Player Interaction - rest for one week - how to use this function (effectively)?

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone has experience using the "player interaction - state a player you will rest him - for a week, couple of weeks, prolonged rest"

I read in the manual that you can use this function when you dont want to play someone, and you can tell them that you intend to "rest" them so you are not leaving them out. (i dont need the function for this so i dont really care about the long term rest functions, but instead the 1 week rest option) -

I have a big match vs manu in one weeks time, so im considering resting a fully fit on form fabregas and fully fit van persie, so i dont know whether to tell them "ill rest you for a week" - with the intention to save their form for the manu game. Has anyone frequently used the "rest for a week" option and knows or have a theory on its effect?

hey, basically what im asking is whats the point of the "rest for one week" function in "player interaction" in the game. It must have a function, so what is it?

If the player you intend to rest has some form of jadedness, the player will appreciate your efforts to rest him, subsequently you will see a PR sign indicating that he feels that he has a good relationship with you, i.e. it can be used as a way to build up relationship with your player.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a morale adjuster/relationship builder.

If I drop a first team regular, I will sometimes see a subsequent drop in his morale, down one level, but using this will often prevent that drop (and will sometimes increase it by one level instead). It will also speed up the process of making yourself one of the players' "favourite personnel", I had 5 of my first teamers at Mainz listing me as favoured within 4 months of taking over.

Interestingly, and possibly wrongly, I've not really noticed a negative effect to saying you intend to rest him for one match, and then playing him anyway. This may be a bug. It's certainly confusing.

Relatedly, I'd like to have MORE reasons to drop a "key player", I can think of five off the top of my head (form, fitness, tactical, disciplinary and morale), and there are probably more, which, given the vast range of player personalities, they would have differing reactions to.

What Wen Jie says - use this on players that are jaded and in need of a rest.

A day or 2 of rest from training can be beneficial when you've got a lot of big games in a very short space of time and need to keep key players fit, but you shouldn't need a week's rest in this case.

Archived