The 20 Teams and 20 Seasons Challenge/Sign Up (Not like any before) (I think)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol you going to try and copy me lol

I can give you transfers and I change my tactics frequently but usually play a 442

To Be Honest, I think you could get more money from transfers that I did, but I got players in at almost the perfect price for them.

These are rough estimates

I sold

Doiuf for 9.5 mil

Ricardo Gardener 4.1 mil - could have probs got more

Jääskeläinen for 5.5 mil

I got

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink for 4.5 mil

Coloccini for 7.5 mil

Srna for 5.4 mil

Assuncao for 1 mil

Some old keeper. 35. Oscar somebody for 1.5 mil

forgot to mention Diouf is now Agent Diouf, you'll see why when I put up my screen shots from My Transfer windows, As i'm bound to buy more players with my recent cash injection by the board icon_biggrin.gif

I could finish top three if I find a good midfielder to make the side capable of Europe.

In Europe we have reach the Last 32 and have drew Sampdoria

League Cup Quarters I think and am unsure on FA cup but as Paul said they won't be worth points they are just for my amusement. icon_biggrin.gif

Bolton, A Wander in the Reebok.

August 07

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Transfers In

Dwight Yorke 160K Sunderland

Andy Van Der Meyde 1.8M Everton

Jonathon 625K Sevilla

Jires Ekoko LOAN Stade Rennais FC

Transfers Out

James Sinclair LOAN Rotherham

</pre>

Despite only spending 2.6M, and not selling anyone apart from a reserve going on loan to Rotherham, I was happy with my squad and was looking forward to our first few games, which happened to be like this:

Liverpool 1 - 0 Bolton - Jussi played his Finnish heart out in goal, he showed off with a man of the match and a 9 rating, with his help we kept Liverpool at bay until the 83rd minute, when Steven Gerrard scored an unstoppable 30 yarder, despite our late attempt, we'd lost a precious point.

Chelsea 3 - 1 Bolton - The game panned out a lot like the Liverpool game had, except on the hour mark, substitute Didier Drogba brought the home team alive. And within 10 minutes, had scored a hat-trick. Diouf scored a late consulation goal, but it was a promising goal, and lifted the teams spirit. Despite conceding 3 goals, Jussi still managed to score a 9 rating, yet this time hat-trick hero Drogba was man of the match.

Bolton 2 - 1 Manchester United - Our first home game of the season, and our third against a member of the top four. We took the lead through Abdoulaye Meitie's spectacular half volley on the edge of the United area, the goal shocked not only Manchester United, but me as well. We doubled the lead around 10 minutes later, when skipper Kevin Nolan headered in from a corner. 5 Minutes before half time Ryan Giggs got a goal back for United, but we managed to hold them off throughout the second half, to secure a somewhat famous victory.

Bolton 3 - 0 Birmingham - Our second home game of the season and after a brilliant victory over the current champions our confidence was sky high, none more so than El-Hadji Diouf, who opened the scoring on the 23rd minute, with a nice shot from the edge of the Birmingham area. He amazingly scored again just 30 seconds later, which seemed to wake up the Birmingham defence. We didn't see another goal until the 70th minute when Ricardo Vaz Te scored, it was another victory, and our 6th point from 4 games.

So after a very eventful August, we sit in 6th, but with some teams having played more than others, the table was sure to change a lot next month. I'm doing this in real time, not writing back on a season, so I like you really don't know how the season will go, this will also show that if it does go in the ****, I wont be 'doing it again'.

Bolton, A Wander in the Reebok.

September 07

This month was a great month for us, we finished it top of the league, with the majority of the teams below us with a game in hand.

Spurs 2 - 3 Bolton

(Tainio 3, Berbatov 31)

(Nolan 19 + 65, Vaz Te 45)

Bolton 4 - 2 Reading

(Diouf 31, Nolan 37, Taylor 85, Ekoko 89)

(Kitson 43 + 75)

Sunderland 0 - 3 Bolton

(Gardner 7, Vaz Te 36, Nolan (Pen) 57)

Bolton 2 - 0 Blackburn

(Helguson 78, Nolan 87)

Elsewhere...

Euro Cup 1st Round Leg 1

Red Star 0 - 1 Bolton

League Cup 3rd Round

Hull 0 - 4 Bolton

So summer began and the big players had $ signs hanging above their heads, after deciding to cash in on the 3 of the biggest players, I had some money to spend and I found some Fantasic Buys.

And with my new side We progessed and made a few upsets and Won 2 TROPHIES icon_eek.gif, both the League and FA cup. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

It took a few more million to be spent in January and we progress well in the Euro Cup, Beating Sampdora, Porto and Werder to get to theSemi's icon_biggrin.gif only to lose out to eventual winner Manchester United. icon_mad.gif

Oh final league position was a above average fourth. icon_cool.gif

Archived