[FM11] Kenny Kops out, Cue random FM player Adam C...

Adam C

Big news in, 'King' Kenny Dalglish has turned down the opportunity to become Liverpool manager, reports have confirmed. After the club, who originally made Roy Hodgson manager only to sack him a mere few days later realising he couldn't win away for toffee and the fact he signed Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen cannot have gone down well either, so who is the club to turn to? Well believe it or not, a 'friend' of new owner John W. Henry, aged at only 30, Adam C has taken charge. The Kop are naturally furious with the yankees and one statement the club released today merely said "Unfortunately Kenny Dalglish has turned down the opportunity today to become our next manager, but we kept our options open and young manager Adam C is more than capable and will hopefully serve the club for years to come." All eyes on the new manager, so step up Adam C...

July/August:

Transfers: Well looking at the squad, it is clear that work is to be done. (due to working on editor DB i've downloaded) Torres and Babel have already agreed terms to leave in January, and Luis Suarez and Carroll will be coming in. The owner has told me continental qualification is the aim, and a 7.25m budget is what I have to work with. Not stunning, but it could be worse I guess. So firstly I took the steps of placing Raheem Sterling, Jonjo Shelvey, Danny Wilson and Dani Pacheco in the first team, as I believe they have what it takes to make it here. Next task; sell the dead wood. And there's plenty of it. The first move of the summer was to loan out Maxi Rodriguez to Lyon for a loan fee of 250k with a fee of 4.8m payable if they wish to make it permanent, then I sold David N'Gog to Atletico Madrid for 4.9m, replacement for Aguero? For their sake I hope not. Then big man Soto Kyrgiakos was gone for a fee of 2.5m to Villareal. Now, it was time to sign players. Young defender Jordan Spence 3.2m, with a part of the deal paid up front, and the rest over 48months. The same sort of thing then happened with the arrival of Milan Badelj, who cost 3.8m. Christian Romaric, Humberto Suazo, Anas Sharbini and Dzmitry Verkhovtsov all then joined to strengthen the squad, for a combined fee of just under 3.5m.

Fixtures:

Europa League 3rd Qual. Spartak ZV (H): 5-0 win over inferior opposition. Torres wasn't fit to play, but Verkhovtsov, Suazo and Meireles managed debuts. Babel and Gerrard both grabbed a brace with Skrtel heading in the other. A very nice way to get started.

Europa League 3rd Qual. Spartak ZV (A): 2-0 win to finish the job, with local lads Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher getting the goals on this occasion. Job Done.

Premier League vs. Everton (A): A very difficult game to start with, a fierce game that the fans demand a performance from. And that's just what we did, dominating the game with Torres getting 60minutes game time, only looking like getting a 0-0, only for Captain Fantastic to net an absolute stunner with 15 minutes on the clock. The win was merited, and a brilliant start to the premier league campaign, in what was a difficult game. 1-0 Win

Europa League 4th Qual. Omonoia (H): 4-0 win once again not the hardest, but we did it in style with another Gerrard brace, Kuyt and Babel finding the net as well.

Premier League vs. Sunderland (H): After a slow start we took absolute control. We produced some fabulous football, the link up play was superb and we found ourselves 3-0 up at half time. The first came with an excellent Torres goal, taking on one before smashing into the top corner, then came Babel after a great bit of play between Nando and Gerrard, and naturally Gerrard himself got on the scoresheet, slotting home from the right hand side of the box after a good pass from Glen Johnson. In the second half we finished it early on, Gerrard did a great one-two with Torres, and then laid it on a plate for Babel who made no mistake. 4-0, great win.

Europa League 4th Qual. Omonoia (A): 2-0 win The on fire duo of Babel and Gerrard once again scored one apiece. Nothing else to say really.

Premier League vs. West Brom (A): 1-0 win Once again we relied on Steve the man Gerrard to win the game. Not a bad performance, points could've been dropped, but ultimately the 3 points were received thanks to another great goal from Gerrard, smashing in the top corner from just outside the area on this occasion. How many times will i be saying his name this season then?

Well a great month, ended joint top and give the August Manager of the Month award, just pipping Ferguson, making it all the sweeter. The fans surely are starting to take a liking to this new regime?

September:

Fixtures:

Premier League vs. West Ham (H): 1-0 loss Shocking display. First half ended with the score at 2-0, and we could have no complaints either, the second was better, but even then not what we'd expect and it was a dreadful, dreadful game.

Europa League Group Stage vs. Napoli (H): 2-1 win Important to win after a poor loss against West Ham, and also to kick start the European campaign. Gerrard made it 1-0 with a good finish before J Cole got his first for the club. Lavezzi's goal in the 56th minute turned out to be a mere consolation. It was not all good though, our player of the season thus far Steven Gerrard was on the end of a terrible challenge and now faces 4 weeks out. Superb.

Premier League vs. Blackpool (A): It looked like one of those days. Chance after chance went begging, but super sub Humberto Suazo came on to lay on the goal in the third minute of added time which Torres finally converted. An important 3 points. 1-0 win

League Cup 3rd Round vs. Sheff Utd (A): A mix of new signings, back up players and youth played here, and when Badelj tapped in his first for the club all appeared well. Only for them to secure a late equaliser, and we ended at penaltys. Ched Evans made it 1-0 Sheff Utd, Suazo levelled it. Yeates then gave them the advantage once more, but this time Kuyt's effort was well saved... Thankfully they then missed theirs, so Christian Romaric made it 2-2. Stephen Jordan then also choked for them, so Verkhovtsov stepped up to put us in front for the first time in the shoot-out. Cresswell then had to score, but put it wide to secure our passage to the next round. Job just about done I suppose...

Premier League vs. Tottenham (H): 2-1 loss To be fair, the result is very disappointing, but the performance was decent and I felt we were very unfortunate. We took a 1-0 lead thanks to Dirk Kuyt, only for Crouch to net from a corner against the run of play, and then late on substitute Jermain Defoe won it. To be honest I felt we were the better team here, but it just wasn't to be.

Europa League Group Stage vs. Dnipro (A): A bad month ends, well, badly. We were all over them as I felt it was a game for the taking, only for them to then go up the other end late on and steal the points. 1-0 loss September, not a month to remember. (I'm a poet, but I just wasn't aware of it - see what i did there :p)

Anyhow so no manager of the month this time, shockingly enough. Things have to improve really.

Thanks a lot O Jay :) Yeah I felt like doing a save with liverpool, largely as I just got a new update and felt like playing with my favourite team. Glad to see people are enjoying it :)

October:

Fixtures:

Premier League vs. Birmingham (A): 1-0 win Back to winning ways here with Christian Romaric getting his first for the club with a free kick from Aurelio rebounding into the area, where it was flicked to the far post where our man Christian nodded it over the keeper. Good win.

Premier League vs. Chelsea (H): Fairly dull game to be honest. A late red card for Drogba for violent conduct gave us hope of getting all the points but it wasn't to be. Reina was fantastic and at times needed to be to keep us level. A point each was just about fair. 0-0 Draw

Europa League Group Stage vs. Paris Saint-Germain (H) 0-0 draw worrying after a second successive goalless affair. It doesn't appear to be a problem of converting chances, we simply weren't good enough at creating chances today. Our Europa League campaign isn't too pretty right now, we're third and I feel we cannot afford a defeat next game away at PSG.

Premier League vs. Wigan (A): 0-0 Draw Well a third stalemate on the trot, but this one more understandable with Captain Fantastic getting a red card for a terrible challenge on James McArthur. We need to start winning games though, no doubt about it.

League Cup 4th Round vs. Peterborough (A): Another red card, this time for Milan Badelj, put our position under threat. But thankfully even though we fell to a Mackail-Smith goal, Kuyt managed to equalize when put through by Jovanovic. At the final whistle it looked like penalties were inevitable, but once again Kuyt and Jovanovic linked up to lay off for Romaric on the edge of the area who netted his second for the club. A back up team was on show today, and considering we had 10 men for most of the game, I'm just happy to be through. 2-1 win (After extra time)

Premier League vs. Manchester City (H): 1-1 Draw We took the lead from the spot early on from Fernando Torres (Normal taker Gerrard still suspended), only for Carlos Tevez to score a beauty from 25 yards to level it up. A draw was once again fair. The home form vs. big sides has to be looked at, as does our recent scoring form in general.

Thankfully, even though the month was disappointing for me, the table is even and we're not far off top placed Man Utd whatsoever and we're in 5th, within touching distance of 4th. So far, the season has been ok, but things can certainly improve.

November:

Fixtures:

Europa League Group Stage vs. Paris Saint-Germain (A): I said earlier that I felt the game was a must-not-lose for us. We were 3rd in the group, and to me, to lose a further 3 points on the top 2 would be a disaster. So we had to step up, and so we did: 4-1 win Gerrard netted a trademark from range to get it going, Kuyt then got the next, only for them to get one back, so Kuyt went and scored again to keep that 2 goal lead, and then Humberto Suazo, from the bench, made it 4-1. Brilliant.

Premier League vs. Blackburn (H): 2-0 win A good finish from Joe Cole and a header from Danny Agger got us the 3 points here, just what we wanted.

Premier League vs. Newcastle (A): I felt it was a very difficult game in the offing, but Steven Gerrard once again proved our inspiration, this time with a fabulous hattrick, one from 30 yards, one from the penalty spot, one from the edge of the box. The lad's just incredible. They did grab a consolation, but that didn't change things in the end. 3-1 win and the points were ours.

Premier League vs. Wolves (H): 5-0 win The hot streak continues at Anfield, with Gerrard and Torres both on the scoresheet, in Torres' case it was two goals, Kuyt also got a goal, and even Jamie Carragher scored, showing perhaps just how easy it was on the day. Good stuff

Premier League vs. Stoke (A): Who likes going to Stoke? Although i admit i am no fan of the football they play, it does get results and it makes life difficult for the opposition, but our performance was delightful. Dirk Kuyt, Fernando Torres and Joe Cole all found the back of the net in a fantastic 3-0 win, at the Britannia, making it all the sweeter.

Premier League vs. Arsenal (H): Defensively it was a no-show here, it looked the perfect build up for us, considering our form, but no it wasn't to be, with a cracker from young Jack Wilshere and an Alex Song header proving enough to stop our feeble performance getting anything from the game. Not the best performance, no complaints on the 2-0 loss

That loss was probably the reason I was edged by Ferguson for manager of the month, and such a shame as well as the month had been perfect until then. Perhaps our big game performances are a problem, but for now ensuring this is not an end to our good form is the key, no doubt.

As much as I dislike Liverpool (I'm a United fan and we will win tomorrow ;) ) This looks like a good career, good luck :thup:

Well i wont gloat too much over today's result :p and i hope you don't let it affect your interest in the thread lol, thanks for the comment :thup:

Where are you in the league? Unlucky about the loss at Arsenal, hopefully you can get them back later on. Are you still unbeaten away from home then?

I'm a few months ahead so not quite 100% sure of points, but what I am pretty sure of is that I was in 5th spot, within touching distance of 4th and not far off first placed Man Utd, so yeah not a bad start even though the gooners game was dire. We are unbeaten away from home in the league and domestically, but in the Europa League as you can see we lost 1-0 at Dnipro in a poor performance, so in Europe we certainly aren't.

December:

Fixtures:

Europa League Group Stage vs. Napoli (A): 1-0 loss Not the best display here but the group remains winnable and I'd say coming 2nd will do, not brilliant, but progression to the next round is what counts.

Premier League vs. Fulham (H): 2-0 win A Daniel Agger header followed by an emphatic Gerrard finish when one on one with Schwarzer was all that was needed to get 3 points at Anfield. That will do us nicely.

Premier League vs. Aston Villa (A): Well after recent praise for our away form the pressure coming on our travels has grown, but once again we rose to the occasion, controlling the game, being very threatening on the counter attack, and Ryan Babel was the hero this time netting a brace, perhaps it's just a shame he's due to leave in January for Hoffenheim, due to the previous regime's transfer dealings. Same with Torres. 2-0 win

Europa League Group Stage vs. Dnipro (H): 3-1 win A good way to finish our Europa League group campaign, one Gerrard tap in and a typical thunderbolt from the same man made it 2-0, then Gladkyi got one back for the visitors, only for Nando to show his typical scoring ability with a beautiful lob. Counting down the time until his inevitable Chelsea move...

Premier League vs. Bolton (A): Another difficult looking away game but it was a similar story to recent games, we were very dangerous in the final third, and Bolton could not handle us going forward. So with Torres, Gerrard and Babel scoring, only for Gary Cahill to get a consolation, I make that a 3-1 win

League Cup Qtr Final vs Man Utd (H): My first encounter against our main rivals, Manchester United, and even though it was in the 'Mickey Mouse' Cup, as some may call it, neither team held back. We hoped for a good start but Bebe ruined those hopes with a fine finish. Bad start. But there was Daniel Agger to head home from a corner, levelling it and raising the volume of the Kop. Then it was advantage Liverpool, with Ryan Babel taking on Rafael, beating him and finishing well into the far corner. After half time it was a nervy affair, they wanted an equaliser, we weren't willing to give it away. But after looking like holding on, there was young super-sub 'Chicharito' to level the scores once more and take us into extra time. Nail-biting stuff as the first half of the 30 minutes went by, but in the second, a magical Fabio Aurelio free kick made it 3-2 in our favour. Naturally they then chucked the kitchen sink at us, but we stuck firm, and caught them on the counter and Joe Cole finished the job with a cool finish when through on goal, making it a 4-2 win after extra time

Brilliant.

Premier League vs. Man Utd (H): Well after an exciting mid-week carling cup adventure, it was time to relax in the premier leag- oh wait, we had Man Utd again on our own turf. Not perfect but we would deal with it. And boy did we, Dirk Kuyt with a brilliant header when playing up top (Torres had picked up a knock in training a couple of days earlier), which came from a good Ryan Babel cross, only for Wayne '250k a week' Rooney to score what admittedly was a very good goal. Then in the second half we once again performed brilliantly against the table toppers with Raul Meireles, fresh from the bench, netting a rebound from Gerrard's long range effort, and then Kuyt finished the job with a great finish from the edge of the area after a clever pass from Gerrard. 3-1 win. (De Ja Vu anyone?) 2 wins from 2 against Mr Ferguson.

Premier League vs. Everton (H): Just 2 days to rest from the Manchester Utd fixtures, which themselves were only 4 days apart, proved a big challenge as once again a rival stepped onto the Anfield turf, this time our fatigue was clear for all to see and we could only muster a 1-1 draw with Joe Cole providing our goal before Bilyaletdinov scored a header with just 10 minutes on the clock.

Still, a good month for us and we're 4th, with a gap of 5 points keeping us firmly above surprise package Stoke City, and this was further emphasized as I was awarded Manager of the Month for the second time this season. Much improved I feel, and yes, our away league unbeaten run goes on ;)

January:

Transfers:

Well I knew it was coming, but it remains a shame that it has had to happen. On the 1st of January we said goodbye to Fernando Torres who joins Chelsea in a British record transfer of 50 million pounds, none of which I will be spending as the duo of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll have arrived at Melwood. Ryan Babel also left, and this is also a shame as like Nando, he's had a good year thus far and I can only wish him the best in the future. Now, that was not all for January as we signed brazilian Juan on a free transfer after agreeing a deal before his contract had ran out, with Fabio Aurelio leaving for a deal worth 2.6m for Malaga to make room for the full back. We then loaned out Peter Gulacsi to Rangers for the rest of the season, bringing in an extra 20,000 pounds. I then allowed Martin Skrtel to join Valencia for 5 million, whom I will admit to have never been a big fan of. And after then allowing Martin Kelly (underrated in FM for me) and Nikola Saric to go we then set about replacing Babel and Skrtel. So we signed Mbark Boussoufa for 6.75m and Christiasn Zapata for 9.5m. All in all, I think we did good business in January this year.

Fixtures:

Premier League vs. Sunderland (A): Would Torres leaving prove a problem? Would Luiz Suarez or Andy Carroll play a part? Those were the questions on everyones lips. Sadly Andy Carroll was out for a few weeks, but the former was to play, and certainly made his mark. He opened the scoring much to away fans' delight with a great finish from the angle, low into the far corner, and after a Nedum Onuoha own goal, a Dirk Kuyt header and a tidy finish rom Christian Romaric, followed by a late Sunderland consolation curtesy of Jordan Henderson, we had managed a great 4-1 win

Premier League vs. West Brom (H): It looked oh so much one of those days, we just could not break through... Until thankfully a beautiful one-two between Gerrard and Joe Cole lead to the latter finishing into the top right hand corner, edging the 1-0 win It's the points that matter I suppose, but the performance could've been better, truth be told.

FA Cup 5th Round vs. Watford (H): As many may have predicted, we played with a far weaker first eleven that usual, but youngster Raheem Sterling gave us the 1-0 win with a great finish from the right hand side, his firt for the club, making him our youngest scorer ever, as well as the youngest player to ever score in the FA Cup, some records to be proud of right there, no doubt. Carroll debutized to make it a slightly more memorable game as well.

League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg vs. Stoke (A) 4-0 win We demolished them to be frank. Zapata got his first for the club from a corner, Carroll, on his second appearance for the club, smashed home a beauty from 20 yards, and after that Milan Badelj and Boussoufa, also his first for the club, on his debut in his case, finished the job in style. A brilliant, brilliant team performance.

Premier League vs. West Ham (A): Erm, well the away run had to end some time, and end it did. As our bogey team West Ham (who beat us at Anfield earlier on in the season) edged the game 1-0, and although we missed a number of chances to level the score, it was a poor display and we deserved nothing from it. 1-0 loss

Premier League vs Blackpool (H): With no disrespect intended, we expected to win the game. They put on a brave fight, but inevitably our superior players shone through and Mr reliable, Dirk Kuyt and the versatile Joe Cole got one apiece to make it a comfortable 2-0 win to keep us in 4th spot.

League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg vs. Stoke (H): 3-2 win [7-2 on aggregate] We played a handful of seniors alongside squad players and youth, yet it was the senior players Steven Gerrard and the recently very impressive Joe Cole who made it 2-0 us. A good show of character then came from Stoke who managed to get back to 2-2, but a late own goal from captain Ryan Shawcross finished the job and compiled their misery of the 2 legs. Wembley here we come.

FA Cup 4th Round vs. Brentford (A): Well, a largely good month so far, getting into the League cup final, getting 9/12 points in the league, and we were confident of progressing here. Didn't quite work out that way though. With our team of youth, back ups and just the one senior in Dirk Kuyt leading the side out failing to perform whatsoever, going 1-0 behind, only for Kuyt to score a great goal from 25 yards, and then to concede a late penalty and to fall out of this domestic cup, at the hands of Brentford. 2-1 loss They fully deserved it, too. Terrible.

So like I said, league-wise, it's a shame the away run had to end, but it did, and that's nothing to be ashamed of, and the overall 3 wins is respectable, keeping us favourites for 4th, (with Stoke City, Spurs and Man City trailing behind us) and of course a debut-season trip to Wembley for me is much appreciated, but the Brentford game leaves a sour taste in the mouth and we must bounce back strongly, otherwise the league cup may not come back to Anfield once more, which could be our first trophy for some time, and a handy confidence boost for the players.

February:

Fixtures:

Premier League vs. Birmingham (H): 1-0 win It looked like potentially one of those days with Carroll and Suarez misfiring, so on came Humberto Suazo to fire in the winner with just 8 minutes remaining on the clock. The win was all that mattered, really.

Premier League vs Tottenham (A): Not the best of displays, to be perfectly honest. Defensively it wasn't brilliant, and we offered little danger up top, either. The first goal came from a Tom Huddlestone header, believe it or not, and the next a good finish from ex-toffee Steven Pienaar. 2-0 loss Still a fair distance ahead of 5th placed Man City, who are level with Stoke, and not far off the gooners in 3rd, either.

Premier League vs. Chelsea (A): Typical, isn't it. Lose your first league away game of the season at Upton Park, then lose your next two on the trot. 2-0 loss in another poor performance, and we can have no complaints about the end result. Must improve.

Europa League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg vs. Olympiakos (H) A difficult draw, not helped by playing at Anfield in the first leg. But we played well, and an Andy Carroll blast from the edge of he area and a Christian Zapata header was all that was needed to give us a good chance of making the next round. 2-0 win

Europa League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg vs. Olympiakos (A) The tie wasn't over yet, and when they got a goal early in the second period, nervous errors came into our play. But we held firm and countered them well, with Milan Badelj finally putting the tie to bed with 15 minutes to go following a good pass from Gerrard. 1-1 draw (3-1 win on aggregate)

League Cup Final vs. West Ham (N) Well a big, big game. It may be a little cup for many, but we hadn't won a trophy for some time, and one now certainly would help my regime as manager and the confidence boost is invaluable. And at the end of the day, it's a trophy. The pressure was on us, certainly. They were our bogey team though as the Press kept on reminding us, and it was very much up for grabs. But ultimately, it was a very tight game. It started well for us, some early pressure paying off with Steven Gerrard once again proving himself on the big stage with a ferocious 35 yard strike, absolutely out of the top drawer. Magnificent. But then Mark Noble netted late into the half, in my view against the run of play, but we didn't deal with a set piece into the area, it fell for Noble, who finished it well. 1-1 it was at half time. In the second half we continued our game well, passing and moving just as we usually do. It paid of when Boussoufa played a neat one-two with Suarez and curled it into the far corner, giving us that vital advantage. The game was in our control from then, at least that's how it seemed, until Pablo Barrera got in behind the back-line and beat Reina impressively. 2-2 with just the 10 minutes to go. Both teams went for it. And, fortunately, it was we who found the final goal. The ball was played down the right for Steven Gerrard, who whipped it in to the far post for the admirable Dirk Kuyt to head home, yet another big goal from the Dutchman. And we held on for our first trophy since the Steven Gerrard vs, ironically enough, West Ham FA Cup final of 2006. A 3-2 win, my first ever trophy and a big morale booster for everyone involved with Liverpool Football Club.

A bad month turned into a great one, through in the Europa League, 4th and looking like staying there, and the League Cup winners of 2010. That will do me, thank you February. Roll on March

Archived