be a little better. But his mental stats are pretty good, so yo should persist with him.

Florian Fritz - Fantastic defensive stats, (heading, marking and tackling all quality), but his mental and physical stats aren't all that good. His pace needs to be quicker if he's going to make it.

Fuat Zafer - Looks like he's going to be a hreat player. Definitely someone to keep in my opinion.

Joao Peixe - Another with great defensive stats, and unlike Florian Fritz, his mental and physical stats are pretty good. A very good prospect in my opinion.

Leos Kocian - A very good looking prospect, judging by his stats it seems like he could be very good at being either a defensive or forward going midfielder.

Oliver Muller - Great defensive stats, but not much else to him on a the technical side..............he does have cracking mental stats though!

Pascal Perez - Awesome player for 15 years old. A cracking looking prospect and definitely some one to keep hold of for the future. Maybe needs to get a wee bit better physically though! His mental stats will of course get better with experience so nothing to worry about there.

Adriano Perretta - Some great techical stats, but for a winger he's not really quick enough. A no-no for me.

Ranjan Roy - A big NO from me. I just dont think he looks any good for 18 years of age.

Teddy Carrasso - For 15 years old he has pretty good technical stats already. His physical stuff isn't bad, but I doubt his stamina will ever be good enough to succeed at the top level.

Michael van der Pol - Decent looking player. Nice and versatile, (which I like), but would probably be best suited to playing at left back. Has good mental stats too.

Vladan Gligoric - Looks failry good. His physical stats are good, if not spectacular. I like the look of him alot.

Just thought I give you my take on your regens!!

Well i never had Pjanic (think will become very very good), Teaudors, Tuia.

Still going to try to get back Saivet, Saunier, Bocaly though.

But after the first season i always go for regens and freebees tbh.

You talk like its a crime to do so. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

And thats a thoroug (sp) ananlysis of those regens mate. icon14.gif

Seen as Ive just gone through the January transfer window of my 9th season, (wow Im charging through this one at the minue), I thought Id follow liam's example and post up a load of screenshots of regens that I have bought, or have arranged transfers for, basically so that you can judge/abuse them!

Mamadou Vespuce - Admittedly doesn't look great at the minute. But both my scouts and coaches say he has the potentail to surpass Christopher Samba's current ability. And he better turn out great, I dont often pay £6million for 16 year olds!

Yves Diawara - Both scouts and coaches reckon he could be a "leading player in Ligue 1" in the future. For only £100K, he's worth a punt.

Jeremy Lopez - I know he looks crap right now, but again both my coaches and scouta are saying he could become "a leading player in Ligue 1". Time for Fred to get busy tutoring I guess!!

Vyacheslav Seregin - Decent looking player already, (Iguess he should be at 20!). Has some good stats such as "creativity" and 2passing", aswell as others that could do with improving quit alot. He is only 20, and can surely get better with more experience.

Fabricio - For just a 16 year old he already looks quite good to me. My Brazilian scout Marcelo Djian thinks he can be "alot better than Bruno Lopes' current ability". Unfortunately he's Brazilian so cant join until he turns 18.

Manoel Nogueira - My scouts say he can be "as good as Christopher Samba", and for a 17 year old he already has good mental stats before he has even started to develop technically or physically. He'll join in the summer, so we'll see how he turns out.

Ignacio Guerra - Already has some solid looking technical stats, but in my opinion has much room to improve.

Have fun absuing me and my scouting network over these signings! icon_biggrin.gif

Vespuce : has all the right stats for a DC and rather high ones for a 16 year old, good buy will turn out class imo.

Diawara : looks already good at only 15, his physical stats will improve a lot at 7star training, his concentration and position is low but with a good midfield that shouldn't be a problem. He would be ideal to tutor for Fred.

Lopez : his stamina is really low and will not improve that big to become a good player seeing that he will be a fast striker, so imo he will not be good enough for Lyon.

Seregin : if his passing and decisions go up a little he could become a back-up for amc but not for amr, his accelaration should be higher at 16 or so and i don't see that happening tbh.

Fabricio : wow imho, will become a star!!

Nogueira : has all the right stats in the right places so a big yes for me.

Guerra : well he could become good but seeing that he has no club and he only joins in september 2016 his stats will drop ... so really don't know at the minute. Just a case of waiting i guess!

There you go! icon_smile.gif

I forgot to say which the other teams are in my Cl group : Schalke, Man United and Dinamo Bucharest.

Only played at Schalke 2-2 very lucky, could have easely lost. Next game is agains ManU. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by purefun:

I forgot to say which the other teams are in my Cl group : Schalke, Man United and Dinamo Bucharest.

Only played at Schalke 2-2 very lucky, could have easely lost. Next game is agains ManU. icon_frown.gif

Hard Group

I like a small squad, and don't think it's a bad thing. For my 4-4-1-1 my ideal squad would consist of:

2 Goalkeepers (Sub keeper being young if possible)

3 Centre Backs (Ideally one behemoth, one quick and one all rounder)

3 Full Backs (One who can play both sides, Reveillere)

1 Defensive Midfielder, 2 Centre Midfielders and 2 Attacking Midfielders

3 Wingers (One both footed, can play both sides)

2 Strikers

That's a first team squad of 18 players, perfect for a team of 11 and 7 subs. I usually would have versatile players, especially around midfield, maybe a winger who can play AMC etc. So when there are injuries and suspensions you can usually cover and bring youth onto the bench.

I don't have that right now, due to long term injuries etc, but in the coming seasons I will be aiming for a squad that size.

I normally can't help myself but go for 25-26 players. So i could play 2 different teams and have about 3-4 regular subs.

Will try it different but if i want to win everything i need them all tbh.

My squad is quite big, then I loan out virtually a team of players who could be back up to the squad but you have to loan them else they become unhappy, I've bloody deleted all my games by mistake lol so will have to start a new one.

Also you Lyon one???

My squad is quite big, then I loan out virtually a team of players who could be back up to the squad but you have to loan them else they become unhappy, I've bloody deleted all my games by mistake lol so will have to start a new one.

thats really bad luck you got really far as

well icon_mad.gif

and my team is always big as well icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

Oh no and yet again has the local population objections against the extension of my stadium!!!

Are you playing on 8,00 or 8,01 if so it will get extended a couple of times don't worry.

ON 8.02 you just get a new stadium though.

Originally posted by allanshearer:

i just sold Benzema to liverpool for 8million plus i get 30%

Oh my god that is most disaterous deal ever. I have rejected bids upwards of £35million many times.

No disrespect intended, but you utter, utter, fool! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

Sir_Frosinone - just thought Id post this, (that I posted a few pages back), for you. It doesn't have loads of player recommendations, as I prefer to find my own players and therefore am not a big one for telling others who to buy....................they should find out for themselves! icon_wink.gif

First thing you should do is ask your board for extra transfer funds, you should then be given about £30million to spend.At the start of your game you start with a few injuries which will need to be addressed, those are;

Gregory Coupet - 5 months

Cris - 7 months

Cleber Anderson - 12 months

Fred - 2 months

Goalkeepers - Usually people would suggest getting another GK such as Hugo Lloris or Carlos Kameni. In my game I didn't go and buy another keeper and used Remy Vercoutre until Coupet was fit again. Now into my 7th season and he is my 1st choice. If you do go for another keeper, then look to Remy Riou of Auxerre. He is quality young keeper and not as expensive as Kameni or Lloris.

Defence - The centre back position needs to be addressed as you are short of cover with the 2 players above out injured, and if you are playing on patch 8.0.2 you should have Jean Alain Boumsong in your squad, and quite frankly, he is rubbish. Many people would suggest to look to Christopher Samba of Blackburn. He is usually available for less than £2million and is a quality performer. Also, sell Patrick Muller. He isn't a bad defender, but he lacks pace, something that is desperately needed at the back.

Also you need cover at left back as the only one you have is Fabio Grosso. Personally I just retrained Anthony Reveillere to be able to play LB aswell so he could cover both full back spots. If you do want to buy another LB, people usually recommend Armand Traore of Arsenal or Taye Taiwo of Marseille.

Midfield - You alkready have a very strong midfield, the onlt position I would advise to improve is in the DM position. Jean Mkoun of Lille is available for around £8million and is a very good player. If you dont wish to sign another DM then you can train Mathieu Bodmer to a DM, he seems to perfrom very well in whatever position he is used. Besides that you should be alright there. Juninho, despite his age, will perform well for 3 seasons. And never sell Kim Kallstrom, he is brilliant. Assists and goals aplenty.

Strikers - You already have 2 extremely good performers in the shape of Fred and Karim Benzema, but another option isn't bad. I bought Jimmy Briand for £7million. Though not as good on the original game or on patch 8.0.1he will still get you goals.

And there is a joker transfer window which is inbetween the end of the summer transfer window and the beginning of the January one when you can buy/loan one player from another French team.

And last but not least, good luck!

There you go mate, from the last page.

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Hi, thinking of starting a new Lyon game, what players and tactics do you reccomend buying/using?

Welcome and in addition some extra players to look at :

GK : Costil, Bailly, Delle, Proto

Def : Mathieu (Toulouse), Delpierre, Bellaid

Mid : Sankhare (a must imo), Menez, Gouffran

Striker : Grax, Gignac, Chamakh (sp) (Bordeaux)

Just have a look at them mate.

Also the usual french youngsters, you know them there are plenty of them. icon_smile.gif

purefun

I had him form second season onwards, played regularly in rotation and was great, excellent in the League and domestic cups, and very good in Champions League aswell, for the price you'll pay(Hardly anything) definitely get him, I kept him until about 2012 I think when I sold on for a huge profit plus 50% sell on clause.

Definitely good enough and definitely worth the money icon14.gif

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Hi, thinking of starting a new Lyon game, what players and tactics do you reccomend buying/using?

Try getting alot of youngsters sakho, saivet, Joao Carlos, John Fleck, Benzerga and Barry Bannan

Archived