The LLaMa Clan Pt II.

Guest sav112

For the guy with the problems with the PC. It could be a faulty memory I don’t know your configuration and how many sticks you have but if you have like me three DDR sticks try removing one at a time and see if that helps. Also have a look in your Bios at the shut off or stand by settings.

If you can get the OS to successfully boot up them the system checks will have passed. My friend had his shutting down every 20 minutes but he is new to PC computing and his machine was riddled with Virus after Virus ( no virus scan). We just wiped the dam thing and installed it all again and it was fine.

It’s annoying I know but if you keep you will crack it. If its getting to you walk away and you be amazed how after a few hours break you can think of new things to try.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Montrose again having a decent day...

Starting out with big home win over Cowdenbeath, which resulted in 2 of the 3 goals of the month, then onto an away win over Stirling, an attacker scoring late on his debut.

The dramatic win set Montrose up for a big League Cup match at 2nd Div Berwick, which we ended up losing 2-1, after creating a couple chances to equalize, but failing to take them.

That loss fired the boys up, as we crushed 10th placed Stranraer 6-0. However, the glut of goals probably ended up as a blessing for our next opponents. Peterhead, controlled by Mark, pulled out a 3-1 win, where the boys couldn't really put anything in the net, and normally stellar GK was just unable to keep the Peterhead attackers at bay.

In all, a decent session, and the possibility for promotion is certainly in the cards, as Montrose sit 2nd behind East Stirling solely on goal difference, though of course it is still very early!

Queens Park - Session 3

Started away to East Stirling (Cyber-Ian), and got thrashed 4-0. My loanee goalie had a bad game again, just like he did in the LLM cup final against the same opposition. Strange, as he's been fab in all other games. I think Ian has put somekind of voodoo curse on him.

We then had a bore draw at home to Elgin (Seamus).

Next off, we travelled to second division Alloa in the league cup. We played terribly for most of the match, and seemed to be going out tamely 2-0, when all of a sudden one of my strikers scored a brace in the 79th and 80th minutes. We held on for extra-time and penalties, which we lost 4-3.

This was followed by two 3-0 defeats - away to Gretna and home to Albion Rovers - leaving us in 9th place.

So, not a single goal scored in the league for us this session. icon_frown.gif

I missed the first part of the session owing to the Barca/Celtic Uefa Cup tie and the AssMan did his job admirably.

He took charge for two League games, a 4-0 win over Queens Park (Graham) and a 1-0 loss to Cowdenbeath, and one League Cup Match, a creditable 2-0 win over Stranraer.

I took over for the last three games, two wins in the League, against Devon's Elgin, 4-0, and Gretna, 1-0.

The final game of the session was a 2nd Round League Cup tie against Dunfermline at home. My method of playing Cup ties is to maintain my "Cups suck ass" attitude and play the mutts and geriatrics of our squad, and astonishingly they won 2-0 against our illustrious SPL opponents.

Benefit of this is getting through to the 3rd round, pitfall is more midweek games and knackered players.

(Auld Firm away, please icon_biggrin.gif )

I'm building toward the future. We've no concern with the here and now of this little league.

Mark's Peterhead bested us in the first game of the session 2 -1 with a late goal. hought we deserved a point.

0 - 0 with Graham's QP. He may still sit below me in the table on goal difference, but we're certainly bottom LLaMas. icon_eek.gif

Might've had a cup loss to Morton in the mix here.

I think this is when I left for a spell to come back and find I was thrashed by Ian's East Stirling. Stupid Ass Man. (Ian, not my assistant icon_wink.gif).

We somehow then managed a stunning 3 - 2 victory over Cowdenbeath. We'd not scored 3 goals in all games combined in the season up to that point. We ran out to a 3 - 0 lead and barely held on.

Despite poor form, I'm really enjoying the new setup. Sessions are getting faster and, well, I don't have to worry about relegation. icon_biggrin.gif

Hey guys, just here saying I'll only be able to MAYBE make the first hour, if that, on Monday as the junior team won, and I've got to work their playoff game here.

Of course probably makes sense to nobody, but it's not the Moose (just for you, Ian icon_wink.gif) I've got to work for Monday night.

Queens park - Session 4

An improvement on the last session in that we actually scored a league goal (just the one), but things are pretty painful at Hampden park:

Queens Park 1 Stirling 2

Stranraer 6 Queens Park 0

The most amazing match I've played in 03/04. I had four sendings off icon_eek.gif In the first three cases, the second yellow was for moaning about the first! As Stranraer had been the only team below us, this defeat put us bottom icon_frown.gif

Montrose (Cyber-Guiness) 5 Queens Park 0

At least we ended up with 11 players on the pitch this time.

Peterhead (Mark) 2 Queens Park 0

This represented something of an improvement!

Queens Park 0 Cowdenbeath 0

A draw! icon_smile.gif This was a very dull game, with few highlights: each side had only 1 shot.

Queens Park 0 East Stirling (Ian) 2

This leaves us rooted to the bottom, 5 points behind 9th placed Stranraer. Thank god there is no relegation from this league. My board seem fairly unambitious: despite making their disapproval known after each bad whipping, they are still 'satisfied' with my performance icon_biggrin.gif

So, next Thursday's session is off, and I can't make next Monday's session as I will be in Paris icon_frown.gif Whoever gets press-ganged into hosting can pick up the save game from here.

Also, a little advanced warning that I may be late the following Thursday. I'm flying back that evening. If everything goes to plan, I should be back just in time, but flights often get delayed. Start without me if I'm not there at the start, I'll turn up at some point in the evening, hopefully.

Let's hope my Asst manager can do better than I can.

What could be our best session yet, aside from the fact that you lot set your clocks ahead early and didn't tell me. icon_smile.gif

Started off in great form with a 0 - 0 draw with Albion Rovers.

Then a matchup with Cyber-Guinness which looked on course for another 0 - 0 draw until he managed to score in the 83rd minute. Miraculously we took the hint and scored one goal in the 86th and the winner in the 89th. Sorry fellow North American.

We were then duly put in our place by Gretna 4 - 1 and Stirling (a match I was on holiday for) 2 - 0.

A hard fought 1 - 0 victory over Stranraer again leaving it late.

Ended the session on a downer with a 3 - 1 loss to Mark's Peterhead. I scored early on to take the lead and he drew level winning it late on with a own goal where he seemed to knock over my keeper to score followed by a penalty. It was closer than the result shows. A bit unfair. I thought we'd done enough to earn a point but again Mark beats me with a late goal.

We're somewhere around 6 / 7 in the table. Just need to string some wins together.

Man, we were smokin' last night.

We were so fast I'd played a game before I even got there, well, my AssMan had constructed a 6-0 victory over Montrose (sorry Doug) owing to an Acute Myocardial Infarction keeping me late at work and the destination being set as the NERI instead of the miles-closer WGH.

When I got there, about an hour late - or just on time, NYC time - we had five League games to play and one League Cup game. We ran out winners over two AI Teams, Stirling Albion 4-1 and Stranraer 5-0, we lost to Albion Rovers 1-0 (a mind boggling shot from the centre line which my goalie chose to ignore completely, even as it almost stopped whilst running over the line, and we managed to win two games against human managers, 2-0 against Mark's Peterhead and 2-0 against Graham's Queens Park.

Agains sticking rigidly to my "Cups Suck Ass" policy, we played a team of misfits and aged and infirm blokes against SPL Killie, and somehow contrived to draw 1-1 and win 4-3 on penalties, making it two out of two against SPL opposition. My policy shan't change for the match against well, well, f*ckin' well.

Good session, like I said. Seven games my lads played, I'm enjoying this online stuff greatly.

Pfft, we're rolling along now Wimb. Especially now that we trimmed the fat and got rid of you and Craig, no way you're getting back in. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

I believe Stirling are mid-table probaly just above me and well above Humph. icon_biggrin.gif (Sorry Graham).

Greetings from Paris.

How did Queens Park get on last night? Did my Ass mgr manage to do what I can't, and win a game?

Just a reminder that I'll probably be late on Thurs. Even if my connections all go to plan, I will not be in before 8.30pm.

They lost every match they played Humph...which in this instance is good news as in reality they didn't play at all. So no losses.

Session was called off as only myself and Ian showed up.

We had some great single player games going on that we updated over MSN. Ian is after CL glory, and I had an exciting final few games in D3 (poofland) which guaranteed promotion but lost the top spot on the final day in the 86th minute.

I didn't miss anything then \O/

Admit it, you all turned up, but you couldn't bring yourself to play without my sparkling presence. icon_smile.gif

Or, more likely, you spent three hours arguing about who was going to host, and now none of you are on speaking terms with each other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Humph3:

I didn't miss anything then \O/

Admit it, you all turned up, but you couldn't bring yourself to play without my sparkling presence. icon_smile.gif

Or, more likely, you spent three hours arguing about who was going to host, and now none of you are on speaking terms with each other.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admittedly Humph, those are likely scenarios, but alas, we're far too mundane. We sulked for a moment and carried on with our other games.

Update: We actually played some last night.

Graham is still bottom of the table. Ian is still top. Super goalies were involved or so Ian ranted about in every match he played. Conveniently one was against me, the other Doug. icon_smile.gif He just can't face the harsh realities and pressure that come with leading the table. icon_wink.gif

I've not managed more than one goal per game in a long spell, except for some ridiculous cup match where I played my reserves against Keith--we scored 4. icon_redface.gif

Queens Park - Session 5

I thoroughly enjoyed this session. It's great that now we are getting through an average of seven games in a 3 hr session.

By our own low standards, this was a decent session for Queens Park. Though results were still mostly poor, we seemed to be more competitive, and even managed a win.

Elgin (Seamus) 1 Queens Park 0

This looked set to be another goaless draw with Elgin, before a dubious (in my opinion) penalty settled the affair late on.

Queens Park 1 Gretna 1

I blooded a striker who I had languished in my reserves previously, and he repaid me with our 76th minute equaliser. He did squander a last minute chance to get all three points though.

Amazingly, at this point I was offered a job at 2nd division Alloa. Bizarre, when you consider that my team are 6 points adrift at the bottom of SD3.

Scots Cup 1st round: East Fife (bottom of SD2) 2 Queens Park 0

That allows us to concentrate on the league, then icon_wink.gif

Albion Rovers 4 Queens Park 1

Off to a dream start with an early goal, but Albion soon hit back and caused our only tonking of the session

Queens Park 2 Montrose (Cyber-Guinness) 0

We manage our first home victory of the season, at the expense of Guinness's team who were rudderless before he resolved his ISP problems. Unfortunately, 9th placed Stranrear also won, so we were unable to eat into the 6 point gap.

Stirling 1 Queens Park 0

Back to our losing ways

I was made a second job offer in the session - at Morecambe - the team I was managing to make scrape along the bottom of the Conference in the previous version of the clan game. There's no way I'd consider going back there!

Queens Park are more my kind of team. Despite the lack of success, my board are still satisfied with my performance icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Humph3 on 14 April 2004 at 21:36.]

Devon, Doug and myself turned up for this session, I hosted, and we got through 5 and 6 games each (Doug had a great 3-0 win over SPL Livingston in the Scottish Cup)

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Holders - Morton

|Pos | Inf | Team | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|1st | Ian | East Stirling | 27 | 18 | 3 | 6 | 65 | 20 | +45 | 57 |

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|2nd | | Albion Rovers | 27 | 14 | 9 | 4 | 58 | 28 | +30 | 51 |

|3rd | Mark | Peterhead | 27 | 12 | 10 | 5 | 50 | 37 | +13 | 46 |

|4th | Doug | Montrose | 27 | 11 | 7 | 9 | 54 | 42 | +12 | 40 |

|5th | | Gretna | 27 | 11 | 5 | 11 | 50 | 42 | +8 | 38 |

|6th | Devon | Elgin | 27 | 10 | 5 | 12 | 33 | 44 | -11 | 35 |

|7th | | Stirling | 27 | 9 | 6 | 12 | 36 | 48 | -12 | 33 |

|8th | | Cowdenbeath | 27 | 8 | 7 | 12 | 21 | 40 | -19 | 31 |

|9th | | Stranraer | 27 | 6 | 5 | 16 | 30 | 63 | -33 | 23 |

|10th | Graham | Queens Park | 27 | 5 | 5 | 17 | 16 | 49 | -33 | 20 |

</pre>

We all agree tables suck ass, but here's how we stand just now.

[This message was edited by Goldy on 20 April 2004 at 1:02.]

Sorry that I was a no show last night. Developments in my personal life (good ones icon_smile.gif) got in the way.

By the looks of that table, QP did ok. The gap to Stranraer has been closed to 3 points. Are they better of without me?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glasswalker:

Room for an old LLaMa who has just managed to get his PC sorted?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure there is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

Hope you didnt mind me re-aligning the table so that the post is back inline! icon_smile.gif

Go East Stirling though, not far from promotion now!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bloody newbie Mods stamping their authority early doors icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iajafer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

Hope you didnt mind me re-aligning the table so that the post is back inline! icon_smile.gif

Go East Stirling though, not far from promotion now!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bloody newbie Mods stamping their authority early doors icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ It looks a lot better now though icon_smile.gif

QP managed 5 plus goals in one match if I rember correctly Graham. They had a decent run.

Elgin on the other hand suffered a tragic session. First match was high flying East Stirling who ran out 3 - 0 early on. With some tactical changes (a quick browse through the TT&T forum icon_wink.gif) we managed to pull two goals back but the result was never in doubt and Ian won 4 - 2. My goalie, once a super-goalie against East Stirling, decided to make amends and gift Ian a few goals, one, on a shot that was going out of play which he decided to knock back to the center of the open goal and another one which he decided to palm into his own net. icon_mad.gif

Then beaten by Cowdenbeath or did we draw? icon_smile.gif Ran out 2 - 0 winners over Gretna with some fine performances all round. Albion Rovers was next up and I can't remember the result, but there was a 0 - 0 draw at some point so my guess is a draw.

The final game of the session was heartbreaking. A certain cabin owning Canuck (Doug) who was having a wind up all night took a 2 - 0 lead. With only 3 points separating us at the time it was vital for us to at least manage a draw. And late in the second half we had our point after a wonder goal to make it 2 - 2. We had a chance or two to win it, as did Doug, and my ever kind goalie decided he'd help Doug on his way toward promotion. A soft rolling ball spilled between his legs leaving an wide open net to tap into. Tragedy.

I'm on the hunt for a new goalie and someone who can hit the target at the other end.

We played last night. My dreadful run with Queens Park continued, causing the board to have to give me weekly votes of confidence. Things were not helped my Mark declaring interest in my job icon_mad.gif Not that he had the slightest intention of taking it of course.

Things came to a head in a trip to Ian's table-toppers East Stirling. We took an early lead, forcing Ian to use all of his mod-cheats. He scored two late goals to win the game and get me the sack icon_frown.gif

Getting a new job does not present a problem in CM 03/04. In fact, I turned a number down as they were in higher leagues, and I felt they were unrealistic. Eventually, I accepted an offer from Shrewsbury. The Shrews were 9th in the English Conference. With 5 games to go, they were only 3 pts off the play-offs.

My first two games, though, were home draws. 0-0 with Forest Green Rovers, and 1-1 with Burton Albion (a real missed opportunity, as they were sixth and only equalised late doors).

In general, I was impressed by our approach work, but our finishing was dreadful. We do have two decent strikers, but it seems the previous manager has driven them into the ground as my physio tells me they are very tired.

To have any chance of the play-offs, I reckon we'll need at least 7 pts from our remaining 3 games.

In other news, Ian's East Stirling achieved promotion to the 2nd division, despite choking spectacularly.

As said above, he only just managed to overcome my Queens Park 2-1. He then drew at home 0-0 to lowly Cowdenbeath and got thumped 3-0 at home to Seamus's Elgin.

Promotion was finally achieved due to other results, with Ian's side losing 5-0 icon_eek.gif at Gretna!

It was a night for big results, at Seamus had earlier beaten Mark (Peterhead) 8-1! This effectively ended Mark's promotion hopes. With 3 games left, Peterhead trail 2nd placed Albion Rovers by 8 pts.

Humph has summed up the evening rather well. Lots of excitement in the final days. Elgin finally seemed to string a few good results together...not to mention finally beating rivals Peterhead (8 - 1) icon_smile.gif. It's a shame it took so long to find our form as we're not that far off the promotion places.

Human LLaMas occupy four of the top five spots in the league. 3 games to go.

Tonight's session brought season 1 to an end. Ian's East Stirling were Scots 3rd division champions. My previous club, Queens Park, finished bottom. I'll try and post the table tomorrow.

In the Conference, with Shresbury, I managed a defeat followed by two wins. Easily my best session so far! This meant we finished in 9th, which is the where we were when I took over.

We've holidayed throught to the start of the 2nd season. Neal, if you want to rejoin us, now's your big chance! This Thursday's session is from 9-12 (though we normally do 8-11). We will be holding a pre-season LLaMa shield competition as normal.

Oh, and just to prove that CM still throws the odd wobbly, Scots 3rd division player of the year was won by a Queens Park youth striker who started only 5 senior games, scoring twice icon_confused.gif I never selected him, but my assistant did when I was on holiday. He obviously knew something I didn't!

Let's hope this works. This was the final table:

Scottish 3rd Division - 2003/4

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|Pos | Inf | Team | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D.| Pts |

|1st | C Ian | East Stirling | 36 | 22 | 5 | 9 | 83 | 36 | +47 | 71 |

|2nd | P | Albion Rovers | 36 | 18 | 11 | 7 | 70 | 40 | +30 | 65 |

|3rd | | Gretna | 36 | 17 | 7 | 12 | 67 | 48 | +19 | 58 |

|4th | Mark | Peterhead | 36 | 15 | 13 | 8 | 62 | 55 | +7 | 58 |

|5th | Doug | Montrose | 36 | 15 | 10 | 11 | 70 | 54 | +16 | 55 |

|6th | Devon | Elgin | 36 | 15 | 8 | 13 | 53 | 51 | +2 | 53 |

|7th | | Stirling | 36 | 13 | 8 | 15 | 55 | 62 | -7 | 47 |

|8th | | Cowdenbeath | 36 | 9 | 13 | 14 | 30 | 50 | -20 | 40 |

|9th | | Stranraer | 36 | 6 | 7 | 23 | 31 | 86 | -50 | 25 |

|10th| * | Queens Park | 36 | 6 | 6 | 24 | 14 | 66 | -44 | 24 |

</pre>

* Queens Park were managed by me, until I was sacked, with 6 or 7 games to go.

[This message was edited by Goldy on 29 April 2004 at 19:27.]

Seaons one is over \o/.

Now to rebuild and forget about the past.

Some interesting stats in the table. Particulary (if home comes first) Only Humph (QP) scored fewer goals than me (Elgin) at home and only Ian scored more than me on the road. I wonder if I did anything different home v. away? I can't remember. Of course I let in plenty no matter where we played.

KUTGW pooves icon14.gif

Ian's East Stirling's form looks impressive, but I'm sure he used his modpowers to promote himself out of Div3...icon_razz.gif

And Seamus, you are right, your goalscoring ratio sure looks crap (icon_biggrin.gif) but I'm sure that it'll improve next season...

icon14.gif fellow LlaMers

Season 2

In desperate need of a goalkeeper and someone to score goals. I've signed a midfielder icon_rolleyes.gif. I could use another defender as well, but my scouts are too busy finding Trinidadians who "have no interest in a move to Elgin." Can you blame them?

We began the annual LLaMa shield. Which saw me see of Humph, now at Shrewsbury, 1 - 0 in a classic seamus v. Humph encounter. Amazed one of us actually scored. Next up was Mark's Peterhead, our local rival.

Although last time out we were 8 - 1 winners, this was a throwback to classic Elgin (not a good thing). We went 1 - 0 up and then proceeded to concede two goals late on, one a dodgy penalty. icon_frown.gif

At the last count I had about 67 guys sitting dormant in my reserves, Devon. Scout East Stirlingshire, you may get a bargain icon_cool.gif

We signed a few players pre-season, and lost to Doug's Montrose - although I can blame my AssMan, who I'd left in charge of friendlies icon_redface.gif

I turned down Crewe at the start so I could try my hand in Division 2 with The Shire.

Think it might be a difficult season for Shrewsbury. In the last session, I went through the squad transfer listing the dross. Ended up with 2/3rds on the list.

Though all positions could do with strengthening, our lack of decent players who can play DL or MR is something that needs to be dealt with urgently.

Oh, and good luck with Queens Park Andy, I hear some fool has left them in a terrible state icon_razz.gif

Archived